Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSThe Pensieve: Edition Nine Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

The Pensieve: Edition Nine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Hogwarts Pensieve
1st Year
1st Year
The Hogwarts Pensieve

Female
Regist. date : 2008-10-28
Number of posts : 17
Warning :
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3The Pensieve: Edition Nine Right_bar_bleue

House : All of them!
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700The Pensieve: Edition Nine Right_bar_bleue

The Pensieve: Edition Nine Empty
PostSubject: The Pensieve: Edition Nine   The Pensieve: Edition Nine EmptyFri Jan 30 2009, 20:10

The H.E Pensieve

The Pensieve: Edition Nine 2yukqcn

Editor's Babble:

Hola and welcome to another edition of the Pensieve.

As you know things on H.E have changed in a lot of ways, members have left, members have returned, Mr Rai Daddio finally overpowered Elfie and Amy and took control of H.E (i hear that both ladies are recovering well on a small island off Fiji).

Christmas was busy time in the pensieve head quarters. So busy in fact that half my staff are still in bed holding their heads shouting they'd never drink Stephy's Uber Cool Evil Cocktails again ... But like i told them all as i walked around their beds offer tea and sympathy whilst banging my lovely marching band stolen drum, they knew better then to go drinking a cocktail that has Evil in it's name. Ah well they'll learn some day.

Some news from the home front. Some of you may know i have been jet setting around the globe this New Year. New York, Toronto ... well, let me tell you this, i almost died. Honestly, what happened was, i was in the back seat of my friend's car as we drove at some ungodly hour on a mission of making it to Montreal, when she lost control of her car, skidded on some ice and sent us swirling across the road like a bunch of tin can ice skaters. When the car finally stopped i jumped out and screamed "I'm English not a Suicide Passenger." WELL enter stage left Mr PoliceMan. Who by the way looked remarkably like a younger Captain Jack Harkness, like um Captain Jack in The Empty Child *looks at Rai with wide eyes* "Are You My Mummy?" *goes back to telling story*

So the nice man asks (and yes i swoon) if there is a problem. And i say "Yes sir there is! I'm freaking lost!" and he looks at me and speaks "Are you from Scotland?" which is when, thankfully for him, my friend's husband jumped out of the car, bundled me inside and saved the policeman from a good slapping. So anyway, we agree its far to dangerous to be out driving whilst the roads were so icy and go home, with the not-so-nice PoliceMan following us because, wait for it .... ""We don't want to go upsetting the Queen by killing her family."

As you can imagine i fell through the front door of my friend's home and screamed, demanded some hot coco and curled up beside the fire. Some days are just not worth getting out of bed for.

Until next time, Happy New Year to you all and may every day bring you a new surprise in life.

Love Ettie.

p.s. Why does the sun lighten our hair, but darken our skin? Answers on a postcard.

Role Player's (RP) Dimension
By stephy

It's another issue of RP Dimension and here we are again looking at another fascinating character created by one of the members of the site. This character's name is Alice Lovegood. Just hearing the name will make all Harry Potter fans think of the one and only Luna Lovegood, the girl who we all love even if she is a bit sttange. Alice in fact was adopted by the Lovegood's.

Let's take a look at this character's past and learn about her some more. Alice wasn't a;ways a vampire as I'm sure you could of guessed but she was a human at one time. So I bet your wondering how she came to become a vampire. Well here's the story, after the death of her sister, Alice had became depressed so she soon ended up getting into trouble with some mythical creatures who tried to kill her. Just when you'd think she'd be dead, Jona came to the recuse and killed the vampire before he could have her as a tasty snack. ever since than she spent most of her life traveling from family to family trying to fit in with the humans.

So you might be thinking that she's some evil vampire whp does around killing people and drinking their blood. Well that's not the case, instead she's a very upbeat person and drinks only animal blood. So if you run across her don't fear for your life cause she won't try to devour you. She plays the drums and loves to skip and jump a lot. Alice also is part of the DA and the creator of Alice hopes that she might one day become married and have childern. Want to know more? Well you'll just have to wait to find out what's all in store for Alice.

Well let's wrap up this issue of RP Dimension. Hoped you enjoyed readung about this lovely vampire. If you role play than be sure to make a few posts with Alice or if you don't RP might as well as stop by the Great Hall and throw yourself into the fun.

How to work Muggle Devices
By stephy

Have you've ever been invited to a muggle's house or had to use an items of theirs you didn't know how to work and felt imbarassed to ask them how to use it? Well this article will be the answer to all of your problems. In each issue there shall be a detail description on how to use these muggle items and devices. So let's take a look at our first device.

Many muggles call it a television set but some wizards have mistaken it to being a portrait but it's not. First off if you speak to the television set or also known as the T.V. it will not speak back like the many protraits do. Instead they seem to be acting but those in the box are not even aware that your there and watching them no matter how hard you try to communicate with them. So while your ahead don't try to talk to the T.V. or passing muggles will look at you strangely. Once I went to a party and heard a man talking abot the weather in the box. I asked the man to repeat himself but he continued talking which I found to be a bit rude. I yelled at the man telling him he was rude but yet he continued talking as if I wasn't there but I was there, i was standing right beside his box! After a few hours of screaming at it the owners finally threw me out and since than I haven't spoken to them. I wonder how they've been?

So you might be windering, if I'm not suppose to talk to the people in the box than what am I suppose to do with the T.V. Here's what your suppose to do, your suppose to just stare at it for hours on end and pretend like your having lots of fun. If you want you may change the picture in the box. All you have to do is find the magical wand that controls the box. The muggles calls this the controler and using this magical wand just puch buttons on it until the picture changes. But be careful, some of those buttons might mess up the T.V. When this happens find the nearest child and give them the magical wand so they get blamed for it.

When it comes to the T.V. it has got to be the most easiest thing that the muggles created to use. Most of the time it sits there by itself unobserved by those in the room. Rarely do the muggles watch it except at certain hours when they say that their favorite T.V. show is on. When this happens there is no chance of being able to talk to them until this show is over. So I hope that after reading this article that the next time you see this portrait box that you'll know what to do and how to handle the situation.

Back to top Go down
The Hogwarts Pensieve
1st Year
1st Year
The Hogwarts Pensieve

Female
Warning :
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3The Pensieve: Edition Nine Right_bar_bleue

Award Bar :
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700The Pensieve: Edition Nine Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Pensieve: Edition Nine   The Pensieve: Edition Nine EmptyFri Jan 30 2009, 20:11

ADVICE IN TIME FOR VALENTINE'S DAY
by SoS

What is the best way to tell your crush that you love them? In a brightly lit room filled with tea, coffee, and creamy chocolate cake, a few HE members, desperate for love (not to mention free dinner and perhaps a pretty necklace on Valentine's Day), discussed the best way to do just that.

As your trusty journalist, I planted a tiny video camera in a vase of flowers, just for you guys. Here, after I spent hours poring over grainy footage, I give you the answers!

Streams, nibbling on cake, started off the discussion. "So how should I tell my crush that I like him? Maybe I should write him a note and see how he reacts to that? I'm a bit afraid of a face to face conversation, because how embarrassing would that be if he didn't feel the same way?"

"No, no, no!" Stephy said quickly. "I spent hours once writing my crush a note, and then he acted like he never read it." She shook her head and took a gulp of tea, wincing as it burned her tongue. "You should tell him face to face...but first, take awhile to act like you don't like him. Even though it won't get you anywhere..." She sighed.

"Guys like the chase," Streams pointed out around a mouthful of cake. "So by pretending you don't like him, you might make him run after you. On the other hand, if he thinks you're not interested, why should he put his head on the chopping block?"

"Chopping? Blocking? Choking? Ohh, chocolate! I see where you were going with that! Well," Gemma said, sliding onto a poufy chair and helping herself to a hunk of chocolate cake, "I think you should be friends with the guy first. Then you could drop little hints, and if the guy is uninterested, pretend that you were never interested either, and he was just misunderstanding your little hints!" Smirking nastily, Gemma dunked a piece of cake into her coffee.

"I've done nothing BUT drop hints for ages!" Streams moaned. "And he doesn't seem to get it!"

Stephy, trying to cool her burnt tongue by waving at it, lisped, "You could always have a mutual friend tell him for you."

"But doesn't that show that basically, I'm a coward?" Streams asked.

Leaning forward conspiratorially, Stephy said, "If you can make yourself go after him, then do that. I know I would want a guy himself to ask me out rather than getting his friend to do it for him!"

Streams clicked her tongue. "You do know I didn't hear a thing you just said, right? I mean, you were whispering and lisping at the same time."

Stephy took a huge dollop of chocolate cream with her finger, and slowly spelled out on the tablecloth: D-O-N-T W-R-I-T-E H-I-M A N-O-T-E !

"You said that already!" Streams cried. "And I still wanted some of that cream!"

"Relax, everyone," said a voice behind them, and they all jumped.

"Etta, you PROMISED. You promised you'd stop sneaking in on us!" yelled Gemma, dabbing at the cold coffee spilled on her lap.

"Oh whatever. I have popcorn!" said Etta. "And I'm here to tell you all a story about betrayal...and true love...and standing up for what you believe in...and possibly a road trip to France...dim the lights please, thank you."

And so Etta told them about how her friend once told the boy she liked that she would break up with him rather than that she loved him, causing her immense heartbreak.

Etta maintained that being straightforward was good, because even if he didn't feel the same way after she told one boy she loved him, he repaid her honesty by telling her "I just don't feel that way yet" rather than lying and saying "I love you too."

Then she told everyone a long story about the first time she and John professed their love, during which Stephy ate all the popcorn. For the record, Etta said 'I love you' first. Girl power!

"Hey guys," said June, who had quietly appeared while the lights were dimmed. "Could've saved me some popcorn."

"Um. There was popcorn?" Stephy asked delicately.

"Anyway, I think you should get close to him first, and then tell him," said June. "There's more of a chance that he'll like you back and it might be easier to get over a possible rejection. And if he accepts, then you two already know each other!"

"Something important to realize here is that maybe after you become close friends with him, you'll fall OUT of love with him." Streams smiled.

"Mood killer," said Stephy.

"Popcorn eater," Streams retorted.

"Hint dropper!"

"Note writer!"

Footage doesn't lie, but journalists often do, so Stephy and Streams did not have a noisy catfight, at the end of which the leftover cake was dropped down Etta's shirt, who had joined the nonexistent fight to pour beer on June's head.

I'm unsure where she obtained the beer, but she must have had more, because after several drunken hours they all agreed that the best way to profess true love to your crush was to push him off a cliff, and as he fell, screaming in terror, jump after him with parachutes for two and yell "I'll always be there for you, cuz I love you!"

Gemma and Streams composed a song along those lines titled Love Cliff. I believe it can be found on iTunes.
Back to top Go down
The Hogwarts Pensieve
1st Year
1st Year
The Hogwarts Pensieve

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Pensieve: Edition Nine   The Pensieve: Edition Nine EmptyFri Jan 30 2009, 20:12

Horroscopes with Kayz

Well another year has gone and a new one is here what have the stars got hidden for you this year

Aries
March 20-April 19

You begin the year wrestling with questions about who and what are worth your effort. These aren’t easily answered, which frustrates you. However, being forced to take time over them provides unexpected insights, revealing compromises you were unaware of and hopes you’ve never properly recognised. As a result, by the life-changing eclipsed Aries New Moon on March 29, you’re prepared to say farewell to people, habits and goals you’d once have battled to keep as they are. This frees you to explore the extraordinary offers that arise in May and August. Perhaps more important, you develop a new, more intuitive approach to overcoming obstacles. This applies as much to work and relationships as to certain deeply personal issues you thought you’d just have to live with. These wouldn’t make sense if you weren’t also learning how to access powerful resources within. Although this process can be challenging, as with riding a bike, once you’ve done it, you’ll never forget.

Taurus
April 20-May 20

Last year, you made changes more far-reaching than you’d imagined possible, so aren’t in the mood for more. However, you now realise that you have more to discover, within and around you. Thus, when circumstances offer an opportunity to confront obstacles, or explore ideas or places you’ve always avoided, you’re uncharacteristically eager. You even challenge long-standing habits, some just for the sake of it. Altering your routine triggers unexpected insights; suddenly, it’s clear how much past experiences or even others’ words restrict your options. You’ve spent a lifetime believing certain goals are out of reach, or simply saying no, but suddenly you’re more inquisitive. Thus, when unexpected opportunities arise, particularly in May and late August, you actually say yes. Initially, you’re anxious about disruption, but with each new experience, you become more easy-going. You’re soon regarding even situations that force your hand as an opportunity to broaden your horizon — which is exactly what they are.

Gemini
May 21-June 20

You thrive on knowing the latest and are easily bored, yet cling ferociously to who and what are reassuringly familiar. That’s the Gemini paradox. While new ideas provide intellectual nutrition, you sometimes get mentally overwhelmed, and rely on a stable life to provide structure. During 2009, however, eclipses in March and September usher in a series of changes. This alone would be unsettling, but they take place in a setting in which both individuals and institutions are being forced to adjust themselves to a rather unsympathetic environment. Initially, you’re annoyed. But your inquisitiveness soon kicks in, and you start asking questions — of others and, more importantly, of yourself. You consider altering your lifestyle by becoming more minimalist or even moving. Or, instead of expensive clothes or holidays, you develop a passion for activities that are more stimulating — and cheaper. Having seized control of your life, you begin to tame your mind, aiming to achieve your biggest challenge: inner peace.

Cancer
June 21-July 21

It’s tricky being a Cancer. On the one hand, you’re a sensitive, creative water sign, attuned to the tides of nature and the world around you. On the other, you struggle with bouts of anxiety about everything from feelings to finances. Sometimes, these are based on valid concerns, but often they’re triggered by your mood, a rejection or even something you read. Identifying this tendency is an achievement; overcome it, and you give yourself the freedom to explore new ideas and the unfamiliar, and to take chances creatively, personally, romantically and in practical matters. With this year’s dramatic twists and stunning opportunities, this clearer perspective will be particularly helpful. So often you’re the caretaker; now you invest in your happiness and wellbeing by working on your mental, physical and spiritual health. Initially, this seems an unnecessary luxury, but not only do you become stronger when faced with challenges, the anxiety that once overshadowed love and life’s pleasures vanishes.

Leo
July 22-August 22

By now, most Leos will be aware of the demands that Saturn, in their sign, has made on them. Anything from surprise changes or challenging situations to unexpected but disruptive opportunities has shaken up your life. If you’ve already realised that what’s least welcome can often prove most illuminating, your focus shifts to learning from these demands. You may resist changes, reorganising your life grudgingly. However, things remain unsettled, forcing you to keep all arrangements loose. Initially, you complain, until you realise that your horizon is being broadened in remarkable ways. You discover intriguing people and activities; some become a new passion. As important, you balance what goes on within — your hopes and feelings — with what you do. Instead of merely occupying yourself with shopping, you undertake more charitable activities, such as distributing clothes to the homeless. Equally, your holidays combine sunbathing with disaster relief. Most important, this new balance brings you closer to those who inspire you to raise your sights.

Virgo
August 23-September 22

You combine your practicality as an earth sign with the inquisitiveness that comes with being ruled by Mercury. Yet, with your perfectionist streak, you worry. This year brings frequent, unsettling, but ultimately beneficial, changes. These give you good reason to overcome the meticulousness that holds you back and undermines your happiness. Certainly, with Virgo eclipses in mid-March and September, the unexpected forces your hand. Fast-moving developments make you rely on your capacity to gather and analyse facts swiftly, leaving you no time to worry. When you’re not concentrating on one particular task, your mind tends to drift to futile worries. Now you learn to quiet your mind. There is no single right approach. It’s about developing activities — such as gardening or martial arts — that engage the mind and body jointly. Balance that with time taken to smell the roses — literally — and you’ll create a foundation for future happiness as well.

Libra
September 23-October 22

If life has lately seemed like an elegant but ill-fitting shoe, it’s no surprise. You’ve been changing, but it’s been so slow that you won’t necessarily have noticed how much. So you’re still trying to make the old fit. As a Libra, you have no fear of change. On the contrary, the process of exploration can be so absorbing that to actually make a plan, then a commitment, can take ages. Yet during 2009, with its constant changes, you’ll need to make and revise plans regularly. If this is a struggle initially, you soon stop analysing everything, letting your instinct guide you instead. Similarly, where once you’d have worried about keeping others — particularly loved ones — happy, you realise they’ll be fine. This so alters your approach to relationships that you and everybody else are more relaxed. In addition, you finally have time for your own pursuits, from neglected hobbies to spiritual interests, and for the balance you’ve sought for so long.

Scorpio
October 23-November 21

Once, keeping life on a firm rein was your first priority. Since last October, though, when the expansive Jupiter moved into Scorpio, you’ve been learning the joys of simply allowing events to shape your schedule — and your life. This has led to abrupt changes in plans, and thrilling offers. These continue during 2009, although, as they’re unlikely to be a repeat of what’s already taken place, you’re in for more surprises. Your biggest challenge, therefore, is learning to let go. What’s least welcome could be just what’s needed. Mostly, it’s about having faith in others, and in life itself. Gifts appear in unexpected forms — such as an offer to join a friend on a transformative course, or a trip to a remarkable place. Similarly, in numerous relationships, whether personal, familial or with colleagues, you begin to drop barriers you didn’t even know were there. Suddenly, life is easier, and you discover that you can achieve happiness without a struggle.

Sagittarius
November 22-December 21

Developments late last year made it clear that it’s worth taking chances on the unexpected. As there will be two repeats of that particularly splendid aspect between your ruler, Jupiter, and Uranus during 2009, as well as some stimulating challenges, things aren’t about to settle down. Life is about learning as much as you can, meeting as many people as possible and broadening your horizons. If there’s any challenge, it’s that some of what’s involved forces you to face doubts or anxieties you’ve resolutely ignored. Delving into these isn’t fun, but it frees you from worries about them, in turn enabling you to explore elements of the world you’d previously avoided — perhaps unconsciously. This is important now, but is also preparation for the thrilling and expansive cycle that begins in late November, when Jupiter’s move into Sagittarius begins a year-long period of intense personal growth. The clearer your mind, the further you’ll go.

Capricorn
December 22-January 19

You’re beginning to realise that what you think about situations influences the outcome more than hard facts. Consider your initial negativity towards unexpected events late last year, and your attitude once you’d learnt more. The same applies during 2009. Because surprises are frequent and influence several areas of your life, the more you are prepared to consider and explore unexpected developments, the more you’ll benefit. Some involve your personal life, others your ideals or philosophy. Perhaps the most important of these require that you review your values. Initially, you regard this as pointless, until you realise that some of what you put first is unimportant compared to other interests and concerns that always take second place. You realise you’ve been short-changing yourself and decide you need to balance your life. Focus on feelings early in the year and you will reap substantial benefits before its close.

Aquarius
January 20-February 17

Between the presence of the highly spiritual Neptune in your sign and the hugely practical Saturn in your opposite sign, Leo, all year, you’re doing a juggling act. Balancing the need to explore your inner world with issues involving others and business or financial issues would require time in any year, but it’s further complicated by this year’s frequent and unsettling changes. Disruptive as they seem at the time, they force you — and everybody else — to examine your habits and various other elements of your life, eliminating anything that’s holding you back. What you learn isn’t just surprising: you’re shocked at what’s there out of habit, out of guilt or because you never thought to make changes. These insights force you to reflect on your priorities as well. What comes to light makes you realise that such reflections, both on your life and more cosmic matters, need to become a part of your daily existence.

Pisces
February 18-March 19

While you’re in the midst of some of the most exciting events of 2009, in many ways what you’re experiencing is only preparing you for an even more exciting 2010. Knowing this, as circumstances in your personal, working and domestic setup change, you won’t rush to reorganise them, but will simply rearrange things to suit you for the moment. That runs counter to your nature, but you’ll soon realise that, this year at least, it saves you wear and tear. Your time and energy are best spent examining who or what still brings you happiness and supports you, and what doesn’t. Acknowledging this isn’t easy, but certain arrangements have been little but a burden. Doing this also means you finally have time for those pursuits that make you feel better, lift your spirits and remind you of what’s most important. Make this your first priority and everything else falls into place.
Back to top Go down
The Hogwarts Pensieve
1st Year
1st Year
The Hogwarts Pensieve

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Pensieve: Edition Nine   The Pensieve: Edition Nine EmptyFri Jan 30 2009, 20:12

A Post-War Interview with Hermione Granger-Weasley

My heart beats rapidly as I twist in the air and feel as if I’m being squeezed into a tube. Even after all these years, I still haven’t gotten used to the feeling of Apparition. After a moment my feet hit the ground and I open my eyes. All around me witches and wizards rush around Diagon Alley. The air is filled with the calls of street vendors and friends greeting each other… which reminds me; I’m almost late. Quickening my steps, I walk towards The Leaky Cauldron while rummaging through my purse, making sure I haven’t forgotten anything for my interview today. The streets are clogged with shoppers and it seems as if every second, someone else is jostling me in another direction. Finally, I manage to sneak through a gap in the wake of a frumpy witch pushing a huge cart filled with plants and slip in front of the well-known brick wall that separates The Leaky Cauldron from Diagon Alley. With a few quick taps of my wand the bricks rearrange themselves and after a few more steps, I slip inside the pub. I stop momentarily and as I wait for my eyes to adjust from the afternoon brightness to the darkness of the inside I smooth my hair down, combing out a few tangles.

When I’m reasonably put together again I walk deeper into the pub and search for the woman I’m meeting. Ah, there she is. As stated in her owl, Hermione Granger-Weasley is seated at a booth in a corner of the room, slowly stirring a gillywater. I don’t often come into The Leaky Cauldron because, though it has prospered and changed to become much more bright and comfortable under the care of Hannah Longbottom, I will always remember it as the dark and shabby place it was when I first saw it. I’m walking towards Mrs. Weasley as I’m taking in my surroundings and soon, I find myself in front of her.

“Hello,” I say firmly, hiding my anxiety at meeting this famous woman. Holding out my hand, I continue, “I’m Rhiannon Mei from the Pensieve.”

Hermione Granger-Weasley stands, smiles, and shakes my hand. “It’s a pleasure to meet you,” she says, sounding truly sincere and interested. “I’d heard from Harry and Neville about your interview project and it’s an honor to be part of it. I hope you won’t grill me with too many hard questions.” She laughs.

I blush and it’s an effort not to stammer. Hermione Granger-Weasley, the Hermione Granger-Weasley thinks it’s an honor to be part of my project? “No, please, the honor is all mine. I mean, everyone’s heard of you and all you’ve done, even after the war!” Nice Rhia, now she’s going to think you’re some bumbling fangirl.

Mrs. Granger-Weasley blushes and we both sit down. After I order a butterbeer, I reach into my purse and pull out my quill and notepad. “So, down to business, Mrs. Granger-Weasley” I begin, but she cuts me off.

“It’s Hermione, please. ‘Mrs. Granger-Weasley’ makes me feel so old.”

I grin and continue, “Well then, Hermione, what was it like fighting most of the war from behind the scenes?”

She clasps her hands together before she answers. “It was… very stressful, to say the least. Harry, Ron and I were searching for Voldemort’s horcruxes, as you know, but it wasn’t like we found them all within a month. It was a very long journey and full of uncertainty. There were times when we almost lost all hope of ever finding them all, and there were times when it seemed as if nothing we were doing was making any difference. We’d hear reports about muggleborns going missing and of the horrid deeds done by the Ministry, and there we’d be out in the middle of nowhere where we couldn’t do anything for all these people except hear about their tragedies.”

I glance at my quill which is taking all this down before I brace myself, about to ask a potentially delicate question. “While you three were hearing about the turmoil outside of your mission, was there ever any dissension between you?”

For the first time, Hermione looks less than peaceful as she takes a moment to contemplate my question. “Though everyone viewed us as the ‘Golden Trio’, the three best friends, it wasn’t like we always did everything perfectly. Yes, there were a few times when we fought, but nothing that we couldn’t fix together… eventually, anyway.”

“Ah,” I say, not wanting to bring up overly distasteful memories. “What did it involve, all the horcrux-hunting?”

“Lots of planning,” Hermione replies, “Protection spells, Polyjuice potion, and determined perseverance. And of course, the occasional duel or two.”

I smile, but it quickly fades as I remember the next question on my list. “Wasn’t there a time when, well, you three were captured by Snatchers and you, specifically, were tortured?”

A look of distant pain flashes across Hermione’s face and I wonder if I’ve gone too far. “Well… yes. It was Bellatrix Lestrange, and she cast the Cruciatus on me.” Hermione shudders and adds, “Thank Merlin that that was the first and last time it’s been cast on me. It is impossible to imagine the type of pain that a person can be made to feel under that curse.”

I nod vehemently. “I’m so sorry,” I say gently.

She smiles and shrugs. “It’s in the past now and there’s nothing I can do to change that.”

“What was the actual Final Battle like for you?” I ask, changing the subject.

“Very very chaotic,” she says with a wry smile. “Most of the time I had no idea what was going on and the rest of the time, Harry, Ron and I were pursuing plans that we didn’t know would work or not. The whole experience was about staying alive for as long as it took to bring down Voldemort, nothing more and nothing less.

“How did you feel when Harry’s supposedly lifeless body was brought out after he sacrificed himself?”

Hermione fiddles with the straw of her gillywater as she bites her lip. “It’s very difficult to describe,” she slowly begins. “There was shock, mostly, and horror and that feeling like your stomach’s going to drop out from under you. For the most part, I was in a state of disbelief. Even though I had known the fight would be hard, I had always believed that we’d win in the end.” She shakes her head. “When the truth had sunk in, I was so angry, not just at the Death Eaters and at Voldemort, but at Harry himself. Though it was so long ago, I distantly remember saying that if I could, I’d bring him back to life just to kill him again for leaving all of us when he’d as good as promised not to.” She shrugs and smiles a little. “Thankfully, everything worked out in the end.”

“Didn’t you and your husband, Ron Weasley, get together during the Final Battle?”

Hermione blushes and giggles, revealing that even though she’s aged she’s still a girl at heart. “Yes, actually. It was right after we had destroyed one of the horcruxes down in the Chamber of Secrets, and we had just run into Harry. At some point Ron mentioned something about the house elves, who he knew I cared about, and it was just really sweet.”

I smile and lean forward. “Now you two have two children, don’t you?” I ask.

She nods and her pride lights up her face. “Yes: Rose and Hugo. Rose is older, but Hugo is growing so quickly. Rose reads voraciously and Hugo is so obsessed with Quidditch that more often than not, I’ll find him flying through the house on his toy broom.”

I grin; Hermione’s happiness is infectious. “I’ve heard that you’re rising at the Ministry and you’ve already done so much to improve the lives of house elves. What are you working on now?”

She smiles and says, “Thanks. Well, I can’t really say what I’m researching most now because it might give my opponents an edge, but I can say that a few of the more notorious pro-pureblood laws are on their way out.”

“That’s fantastic news!” I glance at my watch and grimace. “I’m so sorry Hermione, but it looks like my allotted time for this is up. I’m so sorry to cut this interview short.”

She shakes her head and stands as I do the same, putting my quill and notepad back into my purse. “It’s perfectly
alright. I understand.”

“Thank you so much for your time,” I say smiling. “Please give my warmest regards to your family.”

“Sure,” Hermione replies, hitching her own purse onto her shoulder. “It was lovely meeting you.”

Giving her a nod I turn and, after nearly tripping over a broom sweeping around a chair, I exit The Leaky Cauldron. The bright sunlight blinds me for a moment as I automatically tap out the correct pattern on the bricks leading to Diagon Alley. Now it was time to get back to the office and ready this interview for publication before concentrating and researching for the next one. It had been a productive day.

- RhiannonMei
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13 Fanfiction Recommendations:

"The Shoebox Project" by Ladyjaida and Dorkorific
http://community.livejournal.com/shoebox_project/
Summary: The story of the Mauraders in the form of notes, letters, pictures, diaries, and story telling.
J/L, R/S

"Priori Incantatem" by fellytone
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1541401/1/
Summary: James/Lily. Can James Potter, Marauder and troublemaker extraordinaire, ever convince Lily Evans, Prefect and good girl, that they were meant to be? Now complete!

"After the End" by Arabella and Zsenya
http://www.sugarquill.net/read.php?storyid=619&chapno=1
Summary: It's the summer after seventh year, and Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and the rest of the wizarding world must learn to live without fear. This story was written prior to the release of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix." H/G, R/Hr

"Seeking Ginny" by Casca
http://thehiddentower.net/fics/cseekingginny_0.htm
Summary: For years Ginny Weasley has tried to bring an end to her feelings for Harry Potter... she's even uprooted her life... but what happens when it's time to come face to face with him again? A post-Hogwarts tale revolving around Ginny's discovery of herself... while coming to terms with her feelings for Harry.

"Ginny's Gift" by Ashwinder
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/601108/1/
Summary: Ginny gives Harry a special birthday present, but the consequences are unexpected. Rating is for innuendo and possible swearing.

"The Long Road Home" by Ashwinder
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/994611/1/
Summary: The sequel to “Ginny’s Gift”. Harry must deal with the aftermath of Voldemort's defeat.

"The Book of Morgan Le Fey" Trilogy by LavenderBrown
http://checkmated.com/story.php?story=1494
Summary: A sixth year fic told from Ron's perspective. The Trio return to Hogwarts to learn that Voldemort is hatching an evil plan to kill Muggles. Not only must they try and stop him, Ron must deal with his feelings for Hermione.

"The Final Reckoning" by LavenderBrown
http://checkmated.com/story.php?story=2353
Summary: The sequel to “The Book of Morgan Le Fey”. Ron, Hermione and Harry are going into their seventh year at Hogwarts, determined to defeat Voldemort once and for all. Ron's learning to use his new skills, and Harry gets a second chance at love. But the girl he falls for may be special in more ways than one, and she could be a perfect target for the Dark Lord.

"The Paradigm of Uncertainty" Trilogy by Lori
http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/lori/TPOU01.html
Summary: Nine years after graduating from Hogwarts, Charms fellow Hermione Granger again finds herself caught up in Harry Potter's mysterious life.
H/Hr, R/OC, SS/OC

"Blood" by Athena Linborn
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1300617/1/
Summary: In order to ensure the continuation of a healthy bloodline, Draco Malfoy must marry a Mudblood. Only the best will do for the Malfoy family, but things aren't as straight forward as they seem, as the best candidate is Hermione Granger!

"Hesperides' Apple" by ogygiasylph
http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=4481&chapter=1
Summary: When Ginny Weasley becomes Draco Malfoy's wife, he suspects neither her true identity nor her dangerous motives. But when all Hell breaks lose and their relationship takes unexpected turns, there is more at stake than preserving their marriage--namely, preserving their lives.

Harry Potter and the Battle of Wills by Jocelyn
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2009130/1/
Summary: Harry mourns his godfather as the war finally begins in earnest, bringing tragedy and new struggles for all those on the side of Good. If they hope to win, old quarrels must be set aside, new alliances must be forged, and Harry Potter must find the courage to face down dark wizards, his own emotions, and a destiny he did not choose.

"Getting the Hang of Thursday's" by Hayseed
http://ashwinder.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=6501
Summary: A good day goes bad and then gets far worse than Severus could ever have imagined. Again and again and again. Inspired by the WIKTT Time-Loop Challenge. HG/SS
Back to top Go down
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :

House : ravenclaw
Crest : The Pensieve: Edition Nine Ravenc10
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700The Pensieve: Edition Nine Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Pensieve: Edition Nine   The Pensieve: Edition Nine EmptyFri Jan 30 2009, 20:32

Well done everyone *claps* and thanks for the advice for valintines day... I might give a try,,, maybe XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
Sashi
Ravenclaw Head of House : Charms Professor : 1st Year: Fairy
Ravenclaw Head of House : Charms Professor : 1st Year: Fairy
Sashi

Female
Regist. date : 2008-09-26
Number of posts : 10475
Real First Name : Sashi
Warning :

House : where wits are far beyond measure
Crest : The Pensieve: Edition Nine Ravenc10
Award Bar :
The Pensieve: Edition Nine Left_bar_bleue203 / 700203 / 700The Pensieve: Edition Nine Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Pensieve: Edition Nine   The Pensieve: Edition Nine EmptySat Jan 31 2009, 01:05

Wow!!! We sure have very very good journalists!!! Bravo!!! Bravo!!! Well done!! applause

I loved everything!! And the horoscope thingy, so so right!! That future thing to happen really has a connection to my state now.

And the stories, GOSH!!!

So, yep!! ALL were great.. Woohoo!! Great job you guys!! Keep it up!! The Pensieve: Edition Nine 436937
Back to top Go down
http://www.dollgoddessloony.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pensieve: Edition Nine   The Pensieve: Edition Nine Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pensieve: Edition Nine
Page 1 of 1