Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSSecret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
streams of silver
5th Year
5th Year
streams of silver

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 6449
Real First Name : What is real?
Warning :
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Right_bar_bleue

House : Hufflepuff, of course. I thought it was obvious...
Crest : Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Huffle10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Left_bar_bleue15 / 70015 / 700Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Right_bar_bleue

Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Empty
PostSubject: Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet   Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet EmptyWed Mar 04 2009, 14:03

Mwahahahaha. Yes yes indeed, I have been lurking about in my secret, spacious spot, conveniently concealed for my contentment.

You don't see me. I was never here.

Sshhh.

TO DO LIST:

Opinion - World Ending-You Wanna Know?
Editorial - TBA
WTDW (What to Do When...) - TBA
Book Review
DVD Review
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegiftbp.com
streams of silver
5th Year
5th Year
streams of silver

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 6449
Real First Name : What is real?
Warning :
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Right_bar_bleue

House : Hufflepuff, of course. I thought it was obvious...
Crest : Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Huffle10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Left_bar_bleue15 / 70015 / 700Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet   Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet EmptyWed May 20 2009, 20:18

Opinion: Do You Want to Know When the World is Going to End?

I know something you don't.

A crazy lady with frizzy hair whispered it to me in the park, just as the sun was going down and the demons were rising from their slumber. I would have dismissed her words as random ramblings if not for their prophetic content. She gave me a string of numbers. And an exact date.

Gesticulating wildly, she tottered down the path and then fell onto a bench, stone drunk. I immediately wrote down the numbers and date, which I had been repeating in my head, and then chuckled. This was crazy, right? Why was I even writing this down? However, I resisted the urge to throw the paper into the nearest bin.

I entered the string of numbers into the local lottery drawing. And I won seventy-five thousand dollars.

With enough money now to support myself for a few years, I have elected to spend this time informing everyone who wants to know the date on which I believe the world will end. First, I have been approaching my family and friends, and therefore consulted with members of the Pensieve on whether or not they were interested.

--

Gemma, who had been walking around the room in circles while humming a tune under her breath, paused her dizzying trek to answer the question.

"I'd want to know it, but only assuming that the end would be at some date before my 'normal' death," Gemma said. "The reason really is simple: If I know that I'm going to have to leave soon, then I know exactly how much time I have for doing whatever I've always wanted to do and saying goodbye to the people I care about.

She took a deep breath. "However, if the world was going to end after my life did, then I'd rather not know. Not only would it not apply to me, but given that I might one day have children, it would be more than a little weird to be sure of the day they (or my grandchildren, great-grandchildren...) would perish. Why would I want to know that? It'd simply be depressing."

Gemma slumped in her chair, contemplating her future generations' deaths, and refused to speak to anyone for the rest of the evening.

--

Next I approached Ettie, who was quite busy adding ingredients to a bright blue potion with a smell so potent it made me sneeze five times in a row. Ettie hurriedly had me drink a clear liquid that tasted faintly of honey, and dodged the question when I asked what the potion was for, muttering something that sounded like 'bloody first years' under her breath. I'm not sure I heard right though. It may just as well have been 'beauty face lift' or 'muddy foot disease.'

Ettie let the pot simmer for awhile as she answered my question.

"Having recently realised I'm not immortal like I always thought I was--" I snickered rather loudly at this point, after which Ettie glared at me and stirred the potion furiously-- "I'd rather not know when the world is ending.

"If it was let out that the world would end in 3 weeks, it would cause chaos. Everyone would panic, and our last days on earth would be rather sad.

"Saying goodbye to loved ones, well you're always saying goodbye to them. If you're so concerned about not getting the chance to make peace then you'd do something about it now wouldn't you? I always make sure my friends and family know I love them and I have made my peace with those who I needed to."

--

My secret starting to weigh heavy on my mind, I next turned to Stephy, who had mixed views on the subject. Stephy believed that if she knew the date then she would take more risks, not caring if she put her life in danger. She listed this as an advantage and a disadvantage, and though I sat with her for nearly an hour she was unable to decide whether or not she wanted to know.

--

Shausto-la decided that she would like to be present the moment the world ended, but didn't want to know exactly when. Much but not at all like you expect a surprise birthday party, and want to be present, but don't want to know all the details. Shausto and I exchanged numbers and information just in case the date was soon. I did not disclose the exact date to Shausto, or even whether it would be in her lifetime.

As I left, she shouted after me, "Knowing the date would just make me think about everything that I didn't yet get to do and all of the things that I'll never be able to do, and then I'll just start walking around talking to the trees about how much I'll miss them and then I'll be put in an insane asylum and then the world would end while I was in an insane asylum, and that would kind of suck!"

I assured her that if the world ended in our lifetime, I would visit her in the asylum and hold the Goodbye Earth Party there, which cheered her up a bit.

--

Worried voices started up in the back of my head. Was NOBODY interested in when the world would end? Was it possible that the woman from the park had been spouting her prophecy for years, and nobody had paid it the slightest attention until now? Dejected, I raised my hand to knock at Stephy's door again, to see whether or not she had made up her mind, but heard her talking to herself. "It would be cool to know when the world is going to end, but people might go all crazy! Robbing and doing crimes and stuff!" I backed away from the door, sighing.

It wasn't like I was planning on making a mass announcement. I was just curious if those closest to me were interested.

Apparently not.

Suddenly everything went dark. I screamed and flailed my arms, shocked and terrified all at once. Then I heard Etta's voice shouting crazy words, and realized she had thrown a bag over my head. I wondered if maybe even the IDEA of knowing when the world would end had made dear Ettie go 'round the bend, but who are we kidding? She's ALWAYS been insane.

Shausto must have spread the word about the Goodbye Earth Party, because suddenly Etta and Stephy were enthused, babbling about the party like there was no tomorrow. Er. Not that I'm implying that the date is before tomorrow.

Stephy and Shausto were ready for me to announce on some random day that there'd be a party, and that way they'd know that it was THE DAY. But Ettie panicked and said we should just party every day, being thankful for all the time we have!

The front door swung open and Rigby tromped in, her cheeks bright from a walk to the bakery. She immediately joined in with wanting to know when the world would end, simply because she figured the parties would be awesome.

Now here they all were, glad to know the date and I was glad to not have to plan the humongous Goodbye Earth Party all on my own. Rigby theorized, while pulling out muffins from a white paper bag and setting them down on the desk, "What if the world has already ended and we're all dead and in some kind of hellish limbo already?

"What if I am thinking that I'm here with you all but really my body is laying in the rubble of my building?"

We were all silent for a moment, pondering Rigby's theory, but I decided that the muffins smelled too good to be just in my imagination.

Gathered around the copier, I solemnly told the date to those who wanted to know. There were a few surprised gasps, a 'Come ON!' from Rigby, and an eyeroll from Stephy. I smiled, and we began planning the party.

But YOU don't know if it will be the Goodbye Earth Party or a Huffie Pride Party. You'll find out when you get your invite. See you then!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegiftbp.com
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :

House : ravenclaw
Crest : Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Ravenc10
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet   Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet EmptyWed May 20 2009, 20:35

OooOOo. i really liked that. It was super fun to read and you made me seem more sane than what I actually am XD lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet   Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet Empty

Back to top Go down

Secret Door Behind the Filing Cabinet
Page 1 of 1