Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSGillyweed and Your Imagination. Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Gillyweed and Your Imagination.

Go down 
+5
Brunette
RhiannonMei
stephy
Remus Lupin
Snapes_girl
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Snapes_girl
1st Year
1st Year
Snapes_girl

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 6274
Real First Name : Nancy
Warning :
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin - Where I have always belonged
Crest : Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Slythe10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Left_bar_bleue3 / 7003 / 700Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Right_bar_bleue

Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Empty
PostSubject: Gillyweed and Your Imagination.   Gillyweed and Your Imagination. EmptySun Feb 25 2007, 23:33

Hello there class and welcome to Herbology!  For this class I wanted to try something a bit different then just your regular questions and answers. What I am looking for here is creativity and imagination. I will not take points off for spelling errors though the more detailed and descriptive you are the more points you will earn for your house. So now I will give you your assignment.

You are a student at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. All the Professor love you, even Professor Severus Snape! You have just made the most perfect potion in his class. Your work was superb and was highly better than anyone else's in your year. He has rewarded you with gillyweed from his private ingredient cupboard. What I want you to do is write me a detailed story on what you would use your gillyweed for. What would you do? Where would you go with it? You only have one hour until the effects completly wear off. I want to know what happens from the moment you take it until the effects wear off, so tell me in detail, in no less than 300 words the adventure you would have with it.

Possible points earned is 250
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin
1st Year
1st Year

Male
Regist. date : 2007-02-27
Number of posts : 194
Warning :
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Right_bar_bleue

House : GRYFFINDOR
Award Bar :
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Gillyweed and Your Imagination.   Gillyweed and Your Imagination. EmptyFri Mar 02 2007, 09:56

I can not believe it, i was just awarded the gillyweed. Blimey, there is some many things to do with it, so many things i would love to see underwater but where do i start. Later that night, i go to sleep, dreamin and planing fo the next day.
I woke up with an immediate start. I am so excited, i rush my clothing on, grab the gillyweed and head out to the ocean. I have to decided that best to do is to absorb the nature of the world, and hey it might help me out in magical creatures as well. I am on the beach, trying to find an area which is empty so people dont start thinking I am nut, i finally found a place surrounded by high rocks. I slowly walk to it, but definatly very excited about what i am to do. I look around making sure no one looking, i take it the beautiful sun shining on me and i chew the gillyweed. I walk slowly into the water waiting for the effect to take place but needing to be in the water so being a fish means i need water. i check the clock, it 9:35 in the morning. AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I feel pain,searing thru me, and i put my hand over my neck and feel....gill. i quickly dive in cuz the need for water is outstanding, feeling like i am being choke. Knowing i have an hour to go, i dive deeper and deeper into the water. Seeing the bodies of other human above me, it seems quiet funny being sort of a fish.Know i know what they are thinking. the water feeling so warm and cozy as if i am sleeping in my bed under my fluffy blanket. i swim arounf with my feet and hand moving me around. I see all sort of fishs, little nemo, they are so cute, wonder why they are call clown fish. BLimey! A shark is coming my way, I turn around and see a water bush few feet below, and quickly hide behind looking up at the shark. It a hammerhead shark, blimey, it head does look like a hammer. The shark eating fishs on the way, it seems so real, yet as if i am in a dream watching all these creatures so close. I swim around looking for other cratures. I was able to pet a whale, wow i must say it huge. It soft body felt so cozy like butter, thinking maybe i can bring it as a pet in Hogwart. Yea but then again, Professor dumbledore will not be happy. Maybe they can be use for something, i dont know , i look at my watch and seeing that the time is still 1235. Blimey, i didnt stop time but then i realize i am not reallya fish and the watch broke underwater. Assuming i have a little time left, i look deeper in the water to a darker area. eels swarling around, trying to electrutude me, but i was careful. And the i saw it. Something i only see in pictures. Blimey! it a mermaid. it beautiful looking. It sharp green tail waving at me and the hair of this mermaid flowing ever so lightly in the water. i hear singing. a great beautiful song. i swim closer and i wave at her. she giggled and swam and wave her hand to follow her. What i saw next i can not believe. Hundreds of her-like were all over the place. make shift homes, music are being sung and i feel the warmth of being here. i took her hand and she led me thru the whole complex. and then i realize, it was time to go. i am starting to feel pain again, inmy neck area. i quickly let go and wave bye and hurry up the surface. i swam as hard as i can , my leg acing, my i need to make it. the gills are gone, water gushing in my mouth but i am almost to the surface and then i saw sunlight. i spit out the water i drank almost choking on the salt water, i look around and blimey, i am way far offshore. Panic started to rise and i am lost at what to do.then as if someone heard me a police boat have arrived and said to stay put while they lift me. i allowed them too, i was stilll in dream land. so much has happened an adventure i will not forget.
Back to top Go down
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :

House : ravenclaw
Crest : Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Ravenc10
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Gillyweed and Your Imagination.   Gillyweed and Your Imagination. EmptyFri Mar 02 2007, 20:39

'I knew i was good at making potions but why would Snape give me an award. Its not like him to do something like that. Oh well, i guess i should put this to goog use', Stephy thought as she left class for the day.
It was a studyhall period for Stephy and instead of staying inside she decided to go outside and enjoy the nice weather. Once she made it outside the first thing she saw was the Great Lake. 'I wonder whats down there', she thought to herself. Without thinking about what dangers lurked below the water Stephy stuffed her mouth with the gillyweed that she was awarded and headed to the lake.
Once she was at the lake she swallowed the plant and quickly got into the water. She didnt want to drown in the open air. As soon as she was in the water she noticed that her hands and feet becamed webbed and she also grew gills. 'Cool' she thought 'Now to explore'. After a few min.of swimming around she came to the middle of the lake and saw..... mermaids. She swam around them, them not paying any attention to her as she went by, and saw that they had pet like fish and clams. Stephy swam on some more seeing there unique culture and was amazed by it all.
Then all of the sudden the main mermaid came up to Stephy and said: "What are you doing here human, you should not be here"
Stephy opened her mouth to say:"I just wanted to take a looka round" but only bubbles formed but the mermaid knew what she said.
"Well," he continued"If your using gillyweed then you only have a few min. before it wears of so get out of here and tell no one of this place" he shouted to Stephy pointing to the surface.
Stephy looked at her watch and saw that he was right. She quickly pushed herself up trying to get to the surface while the plants effects started to wear off. Just a few feet from the surface the effects wore off but luckily she was close enough to make it out before she drowned. As she flouted on the surface of the lake she came to the conclusion that she would never do that agian and with that she swam to the edge of the lake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
RhiannonMei
1st Year
1st Year
RhiannonMei

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-02
Number of posts : 4728
Real First Name : June
Warning :

House : Gryffindor
Crest : Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Gryffi10
Award Bar :
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Left_bar_bleue50 / 70050 / 700Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Gillyweed and Your Imagination.   Gillyweed and Your Imagination. EmptySun Mar 04 2007, 04:53

June had always loved the Black Lake. She had always wanted to swim underwater and not have to come up for air. When she had been rewarded the Gillyweed, she had been so surprised. Since when have I been good enough for Professor Snape? she'd wondered. But June wasn't stupid. She wasn't going to waste a perfectly good chance to make her dream come true.
So now June was standing at the edge of the black lake, but her mission was a little different from what it had been in her daydreams. At the last Quidditch game between gryffindor and Slytherin, she had lost control of her broom and it had flown and "drowned" in the Black Lake. Now, June wanted to get it back. She swallowed the Gillyweed and grimaced at its strange texture. June almost threw up as the Gillyweed went down her throat; it felt so slimy and so strange. When she'd swallowed it, the Gillyweed began to work its magic: June started having trouble breathing and the air seemed unpleasently cold. Suddenly realizing was wrong, June jumped into the Black Lake and berated herself for being so stupid not to do that in the first place.

Underwater, June felt gills along the edge of her neck and found that her hands and feet now seemed to be webbed. "Cool,"she said/mouthed. Not wanting to waste time, June swam down and pulled out her wand. Point me, she mouthed and as her wand spun north and down, June took in the sights of life underwater. It was amazing! So many different and beautiful sea creatures... all in one place! June was in complete awe of the place, but then her wand tingled, telling her it was time to go find her broom. As she continued to swim downwards, the water got murkier and murkier. But then she found it! Her beloved Firebolt. Quickly picking it up, June swam towards the surface, because by her watch, she only had 10 more minutes before the Gillyweed ran out. Suddenly, a horde of grindylows started pulling at her broom. Frustrated and angry, June mouthed "My broom, mine!" and cast relashio at those miserable grindylows. THey let go of her broom, but not June's time was REALLY running out. She kicked with all her might towards the surface of the water and got out just as an hour was up. She smiled as she got out of the lake: mission accomplished.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/love_the_moon
Brunette
1st Year
1st Year
Brunette

Female
Regist. date : 2006-09-24
Number of posts : 1795
Real First Name : Holly
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Award Bar :
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Gillyweed and Your Imagination.   Gillyweed and Your Imagination. EmptyWed Mar 07 2007, 13:36

Holly smiled brilliantly as she walked down the hall. Her prized gillyweed in a jar in her hand. She had made the best potion in class! Surprisingly enough. Even Professor Snaped seemed pleases to give it to her and she was a Ravenclaw! He had told her it would only allow her an hour and she wondered how she would use it. At the moment she had a free period which allowed her to do what she wanted!

Ignoring the laughetr and chattering behind her, she bolted for the Ravenclaw House. She couldn't wait to tell her friends. She stopped short - they all had class this afternoon. Holly sighed, hoisting her bag further onto her shoulder. She glanced at the gillyweed.

Might as well try it out. she thought.

Luckily it wasn't too cold outside, so she was able to go for a dive today. There were a few students walking around the grounds. None of them were by the lake however. Holly was glad, she wanted a bit of time to herself to explore. She ran to the famous Hogwarts lake and set down her things on the grass.

One hour she thought. I have to remember that

Unscrewing the cap of the jar, Holly pulled out the gillyweed. She made a face as if wondering how weird it was going to taste. She ate it and cringed. It wasn't the best tasting weed in the world. She wondered how Harry Potter was able to eat this for the Triwizard Tournament. Once she swallowed it, Holly felt herself unable to breathe. She gasped for breath. It felt like she was a fish out of water! It hit her just then! She was sort of like a fish! She had slits on the sides of her neck! Wanting to hit herself upside her head, she dove into the water.

The water seeped into her gills and she was able regain control of her breathing. She sighed it was nice to breathe. Then she jolted. She was underwater - BREATHING! Holly let out a scream of surprise which only came out in bubbles. Doing a backwards flip, she laughed. She felt like Ariel form the Little Mermaid. Only she needed the tail.

She giggled again, feeling like a little school girl and swam donwards. The lake was alot deeper than it looked. As she swam, she saw the millions of fish, muttering and swimming. Was she able to under stand fish now that she ate the gilly weed? Holly pondered on this, when she was suddenly collided in the back by a blue colored fish. THe fish reminded her of Dory from finding nemo and she wondered if it was trying to speak to her because it was flapping its lips at her a million miles per minute! It had sort of like a worried expression on it's face.

Holly cocked her head to the side as the fish did circles in front of her. Was it toying with her? She glanced behind her and then did a double take. Grindylow! She screamed, remembering wat they could do to her if she didn't get away fast. They swam after her, screeching and grabbing at her feet. One took hold of her shoe and Holly screamed, wiggling her foot out of it. They could keep her shoe, if they wanted to! Then another took hold of her robe. She got tangled in it.

Her wand! Where was her wand?! She found it, sticking out of a pocket and shouted, "REDUCTO!" The Grindylow took cover as Holly did this and unwrapped herself from the mess of black robes. Whilst they were distracted, she swam to the surface just as the one hour was up. Shaking from the encounter, she gathered her stuff and ran all the way to Ravenclaw Tower. People staring as she zoomed by.

"Miss Tyler!" Professor McGongall barked. "What is the meaning of this?!"

"Well, I ate the Gillyweed and-"

"I heard, did you have a nice time in the lake, then?" McGonngall smiled at her.

Holly sighed. "More than you can imagine." she said and then hurried off.
Back to top Go down
The5Potters
1st Year
1st Year
The5Potters

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-11
Number of posts : 2978
Real First Name : becca or if your name is Jenn, then Becky....
Warning :

House : GRYFFINDOR becca is the gryffie with slytherin influnces xD
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Gillyweed and Your Imagination.   Gillyweed and Your Imagination. EmptyFri Mar 09 2007, 22:41

I was stunned. Never had I believed Professor Snape would reward me, even if I was a good student. I was shocked as well because I was a Gryffindor…

I went back to my common room and pondered over what I could do with my gillyweed. So many choices…..

The Lake!

I rushed back out of my common room and headed down to the lake. It was cold and the wind hit my face like little hammers.

I took a look at the gillyweed and then stuffed it into my mouth. It tasted horrible. I wanted to puke, but I knew that I would not get to have fun with the plant thing.

I chewed it down and started to go deeper into the lake. I felt my feet turning into fins and my hands turning webbed. I felt gills appearing on my neck and suddenly, I could breathe under the deep, dark water.

I started to swim deeper into the Black Lake. I wanted to study some of the more bottom life of this cool lake.

Never, had I appreciated the lake as much as I did then. As I looked around, I saw the beauty inside. From the outside, standing by a tree, it was a dark, scary, weird place that most of us were not glad to have to go into. From the inside however, it was colorful, and exciting place that you would be eager to explore.

I looked around at the grydilow and saw some mermaids, but I hid from them, because I was not exactly sure what they would do to me. I made some mental notes on both the specie’s behavior and tried to force into my brain the fact that I need to write it down when I got the chance.

I tried to understand the mermish conversation I was eavesdropping on. I failed horribly. I ended up thinking that they were talking about muggle pizza. Later, however, I had someone else translate it, and learned they were recalling the events from Harry Potter’s fourth year at Hogwarts. Wow, I was stupid.

I knew that I needed to get back to the top of the lake when I started having a little more trouble swimming in the deep part of the Lake. I swam, working very hard, to get to the surface.

My face broke the surface just as the gills disappeared and I needed to use my lungs again.

I dragged my wet heavy body out of the water and up toward the castle.

I went to my common room and then wrote down the information I had found out.

Then, I sought out Professor Snape.

“Thanks, Professor! I learned a lot!”

“What do you mean?” he asked me.

“The gillyweed you gave me!” I said rushed.

“Miss, Rebecca….That was for your next assignment,” Professor Snape stated.

My mouth fell wide open.
Back to top Go down
Conor Fenwick
1st Year
1st Year
Conor Fenwick

Male
Regist. date : 2007-03-17
Number of posts : 8
Real First Name : Conor
Warning :

House : Gryffindor
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Gillyweed and Your Imagination.   Gillyweed and Your Imagination. EmptySat Mar 17 2007, 16:50

Conor Was Exstactic! The Look On Malfoys Face When He Had Been Awarded Gillyweed! Unfortunatly Conor Was ONLY Good At Potions And Thought Snape Was Being Stupid So He Sold It On Ebay For 5 Galleons!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thenevillelongbottomexperience
Raistlin The Wizard
Headmaster : Slytherin Head of House: Astronomy Professor : 1st Year : Master of All
Headmaster : Slytherin Head of House: Astronomy Professor : 1st Year : Master of All
Raistlin The Wizard

Male
Regist. date : 2006-07-26
Number of posts : 11497
Real First Name : Lost in the mists of time...
Warning :
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Left_bar_bleue3 / 33 / 3Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin!
Award Bar :
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Left_bar_bleue700 / 700700 / 700Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Gillyweed and Your Imagination.   Gillyweed and Your Imagination. EmptyWed Feb 03 2010, 16:41

I'll trust this class was marked at the time and the professor just
forgot to post the points. If anyone feels wronged, ask the new
professor to be marked.
Back to top Go down
violetriddle
5th Year
5th Year
violetriddle

Female
Regist. date : 2008-02-14
Number of posts : 35370
Real First Name : Lesley
Warning :

House : The Wonderful House of Salazar Slytherin
Wand : Walnut & Dragon Heartstring
Award Bar :
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Left_bar_bleue203 / 700203 / 700Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Gillyweed and Your Imagination.   Gillyweed and Your Imagination. EmptyTue Mar 25 2014, 09:29

“I can’t believe she won the gillyweed,” Violet heard as she walked down the hallway to pick up said gillyweed. She didn’t get why it was that unexpected- she had practiced the potion for countless hours before the big day was up. Of course, no one else liked to think that Violet, who was known for exploding cauldrons and missing eyebrows after a bad incident, could actually make a decent potion; and not even decent, but the best since she was being rewarded for it. The only joy she got from the tedious task was watching Granger glare at her. Of course, stephy patted her on the back. Even though she was a Ravenclaw, Stephy was still one of her good friends.

“You deserve it, remember that,” Stephy mumbled to her as she left the Great Hall ten minutes ago. She knew Stephy may be a bit upset, since she wanted to win the gillyweed herself to investigate if there really was a giant squid under the Black Lake; Violet, on the other hand, wanted to see the mermaids. She had heard tails that they were beautiful and flawless. She had never seen one up close, but then again, neither had most students at Hogwarts either.

Violet soon found herself outside Snape’s door, a sinking feeling in her stomach. Well, Snape was rewarding her- she shouldn’t feel so sick to her stomach. “It’s okay,” she said softly as she knocked on the door. Before her hand even made it back to her side, the door was opened and the gillyweed was shoved into her hand. “Congratulations on your potion, now go,” Snape said to her. There was not a hint of emotion and Violet nodded, placing the gillyweed in her pocket. She still had two hours before sunset and she was desperate to use her gillyweed as quickly as possible. “How long does it last?” she asked him. “An hour,” was all she caught as the door slammed shut.

A smile broke out on her face. This was it, her only chance. If she was going to see mermaids, she would have to do it quickly. She ran towards the Black Lake, passing by some of her friends and even the headmaster, Rai. She knew she would pay for almost making him fall over, but right now, all she wanted was the freedom to see the mermaids. Soon, she found herself outside the Black Lake and panting heavily.

It was at that moment that she realized…she didn’t know what to do with the gillyweed. Tears started to sting her eyes as she realized she may not get to see the mermaids either. Of course, she couldn’t let the Gryffindors see her, so she blinked back the tears and pulled the gillyweed from her pocket. “What do I do with you?” she mumbled, turning the gillyweed over in her hands. She vaguely remembered students whispering about what they would do if they got the gillyweed, but she couldn’t remember what was said to do with it. She brought her hand up to her nose and took a sniff, grimacing at the smell. “That’s horrid,” she said, moving it away from her smell senses.

The sun was sinking and she knew what she had to do. She would have to eat it. That was the only way she could figure it out. The worse that could happen was she would die and then end up with the mermaids. She closed her eyes and started chewing on the gillyweed, her need to vomit being repressed. She forced herself to swallow the gillyweed and felt herself falling forward. ‘Oh no, this is how I end…..’ she thought to herself. She felt her body fighting for oxygen as well as pain in her throat. She couldn’t breathe, yet, she couldn’t move either. And just like that, it was over. She inhaled deeply, water flooding her mouth- but she wasn’t drowning. Instead, she was breathing. It was then she realized she had gills. Gills like a fish, like…like… “a mermaid,” she attempted to say, but only bubbles came out.

The once murky water was crystal clear and she could see everything around her. She could see wands, robes, shoes, underwear, even toys. A smile broke out on her face as she started moving and she realized quickly that her robe was going to hold her back. She removed her robe, along with her shoes and socks. ‘Here goes nothing,’ she thought as she started swimming. She wasn’t a good swimmer, but under gillyweed, she found herself going speeds she had never been before.

She felt free, weightless, and ecstatic. She had never felt so alive as she did with gillyweed allowing her to breathe and see underwater. She now understood why muggles wanted to understand the oceans. The sight was amazing. A turtle passed her and she swam until a school of fish. She knew her time was ticking, but she would never get to do this again. She would never get to see all the amazing beauties the lake had to offer her. The seaweed dancing around her body, hugging her while the jellyfish swam by. With deep sadness, she found herself swimming away, knowing an hour would pass as soon as it started.

Soon, she found herself angry. She didn’t know how long she had been swimming, but her watch was no longer working and she was nowhere near mermaids. She had found a wrecked ship, but no mermaids. She found the giant squid, but no mermaids. She found everything, but no mermaids. Her patience was disappearing and her eyes stung with tears that soon melted into the lake. Her whole journey seemed like a waste until she heard it; a soft singing voice. So soft, she almost missed it.

She found herself turning to find it, but underwater, everything sounded the same. She started swimming towards her left, hoping she was going in the right direction. She passed more seaweed, turtles, jellyfish, everything and anything, until she was at water appeared to be a hill; but she singing was louder, clearer, more beautiful than she could have imagined. It was close to the sound of a siren, and maybe this is where the legend of sirens came from, because she could feel tears stingy her eyes once more. She wanted to be close to them, to see them, to be them. Her dream was coming true and she pushed herself from the hill and down into the valley with the mermaids.
It was long, though, before she was caught. The singing stopped and spears were pointed at her. ‘What do you want!’ she heard in her head. Her eyes were wide. She didn’t read anything about this. These mermaids were not like they were in the book. Where there should have been a body, there was yellow-green flesh. There was no hair, but webbed hair. The pictures around the castle and in the books were false. These mermaids were different, dangerous, deceiving. Her love for mermaids was disappearing fast and she was regretting coming out here. “I’m sorry!” she shouted, but it came out as a stream of bubbles. They were laughing at her as she was pulled towards buildings. They were going to kill her just because she decided to come out and enjoy their presence.  How could she have been so gullible? Stephy had been right, as always, about them. They were not amazing, but dangerous and horrible.

The more she struggled, the more they pulled at her, pulling her down into the depths below. She didn’t want to die, her hour was almost up. She could feel her gills starting to fade and her vision was being clouded by the murky waters. Water was becoming distasteful and her lungs were aching, but she heard it; the screeching from above. Eight lines blurred in her vision, but she had a feeling of what it was. All the mermaids screamed as a line came down and wrapped around her torso. Stephy had been right about one thing- the giant squid was a darling creature. As the gillyweed disappeared, she stopped being scared. The squid was going to help. He was pushing her towards the surface. As her lungs felt like a fire was brewing, she took a deep breath and oxygen flooded her lungs. She was soaking wet, but she didn’t care. She seen the mermaids and she never wanted to again.

words: 1410
Back to top Go down
Raistlin The Wizard
Raistlin The Wizard

Male
Regist. date : 2006-07-26
Number of posts : 11497
Real First Name : Lost in the mists of time...
Warning :
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Left_bar_bleue3 / 33 / 3Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin!
Award Bar :
Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Left_bar_bleue700 / 700700 / 700Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Gillyweed and Your Imagination.   Gillyweed and Your Imagination. EmptySat Mar 29 2014, 15:48

That was excellent! I love how the Giant Squid was the saviour. We will talk later about almost making fall though.

violetriddle - 250 HP Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Smilie11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gillyweed and Your Imagination.   Gillyweed and Your Imagination. Empty

Back to top Go down

Gillyweed and Your Imagination.
Page 1 of 1