Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSMorning after pill given to 11 year olds! Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!

Go down 
+10
magicguy93
Ice Cream
Rigby Dumbledore
Torak
Caroru
polly
Cheery
RhiannonMei
Amy
Elfie Dumbledore
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Elfie Dumbledore
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Elfie Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-21
Number of posts : 15397
Real First Name : Sharon
Warning :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue1 / 31 / 3Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

House : I didn't retire...I surrendered!
Crest : Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Hogwar10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Empty
PostSubject: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyThu Jul 12 2007, 13:46

On the news recently, there has been debates about schools being able to give people as young as 11 the morning after pill to stop them becoming pregnant. I personally feel this is terrible! 11 year olds should not need to be thinking about this and I feel that it is promoting undersage sex. I also have the opinion if someone is old enough to have sex then they are old enough to face the consequesnces. I am totally against abortion of any kind, and the morning after pill verges on this.

What are your views?
Back to top Go down
http://hogwarts-experience.heavenforum.com
Amy
Retired Deputy Head : 5th year
Amy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 11746
Real First Name : Amy
Warning :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

House : Gryffindor
Crest : Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Gryffi10
Award Bar :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyThu Jul 12 2007, 13:51

I think that it being given to children (because they are still children!) of eleven is stupid. But I'm not against the morning after pill in general - I disagree that it's like abortion, because it's taken to STOP someone getting pregnant, not to terminate a pregnancy.

I think that people need to have the choice to take the morning after pill because not everyone is ready for a baby. But children as young as eleven - that's stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://amyxaphania.livejournal.com
RhiannonMei
1st Year
1st Year
RhiannonMei

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-02
Number of posts : 4728
Real First Name : June
Warning :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

Award Bar :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue50 / 70050 / 700Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyTue Jul 24 2007, 12:43

Eleven year olds shouldn't have to worry about things like that at their age! And I agree that it might promote underage sex which SHOULD NOT happen at eleven!!!!! And I also disagree about it acting like an abortion. If an egg isn't fertilized in the first place, then like Amy said, it's just stopping someone from getting pregnant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/love_the_moon
Cheery
1st Year
1st Year
Cheery

Female
Number of posts : 1691
Warning :

Award Bar :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyTue Jul 24 2007, 13:06

I agree with Amy completely. They shouldn't give kids as young as 11 the morning after pills. Gosh, at 11 I HARDLY knew what sex was, so I just don't think that was appropriate or necessary. Now, if they were a few years older, where sex is happening all the time, then I could understand.

I also don't believe that the morning after pill is like abortion at all, just as Amy said. Abortion, for me, is okay as long as it's not a form of birth control. But that's another topic. Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! 436937 Anyway, I agree 100% with Amy.
Back to top Go down
polly
3rd Year
3rd Year
polly

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-12
Number of posts : 10718
Real First Name : Polly
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw!
Crest : Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Ravenc10
Wand : Hawthorn and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue11 / 70011 / 700Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyWed Jul 25 2007, 08:02

I don't think they should be giving the morning after pill to 11 year olds but it should be there for people like me. Like times when I get drunk and do stuff really stupid I'm like running to school or the pharmacists to get the pill so I think it should be offered to people but not at 11 thats silly. But then again I do know people who lost there virginity at 11.
Back to top Go down
Caroru
HE Owl
HE Owl
Caroru

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-24
Number of posts : 15490
Real First Name : Caro
Warning :

Award Bar :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue70 / 70070 / 700Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyWed Jul 25 2007, 11:32

A 11 year old is still a child, children don't have sex!!! Children are supposed to run around and play hide-and-seek and stuff :D Seriously.

I have nothing against abortion or morning after pills. The pill can sometimes be a girl's best friend, to be honest. Now, imagine that a girl gets abused, and gets pregnant. How many of you think she would want to keep that child? I'm sorry if i'm poking a sensitive subject here, but just think about it. People have different sights of this, this is just me...
Back to top Go down
Torak
1st Year
1st Year

Male
Regist. date : 2007-07-25
Number of posts : 20
Real First Name : Andrew
Warning :

House : Gryffindor, apparently
Award Bar :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyWed Jul 25 2007, 14:07

On the contrary, children often do have sex. They shouldn't, but what kids should and what kids do are often very different things.

And if kids are having sex, they should have easy and free access to contraception. Morals are fine in moderation, but if it's a choice between morals and health, health wins out.
Back to top Go down
Elfie Dumbledore
Elfie Dumbledore

Female
Warning :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue1 / 31 / 3Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyWed Jul 25 2007, 16:18

Though what about it being handed out in schools without their parents knowledge? I think that is wrong as their parents should be informed at that young age of something like that.
Back to top Go down
Caroru
HE Owl
HE Owl
Caroru

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue70 / 70070 / 700Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyWed Jul 25 2007, 16:21

WHEN I WAS 11....... xD Yeah, let's not go that road. I simply fell from trees and ran against walls; still do, actually xD

But when we think back when we were young, and what we did and didn't do, how does the youth today break away from how we behaved and acted? I think children are more or less forced to take a lot more mature role for some reason... all of a sudden, we have 7 year old girls crying to their mum that they're fat and their whole me-picture goes down the hill.

...and 11 year olds getting morning after pills! See, i stayed on the topic :D

EDIT: If i may say, that when we had sex ed in 6th grade (for the first time) we got condoms and a book. In 7th grade we got more condoms, and 9th grade morning after pills AND condoms :D

Last edited by on Wed Jul 25 2007, 16:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Torak
1st Year
1st Year

Male
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyWed Jul 25 2007, 16:23

Certainly if minors find themselves needing it... On the one hand, the parents should be notified, but if that means kids hesitate to get contraceptives... It's a difficult balance.

The ideal situation would be, of course, if kids could have a sufficiently close relationship with their parents to dare to discuss this sort of thing with them, making the question of informing the parents moot, but what with human nature and all I suspect that's unlikely...
Back to top Go down
Caroru
HE Owl
HE Owl
Caroru

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyWed Jul 25 2007, 16:27

Oh yeah, The Talk :D Never had it properly, mum didn't see any reason for it, and dad was very shocked about it all. "Not his little girl..."

I think parents should just get over themselves and talk about it more! They've done, their parents have done it-- let's not go there xD
Back to top Go down
Elfie Dumbledore
Elfie Dumbledore

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyWed Jul 25 2007, 16:30

That is true, it does present a difficulty, though I can't imagine how I would feel if my daughter was given that without my knowledge at that age. (ok I still have 11 years plus 3 months until she gets that age but Im thinking ahead!).

I think I would prefer to know. It should be up to the parents not the school to deal with situations like this.

Another thing, I have never taken that pill myself, but I have heard that it can make the person ill when they take it. Surely an 11 year old would react worse than an adult?

I also assume that they dont check with the childs doctor either as it is purely school based, which could present a lot more problems...something which could be avoided if discussing the matter with the parent perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Caroru
HE Owl
HE Owl
Caroru

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyWed Jul 25 2007, 16:54

Well, people react differently to different things, also pills and such. Everyone doesn't get ill of them... atleast i haven't, but it's possible it needs a special way of swallowing the pill... xD

...yes, i'm trying to be funny :D It's a tragedy! xD
Back to top Go down
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2007-01-30
Number of posts : 4801
Real First Name : Kate or Katie
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Award Bar :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue102 / 700102 / 700Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyWed Jul 25 2007, 20:41

My college roommate had to take one after a broken condom scare...and then again after an assualt (she met some guy that she had been flirting with on the net and suspected that he might have drugged her), when she was prescribed the pill the doctor also had her use Dramamine- which can help with nausea and is usually what people use when flying.

I agree that parents have the right to know what their child's medical needs are, until the legal age it is the parents responsiblity to care for, nurture and protect their children, and they can't do that if they don't know what their child is up to.

I hope along with the morning after pill the child was counseled as to the events that led up to her needing the pill in the first place. It needs to stop being cool to have sex before you can handle adult resposibilities. Condoms are easy to come by, but even in places where condoms and morining after pills are handed out like lollipops I sitll think that kids are going to make bad choices... they need to be taught how to say no.
Back to top Go down
http://midnightbookgirl.com
Caroru
HE Owl
HE Owl
Caroru

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyThu Jul 26 2007, 10:35

But everyone don't have supportive parents that will take you to a doctor whenever you need to. Of course it's only right to let the parents know what their kids are being taught at school, but i also think it's good they learn it early enough. Sure, 11 might be a bit out there... :/ This is complicated. You could have 11 year old girls pregnant out there (wether it's planned or not)! So which is better; a 11 year old girl pregnant, or teach them these kind of stuff on beforehand?

...once again, this is only my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2007-01-30
Number of posts : 4801
Real First Name : Kate or Katie
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Award Bar :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue102 / 700102 / 700Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyThu Jul 26 2007, 10:48

I have no problem with sex education, we had it starting fifth grade (although it focused mostly on the physical changes we would be experiencing but that was a looooong time ago). I just think that as much focus needs to be on teaching abstience, not just protection. The morning after pill is helpful, but it won't do any good if the girl is already pregnant, nor will it fix the reasons that led to her being there. I think girls in particular need to be taught, along with sex education, self-esteem, because I think that if an 11 year old is willing out there having unprotected sex (which we don't know the circumstances that led her to need the pill) than it's because of poor self image.
Back to top Go down
http://midnightbookgirl.com
Caroru
HE Owl
HE Owl
Caroru

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyThu Jul 26 2007, 13:16

Well, who said she was willing? Has anyone thought about the chance of an 11 year old girl being forced to it?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Amy

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyThu Jul 26 2007, 13:19

I think that changes the situation. I don't have any qualms about it then, although I think if that were the situation an eleven-year-old would have involved someone else (be it parents or older siblings) anyway.
Back to top Go down
Torak
1st Year
1st Year

Male
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyThu Jul 26 2007, 14:39

Not necessarily. An awful lot of abuse, rapes in particular, are never reported. Certainly it's not unheard of for eleven-year-olds to not tell their parents about rapes.

Anyway, as for the whole abstinence thing... Teenagers will have sex, whether they're "taught" or not. Teaching them it's a good idea to wait is fine, as long as they're also taught how to protect themselves In Case Of.

Personally, I'm in favour of a Sig on the belt, but that might just be me.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Amy

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyThu Jul 26 2007, 14:44

Quote :
Not necessarily. An awful lot of abuse, rapes in particular, are never reported. Certainly it's not unheard of for eleven-year-olds to not tell their parents about rapes.

That's true...

One of the reasons I don't like debating is that everything varies on a case-by-case basis. What might work out for one person is completely wrong for someone else.
Back to top Go down
Torak
1st Year
1st Year

Male
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyThu Jul 26 2007, 14:50

Exactly - generalisations do nothing but produce a solution that's not-quite-right for as many people as possible.
Back to top Go down
Caroru
HE Owl
HE Owl
Caroru

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyThu Jul 26 2007, 14:51

True, true, Eimi.. I still don't see morning after pills as abortion, or as a bad thing, but handing them to 11 year olds is a bit over the top.
Back to top Go down
Cheery
1st Year
1st Year
Cheery

Female
Number of posts : 1691
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptySat Jul 28 2007, 14:34

You know...my high school doesn't even have sex ed. IN HIGH SCHOOL. Perhaps we should all get handed the morning after pill for Halloween. xD Anyway, they then wonder why there are over 20 girls in my high school pregnant a year. Morning after pill would be beneficial in some cases..just not for 11 year olds. :/ ......I've already posted on this, but whatever. xD
Back to top Go down
Ice Cream
1st Year
1st Year
Ice Cream

Male
Regist. date : 2008-04-20
Number of posts : 152
Real First Name : Danny
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 10:15

I'm 12, so I know what I'm talking about when I say I disagree. 11 Year old kids are starting puberty and getting someone pregnant is the ONLY thing from stopping an 11 year old boy from having sex, now they encourage it! This is one of the worst ideas I ever heard of...
Back to top Go down
Torak
1st Year
1st Year

Male
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 11:14

Wow... that's a pretty impressive necropost.

Anyway, I wouldn't say making contraception available is encouraging kids to have sex - they'll do that anyway. It's just providing a means for them to remain relatively safe while having it. Withholding access to contraception on ideological grounds would be far more irresponsible.

As is so often the case, I suspect that honesty, to resort to cliché, is probably the best policy. Teach them that it's wiser to wait, but also teach them how to indulge safely if they decide to.
Back to top Go down
magicguy93
1st Year
1st Year
magicguy93

Male
Regist. date : 2007-02-11
Number of posts : 6766
Location : Trying to escape from the insane asylum that I call school.
Real First Name : Chris
Warning :

House : GRYFFINDOR BUT RAVENCLAW AT HEART
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptySun Apr 27 2008, 12:46

this is horible they shouldn't be giving young children these pills. Kids that are 11 yrs old shouldn't even be thinking about that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://magic-world.nice-forum.net
Torak
1st Year
1st Year

Male
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 02:40

Perhaps they shouldn't - whether they should or not is beyond the scope of the discussion - but they will be thinking of it. So why not make sure they're prepared?

I don't think anyone would - or could - condone actively encouraging kids to have sex even earlier (because they are kids, whatever this "young adult" nonsense would have us believe). But, human nature and physiology being what they are, they will have sex fairly early on. And given that, it's irresponsible to not give them every chance to avoid risks or mitigate their effects.
Back to top Go down
Shausto-la
1st Year
1st Year
Shausto-la

Female
Regist. date : 2007-11-16
Number of posts : 1603
Real First Name : casey
Warning :

House : RAVENCLAW :9
Award Bar :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue45 / 70045 / 700Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 14:10

I know in our community, all adults here are like scared to talk about not having sex, being afraid that talking about it will only encourage us more. and then they act all confused as to why there's so many drop outs and teen pregnancy.
(however they do the exact opposite with drugs, trying to educate us starting in first grade, and we still have such an enormous drug problem, its not even funny. they are aware of it, but dont quite connect the talking about pot all the time when we're 7 to people starting to smoke pot by the time they're 10.)

for eleven year olds though, theyre barely even thinking about it. Why give them something now that they wont need? Later, yes. But if these eleven year old in this school realy and truely dont need them, theres no need to go out of your way to provide the pill.
Back to top Go down
pickles
2nd Year
2nd Year
pickles

Male
Regist. date : 2008-02-21
Number of posts : 6322
Real First Name : Matthew
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff! I'm like the only guy!
Crest : Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Huffle10
Wand : Oak & Heart Dragonstring
Award Bar :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue77 / 70077 / 700Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyMon May 12 2008, 14:48

I suppose there are some eleven year olds who have been in sexual contact before. But the problem would be singling out these young girls, you wouldn't want to be giving the pill to a girl that isn't sexually active. Maybe a conversation with first year girls (when they are eleven) and asking them if they are active then they can take the precations. Instead of a giving the pill to a young girl who hasn't been in sexual contact to make her think it would be okay to have sex then because she had the pill to take the morning after.

also the pill is availible to young girls at their lo0cal GP, we don't need to be inforcing it in school aswel.. there is plenty of place a girl (or boy for that matter) can confidentually get hold of sexual precations
Back to top Go down
KatieBellaTrix
5th Year
5th Year
KatieBellaTrix

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 5236
Real First Name : Let's Leave it at Katie... XD
Warning :

House : Gryffindor Girlie
Award Bar :
Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Left_bar_bleue53 / 70053 / 700Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyMon May 12 2008, 17:39

I think eleven is definitly to early to be introduced to it. I do think they should be available God - forbid anything happens but I think the parent's should know that it's their and then if their kids tell them something they can make the decision.

When I was eleven we had sex ed but it was more about puberty than anything else. sixth grade was "THE TALK" and then seventh and eight is more of the same.

Eleven is fifth grade so I can see them covering physical changes but not anything else.
Back to top Go down
Emerald
1st Year
1st Year
Emerald

Female
Regist. date : 2008-05-11
Number of posts : 16
Real First Name : Tanesha
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! EmptyMon May 12 2008, 18:53

Eleven years of age? That's crazy! Eleven year olds should not have to worry about sex or getting pregnant. If anything the only thing they should worry about is trying to catch their favorite shows on time. And if adults at their schools are giving this out with out the parents knowledge, than they deserve to be sewed. If I was a parent, I would want to know what my kid is consuming and if they're giving out these pills with out their knowledge is not right.

Any one know if there has been a case brought up against these pills?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!   Morning after pill given to 11 year olds! Empty

Back to top Go down

Morning after pill given to 11 year olds!
Page 1 of 1