Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
Deatheaters: Part 1 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSDeatheaters: Part 1 Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Deatheaters: Part 1

Go down 
+6
Kit
WeasleyTwinsGirl
Snapes_girl
MonkeyLord81
KatieBellaTrix
Elfie Dumbledore
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Elfie Dumbledore
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Elfie Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-21
Number of posts : 15397
Real First Name : Sharon
Warning :
Deatheaters: Part 1 Left_bar_bleue1 / 31 / 3Deatheaters: Part 1 Right_bar_bleue

House : I didn't retire...I surrendered!
Crest : Deatheaters: Part 1 Hogwar10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Deatheaters: Part 1 Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700Deatheaters: Part 1 Right_bar_bleue

Deatheaters: Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Deatheaters: Part 1   Deatheaters: Part 1 EmptyTue Jan 02 2007, 11:19

Thank you to just_ginny for the lesson suggestions. 20 housepoints have gone your way and you can still participate!

We will be covering deatheaters in a couple of classes.

To begin with, we will be looking at already existing deatheaters

Part 1:

Describe in detail the common traits in which all deatheaters hold. Please be detailed as this part is worth 20 housepoints

Part 2:

Choose one existing deatheater from the HP verse. Document why you believe he/she became a deatheater and their deatheater duties since joining, touching on as much information about them as you can

Housepoints possible:

part 1: 20
part 2: 30
total: 50

Remember to cite all sources and no copying/pasting

good luck
Back to top Go down
http://hogwarts-experience.heavenforum.com
KatieBellaTrix
5th Year
5th Year
KatieBellaTrix

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 5236
Real First Name : Let's Leave it at Katie... XD
Warning :
Deatheaters: Part 1 Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Deatheaters: Part 1 Right_bar_bleue

House : Gryffindor Girlie
Crest : Deatheaters: Part 1 Gryffi10
Award Bar :
Deatheaters: Part 1 Left_bar_bleue53 / 70053 / 700Deatheaters: Part 1 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Deatheaters: Part 1   Deatheaters: Part 1 EmptyTue Jan 02 2007, 14:27

Death Eaters: Part 1

By KatieBellaTrix

Part One

I think that all deatheaters, in some degree, don't feel loved. This is interesting, as some of them came from normal, caring families, who loved them. Abother interesting piont is this is the way Voldy grew up. I also beleive most of them were outsider in society: i.e. Snape, Fenrir Greyback. Some also come form families of DE. Bellatrix, and Sirius' brother would fit in here. I think that Voldu recriuts and when he does he is looking for people with a pure-blodd family history, people who hang out with other DeathEaters, people who are exceptionally bright or talentted in the Dark Arts, and people who are outsiders in society. But, I doubt he does the recruiting so he must send out DE. I also think a trait all DE share is fear. They are scared of him, or of other people so they want him for protection. An example of that would be Wormtail.

Part Two

I call Bella! LOL. She is perhaps the most interesting DE's ever, apart from RAB. I think she joined becasue she came from a pure-blodd family, whose parent's proably were or at least cousins or family friends, and she wanted to prove herself. Another possibilty is she could have joined after meeting her husband and they joined together. I find she is an extremely loyal DE and very devoted to her dear Volielocks, beleiving he has no faults. She is very eager to please him as we hear her explain in the Ministry in OotP. I think she wants to prove herself, and Voldie's prasie makes her feel important (maybe due to a crumbling marriage?) she seems very eager to make him happy, but that could be becasue she is scared of him. Her duties have been widespread. We know she was a vital aid to Voldemort during the first war, and maybe she was sent to watch guard over the LOngbottoms if Voldie decided to go there. In any case, she tortured the Longbottoms, which pleased Voldie tremendoulsy, although we don't know if that was an order.It was also her duty to help get the prophecy back, which she failed. After so, we don't know what she has doing but she seems to not be so importnat to Voldy anymore.

---*** If it is too short let me know I will redo it***---
Back to top Go down
MonkeyLord81
1st Year
1st Year
MonkeyLord81

Male
Regist. date : 2006-12-22
Number of posts : 37
Real First Name : Harry
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff
Award Bar :
Deatheaters: Part 1 Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Deatheaters: Part 1 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Deatheaters: Part 1   Deatheaters: Part 1 EmptySat Jan 06 2007, 07:00

Part 1:

All death eaters are cruel, believe they are better than others, enjoy torture and death, have loyalty by fear, and being an outcast. They also are all liars, murderers, and extremists. I think they also have a hatred of socioty, and are unloved by everyone, except people who like the Dark Lord or Death Eaters.

Part 2:

I will choose RAB. I believe RAB = Regulas [middle name that starts with A] Black.
That's why he got killed by Voldemort.
I think he became a Death Eater because of family pride, love of the dark arts, and a serious misunderstanding of what it was like. Therefore, he destroyed one of the Dark Lord's horcuxes. He must have been a powerful wizard to do so, but also had an inside accomplice (If it was Lucius it would be a plot twister). And unfortunatly, we have on idea what he did as a death eater.
Back to top Go down
Snapes_girl
1st Year
1st Year
Snapes_girl

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 6274
Real First Name : Nancy
Warning :

House : Slytherin - Where I have always belonged
Crest : Deatheaters: Part 1 Slythe10
Award Bar :
Deatheaters: Part 1 Left_bar_bleue3 / 7003 / 700Deatheaters: Part 1 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Deatheaters: Part 1   Deatheaters: Part 1 EmptyMon Jan 08 2007, 08:46

Part 1:

The common traits in which all death eaters hold are as follows. They all have pledged their lives and services to the Dark Lord. They are willing to die to protect him and his cause and are evil to say the least. They seem to have no problem killing and torturing innocent people. They are all, I believe people who can be very easily influenced. Not too many people would pledge their lives to a cause as one such as the Dark Lord's. Another trait they all have besides being evil and easly influenced is there hatred for muggles and muggle born witches and wizards. For some reason they all seem to detest them and wish them to be wiped from the earth. I am sure it has something to do for the Dark Lord's hatred for his muggleborn Father.

Part 2:

The deatheater I am going to chose here is Severus Snape. Although we do not know now wether or not he is a true sopporter of the Dark Lord we know that he was once a very trusted Death Eater and trusted fully by the Dark Lord.

Severus Snape, from what I can tell by reading the Harry Potter series and wittnessing his worst memories hidden from Harry in the pensieve through the words of J.K. Rowling is that it appears he has a poor childhood. His Father seemed abusive and he was far from popular at Hogwarts. He was teased and taunted by the Marauders and I am sure a few others. In my opinion I think that Bellatrix Black, Rudolphus Lestrange, Avery, Rosier and Wilkes, who attended Hogwarts at the time Severus did took him in as their friends. They were aware of the Dark Lords plans for the wizarding world and most likely influenced Severus into joining them. They probably told him he would be accepted there. That his excellent skills in potions and the other magical arts would prove to be very useful for the Dark Lord. He was angry with the world, I am sure and joined up with them to either be accepted by others or because he was just so angry that he hated life and most of the people in it.

I think that while Severus was a Death Eater he did quite a bit for the Dark Lord. As I mentioned earlier his potions skills are superb and I am sure he used his skills to come up with some new potions to help his cause. We know by reading half blood prince that he invented spells as well. The sectumsempra spell is quite violent and definite dark magic. I am sure he has invented many more spells like this and shared them with his fellow Death Eaters and the Dark Lord. We also learned that he was quite an excellent dueler and I am sure he used these skills while terrorizing people for the Dark Lord.

As we know he also acted as a spy at least once for the Dark Lord. He heard either all or part of the prophecy that Trelawney spoke about that night in the Hog's Head bar. He immediatly went to tell the Dark Lord what he overheard. But we don't know is if he told him everything.

Severus is a very skilled occlumens and ligilimens. I am sure he used these skills to obtain and block information from those opposing the Dark Lord.
Back to top Go down
WeasleyTwinsGirl
1st Year
1st Year
WeasleyTwinsGirl

Female
Regist. date : 2007-01-06
Number of posts : 15
Real First Name : Keelan
Warning :

House : Slytherin
Award Bar :
Deatheaters: Part 1 Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Deatheaters: Part 1 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Deatheaters: Part 1   Deatheaters: Part 1 EmptyWed Jan 10 2007, 17:10

Part 1:

Death Eaters are servants of The Dark Lord. They typically show no mercy to muggle borns, have mastered unforgivable curses such as the Imperious, Killing, and Crusiatus. Death Eaters typically wear long sleeves, as to cover up the mark on their left hand, otherwise know as "The Dark Mark", and mark this up in the sky when a killing has taken place there.

Part 2:

Bellatrix Lestrange. Demented, Pure-Blood, death eater. Bellatrix is a decendent of the Black family, and sister of Narcissa Malfoy, making her Draco's aunt. Bellatrix is the death eater to claim the credit for performing the torture curse on Frank Longbottom and his wife, torturing them to madness. Bellatrix was held in Azkaban Prison, but broke out and returned to Voldemort's side in Harry's fifth year. Bellatrix is a rather violent death eater, and definately shows no mercy to anyone. She claims herself to be Voldemort's best, most trusting and reliant Death Eater.

Sources: Myself, and Harry Potter books 4-6.
Back to top Go down
http://weasleytwingirl.livejournal.com
Kit
1st Year
1st Year
Kit

Female
Regist. date : 2006-12-12
Number of posts : 257
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Deatheaters: Part 1   Deatheaters: Part 1 EmptyWed Jan 10 2007, 19:53

Part 1:
Death eaters have all pledged unwavering loyalty to the Dark Lord, also known as Lord Voldemort or Tom Riddle. They have larned how to use numerous curses and hexes, including, but not limited to, the Unforgivables. Death Eaters are known for torturing and killing muggles and muggleborns, but it is uncertain if that is all they do. Death Eaters also seem to have a high tolerance for pain, as they are willing to return to the Dark Lord time after time. However, this could also be a fear of dying, which would happen if they betray the Dark Lord. Many Death Eaters seem driven by family honor and the ideal of pure bloodedness, but that is not the only part of being a death eater, especially since the Dark Lord himself is a halfblood.

Part 2:
I choose Peter Pettigrew. I believe that Peter, otherwise known as Wormtail, became a Death Eater because he was did not like being shoved aside in everything. For example, in his school days, he was known as the one who scurried after Potter and Black, and even his nickname is a sign of his low status within the Mauraders. It was also probably for a feeling of security. At school, he befriended the most powerful people in their year, Potter, Black, and Lupin. It is almost natural that he should do the same once outside of the school. Since the most powerful force at that time was Lord Voldemort, he allied himself with him. It is also probable that he had family pressures, but this is completely unknown.

As a Death Eater, Wormtail is required to serve Lord Voldemort as a spy and regular servant. He does not seem to have much influence within the group, and he had the dubious honor of sacrificing his hand for the Dark Lord's revival. He seems to be one who is willing to do anything to be in a higher position, for example, bringing back the Dark Lord from exile rather than living his life out as Ronald Weasley's pet Rat. He seems to do anything for the dubious honor of power.
Back to top Go down
Puppet_Master
1st Year
1st Year
Puppet_Master

Female
Regist. date : 2007-01-25
Number of posts : 639
Real First Name : Chelle
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Crest : Deatheaters: Part 1 Ravenc10
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Deatheaters: Part 1   Deatheaters: Part 1 EmptyFri Jan 26 2007, 04:52

Part 1
Everyone knows the main thing Deatheaters have in common is their (questionable) loyalty to the Dark Lord. Why do I say questionable? Well, there are those whose loyalty wavers at times and those who break rules (plain example in HBP when Narcissa was ready to spill all to Snape about the Dark Lords plans for Draco). Regardless of this, Deatheaters appear to be on a one way path of destruction in a bid to cater to the Dark Lords plans of ridding the wizarding world of half-bloods and muggle borns. It seems that they all originated from pure blood families. They are powerful beings and seem fond of using Unforgivable Curses (including The Killing Curse). All carry what is known as the Dark Mark on their left forearms, therefore they are constantly reminded that they have pledged their lives to following the Dark Lord.

Part 2
The Deatheater I wish to focus on is Bartemius Crouch Junior. Barty, as he is known, was always under the impression that he was loyal to the Dark Lord right to his end. However, is his little performance at his trial, what you would call loyalty? Nevertheless Barty was to an extent a trusted member of the Deatheaters and aided his Lord greatly. It is revealed at his trial that he took part in the torture of Frank and Alice Longbottom, eventally leading to them landing up in St. Mungos.

After being sentenced to a life term imprisonment in Azkaban (by his own father, Barty Crouch Sr.) for his crimes and involvement with Deatheaters it was rumoured that Barty Jr. had died while in prison. However, as revealed this is not the case. Barty Jr. and his mother (who was at the time dying) switched places using Polyjuice potion. Crouch Jr. was then treated to imprisonment in his father’s home – he was under the Imperius Curse. After being discovered by Bertha Jorkins, it isn’t long until the Dark Lord finds out about Crouch Jrs. situation. He was rescued once his father was put under the Imperius Curse.

Now free, Barty Jr. returned to his old ways and set about aiding the Dark Lord. First taking on the appearance of Mad-Eye Moody through the use of Polyjuice Potion, locking Mad-Eye in his own trunk and taking up the new Defence Against the Dark Arts post at Hogwarts. Now situated inside Hogwarts, Crouch Jr. had easy access in making sure Harry Potter won the Triwizard Tournament, in turn leading him to the Dark Lord himself. It was Barty Jr. who performed the Imperius Curse on Krum, the Cruciatus Curse on Diggory and killed his own father – Crouch Sr. His eventually paid for his evil Deatheater duties though – ending with a Dementors kiss. It was with this kiss that the last of the pureblood Crouch family ceased to exist.

Why did Barty Jr. take up with the Deatheaters? Well, the Dark Lords main aim is to rid Muggleborns and bring about pureblood families again. This could very well stem from his own issues regarding his own muggle born father. Barty, who came from a pureblood family, may have felt that he owed his life to helping the Dark Lord succeed in his task, in his own bid to keep purebloods dominating the wizarding world. Toward the end of GoF when Barty reveals himself he compares himself to the Dark Lord – how they both had issues with their fathers, how they both killed their fathers. His issues with his father may very well have led to his first joining the ranks of the Deatheaters.

Sourses: Myself + HPGoF + HPHBP
Back to top Go down
Dancingsunset
1st Year
1st Year
Dancingsunset

Female
Regist. date : 2006-08-03
Number of posts : 8545
Location : Stuck in Octoberland with my amazing husband Anthony
Real First Name : Schizo-Dani and Eryn
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff don't judge us we're still badgers grrr...
Crest : Deatheaters: Part 1 Huffle10
Award Bar :
Deatheaters: Part 1 Left_bar_bleue5 / 7005 / 700Deatheaters: Part 1 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Deatheaters: Part 1   Deatheaters: Part 1 EmptySat Jan 27 2007, 17:51

Part 1:

Describe in detail the common traits in which all deatheaters hold. Please be detailed as this part is worth 20 housepoints

As we all know all death eaters share the comon traits of...
-hate
-isolation
and
-a lack of power or a need for power
Other's also share the traits of depression that can and could lead anyone or anything into following a dark leader. These Deatheaters were probably scared into doing his work and just meakly supplied choosing their lifes above others. Another trait commonly shared is the -I'm so much better than you are- trait also know as pride, but their pride is hurt and broken or else they wouldn't have given into the dark side.

Part 2:

Choose one existing deatheater from the HP verse. Document why you believe he/she became a deatheater and their deatheater duties since joining, touching on as much information about them as you can

The deather-eater I choose was and is, Lusious Malfoy.

Mr. Malfoy of malfoy mannor with a loving wife and son, why would he become a deatheater? that question is easy enough to anwser, Malfoy sr. was a pure blood, he was a school about the time Voldmort was as well. As Voldy was a prefect, Malfoy looked up to him, and when he vanished after working in Borgin and Burks Lusious might have gone looking for him, if he wasn't already a deatheater. Malfoy was one of the DEs' waiting for Voldy to get back from his interview with Dumbledore.

Malfoy was also a member of Lord Voldmort's inner circle, he was assigned the mission to gaurd one of his Voldy's souls, (this however he failed). He gave the book to Ginny Wealsey and Harry Potter then Destoried it. Another mission is that he was asked to go after Harry and his friends in the OotP into the MoM once again he failed, he alowed the prophecy to be smashed, and was then thrown in Askiban.

~*~I can redo if nessicary~*~
Back to top Go down
Etta
Deputy Head : Hufflepuff HoH : Divination Professor : 6th Year
Deputy Head : Hufflepuff HoH : Divination Professor : 6th Year
Etta

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-03
Number of posts : 6607
Real First Name : Bee
Warning :

House : HUFFLEPUFF
Crest : Deatheaters: Part 1 Huffle10
Award Bar :
Deatheaters: Part 1 Left_bar_bleue78 / 70078 / 700Deatheaters: Part 1 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Deatheaters: Part 1   Deatheaters: Part 1 EmptyWed Jan 31 2007, 23:56

Part One:

Death Eaters are idealists. They strive for a wizarding world made only of those with the purest of blood and even to take control of the muggle world all together. They despise muggles and mudbloods (non magical people and witches/wizards born to non magical people) and find fun in a good game of muggle bashing, killing and torturing, they have been known to wipe out whole families, including those from a pure blood line. Each Death Eater is burned with Dark Mark which allows Voldielocks to call them to his side when he wants them. The Death Eaters are our society’s version of Terrorists, they have pledge their lives and respect within the wizarding community to carry out Voldielocks bidding. Most have come from homes where their parents and grandparents openly despised the muggles and mudbloods. The Death Nibblers are generally people who grew up together, they joined Voldielocks for one of three reasons, one they were scared, two they looked up to him as a sort of hero or three, they want to share in his power and glory.

Part Two.

For this part I have chosen Bellatrix Lestrange (nee Black). As we already know, Bellatrix is probably one of the bluntest and loud and proud loyalist member of the death Eaters, she never denied her allegiance with Voldielocks, even as she was being sent to Azkaban she vowed his return and her loyalty to him.

Some say Bellatrix Lestrange is unhinged and never thinks before she acts. This appears to be corrects however, I feel that with Bellatrix, after fifteen years in Prison and away from her adored Master; she would slowly grow unstable. We know that Bellatrix comes from a long line of Pure Bloods who agreed (too some extent) with what Voldie was saying. She married her high school sweetheart, a sign that she is capable of love, she served her master so well he even taught her things which she would never have learned at school.

With half of her family in the Death Eaters, her husband and friends also, I believe she took the opportunity to join so that she could share in Voldielocks power and glory, she was up until the small incident at the Ministry in OotP one of Voldie’s most trusted followers.

It is highly likely that Bella knew of the Horcruxes and possibly even where they may have been hidden. Her duties within the Death Eaters appear to be unknown although we have seen her out on certain missions her missing presence from Hogwarts on the night of the attack raised some questions for me, since Draco is her nephew and she trained him Occulmancy I would have expected her to be there to encourage Draco on.

I believe that the chances of Bellatrix not joining the Death Eaters were very thin since at school she associated with people who went on to become known Death Eaters. I believe that Bellatrix’s true reasons for being drawn to Voldielocks was because they wanted the same thing, a world without mudbloods. I believe this because of the Black family "toujours pur" which when translated means always pure, this was drummed into Bellatrix’s head from early childhood and shows just how serious her family were about a person’s blood purity.
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat
2nd Year
2nd Year
drkangelcat

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-01
Number of posts : 4340
Real First Name : Cat
Warning :

House : Slytherin's Official Nut
Crest : Deatheaters: Part 1 Slythe10
Wand : Willow & Veela Hair
Award Bar :
Deatheaters: Part 1 Left_bar_bleue68 / 70068 / 700Deatheaters: Part 1 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Deatheaters: Part 1   Deatheaters: Part 1 EmptyWed Feb 07 2007, 23:02

Part 1:

True Death Eaters are all followers of Voldemort and all share some degree of loyalty to him. They are all evil and cruel and have a drark mark burned into their left forearm.They are all known for threatening, killing, or physically harming their families, mainly their children. They all have a pure hatred of muggles, muggleborns, and of course Harry Potter. The Death Eaters that previously attended Hogwarts, werer more than likely in the Slytherin House.

Part 2:

The Death Eater of my choosing is none other than Lucius Malfoy, father of Draco Malfoy and husband of Narcissa (Black) Malfoy.

There are many reasons I have thought could be the reasing of why he became a deatheater. One could be his father, Abraxas Malfoy, was a deatheater before him,being he probley went to school with Voldemort and was one of the first to join his followers, and then possibly Lucius following the steps of his father and joing also. Another could be he was approached by a deatheater or a deatheater's child and was then introduced into Voldemort's dark followers. Also it could have been Lord Voldemort himself who might have convinded Lucius to join, like maybe they met somewhere in Knockturn Alley.

Lucius was a Death Eater during Voldemort's first reign of terror. After Voldemort disappeared, Lucius claimed to Ministry officials that he had been under the Imperius Curse during Voldemort's first rise to power. Arthur Weasley believes that Malfoy was in Voldemort's "inner circle". Lucius went back to Voldemort when Voldemort rose to power once again. He remained hateful against indefeasibly non-pure-blood witches and wizards into Hogwarts and he used his influence to try to force changes there. He considered Dumbledore to be a very poor headmaster and even succeeded in getting him temporarily removed from that position. After retaking his place as a Death Eater, Lucius participated in the attack on Harry in the graveyard. Lucius lead the Death Eaters in the battle in the Department of Mysteries, but failed to get the prophecy. He was captured and has been sent to Azkaban. After Lucius' arrest, the Malfoy mansion was raided twice by Ministry workers.

sources: The Harry Potter books. Mainly#s 2-5
Back to top Go down
http://drkangelkitty.deviantart.com
Elfie Dumbledore
Elfie Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-21
Number of posts : 15397
Real First Name : Sharon
Warning :
Deatheaters: Part 1 Left_bar_bleue1 / 31 / 3Deatheaters: Part 1 Right_bar_bleue

House : I didn't retire...I surrendered!
Crest : Deatheaters: Part 1 Hogwar10
Award Bar :
Deatheaters: Part 1 Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700Deatheaters: Part 1 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Deatheaters: Part 1   Deatheaters: Part 1 EmptyThu Feb 08 2007, 09:31

Well done to everyone who completed this class. Your housepnts are as follows:

SLYTHERIN

Snapes_girl: 45
Drkangelcat: 45

GRYFFINDOR

KatieBellaTrix: 40
WeasleyTwinsGirl: 20

RAVENCLAW

Kit: 40
Puppet_Master: 50
HUFFLEPUFF

Dancingsunset: 40