Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
Snapes comment in first class of death Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSSnapes comment in first class of death Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Snapes comment in first class of death

Go down 
+11
Rose
Analia
amberg93
Just_Ginny
jennifer williams
WytchKitty
Charmed Granger
Padfoot Potter
Amy
Fated4HP
Severus Snape
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Severus Snape
5th Year
5th Year
Severus Snape

Male
Regist. date : 2006-02-21
Number of posts : 2829
Real First Name : Mick
Warning :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin Ex-Head and back to second head!
Crest : Snapes comment in first class of death Slythe10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue20 / 70020 / 700Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

Snapes comment in first class of death Empty
PostSubject: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyMon May 01 2006, 17:02

Quote :
put a stopper on death

I never really thought about this until I (finally) reached the last book and saw poor dumbledore die. Now I know JK has specified that you can not be brought back from the dead, but I am wondering whether Snape meant a potion he could brew to help stop death - not necessarily dumbledores but perhaps harrys in the last book?

Does anyone else think that this quote could mean something or am i simply barking up the wrong tree?
Back to top Go down
Fated4HP
5th Year
5th Year
Fated4HP

Male
Regist. date : 2006-03-05
Number of posts : 5918
Location : Embraced by the dark side, found only in shadows of my evil mind!
Real First Name : Jesse
Warning :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

House : SLYTHERIN
Award Bar :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyWed May 03 2006, 09:15

Well it's possible that "Put a stopper in death" is more than just a saying. Remember that Snape is really smart and it could be possible that he has created a potion to drink just before someone is to die. What if he actually made it and gave it to Dumbledore? Maybe it required 6 years or something that had to be taken in doses over the course of 6 years?? Maybe I'm going a little off here but that phrase does raise some interesting speculations.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Retired Deputy Head : 5th year
Retired Deputy Head : 5th year
Amy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 11746
Real First Name : Amy
Warning :

House : Gryffindor
Crest : Snapes comment in first class of death Gryffi10
Award Bar :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyWed May 03 2006, 09:17

That's an interesting and valid observation! I've never taken time to consider that turn of phrase before...I always assumed it meant a bottle stopper, that Snape can bottle death and put a stopper in it.

But then when was JKR one for simplicity? It's very possible and quite probable that it has a double meaning...we'll just have to wait and see what happens in book 7!
Back to top Go down
http://amyxaphania.livejournal.com
Severus Snape
5th Year
5th Year
Severus Snape

Male
Regist. date : 2006-02-21
Number of posts : 2829
Real First Name : Mick
Warning :

House : Slytherin Ex-Head and back to second head!
Award Bar :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue20 / 70020 / 700Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyFri May 12 2006, 12:39

Fated4HP wrote:
Remember that Snape is really smart and it could be possible that he has created a potion to drink just before someone is to die. What if he actually made it and gave it to Dumbledore?

Well that is what I was thinking, though JK does mention that Dumbledore is actually dead and the dead can't return (at least I think she did) - perhaps it could be used to save Harry?
Back to top Go down
Fated4HP
5th Year
5th Year
Fated4HP

Male
Warning :

Award Bar :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyFri Jun 09 2006, 05:46

Yeah it's possible that you're right on that Snape though it could have more meaning to it.
I'm not really sure what to say on this cuz I can't find the words right now..but I know what I want to say it's just forming it into words. ~Sighs~ :D
Jesse
Back to top Go down
Padfoot Potter
1st Year
1st Year
Padfoot Potter

Male
Regist. date : 2006-02-25
Number of posts : 929
Warning :

House : GRYFFINDOR
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyFri Jun 09 2006, 05:53

I think you are right Snape. It sounds right...but is it?
Back to top Go down
Fated4HP
5th Year
5th Year
Fated4HP

Male
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptySun Jun 11 2006, 02:49

Okay NOW I remember how I was going to word it. Maybe Dumbledore and Snape planned this all out from the beginning and maybe they actually had key signals along the way. It's very possible that Snape created that 'stopper in death' potion along the way and maybe THAT is why-in book 4- He was soooooo mad about Harry and the Polyjuice potion becuz if snape was working on that potion during that time(it may take a long time to make with a potion like that being so strong) Then that would explain why Snape was so mad about Harry and his friends stealing ingredients. Maybe some of those ingredients were specifically gotten for that particular potion. Maybe they were specially cured or prepared specifically for the 'stopper in death' potion. :scratch:

It makes sense to me, and if that is the case then book 4 would be forshadowing(is that the right word here to use? ) for the 6th book. Does anyone agree with this or am I Just over analyzing? I tend to do that a lot. :lol!:

Jesse affraid
Back to top Go down
Charmed Granger
1st Year
1st Year
Charmed Granger

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-12
Number of posts : 1005
Real First Name : Lisa (Lise)
Warning :

House : slytherin
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyTue Jun 13 2006, 06:53

Quote :
Maybe Dumbledore and Snape planned this all out from the beginning and maybe they actually had key signals along the way. It's very possible that Snape created that 'stopper in death' potion
That is interesting thought and it leaves hope that dumbledore is still alive. I think it was planned between snape and dumbledore but doesnt JK rowling say that dumbledore IS dead somewhere - i amy be wrong!

Quote :
Then that would explain why Snape was so mad about Harry and his friends stealing ingredients. Maybe some of those ingredients were specifically gotten for that particular potion. Maybe they were specially cured or prepared specifically for the 'stopper in death' potion. :scratch:

ooh interesting again - this could explain his reaction - but then again he does hate harry so he is always angry at him anyway

Quote :
It makes sense to me, and if that is the case then book 4 would be forshadowing(is that the right word here to use? ) for the 6th book. Does anyone agree with this or am I Just over analyzing? I tend to do that a lot. :lol!:
I agree i think - you have brought up some interesting points and im going to go think on this some more
Back to top Go down
WytchKitty
1st Year
1st Year
WytchKitty

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-24
Number of posts : 1993
Real First Name : Tiff
Warning :

House : Slytherin
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyFri Jun 23 2006, 04:38

Jesse, I admire all the interesting points you brought up. You must have been thinking about this before lol.

I think the stopper in death, could be something we will find out in the 7th book. But what I don't understand is why Snape would verbally announce that to the whole class.
I wonder if he was trying to send a signal or maybe he was just bragging?
If there is a spell or potion that strong and of great importance; wouldn't Snape have to worry about that information falling into the wrong hands? But then again, we really don't know whose side Snape is on.
Back to top Go down
jennifer williams
5th Year
5th Year
jennifer williams

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-27
Number of posts : 4390
Real First Name : I'd prefer to be called Jenn (NOT Jenny) Thank you very much. *smiles*
Warning :

House : HUFFLEPUFF the only place to be...
Crest : Snapes comment in first class of death Huffle10
Award Bar :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue105 / 700105 / 700Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyFri Jun 23 2006, 12:29

I think that Snape abnounced it to the whole class because maybe that what he just started to work on and it was on his mind. The other students woiuld just assume how duck and i did that he meabnt you could bottle up death and put a stopper on it..
Back to top Go down
Fated4HP
5th Year
5th Year
Fated4HP

Male
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyMon Jun 26 2006, 11:07

There may be more than one meaning for that phrase though Book 7 may reveal something obvious that we may have overlook heh.
Back to top Go down
Just_Ginny
1st Year
1st Year
Just_Ginny

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-26
Number of posts : 10804
Real First Name : Rachel
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff! HUFF PUFF BADGERS FOR THE WIN!
Award Bar :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue25 / 70025 / 700Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyMon Jul 17 2006, 16:11

Well, something like the "stopper in death" potion could be "The Draught of the Living Death", I suppose.

But I don't think that Dumbledore will ever come back through the means of something like that (although I did have him do something like that in my fic lol), because it's important to the plot that Dumbledore be dead. It sort of gives Harry to jump to go get the horcruxes.

But, although Snape is definitely good, and will save the day in the end, do you think this "stopper in death" business could've been something he once helped Voldemort with? He said he had tried many many things, so, is it possible a potion brewed by Snape could be one of them?
Back to top Go down
http://charmedchildren.proboards51.com
Fated4HP
5th Year
5th Year
Fated4HP

Male
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyTue Jul 18 2006, 00:51

Hmm..you bring up and interesting thought Ginny..

IF Snape was truly devoted to Voldemort at one time in the past, is it possible that he helped Voldemort stay alive all this time??

This is just assuming he really IS on the Dark Lord's side.
Maybe Snape was able to aid Voldemort-even in a small way- it would explain why Voldemort is still around ?
Back to top Go down
amberg93
Deputy Head : Gryffindor HoH : Arithmancy & Arts & Muggle Studies Professor : 5th Year
Deputy Head : Gryffindor HoH : Arithmancy & Arts & Muggle Studies Professor : 5th Year
amberg93

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-11
Number of posts : 16910
Real First Name : Amber/Amby :D
Warning :

House : Gryffindor!
Award Bar :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue391 / 700391 / 700Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyTue Jul 18 2006, 00:55

Interesting i never thought of that, but im not convinced. I read somewhere, i can't remember where, that JKR said neither Sirius or Dumbledore is coming back. So i really dont think it possible, but if it happens i stand corrected otherwise, im not convinced.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.heartofamerica.proboards49.com
Just_Ginny
1st Year
1st Year
Just_Ginny

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue25 / 70025 / 700Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyTue Jul 18 2006, 08:34

Well, he could've been loyal to him at one time, but then defected to Dumbledore's side. I mean Dumbledore does have that awesome beard.

I think he perhaps brewed a potion to stopper Voldemort's death when the time comes, which Voldemort took. But then he found about the prophecy and yadda yadda he joins the guy with the awesome beard's side.:D
Back to top Go down
amberg93
amberg93

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue391 / 700391 / 700Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyTue Jul 18 2006, 10:01

Hmm... I think the Voldermort thing is very possible, but the dumbledore thing? No, notta Snape really killed dumbledore. He showed his true colors and joined Voldermort forevermore :D that would be my view on the matter right there
Back to top Go down
Just_Ginny
1st Year
1st Year
Just_Ginny

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyTue Jul 18 2006, 10:06

*hides Amber from Elfie*

Speak not of the evilness of Snape Amber! lol
Back to top Go down
amberg93
amberg93

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyTue Jul 18 2006, 10:12

*hide with my Charmed CHica*

But i thought you were suppost to say what you think? And Elfie loves me :D
Back to top Go down
Just_Ginny
1st Year
1st Year
Just_Ginny

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyTue Jul 18 2006, 10:21

.....Yeah but she also loves Snape...

Oh well *un-hides Amber*

Anyways...weren't we talking about stoppering death lol...
Back to top Go down
amberg93
amberg93

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyTue Jul 18 2006, 13:28

Yes and how Snape could have used a potion to stop/fake someones death

bottom line, thinking about it again, I don't think he made a potion to fake/stop neither Dumbledore Or Voldies death(s)
Back to top Go down
Just_Ginny
1st Year
1st Year
Just_Ginny

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyTue Jul 18 2006, 16:29

I don't think he did it for Dumbledore, but definite possibility for Voldemort.

It could be why Voldy trusted him for so very long.
Back to top Go down
amberg93
amberg93

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyTue Jul 18 2006, 16:40

true but i don't think voldie is that stupid, he would have known somethings up, if snape really was good, I mean sure hes evil but he's not dumb........
Back to top Go down
Just_Ginny
1st Year
1st Year
Just_Ginny

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyTue Jul 18 2006, 16:43

But we must remember that Snape is a master of legilimency and occlumency. Dumbledore put him in charge of training Harry in that art, so he must be very very good at it. Perhaps so could he could even fool the Dark Lord?
Back to top Go down
Analia
1st Year
1st Year

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-26
Number of posts : 2788
Real First Name : Caity
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptySun Jul 23 2006, 20:41

I think the "put a stopper in death" comment was just about the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone. not about killing anyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kissofinfinity
Rose
1st Year
1st Year
Rose

Female
Regist. date : 2006-07-26
Number of posts : 336
Warning :

House : Huff and a Puff for Hufflepuff! Hufflepuffs official rose coloured doctor fan
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyFri Jul 28 2006, 06:52

A few ideas I think are feasable

Quote :
I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death --

Putting a 'stopper in death' doesn't have to mean literally 'stopping' death, it can also refer to closing a bottle with a cork or simillar. Also, lets look at the closing of the bottle. It could reference to the closing of a deal - HBP reference where Snape closed the deal of the unbreakable promise (and yes, killed Dumbledroe). Yes, it could also mean that Dumbledore is not in fact dead, or at least dead like we think. Snape could have 'put a stopper in death' in some way with Dumbledore, though I do not think that Dum,bledore is alive as we know it!

What about Dumbledore's bad hand in HBP? Perhaps that was fatal - I believe it was Hermione who said about it looking dead. Perhaps Snape was able to put a stopper on death there - not bring his hand back but stop in in its tracks - stop it from completely dying and killing dumbledore through spreading.

Let's not forget that JKR likes to play with words. I would not be surprised if JKR was sending us more than one message with the "stopper in death" phrase...

Also, look at the actual wording. It is not - put a stopper in death - it is 'stopper death'. This slight difference may change some peoples ideas?
Back to top Go down
Just_Ginny
1st Year
1st Year
Just_Ginny

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyMon Jul 31 2006, 07:52

Hmm.... those are some very very good possibilities Rose! I like the Snape stoppering the death in his hand....very good.
Back to top Go down
Snapes_girl
1st Year
1st Year
Snapes_girl

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 6274
Real First Name : Nancy
Warning :

House : Slytherin - Where I have always belonged
Award Bar :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue3 / 7003 / 700Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptySun Nov 26 2006, 16:19

I think the quote means something, otherwise they wouldn't have put it into the book. It may play a huge part in the 7th book and may have played a part in the 6th book that we are not yet aware of.
Back to top Go down
KatieBellaTrix
5th Year
5th Year
KatieBellaTrix

Female
Number of posts : 5236
Real First Name : Let's Leave it at Katie... XD
Warning :

House : Gryffindor Girlie
Award Bar :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue53 / 70053 / 700Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyMon Nov 27 2006, 19:30

I think it means the bezoar or something or maybe he gave dumbledore a potion when he came back with his withered hand in the sixth book. Maybe it's just to impress them, idk, this is SNAPE people!
Back to top Go down
polly
3rd Year
3rd Year
polly

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-12
Number of posts : 10718
Real First Name : Polly
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw!
Crest : Snapes comment in first class of death Ravenc10
Wand : Hawthorn and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue11 / 70011 / 700Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyThu May 10 2007, 10:09

maybe you have to brew a potion up to make the horcurxes and thats how you put a stopper to death hmm dont know would be nice if dumbledore had come back
Back to top Go down
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :

House : ravenclaw
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptyFri May 11 2007, 20:52

well when i was thinking of this it made me think of them covering up a death..... maybe the potion is used to fake a death or something... idk
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
KatieBellaTrix
5th Year
5th Year
KatieBellaTrix

Female
Number of posts : 5236
Real First Name : Let's Leave it at Katie... XD
Warning :

House : Gryffindor Girlie
Award Bar :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue53 / 70053 / 700Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptySat Dec 29 2007, 10:06

I think by stopper death he meant that it could save youfrom death not reverse it. You can't bring people back after they have already died.
Back to top Go down
stephy
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :

House : ravenclaw
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Snapes comment in first class of death Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700Snapes comment in first class of death Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death EmptySun Aug 15 2010, 23:58

hahah unless your Voldie and have many Horcrux's around XD Of course he never fully died.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snapes comment in first class of death   Snapes comment in first class of death Empty

Back to top Go down

Snapes comment in first class of death
Page 1 of 1