Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
A Journal of Impossible Things Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSA Journal of Impossible Things Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

A Journal of Impossible Things

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amy
Retired Deputy Head : 5th year
Retired Deputy Head : 5th year
Amy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 11746
Real First Name : Amy
Warning :
A Journal of Impossible Things Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3A Journal of Impossible Things Right_bar_bleue

House : Gryffindor
Crest : A Journal of Impossible Things Gryffi10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
A Journal of Impossible Things Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700A Journal of Impossible Things Right_bar_bleue

A Journal of Impossible Things Empty
PostSubject: A Journal of Impossible Things   A Journal of Impossible Things EmptySat Feb 02 2008, 08:00

I'm going to try and keep my HE diary updated! I had an old one, but never updated it. But with this one, I shall try!

...the trouble with novels is that they end on the last page

I'll start by posting some of my most recent LJ entries.

Recommended Reading

I’m an avid reader, so I thought I’d do a list of books I’ve read over the past year or so.

I’ve never been very good at writing short pieces about books that tell you enough to get you interested, so apologies for my attempts :D

(By the way, I’m not mentioning Harry Potter here. Cos, well, I don’t really need to recommend HP – everyone loves them :D)

The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

I’m sure a lot of you have read this series, but if not: what are you waiting for? There are currently three books in the series, Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse, with a fourth - Breaking Dawn, due out around autumn this year.

The series focuses on the character of Bella Swan, and her relationship with Edward Cullen: a vampire. If you’re put off by the thought of a vampire romance, don’t be, because these books are really very good. I don’t know of a single person who’s read them and disliked them, so that must say something!

Highly recommended.

The Gemma Doyle Series by Libba Bray

This trilogy has a lot of fans, but I’m not sure if it’s widely known. It tells the story of Gemma Doyle, a seventeen-year-old Victorian, who discovers that she has magical powers beyond her imagination.

The setting is mainly a boarding school named Spence, but we venture into Victorian London and all it’s shadows. These books have a little of everything: romance, mystery, adventure and intrigue, all wrapped up in great writing and characters.

This is a series I would also highly recommend – A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels and The Sweet Far Thing.

The Georgia Nicolson Series by Louise Rennison

Re-reading the Georgia books is like reuniting with an old friend. They’re hilariously funny, absolutely barking mad and very, very good.

It’s quite a long series – so far there are seven books, and I don’t think the series is over yet.

In reading order:

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging
It’s OK, I’m Wearing Really Big Knickers
Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas
Dancing in my Nuddy-Pants
…And That’s When It Fell Off In My Hand
…Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers
…Startled By His Furry Shorts
Luurve Is A Many Trousered Thing

Perhaps you can get the tone of the books from some of the titles! Seriously, don’t be put off by the fact that these books are marketed towards teenagers. I read the first one (and got it signed, squee!) when I was fourteen, but I’ve been a loyal reader of the series ever since.

These books are different from other teenage-diary books because Georgia and her friends are absolutely crackers. Barmy.

If you want a good laugh (though be careful not to read these in a public place – I did on the bus once and got a few funny looks when I couldn’t hold the giggles in) read this series!

Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman

This book has been a favourite of mine for a long time, but I always seem to forget it when I’m recommending books to others. Not this time!

Noughts and Crosses is a book about interracial relationships, but in a world where societies conventions are turned on their head. In the world Noughts and Crosses is set, there are two types of people: Noughts (white people) and Crosses (black people). The Crosses are the ruling class, with the highest paid jobs and best houses. The Noughts are the under class, and are treated with contempt and very little respect by the Crosses.

We come into this world from the points of view of Sephy – a Cross, and Callum – a Nought. Their friendship is already ridiculed by their classmates, and a blossoming romance becomes something forbidden and to be kept a secret.

A series of catastrophic events tests their love and results in a truly devastating finale.

Definitely read this book – but have a box of tissues at the ready!

There are three sequels – Knife Edge, An Eye For An Eye (very short – a World Book Day special), and Checkmate. Whilst all the books are worth reading, for a continuation of the characters lives, I think Noughts and Crosses is the best and perhaps works better as a stand-alone novel.

Uglies, Pretties and Specials by Scott Westerfeld

This series is set far into the future, where it is the norm to go off for an operation once you reach sixteen to be turned into a “Pretty” – a person with no physical imperfections.

This is a world of hover boards and zany slang, where being an “Ugly” means you can be reviled and ridiculed.

The story of Uglies is told from the point of view of Tally Youngblood, a fifteen-year-old who is yet to have the operation to turn her into a Pretty. Her best friend, Shay, is having doubts about the operation, and runs away to the Smoke, what is left of the “Rusty” civilisation – which I take to mean the remains of our world.

Tally must decide whether to follow her friend and deny herself the chance of ever being ‘Pretty’ or whether to follow the conventions she’s been taught about all her life.

This is a very edgy trilogy (well, he’s actually released a new book called Extras, which I’ve read but don’t think is as good as the first three), which I would recommend!
Back to top Go down
http://amyxaphania.livejournal.com

A Journal of Impossible Things
Page 1 of 1