Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSMuggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class

Go down 
+4
KatieBellaTrix
hppamela
stephy
Severus Snape
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Severus Snape
5th Year
5th Year
Severus Snape

Male
Country : Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Flag_u12
Regist. date : 2006-02-21
Number of posts : 2829
Real First Name : Mick
Warning :
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin Ex-Head and back to second head!
Crest : Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Slythe10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Left_bar_bleue20 / 70020 / 700Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Right_bar_bleue

Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Empty
PostSubject: Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class   Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class EmptySat Mar 01 2008, 16:27

Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble
Debate and Discussion Class

Muggles or Wizards, easy or hard, magic or normality?

These are the questions which you must face in this discussion class.
Which race is more advanced? Which has the easiest life? What are the pros and cons for each.

Look at both muggle and wizard ways of life and discuss

You can earn up to 100 points for this class so research and discuss to your hearts content
Back to top Go down
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
stephy

Female
Country : Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Flag_u10
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Right_bar_bleue

House : ravenclaw
Crest : Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Ravenc10
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class   Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class EmptySat Mar 01 2008, 22:53

I believe that muggles have the eaiser life. Yes they have to go and find out complicated ways of getting around those things that they cant do like flying unlike the wizards who just jump on a broom and off they go but unlike muggles, wizards have to learn a lot of spells. Wizards have to learn so many compliacted spells and with wand movement just to be able to do a simple spell and if they do either one of these incorectly then something bad can happen. Muggles have all of these machines and all they have to do with them is to make sure that they are working properly and if not then they fix it. They dont have to remeber long compliacted words or have to remember how to wave a wand correctly. That is why I think that a muggle life is eaiser than a wizard's life
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
hppamela
5th Year
5th Year
hppamela

Female
Regist. date : 2007-11-04
Number of posts : 5190
Real First Name : Pamela
Warning :

House : Gryffie Lion--Hear my roar!
Crest : Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Gryffi10
Wand : Holly and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Left_bar_bleue42 / 70042 / 700Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class   Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class EmptySun Mar 02 2008, 08:01

While I certainly see your point, I disagree with you. I think that, in modern times, there is a balance. While the wizarding world does have it a bit harder mentally, muggles lives are more physically difficult. Yes, wizards have to learn complicated spells and potions, but they don't have to learn more difficult academic lessons. They don't have to deal with algebra and physics. I think that evens out the scale that way.

If we were to talk of the past, I would say the muggles had it far more difficult. It's not been that long since they've had such technological conveniences as washing machines, cars, and computers. Everything was manual. At that time, wizards had surely had some sort of spell to wash clothes without work, they certainly had convenient transportation, and they never really had any use for computers.

I don't think either "race" is more advanced either. In some ways each one is more advanced than the other. That, again, balances the scales. While muggles are more technologically advanced, wizards are more advanced as far as society goes. They have found ways around fighting over religion, race, gender, etc. There are fewer wizarding wars than there are muggle wars. But hey, muggles aren't still using candles.

I'm aware that I took an easy way out. I didn't really take a side, but it's just the way I feel. Balance is important to the world. I feel that without balance, we would fall apart. If the scale tipped one way or the other, it would be unjust. Personally, I am glad that no one society has it easier than another.
Back to top Go down
KatieBellaTrix
5th Year
5th Year
KatieBellaTrix

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 5236
Real First Name : Let's Leave it at Katie... XD
Warning :

House : Gryffindor Girlie
Crest : Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Gryffi10
Award Bar :
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Left_bar_bleue53 / 70053 / 700Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class   Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class EmptySun Mar 02 2008, 11:14

I think that muggles have the easier life. I think that Pamela has brought up some great points but I think that Wizards have it harder. In my opinoin, muggles have less power, they can't to as much damage by themselves as wizards can, and therefore have more responsibility. They are also thrust into adulthood earlier. They come of age a year earlier than muggles and besides that they have to leave home at the tender age of eleven without their parents. I do understand that muggles can go to boarding school too but that is in a minority and it's more of an option. I know that all wiards don't have to go to Hogwarts but I can't imagine a mother trying to teach her child all the things they learn at Hogwarts.

In addition to the added responsibility Wuzards have to be careful not to expoase themselves. Muggles can be blatanly muggles their entrire lives and be perfectly happy. Wizards on the other hand have to act like something their not everytime they go out into muggle inhabited areas.
Back to top Go down
Ilyria
5th Year
5th Year
Ilyria

Female
Regist. date : 2006-09-20
Number of posts : 2448
Location : IN MY GINGERBREAD HOUSE NEXT TO AMBY IN THE GAMES FORUM IM ADOPTED BY GINNY AND FATED!!
Real First Name : Lizzie
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw: THE OFFICIAL H.E. GHOST!
Award Bar :
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class   Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class EmptyMon Mar 03 2008, 11:12

I debated on both sides and kept asking myself the question on which community has it easier, I also read everything above on this subject, though to be honest, I have come up with the conclusion that both communities have it just as hard.

It is unfair to assume a whole community to be the same. A muggle person who is extremely rich may have it easier than a young pregnant teenager living on the streets, yet they are in the same community, and the same with the muggle community - A wizard with money, education, a good job etc etc would have had it easier than perhaps someone like Neville who has had to live with his parents condition all of his life.

This is why I stand on the fence with this subject, not a cop-out as many may believe, yet a considered decision
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat
2nd Year
2nd Year
drkangelcat

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-01
Number of posts : 4340
Real First Name : Cat
Warning :

House : Slytherin's Official Nut
Wand : Willow & Veela Hair
Award Bar :
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Left_bar_bleue68 / 70068 / 700Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class   Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class EmptyMon Mar 10 2008, 17:53

They are both easier in there own way. Muggles don't have to learn a bunch of complicated spells, but wizards don't have to work so hard to do things after they learn the spells and can also transport easier.

I would say wizards are more advanced because they have magic and muggle technology at their dispense, while muggles only have their non-magical things and will typically never have certain things wizards do.
Back to top Go down
http://drkangelkitty.deviantart.com
Just_Ginny
1st Year
1st Year
Just_Ginny

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-26
Number of posts : 10804
Real First Name : Rachel
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff! HUFF PUFF BADGERS FOR THE WIN!
Award Bar :
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Left_bar_bleue25 / 70025 / 700Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class   Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class EmptyThu Mar 13 2008, 20:07

Well, muggles certainly don't have the easiest lives. They've got to get around many things, like their methods of travel could kill them if one thing goes wrong. Their quick fixes for things really don't fix things as quickly as witches or wizards, almost everything has to be done by hand-except for in the case of computers, but really, how many muggles are computer geniuses? At muggle school, students have to learn things that many suspect they won't ever need in life. Whereas at wizarding schools, everything you learn there will pretty much help you out in some way or another.

As for one race being more advanced than the other, I can't really say that one is more advanced than the other. Wizards have the magic, but they don't have quite the same technological advances. Muggles don't use telephones or cellphones, they use fireplaces or mirrors. Those are a bit more bulky to carry around, don't you think? Then again, Muggles can't simply appear and reappear wherever they want. On this point, I stand unconvinced one way or the other.

Back to the easier lives thing, however. Wizards do have a lot more responsibility, as Katie mentioned. They've got to make sure that muggles don't find out about them, for instance. Not exactly an easy thing when your three year old is belching bubbles out on your front lawn, or levitating the cat.

So, generally, I am on the fence as well. I know it seems a bit of a bad way to go in this debate, I feel like I can't make myself budge either way.
Back to top Go down
http://charmedchildren.proboards51.com
pickles
2nd Year
2nd Year
pickles

Male
Regist. date : 2008-02-21
Number of posts : 6322
Real First Name : Matthew
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff! I'm like the only guy!
Crest : Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Huffle10
Wand : Oak & Heart Dragonstring
Award Bar :
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Left_bar_bleue77 / 70077 / 700Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class   Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class EmptyWed Jun 25 2008, 10:30

I stringly believe that muggles have an easier life. I think this because wizards and witches have pressure to be magical, they are mostly shunned if they choose to live the life of a non-magical life

Code:
I have an uncle that works as an accountant we don't talk to him: Ronald Weasley

this is a classical case were the magical person is not accepted for what they want to be.

Another reason i think that muggles have an easier life is that they have more luxeries than witches and wizards.
TVs, radios and cars are just some of the things that make life easier for muggles. Witches and wizards may have brooms, wands the floo network but they can't use them to get about incase of muggle detection, whereas muggles are much more free in their transport.

My last reason why muggles have an easier life is that they have more acceptance on what they wear, in the first book Vernon complains about the witches and wizards atire. With muggles this doesn't happen, witches and wizards sometimes have to wear muggles clothes so they don't find them as unusual as muggles find wizard clothes,

(I hope i made sense)
Back to top Go down
Severus Snape
5th Year
5th Year
Severus Snape

Male
Regist. date : 2006-02-21
Number of posts : 2829
Real First Name : Mick
Warning :

House : Slytherin Ex-Head and back to second head!
Award Bar :
Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Left_bar_bleue20 / 70020 / 700Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class   Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class EmptyWed Jul 23 2008, 12:09

Although I am no longer your professor for this class, I have been asked to mark this class for your current professor.

Without further ado, here are your marks

RAVENCLAW
stephy 30
Ilyria 30

GRYFFINDOR
hppamela 35
KatieBellaTrix 30

SLYTHERIN
drkangelcat 25

HUFFLEPUFF
Just_Ginny 35
pickles 30
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class   Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class Empty

Back to top Go down

Muggle Muggle Toil and Trouble - Debate and Discussion Class
Page 1 of 1