Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSA Day in the Life of a Muggle Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

A Day in the Life of a Muggle

Go down 
+12
Elfie Dumbledore
magicguy93
Rigby Dumbledore
dragonweaver
peder
streams of silver
Wendelin Creevey
Ellemanae
polly
drkangelcat
stephy
RhiannonMei
16 posters
AuthorMessage
RhiannonMei
1st Year
1st Year
RhiannonMei

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-02
Number of posts : 4728
Real First Name : June
Warning :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

House : Gryffindor
Crest : A Day in the Life of a Muggle Gryffi10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue50 / 70050 / 700A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

A Day in the Life of a Muggle Empty
PostSubject: A Day in the Life of a Muggle   A Day in the Life of a Muggle EmptySat Mar 31 2007, 16:25

For this assignment, imagine as if you are a student at Hogwarts who takes Muggle Studies. Write a story about a Muggle's day from the point of view of that student. Be creative in your writing and use your imagination. for example, in your writing, you could write as if you (the Hogwarts student) are spying on the Muggle you are writing about. Anything can happen as long as your story does not go off topic! This is a min. 300, max.500 word assignment.

Total Points: 100 points
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/love_the_moon
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

House : ravenclaw
Crest : A Day in the Life of a Muggle Ravenc10
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of a Muggle   A Day in the Life of a Muggle EmptyFri Apr 13 2007, 22:17

Stephy couldn't wait, she was going to go to her cousin's house who was a muggle. The main reason she was going to go see her was so that she could see how a muggle lived.

First she had to take a bus (which looked similar to the knight bus) to her cousin's house which was way slower than the knight bus. How can muggles stand to travel this slow Stephy thought to herself as the bus finally made it to her stop.

Stephy walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. As she was wondering how it would work without magic her cousin had opened the door.

"You must be Stephy. Well mine name is Cassy" she introduced herself.

"Hey" Stephy said as she rubbed the back of her neck. "Ummm...... I was wondering if you could show me around. I've never been her before" Stephy lied.

"Ok, well i have to go and get the car so come and follow me to the garage" Cassy said as she exited the house and went to her garage where there was a car sitting there. After her and Stephy was seated in the car they left and headed for the store.

Once they were there they got out of the car and entered the store. There was food and other items everywhere. Cassy got a metal basket with wheels and started to put some of the items into it (she didn't get any food) that she had wanted they went to the cashier to pay for the stuff. Cassy had pulled out green paper out of her purse and paid with that.

After they had gotten the items into her car they headed over to the mechinic which Cassy had then told her that they would have to take the subway. As they walked over to thier Stephy saw any other interesting thing. For one thing she saw a metal rod sticking out of the ground that poeple had put silver round things into. Once they make it to the subway Cassy had paid for tickets using the same green paper and then they boarded the train.

The subway was a bit faster but it was still slow. Stephy was about to scream because she already wanted to be home. If she could have used magic she would have been there minutes ago but they did finally make to thier stop and had to walk a mile back to her house.

Once there Stephy had asked her "Is that all you do everyday"

"Just about" Cassy responded.

"Well, i should be going.See you later" Stephy said and waved as she thought about how she never wanted to spend another day with a muggle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
drkangelcat
2nd Year
2nd Year
drkangelcat

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-01
Number of posts : 4340
Real First Name : Cat
Warning :

House : Slytherin's Official Nut
Crest : A Day in the Life of a Muggle Slythe10
Wand : Willow & Veela Hair
Award Bar :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue68 / 70068 / 700A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of a Muggle   A Day in the Life of a Muggle EmptyTue May 29 2007, 06:26

“Hurry up!” Called Ebony.

'That girl has no patience,' thought Cat. “Hold your horses Ebb, I am going as fast I can.”

Cat walked up the hill, breathing hard, and over to Ebony. It was winter break and she and Ebony had taken a trip to the United States with their parents. Currently they were working on a muggle studies assignment A Day In The Life Of A Muggle

“Took you long enough,” Ebony said when Cat got to her.

“Shove it Ebb,” Cat spoke.

“Moody today?” Ebony joked.

Cat glared at her and Ebony chuckled.

“I just want to finish this assignment and go enjoy the rest of this vacation,” Cat spoke exhausted.

“Well let's just spy on these people and then we can get,” Ebony said.

The laid down at the top of the hill, did a spell so they can hear farther distances, and then began watching the people in the trailer down the hill and across the street through binoculars.

“Angelique Elizabeth Mae Elkins,” An elderly woman yelled on the trailer porch, “Get off your butt and get to work.”

The girl sitting on a chair on the porch rolled her. “I have already cleaned up most of the house. Why can’t you just make my dad clean a bit?”

“It’s not a man’s job to clean,” shouted the old woman. “A man goes to work to support the family and the woman stays home and cooks and cleans.”

“Maybe when you were a kid Grandma,” the girl shouted back. “This is the twenty-first centaury, women and men are equal.”

The elderly woman stomped off into the trailer. She girl sighed and sat there with a look of deep thought.

“Cat,” someone spoke slightly next to Cat.

Cat looked over and faced Ebony. “What?”

“Reminds me of me and my grandma,” she spoke “She too is stuck in the old ways.”

“So you finally admit muggles are a bit like us?” Cat asked with a slight smile.

Ebony chuckled and sat up a bit, “Against my better wishes, just don’t tell me housemates.”

“I won’t tell,” Cat replied with a grin. “At least I got you convinced. Oh I how I love muggle studies now.”

“Oh shut up,” Ebony spoke, slightly pushing Cat jokingly.

“So what we gonna write in our essay Ebb,” Cat asked.

“Well that what takes us seconds to do it takes them hours,” Ebb replied. “I mean look at that woman inside that house near the trailer. She is sitting and drying her hair with that…. whatever it is, and it’s taking her forever. All I have to do is a simple drying spell.”

“Such a Slytherin response,” Cat joked. “So complainy.”

“Your just jealous of my awesomeness,” Ebony joked back. “So what you gonna right Miss Know-it-all.”

“Just how they are like us just without magic,” Cat answered. “Well we got what we need so let’s go.”

They got up and headed back to their family summerhouse.
Back to top Go down
http://drkangelkitty.deviantart.com
polly
3rd Year
3rd Year
polly

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-12
Number of posts : 10718
Real First Name : Polly
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw!
Wand : Hawthorn and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue11 / 70011 / 700A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of a Muggle   A Day in the Life of a Muggle EmptySun Jun 10 2007, 11:46

A day in the life of a Muggle.

Polly walked into her Muggle Studies class, the last one of the year, she was hoping that they wouldn’t have to do much work.
“Hello class now today is not an easy lesson as many of you hope I am setting you a project now I want you to study a muggle over the holidays and report what they do now for this lesson I would like you to copy the notes of the board and then take your own notes of what you are going to study. If you do not have a Muggle relative you could study then please come and see me.” And with that the professor sat down and began marking other homework. Raking my brains I tried to think of a muggle relative well my dad was a muggle as I am half-blood but my mum does all the work around the house. It took me the whole lesson to think of asking weather I could stay with grandma over night which was the last resort as she was very strict.
So when I told my mum about the project and I was sent of to my grandmas for the weekend it was only my love of the subject, muggle studies that would get me through this weekend.
“Hello grandma” I said walking in and sitting down in her living room.
“Hello Polly now I don’t know weather your mum told you but I’m having trouble with my leg and I’m going to need help with the cleaning.”
Grumbling to myself I got to sorting out my grandmas books hovering the house and dusting things down. Many a time I had to stop and consult my muggle studies book to know what I was using and how to use it. That night my grandma made me cook the food for the both of us and it was then that I really began to worry id had to spend the whole day cleaning my grandmas house and I would have to spend another day doing the same thing. She was never going to finish her muggle studies essay if she couldn’t observe her grandma act like a real muggle. And that’s when it came to me I had spent a day cleaning like a muggle something a witch could have done in ages and that was what I could write how I had to clean. How it took me so much longer. How I had to use different tools. And with that I began to enjoy doing the cleaning the next day taking a note book with me and writing down all the different objects I had to use and all the different potions.
Back to top Go down
Ellemanae
1st Year
1st Year
Ellemanae

Female
Regist. date : 2007-06-04
Number of posts : 996
Real First Name : Chelle
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff
Crest : A Day in the Life of a Muggle Huffle10
Award Bar :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue46 / 70046 / 700A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of a Muggle   A Day in the Life of a Muggle EmptyTue Jun 12 2007, 04:03

A report by Ellamanae

7.00am

Whilst peering through the window of a young 15 year old muggle, I am amazed at the slowness of her getting ready, as well as the state of her bedroom. I have to stop myself from pointing my wand and tidying up the mess, yet it is very interesting to look around as some of the muggle electronics are beyond my recognition. There are also many photos around her room, but each are stationary. Personally I do not see the point of this. I want to point my wand at them to wake them up, but I have to move as the girl has gone down to breakfast.

Breakfast is another tedious task. Why she waits 15 minutes to cook her egg and bacon is beyond me. With a wand, it takes little more than 3 minutes. I’ll never understand how muggles manage to get everything done in a day!

8.30am

I watch the muggle carefully as she waits for the bus to take her to a muggle school. The waiting is boring me, but I try to fit in as I follow her onto the bus. We sit in traffic for ages! More waiting!

9.10am

Classes have started. I sit under my invisibility cloak at the back of a muggle class – science I believe it is called, yet it is nothing on the potion classes we have at Hogwarts. I resist temptation to make a small vile of liquid explode as the teacher drones on about nothing I can understand.

12.00pm

Lunch. Nothing special here. I manage to sneak some chips from the muggles plate, and quickly heat them up and make them dance before eating them. Lunch is pretty boring really.

1.30pm

Physical Education class is meaningless. The muggle simply plays some sort of game with a net, a bat and a ball. No brooms involved. I sit rather bored at the sidelines.

3.30pm

I follow the muggle as she goes to the mall with friends. This is possibly the highlight of the day as there are so many muggle artifacts which catch my eye. I nearly lose sight of my muggle as I become mesmerized by the window shopping.

I leave the muggle as she returns home as I have to get the report in before end of Hogwarts. I grab my broomstick which was conveniently hidden in her overgrown garden and throw my invisibility cloak over my head and make my way back to Hogwarts. As the wind flows beneath my hair, I shake my head. I will never understand how muggles can find life exciting. I certainly wont be swapping my wand for a bus travel ticket.
Back to top Go down
Wendelin Creevey
1st Year
1st Year
Wendelin Creevey

Female
Regist. date : 2007-06-27
Number of posts : 56
Real First Name : Wendelin (Wendy)
Warning :

House : RavenClaw
Award Bar :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of a Muggle   A Day in the Life of a Muggle EmptyTue Jul 03 2007, 10:30

A Muggles life

After the teacher handed out the the assignment I began to wonder how was I going to tell my parent about this for they never trusted muggles we even lived as farway from them . When it was time to go home for the holidays I kept thinking on how I was going to tell my parents.When I arrived home my parents started asking questions about school then it came rushing back to me MUGGLES! I thought to my self or did I. When I looked up I saw my parents staring at me I knew then I said it outloud I had no choice but to tell them father refused to listen an left the room. Before the sun came the next morning my mom came in and hurried me out of bed with a flip of her wrist I was dressed and out side befor I was fully awake. She hurried me down to a car that was waiting whenwe hopped in I was still in shock then mother then turned to me and introduced me to her friend Melanie a muggle. My mouth dropped as I looked at them my mom then told me that her and Melanie had been friends long before she met my dad and that he was the one against muggles. After hours of driving and the sun was finally coming up. Melanie looked back at me I was laying down in the seat she told me we had arrived, as I leaned up and looked out the windows all I could see were muggles every where. We stop in front of this tall glass Structure when we started to enter I have to go through this door that goes around inside we walk to another door that was metal and Mel pushes a button and we stand and wait when the door opened whe steped into a little box full of other muggles then the door closed and started moving. Looking up glowing numbers stared to appear when it hit 6 the door opened Mel took us to her little box called a (cubicle) she sat and typed a computer how fasinating it pulled up anything you wanted to know a library in a little box but I don't know if I would want to sit in a box for 8 hours. Later she took us to her house and cooked food, washed dishes by hand and cleaned without magic I don't think I would want to do it. It started getting late I wanted to see more I didn't want to go but mom promised we could visit again. When we got home mom told day it was our day and that was that. That night all I could think about was muggles compared to us and we were so much alike but yet so different I can't stop thinking about when my next vist will be and all the other things I will see.
Back to top Go down
streams of silver
5th Year
5th Year
streams of silver

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 6449
Real First Name : What is real?
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff, of course. I thought it was obvious...
Award Bar :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue15 / 70015 / 700A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of a Muggle   A Day in the Life of a Muggle EmptyFri Jul 06 2007, 00:47

I usually avoided talking to the Muggle neighbors, considering it a waste of my time. Sure, they seemed to be nice enough, but what on earth could we actually have in common?

They kept inviting me over, however, and finally I decided that I couldn't stand being that rude, and accepted their invitation to a dinner party. I offered to help them set up, and after some dilly-dallying, they happily gave in.

Much of their house is visible through my windows, and I have often raised my eyebrows wonderingly when I see them flick a switch to turn the lights on or press a button on the stove to start a fire. For all that we pity and scorn them, Muggles have found many alternatives to magic. I guess it is in the best interests of both, wizards and Muggles, to keep magic a secret. It keeps those darling Muggle brains whirring.

Anyway, I knocked at their door at half past eleven (in the MORNING, ladies and gents) and saw that they were just starting to set up. They didn't have enough chairs in the house and they were dragging extra chairs from the garage into the dining room and setting them up. Potbelly wiggling slightly, the patron of the house picked up three chairs at once. I thought of how easy it would be to simply levitate the chairs into place, but those Muggles had not a notion.

Next they set up plates and cutlery. Everything had to be individually picked up and put it in its proper place. I told them I had no idea how to cook, because the truth is I probably would have put their kitchen on fire. So many shiny knobs and dials and timers, how do those Muggles REMEMBER it all?

Dinner was excellent, and I was amazed at how intelligent the Muggles seemed to be on so many subjects. I pretended to be interested when the guys eagerly discussed football, but when they began pressing me for details I became quite confused and ended up faking a cough attack and leaving the table in search of a bathroom.

The bathroom was fascinating! It was full of all that odd Muggle equipment, like nail clippers, razors and something called sunscreen. I nearly took an eye out with a pair of tweezers but had to stop my exploring when someone banged on the door.

All in all, it was quite an interesting experience. I stayed after to help clean up and was horrified at how long it took those poor Muggles. I abhor cleaning even by magic, so to watch them sweep and mop and stuff endless garbage bags by HAND was absolute torture. However, I survived and even helped out a bit, grimacing while I was scraping the plates.

They thought I was darling and they've invited me to a garden party next month. Those Muggles are so sweet and trusting, bless them all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegiftbp.com
peder
1st Year
1st Year

Male
Regist. date : 2007-06-26
Number of posts : 5
Real First Name : peter
Warning :

Award Bar :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of a Muggle   A Day in the Life of a Muggle EmptySun Jul 08 2007, 09:54

Muggle Report

At 07.00am The muggle woke up and as a non muggle would, got changed and ate. It was quite normal for me at start until i saw some strange foods and equipment like a battery powered clock!

When the muggle was at school his first lesson was pe for us non muggles, flying lesson. The game they were playin was called cricket, i finally understood the game after 20minutes of watching, i found the batter incredible, as you would expect me being an incredible beater at quiditch.

At the end of school the boy muggle went home. (I decided to study a boy muggle because they seem to be crazy) I thought to follow him home i should take something that they called a taxi. It was aweful to drive in that car. i felt very sorry for my muggle having to do this everyday. They could get stuck in traffic with other cars not just fly over others.

06.00pm The muggle went into that car...again. Then drove to a food restaurant called ''McDonalds''. The food actualy looked great i was dying to die some but did noit want to be surrounded by muggles, i don't no why i just feel nervous around strange creatures like them. After waiting in a large line of muggles the boy ordered a meal called a ''Big Mac''. At start i was scared to find out what would look like and asked myself 'whats a ''Mac'', it could have been a giant peanut for.'

Over all i did find this homework a interesting task for me to do i think i understand muggles alot more so thank you for setting me suck a great homework. I hope after reading this you to have learnt a little bit about muggles, just like me.
Back to top Go down
dragonweaver
2nd Year
2nd Year
dragonweaver

Female
Regist. date : 2007-06-22
Number of posts : 2895
Real First Name : Ingrid
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff
Wand : Ash and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue7 / 7007 / 700A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Muggles everyday life   A Day in the Life of a Muggle EmptyTue Jul 10 2007, 17:38

<b> 9 am </b>

well here i am writing in my journal and trying to take notes on 'muggle's everyday life' for muggle studies
so far i only see two kids pulling these boxes with wheels and heading towards the school down the road, i should make note of that

<i> kids carry boxes on wheels to school </i>

<b> 10 :30</b>

nothing really happened except a person in this dar ...or was it car drove by and looked at me funny...what's wrong with sitting on the stairs with my quill and parchment and taking notes?

and that person in the car had really really loud music.
i wonder how they fit a band it there...maybe they have magical relatives and shrunk someone..but that's kind of mean.

shall make note

<i> drives in box on wheels called car, plays loud music..? </i>

<b> 11: 00 </b>

i was completly bored out of my mind so i walked around the muggle neighborhood
through this window i saw this greenish tiny bird in a cage hung by the window, it looked really pretty but i don't think it's large enough to deliver letters though..

<i> their bird is small </i>

<b> 11:40 </b>

i went to ask the house owner what kind of things does the green bird deliver and they didn't say anything except rudely saying "we're not buying anything"

what does that mean?

<b> 12: 00 </b>

going to eat lunch at a local place called "McDonald"
seemed very artistic esp. the large M.. i think its powered by elktik or something

<i> restaurants have fancy decorations </i>

<b> 12:30 </b>

currently in line still...waited for half and hour already...
people are giving me weird glances..dunno why

<i> muggle lines are too slow</i>

<b> 1:00 </b>

after waitng for sooo long i finally got this kind of sandwhich called a burger..
it tastes pretty good but i dunno why it came with a toy and the name is called "Happy Meal" does it have a potion that make the eater happy?

<b> 2:00 </b>

at a muggle park sitting on a tree there are kids with this thing called a bicke? or bike racing..its not as organized as Quidditch though...not really fun and it can't fly up

but on the field they are some kids kicking a white ball i overheard its called soccer, it looks like quidditch although it looks more dangerous and tiring

<i> bikes and soccer are sports/entertainment </i>

<b> 7:00 </b>

i took a nap and overslept only woke up after i fell down the tree
at least i have some notes to write the essay ...

THE END
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~veliakaida
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2007-01-30
Number of posts : 4801
Real First Name : Kate or Katie
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Award Bar :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue102 / 700102 / 700A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of a Muggle   A Day in the Life of a Muggle EmptyThu Aug 09 2007, 15:30

Case Study of a Muggle

When first given that task of observing a day in the life of a muggle I was apprehensive. First, where would I find one? And secondly, how would I find a way to watch the choosen muggle all day? Both objectives were surprisingly easy to do. Muggles make no attempt to hide, nor does it take any effort to spy on them. A witch or wizard only has to go up to a Muggle place of employment and claim to be an "intern", and suddenly you are given access to the Muggles as if the word were enchanted.

I found my Muggle, Chris Martin, at a recording studio. A recording studio is where Muggle singers and bands go to put their songs on flat shiny discs. It takes many people to work a large "mixing" board, which is covered in buttons and levers, to find the "right sound". Chris Martin is the lead singer for the Muggle band Coldplay. He also plays piano and guitar, but mostly his job is to sing, which does not make him or his band that different from the Weird Sisters.

During the day I learned that Muggles drink a lot of coffee and that "interns" are expected to fetch it. Muggle Chris Martin drank lots of water and tea, which he claimed is better for his throat. Again it was my job to fetch his drinks. Interns are also referred to as "glorified messenger boys" but I have yet to discover the reason for this.

Sadly most of my morning was spent trying to figure out how to use a strange muggle device that makes the vast quantites Muggles must drink to stay awake. After setting a small fire, I was relieved of my beverage duty and the job was given to another intern, of which the recording studio seemed to have an endless supply.

Muggle Chris Martin spent most of his day singing the same song over and over again. I must admit that even without any magical talent his voice does seem to cast a spell over the listeners. The men and women around the mixing board collected his voice on a machine, and used the board to blend Muggle Chris Martins voice with the instruments played by the rest of his band. I was frustrated for the Muggles, because magic would have made this job so much easier. A drop of Felix Felicis given to Muggle Chris Martin would have allowed them to perform perfectly the first time.

My pity for the Muggles lasted until the end of the day. The Mixing Board Muggles had collected Muggle Chris Martin's sound perfectly and the Muggles celebrated loudly. They were so pleased with themselves! I never realized that Muggles could be happy with their day to day struggles but these Muggles seemed very happy. I think it's good that we keep Muggles in the dark about the wizarding world, because I think they would be very sad not to be able to do magic. Some famous Muggle said "Ignorance is bliss." and I agree.

Some of the Muggles referred to the term magic, but they mean it in a much different way! It seems they mistake luck for magic all the time, and talent for magic as well. I freely admit the Muggle band Coldplay is very nice to listen to, but I watched carefully and I can assure that no magic was involved. Still, I stopped by a Muggle music store after the session and picked up Coldplay's "cds" and a "cd player", which I am still trying to learn to work.

I really enjoyed my time in the Muggle world, although I would never trade my life for a life of a Muggle. Muggles can be very entertaining, and I already plan on posing as a intern again in the future. I would love to see how Muggle movies are made!
Back to top Go down
http://midnightbookgirl.com
magicguy93
1st Year
1st Year
magicguy93

Male
Regist. date : 2007-02-11
Number of posts : 6766
Location : Trying to escape from the insane asylum that I call school.
Real First Name : Chris
Warning :

House : GRYFFINDOR BUT RAVENCLAW AT HEART
Crest : A Day in the Life of a Muggle Gryffi10
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of a Muggle   A Day in the Life of a Muggle EmptySun Aug 12 2007, 19:59

Chris was so happy to be doing his Muggle Studies homework. He had a muggle friend. He also had a muggle for a Grandmother. He decided he was going to hang out with Lesley, his friend, and see what she did all day. Chris decided to take the bus to his friends house. He walked up to the bus bench and saw some muggles just waiting there. Weird, why do they just sit here? Chris thought. The bus then drove up. Chris boarded with the rest of the people and sat down. Some muggles were talking on a cell phone. Why do they use phone? What is the reason? Chris thought. He grabbed his parchment and quill and started to write about this.

Muggle Studies Homework
By: Chris

Muggles use many contraptions. They use something called a cell phone to communicate with other muggles.

Chris started his report. He looked on the outside seeing some muggles walk. “Walking, I couldn’t stand walking all day.” Chris said quietly. “I couldn’t go one day without a broom.” He continued. The bus stopped at a place not to far from Lesley’s and Chris got off. He walked to Lesley’s house. He knocked on the door.

Lesley answered the door. “Hey, Chris.” She greeted him.

“Hey Lesley.” Chris said, “May I come in. Since I am out of school today I decided to come over.”

“Sure you can come in.” Lesley said.

Chris came in and sat on the couch. “Do you want something to eat?” Lesley asked.

“Sure what do you have?” Chris asked.

“Pop tarts, I can heat some up for you.” Lesley said.

“Sure go ahead.” Chris answered.

Lesley walked into the kitchen and Chris followed. Lesley opened the cabinet and grabbed the box of pop tarts. She grabbed one and unwrapped it. She then took out the toaster oven. She placed the pop tart into the toaster and turned it on. Chris then took out his parchment again.

Muggles also use something called a toaster oven to heat up food.

Chris had usually used a simple warming spell to heat his food up. When the food was done Chris ate his food and he talked to Lesley some. She turned on the television with a remote. Chris usually waved his wand and the television came on. After a day at Lesley’s house Chris left and went back to Hogwarts, now he knew what a muggle did everyday. “Boy do they have a hard time.” Chris said as he walked into the classroom the next day.
Back to top Go down
http://magic-world.nice-forum.net
Elfie Dumbledore
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Elfie Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-21
Number of posts : 15397
Real First Name : Sharon
Warning :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue1 / 31 / 3A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

House : I didn't retire...I surrendered!
Crest : A Day in the Life of a Muggle Hogwar10
Award Bar :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of a Muggle   A Day in the Life of a Muggle EmptySat Aug 18 2007, 09:02

On behalf of your professor, I present you with your scores. Well done to everyone who participated.

GRYFFINDOR

Peder: 50

magicguy93: 50

RAVENCLAW

Stephy: 50

Polly: 50

Wendelin Creevey: 50

Rigby Dumbledore: 50

SLYTHERIN

Drkangelcat: 50

HUFFLEPUFF

Ellemanae: 50

streams of silver: 50

dragonweaver: 50
Back to top Go down
http://hogwarts-experience.heavenforum.com
Gloria Malfoy
1st Year
1st Year

Female
Regist. date : 2011-07-09
Number of posts : 71
Real First Name : James
Warning :

Award Bar :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue25 / 70025 / 700A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of a Muggle   A Day in the Life of a Muggle EmptyWed Jul 27 2011, 20:32

I decided to seek out an extrordinary muggle one they percieve as a celebrity.
One Tara Lipinski. It seems she is a famous athelete for a muggle sport known as figure skating which involves putting blades on ones shoes and sliding gracefully around on ice. She is also an actress. And particpated in something like the World Cup, but known as the Olympics. Possible corelation to ancient Greek Olympics.
12am my subject is just getting done attending a meeting with her fans. Earlier she had figure skated on ice, amazing muggles manage to create ice without magic even in the summer.
She signs pictures of herself, they however do not move. Odd. She seems rather friendly and proffesional.

1am she goes into her hotel room, she has security guards, but they have no wands! I think they are going for the troll theory, look big and menacing and people will leave you alone. She undresses and has a small dog with her, it notices me but I quickly drink a potion to make my scent go away. It settles down. She goes to bed.

6am she gets up early to the sound of a telephone I think it's called. A wake up call. She dresses and uses a rectangular card made of a strange material to unlock the door when she had to run back in to grab her purse.
I am as I have been using an invisability cloak and levitation charm. I drank a potion that allows me to phase through things and followed.
She trained hard moving on the ice. She listened to music, it seemed to have a small circular disk which was golden in color involved with a box with buttons and numbers in lights.
Afterwards she used a towel to dry off and drank water from a bottle.

800am she goes in a muggle car to breakfast. She drives up and speaks to a blackscreen with a voice coming from it. Almost like magic. She orders and pays with green paper and metal coins. I didn't see any house elves in there only muggles cooking inside! She parked and ate the food which was wrapped in strange paper and boxes of an odd material.

9am she arrives at a muggle school! She walks through this arch and it apparently detectes metal objects!
I floated over impressed.
They seem to teach lessons but without points involved. Also the students didn't have uniforms! They wore street clothing! She went to the library which had very few occult books and much of the material was wrong.
She spoke to small children reading a book. Again no moving pictures.

11am she spoke to an auditorium of older kids about the boys and girls club which seems to be some kind of organization which helps kids. She answered some questions her voice was amplified withput use of a wand!

1pm she ate lunch at a restruant. Again no house elves. It was illuminated by electrical lights.
They push a switch.

3pm she went shopping. She actually carried the items and paid using a different card.
Should look into these card things seem useful. Could they be a form of muggle wand?

5pm she practices again.

7pm she does a show again. Amazing muggle screens show what is happending. Moving pictures at last!

10pm she talks on the telephone to her friend across the country.
1130pm she goes to bed.
At this point I'm starving and head back to write my report. Get some pumpkin juice mix it with "pepsi" strange flavor.
Eat some stuff from the kitchens as well as a Big Mac. Yummy.

Back to top Go down
violetriddle
5th Year
5th Year
violetriddle

Female
Regist. date : 2008-02-14
Number of posts : 35370
Real First Name : Lesley
Warning :

House : The Wonderful House of Salazar Slytherin
Wand : Walnut & Dragon Heartstring
Award Bar :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue203 / 700203 / 700A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of a Muggle   A Day in the Life of a Muggle EmptySun Aug 07 2011, 11:28

Gryffindor:

Slytherin:
Gloria: 60

Hufflepuff:

Ravenclaw:

this is based off 100 point class!
Back to top Go down
Amelia
1st Year
1st Year
Amelia

Female
Regist. date : 2010-12-11
Number of posts : 23
Location : Looking for my classes....work, work, work! I sound like Hermione!
Real First Name : Traci
Warning :

House : Huffelpuff
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of a Muggle   A Day in the Life of a Muggle EmptySat Jul 07 2012, 02:38

It's finally happening! I am finally going to see my muggel cousin!I have a assignment in Muggel studies, and i have to see what a muggle does in their daily life. Her name is Erika. I am on her road right now.

I arrive at her door. I ring the doorbell, and there she is. "Erika!" She motions me to come in. I have a notebook and pen in hand. We rush up to her room and i begin to ask her questions.

She is sitting on her bed, and im in a bean bag, "So, how do you start your morning?" I asked."I get up, and brush my teeth. Next, i then go to my closet and pick out my clothing of choice. A pair of jeans a t-shirt and flip flops. Next, my mother takes me to school." She explained. The whole time i am copying down her words. "What is school like for you?" I asked again. " Well, after i get out of my car, i go into double doors, to a middle class school house. It is like your school, Amelia. Only, i don't learn magic. I learn Math, how to work with numbers, reading, how to read everyday things, and science, the study of life." I copy that down. "Also, like you, i switch from class to class. I have whats called a locker. A..a little compartment for what i can put my books and other things in." I quickly get that down. "What is your lunch time like?" I asked,not taking my gaze from my notebook. "Well, we have two lines. With two serving stations. In each line, is served something like pizza, salad, or something in that area. After we obtain our food, we make our way to a table with our friends and or classmates." I'm still copying down her last words and ask her the last thing that she said, to make sure that i was right. "Anyway, after that, do you have your mother take you back home?" I asked. "Yes,and some days we have homework. I'm sure you have it at your school, too.' I nod, reassuring her. "We all hate homework!" I laugh. She then continues. "After i arrive back home, i finish my homework, eat dinner, get a shower, and back to bed." She finished. "Thanks for all the information. I never knew how different our lives where." I told her. "How?" I then start to explain the differences on our lives. With that, i then go back to Hogwarts to turn my assignment into our Muggel Studies teacher.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin The Wizard
Headmaster : Slytherin Head of House: Astronomy Professor : 1st Year : Master of All
Headmaster : Slytherin Head of House: Astronomy Professor : 1st Year : Master of All
Raistlin The Wizard

Male
Regist. date : 2006-07-26
Number of posts : 11497
Real First Name : Lost in the mists of time...
Warning :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue3 / 33 / 3A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin!
Award Bar :
A Day in the Life of a Muggle Left_bar_bleue700 / 700700 / 700A Day in the Life of a Muggle Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of a Muggle   A Day in the Life of a Muggle EmptyMon Jan 21 2013, 15:48

HUFFLEPUFF
Amelia - 30 HP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Day in the Life of a Muggle   A Day in the Life of a Muggle Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1