Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSWhen did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?

Go down 
+74
amortentia773
LovelyBrains
Arcadia
stephy
Jezebel
pickles
TwiLyght
LOONYkim
Scrilla
hppamela
kathrineee_anne
ginnyunited
Vulcan/Blackjack
Hunter Passmore
SlytherinPride7
WillowBlossom
magicguy93
dragonweaver
Ginnevra_24
drkangelcat
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Remus Lupin
SilverLady
Vicky_Weasley
Snapes_girl
DarkMoonlight
OUTxxWITHxxAxxBANG
Bewitched Girl
Chilli_Pepper
KatieBellaTrix
Fernanda
Brunette
Dimples
Chloe
Ilyria
Orlando Lover
So_Yun
Cher-rae
Italian Bella
amberg93
Elfie Dumbledore
Just_Ginny
Cheetahpie
Eirbear
Emelia
Sweet Raindrops
littleprincess_01
Trixie_Twizzler
FateAngel
mcfly_42
Crystal
thatblondechick
Cill
anisa_fanfic
streams of silver
Mischa
cookiemonster
Traci=Ronlover102
polly
Fated4HP
pillowloverchick
romance lover
Jillybean
tonks and remus always
Ashes bo bashes
Moony01
Iced Cherriez
skuldandy
Padfoot Potter
jennifer williams
running_swift
WaterLily
kitkat
Amy
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amy
Retired Deputy Head : 5th year
Retired Deputy Head : 5th year
Amy

Female
Country : When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Flag_u12
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 11746
Real First Name : Amy
Warning :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

House : Gryffindor
Crest : When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Gryffi10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20 2006, 08:44

First topic message reminder :

When did you first read Harry Potter? For me, it was back in 1998, not long after PS came out. The local radio station had a slot on their breakfast show where they read a page of a book every morning, and they were doing PS back then. My mum thought it sounded good, and so ordered it for me.

From that moment on, I loved the books. I got CoS not long after, and the rest, as they say, is history. I remember getting PoA when it was released, then saving it for my summer holiday, then reading it during the car journey :lol:

I've had each book as soon as it came out since then, going to buy OotP and HBP at midnight on the day it was released.

And what about the HP online fandom? When did you find it? I found it just after I'd read GoF. I was searching the internet for sites about this great book I'd read, and then I found a link to the Harry Potter section on fanfiction.net...from there I found the now defunct gryffindortower.net, read a lot of great H/G fanfiction. I can't believe I've been in the HP fandom for almost 6 years now...

What about you?
Back to top Go down
http://amyxaphania.livejournal.com

AuthorMessage
Fernanda
1st Year
1st Year
Fernanda

Female
Regist. date : 2006-11-06
Number of posts : 8
Warning :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06 2006, 14:47

When I first came to Florida my friend Stephanie introduced me to Harry Potter. Even though I did not understand, I still liked it and I rented it in Spanish. Then when I learned to read and write english I was able to read the books. I am just starting book six
Back to top Go down
KatieBellaTrix
5th Year
5th Year
KatieBellaTrix

Female
Country : When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Flag_u10
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 5236
Real First Name : Let's Leave it at Katie... XD
Warning :

House : Gryffindor Girlie
Crest : When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Gryffi10
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue53 / 70053 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 10 2006, 14:10

Well, I first heard SS or PS when I was like 7 or 8. My mom would read it to me and my sister chapter at a time every night. I have to admit I liked it but wasn't really interested until the fourth book came out. Thats when I read them all for myself. Thats when I got hooked. I ordered the OotP and HBP so they came the day of release first class.

Actually, I didnt find the online fandom until recently. This summer actually. I have been going to MuggleNet and The Leaky Cauldren every day since and then more recently the HE. SO yea.
Back to top Go down
Chilli_Pepper
1st Year
1st Year
Chilli_Pepper

Female
Regist. date : 2006-11-19
Number of posts : 24
Real First Name : Melody
Warning :

Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 19 2006, 21:44

I hated reading when I was younger, point blank. I saw SS on a trailer and it looked really good so me and my friends went to see it on opening night! It was packed! I kept hearing "I hope it's just as good as the books" i never even knew it was book! Yeah, so I watched it and I loved it. I still wasn't keen on reading it. Then the second one came out and I loved it! (omg!) lol. So, it was then my mom told me that the books always offer more details and scenes that are not included in the movies. So I went and brought the whole set and what really surprised me was that i finished all of them under three weeks! That was a record for me! And then I strated loking for HP all over the net and here how I am now.
Back to top Go down
Bewitched Girl
1st Year
1st Year
Bewitched Girl

Female
Regist. date : 2006-11-18
Number of posts : 105
Real First Name : Helen
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 20 2006, 08:39

I actually didnt read the books until after I saw the second film *hides* though I am really glad that I did
Back to top Go down
OUTxxWITHxxAxxBANG
5th Year
5th Year
OUTxxWITHxxAxxBANG

Female
Regist. date : 2006-11-15
Number of posts : 2677
Real First Name : Jessie
Warning :

House : Slytherin, where else?
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 20 2006, 18:46

I hated HP for the longest time! I read the first 5 pages of SS and got bored so i ditched it. It was just this summer that i got hooked on fan made stuff from www.quizilla.com (check it out! heehee advertisment) Then i started reading the books and got even more hooked! But i only own 1-4 so for 5, 6 and soon to be 7 I have to get spoilers from the internet ='( lol I sneak in the oppertunitie to watch the movies whenever i can heeheehee, like on December 1,2, and 3rd ABC Family is showing SS, CoS, and the extened version of PoA, so you can garentee i'll be glued to the TV that weekend! lol i still haven't told ANYONE about my new obsession... lol ssshhh!
Back to top Go down
DarkMoonlight
1st Year
1st Year
DarkMoonlight

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-13
Number of posts : 84
Real First Name : I go by middle name: Danielle...
Warning :

House : Slytherin
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 08 2006, 22:40

WELL, I mgiht as well tell you my story. lol. let's see...well, my interest began after the 2nd movie let out on DVD. I was in Blockbuster when I saw it and I was like "ah, what the heck." and I rented it. I took it home and watched it and I loved it!! I went and got the first DVD and watched that one.

It was about a month after that I learned HP was a book! lol. I was at the mall and me and friends decided to go to the book store for the heck of it. I was just wandering between aisles when I found the whole line of HP books excluding 5 and 6 at the time. I instantly brought 1 and 2 and 3 ( i had no money for 4) My friends thought I was crazy! and I read all three in about a week.

I then became obsessed and my friends all knew and pitched in to buy me the fourth book! And now...well, haha. I'm still obsessed!
Back to top Go down
Snapes_girl
1st Year
1st Year
Snapes_girl

Female
Country : When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Flag_u10
Number of posts : 6274
Real First Name : Nancy
Warning :

House : Slytherin - Where I have always belonged
Crest : When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Slythe10
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3 / 7003 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 13 2006, 07:25

I had to have surgery and I was laid up for 6 weeks. A friend convinced me to start reading the books. That is when POA came out...i have been helplessly hooked ever since!
Back to top Go down
Vicky_Weasley
1st Year
1st Year
Vicky_Weasley

Female
Regist. date : 2007-01-18
Number of posts : 315
Real First Name : VICTORIA
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 19 2007, 16:24

I started reading the Harry Potter book December 31, 2006. I am
currently on the 5th book. I read every book in about 2 days! Umm the
5th book is takin me longer cuz the series is about to end and I want
the books to last!
Back to top Go down
SilverLady
1st Year
1st Year
SilverLady

Female
Country : When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Flag_r10
Regist. date : 2007-01-08
Number of posts : 5672
Real First Name : Cristina
Warning :

Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue28 / 70028 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11 2007, 03:18

I think it was uhhmm '98, just after the second book came out, that my mom traveled to England for work. She just asked a lady in a bookshop what she would recommend for her girl and the lady gave her the first two HP books. And I read them and of course I loved them! And soon, the rumour what a great book HP is, also reached my class and suddenly, I was not alone anymore in my love for HP! Weee!
But anyhow.. serious "fandom" with forums and so on only began for me sometime after HBP - which doesn't mean I hadn't begun re-reading the books much, much earlier! When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Devil
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin
1st Year
1st Year

Male
Regist. date : 2007-02-27
Number of posts : 194
Warning :

House : GRYFFINDOR
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21 2007, 11:27

Well, truth be told when the world was going crazy about HP, i refuse to read them not even one page. 6 yrs later i realize i was so crazy for not reading it then. This yr i convince myself let me read it and i did and i got glued to it and read one after another. the advantage i had for starting so late is that at least all 6 book were in front of me. cant wait for the finale.
Back to top Go down
Raxacoricofallapatorius
1st Year
1st Year
Raxacoricofallapatorius

Female
Regist. date : 2007-05-09
Number of posts : 207
Real First Name : Laura
Warning :

House : Gryffindor!
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14 2007, 08:32

I started reading the books just before Goblet of Fire came out. It was actually my little nephew (well, not so little now ^^) who told me about them, and so I thought I'd better get clued up on what he was going on about.

I've not really been into the fandom that long, probably about a year and a half. I did a search one day for harry potter on google and it came up with Mugglenet's fanfiction site and that intrigued me so I read a few fics there. I've joined a few forums in the past but mainly lurked. I think this is the first one where I've actually made more than about 10 posts ^^
Back to top Go down
SilverLady
1st Year
1st Year
SilverLady

Female
Country : When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Flag_r10
Regist. date : 2007-01-08
Number of posts : 5672
Real First Name : Cristina
Warning :

Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue28 / 70028 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14 2007, 09:59

Wow, this is also my first forum to which I'm really steady! :D

the other one on which I was active ..uhmm I even was a mod there, but it was only a tiiiiny one and it kinda didn't survive .. it was just forgotten by everybody... :/
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat
2nd Year
2nd Year
drkangelcat

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-01
Number of posts : 4340
Real First Name : Cat
Warning :

House : Slytherin's Official Nut
Crest : When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Slythe10
Wand : Willow & Veela Hair
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68 / 70068 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01 2007, 06:19

I started reading them not to long after GoF came out. My mom had been reading the books and decided to let me cause I was all "ooo this looks interesting, Mommy can I read" and anyways they gripped my attention better than those Piers Anthony books she tried getting me to read. You know I think Harry Potter PoS was the first book I read that was not written by R.L Stine, a Clue book, or a comic book.

I think I was the only kid to have read 4 books like those in less than half a year at the age of 9....actually I was one of the only kids in my class then to actually read a book as big as the four at that age lol. Of course I also had a high school reading level in sixth grade so it is understandable lol.
Back to top Go down
http://drkangelkitty.deviantart.com
Ginnevra_24
1st Year
1st Year
Ginnevra_24

Female
Regist. date : 2007-07-30
Number of posts : 102
Real First Name : Ginny
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31 2007, 22:03

i started reading the books this year once i had read that first one i was hooked and just kept reading them i had to wait for the last one to come out it was agonising!

Ginny :ginny:
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 723888
Back to top Go down
dragonweaver
2nd Year
2nd Year
dragonweaver

Female
Regist. date : 2007-06-22
Number of posts : 2895
Real First Name : Ingrid
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff
Wand : Ash and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7 / 7007 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31 2007, 22:57

well...i always like the book and started reading them about the time when CoS came out...then my friend was like read fanfiction..soooo i got into it
but then i found HE so now i'm a huge fan *smiles*

*grins* *waves* *dances* etc...
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~veliakaida
magicguy93
1st Year
1st Year
magicguy93

Male
Regist. date : 2007-02-11
Number of posts : 6766
Location : Trying to escape from the insane asylum that I call school.
Real First Name : Chris
Warning :

House : GRYFFINDOR BUT RAVENCLAW AT HEART
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04 2007, 16:27

I started to read the HP books about four years ago. I started liking it in about a year after the first movie came out.
Back to top Go down
http://magic-world.nice-forum.net
WillowBlossom
1st Year
1st Year
WillowBlossom

Female
Regist. date : 2007-12-13
Number of posts : 66
Real First Name : Willow
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15 2007, 06:28

I started getting into the fandom after the first movie was released. I would browse on line for any updates of new movies and things. Then, I started reading the books. Then. I met the world of fanfiction! lol.
Back to top Go down
SlytherinPride7
1st Year
1st Year
SlytherinPride7

Female
Regist. date : 2007-10-06
Number of posts : 2847
Real First Name : Kaylee
Warning :

House : Slytherin - The Banana In The Muffin :)
Wand : Yew & Dragon Heartstring
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue45 / 70045 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15 2007, 09:50

Honestly, I will admit that I never read the books until the last one came out. I was a fan of the movies.

I hate starting something and not being able to finish it, so I refused to read the books until they all were out.

But once I read them I was hooked, and now I'm the fan watching the movies complaining about how wrong they are.

Now I think I've read each book at least 4 times, yes I'm strange. I'm like that with all of the books that I read and really like.

As far as fandom, I never really got into it until I found this site. The whole idea of actually getting sorted and doing the classes and participating in duels/quidditch matches sold me and I've been here since.

Back to top Go down
http://stupidm-f.livejournal.com/
Hunter Passmore
1st Year
1st Year
Hunter Passmore

Male
Regist. date : 2007-12-06
Number of posts : 615
Real First Name : Hunter
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw quidditch reserve chaser
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16 2007, 10:57

I started being fan 2 years ago when the third movie cameout and then i read thed books. Now i will be a fan forever!! harry potter
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Ravenclaw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hunter_david
Vulcan/Blackjack
1st Year
1st Year
Vulcan/Blackjack

Female
Regist. date : 2007-09-22
Number of posts : 2592
Location : somewhere between my dreams and this strange reality
Real First Name : Lexi
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff, we can do anything you can do, and we look cute too :D
Crest : When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Huffle10
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20 / 70020 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16 2007, 11:36

I started reading the books a little bit after the third one came out, because someone I hated told me that they sucked. Yes, that made me hate them even more after I finished reading them. I joined the wonderful world of fandom as soon as I finished the first book, complete with obsessing over random characters and attempting to use a stick as a wand. I am a true harry potter nerd!!!
Back to top Go down
ginnyunited
1st Year
1st Year

Female
Regist. date : 2007-10-14
Number of posts : 5673
Real First Name : Cassandra (aka. Cassie, Casey, Cass, Case)
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16 2007, 14:56

they came out when I was "small" so at first I hated them and when my mom read them to us I'd play in the other room with my little brother! then when the thrid came out i was old enough to really understand them and i loved them ever since and hear i sit a "harry potter freak" as my friends and sister say!
Back to top Go down
kathrineee_anne
5th Year
5th Year
kathrineee_anne

Female
Regist. date : 2007-08-11
Number of posts : 4857
Real First Name : Katherine
Warning :

House : slytherin.
Wand : Willow and Dragon Heartstring
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16 / 70016 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 28 2007, 18:11

I started reading them when I was 8, and got more into the fandom about 10. Yeah, when i was eight, I was that "dorky kid on the playground reading" with my glasses, and Harry Potter book on my lap, sitting on a swing. haha XD
Back to top Go down
http://z11.invisionfree.com/rpg_underground
hppamela
5th Year
5th Year
hppamela

Female
Regist. date : 2007-11-04
Number of posts : 5190
Real First Name : Pamela
Warning :

House : Gryffie Lion--Hear my roar!
Wand : Holly and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42 / 70042 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 28 2007, 18:48

guess what, guess what, guess what!~goosed

I didn't start reading them until I was 19. My dormmate at the time read the 3rd book to me after insisting that I couldn't call myself a fan until I had read the books. She made me promise I would try to read the fourth one. About a year later, I finally did, and I have been hooked ever since. I got into the fandom as soon as I finished the fifth one. I even have an editorial on mugglenet, which was really cool.
Back to top Go down
KatieBellaTrix
5th Year
5th Year
KatieBellaTrix

Female
Number of posts : 5236
Real First Name : Let's Leave it at Katie... XD
Warning :

House : Gryffindor Girlie
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue53 / 70053 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30 2007, 13:58

You should post the link. Thats really cool. I would love to read it.
Back to top Go down
Scrilla
1st Year
1st Year
Scrilla

Female
Regist. date : 2007-12-18
Number of posts : 785
Real First Name : Priscilla
Warning :

House : Brilliant Ravenclaw
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31 2008, 18:26

After I saw th efirst movie, I became literally obsessed
Back to top Go down
LOONYkim
1st Year
1st Year
LOONYkim

Female
Regist. date : 2007-10-08
Number of posts : 8321
Real First Name : some call me Ropie. thats good enough for you to know. xD
Warning :

House : witty and clever forever and ever!!! go ravenclaw!!!
Crest : When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Ravenc10
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue11 / 70011 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31 2008, 20:11

i saw the first movie in 4th grade i think(4yrs ago). then i saw the 2nd. i thought they were really good movies. in 6th grade was the first time i read the books.and heree's the order-2,4,1,3,6,5. (this was b4 the last one came out.)
then i really loved them and got all the hardcover versions for birthdays and christmases for like two years. i read them over and over, in order and got totally obsessed. i watched the movies and got them all. then i found this websites. i've probably watched goblet of fire..hmm... 30 TIMES. MOT EVEN LYING!
Back to top Go down
TwiLyght
1st Year
1st Year
TwiLyght

Female
Regist. date : 2008-01-29
Real First Name : Danielle
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 17:19

I started the first book toward the middle of September this year, and finished the entire series within three weeks. I loved all the books.
Back to top Go down
ginnyunited
1st Year
1st Year

Female
Regist. date : 2007-10-14
Number of posts : 5673
Real First Name : Cassandra (aka. Cassie, Casey, Cass, Case)
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 17:24

My mom read them to us so I got hooked! they are the best! G2G watch Stardust! Goodbye everyone!
Back to top Go down
TwiLyght
1st Year
1st Year
TwiLyght

Female
Regist. date : 2008-01-29
Real First Name : Danielle
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 17:38

Your mom read them to you? Lucky. I had to hide the books from my parents because they're convinced HP is evil. (I've never been happier to find out they were wrong!)

See ya!
Back to top Go down
pickles
2nd Year
2nd Year
pickles

Male
Country : When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Flag_u12
Regist. date : 2008-02-21
Number of posts : 6322
Real First Name : Matthew
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff! I'm like the only guy!
Crest : When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Huffle10
Wand : Oak & Heart Dragonstring
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue77 / 70077 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 08 2008, 11:18

well i was very young when the first books came out and to be honest i didn't know anything about the books i didn't even know there was a book call harry potter lol. Just before the first movie my brother got the firts (PS) book and my mum read it to us as a bed time story.... and soo on until my mum stopped reading to us and many years on after that i started reading i think i read my first harry potter book in 2005 (ootp) and the love developed from there, now i have read all the books over six times!
Back to top Go down
Jezebel
1st Year
1st Year
Jezebel

Female
Regist. date : 2008-06-09
Number of posts : 27
Real First Name : Lorraine
Warning :

House : Slytherin!!! Best Ever!!
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 11 2008, 09:00

I started reading them really late. I saw the first 2 movies, and they were brilliant. Then I remembered that my grandmother had bought me the first 2 books that she found at a garage sale. I picked the first one up and I read the first, maybe 3 chapters. Then I forgot about it. Then one day I was searching through my room for something, and I found the first book again. I picked it up, and I started to read it. I loved it. To this day, I still can't remember what it was that I was searching my room for. Haha.

This was, as I said, a long time after the books had been released. The first four books were already out in paperback. So I picked up the third book, and my aunt gave me the fourth one. And I got the fifth one, maybe a couple weeks after it first came out, in hardback that is. I was hooked. To me, the books were the greatest things I've ever read. I bought the sixth one, and read it in 2 days. And when the seventh one came out, I read it also in 2 days. They were the best.

I first got into the forums not long ago. I've been on one for a long time, and I wanted to see the other ones that they had. And I found, the Chamber of Secrets forum, and then I found this one, and I joined. It's been fun!
Back to top Go down
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :

House : ravenclaw
Crest : When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Ravenc10
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptySat May 23 2009, 23:15

Well right after the first movie came out I watched it with my sister who was already a fan. I was thinking about reading the books but I never did, why it's cause my sist er liked it so I was forbidden to like it according to our sister code XD

anywhoo so after the first movie came out and I watched it I was like this is awesome so i went and bought all of the books I could and read them and kept up with the series. By the time the third book came out my sister stopped reading the series XD lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
Arcadia
1st Year
1st Year
Arcadia

Female
Regist. date : 2010-02-08
Number of posts : 7
Real First Name : Marissa
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17 2010, 20:13

When I watched the first Harry Potter movie (theaters), then I got hooked. XD But didn't read the sixth, and seventh, till' last year... XP
Back to top Go down
http://www.marissamorton.com
LovelyBrains
1st Year
1st Year
LovelyBrains

Female
Regist. date : 2010-02-17
Number of posts : 5
Real First Name : Lauren
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18 2010, 16:54

I think it was 6 years ago that i started reading them. I was suppose to read the first one out loud with my mom but that never happened so I started to read them on my own. So over 3-5 years, i collected all the books, first edition and have repededly read them all. I'm sure I'm due to read them again
Back to top Go down
amortentia773
Hufflepuff Head of House : CoMC & Mythology Professor : 5th Year
Hufflepuff Head of House : CoMC & Mythology Professor : 5th Year
amortentia773

Female
Country : When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Flag_a10
Regist. date : 2010-07-29
Number of posts : 17484
Real First Name : Katie
Warning :

Wand : Cherry & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue260 / 700260 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 11 2010, 07:11

My mom read them aloud to me and my siblings when they first came out but I was REALLY young then (it was more for my older brother and sister). Then when I was eight or nine I read them again and became completley obsessed.
Back to top Go down
http://lostamongfantasy.tumblr.com/
FaerieOfDoom
2nd Year
2nd Year
FaerieOfDoom

Female
Country : When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Flag_a10
Regist. date : 2008-06-07
Number of posts : 9270
Real First Name : Melanie
Warning :

Wand : Elm & Veela Hair
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19 / 70019 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12 2010, 03:47

My brother bought the books and I stole 'em a few years later. I was a late bloomer. ^_^
Back to top Go down
isparkle
1st Year
1st Year
isparkle

Female
Regist. date : 2010-08-12
Number of posts : 83
Real First Name : Lira
Warning :

House : Slytherin!
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19 2010, 11:37

I went to see the 1st movie with my mother and loved it so much, we immediately went to the book store and purchased the books. I believe 1-3 were out then, though I could be wrong. It was a while ago lol I've been hooked ever since, getting my new books at midnight and standing in looooong lines to go to all the midnight movie premiers! I've read a lot of books since, including young adult series, such as the Percy Jackson books and the Twilight books. Though I liked those, none have even come close to the way Potter is written, and how it captivated me so.
Back to top Go down
stephy
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :

House : ravenclaw
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19 2010, 20:29

Hahaha I think just about everyone liked the series after the first movie came out. i can say that if the movie didn't come out and mom didn't make me watch it than I would have never read the books or watched the movies. My sister told me I would like the books but I told her 'No I won't! I don't like what you like!' HAHAHA Thankfully mom made me watch the movie and I fell in love :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
FaerieOfDoom
2nd Year
2nd Year
FaerieOfDoom

Female
Regist. date : 2008-06-07
Number of posts : 9270
Real First Name : Melanie
Warning :

Wand : Elm & Veela Hair
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19 / 70019 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19 2010, 22:46

Those movies did wonders to the popularity of the books...
Back to top Go down
Samantha Granger
1st Year
1st Year
Samantha Granger

Female
Regist. date : 2007-08-20
Number of posts : 10257
Real First Name : Jayme
Warning :

House : Gryffindor!!!!
Award Bar :
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue55 / 70055 / 700When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28 2010, 17:57

I was in between classes in my second year of college and I had a couple hours to kill, so I went to the bookstore, and they had the first one. I got it, read it in one go, and was thouroughly addicted from then on. Only the first 2 were out by then, and then I had to pre-order and wait.
Back to top Go down
Gemma_Rules
1st Year
1st Year
Gemma_Rules

Female
Regist. date : 2011-09-07
Number of posts : 4
Real First Name : Gemma
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07 2011, 19:31

I read the first book when i was 7 years old, that was when HP3 came out in the movies. I saw all the films in the cinemas, and seeing the last one just made me cry. Literally.
The books are awesome, the movies are too, and i cant get enough of Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Draco, all of the loveable characters and their adventures.
I can never get tired of the books or the movies, I can watch and read them all day.
I will never be able to let Harry Potter go...

and as JK Rowling said,

"Hogwarts will always be here to welcome you Home."

harry potter
When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Z_serper When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Slytheri
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?   When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

When did you start reading HP books? Get into the fandom?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2