Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
Chosen Names Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
Chosen Names Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
Chosen Names Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
Chosen Names Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
Chosen Names Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
Chosen Names Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
Chosen Names Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
Chosen Names Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
Chosen Names Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
Chosen Names Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
Chosen Names Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
Chosen Names Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
Chosen Names Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
Chosen Names Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
Chosen Names Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSChosen Names Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Chosen Names

Go down 
+3
Elana
hppamela
stephy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :
Chosen Names Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Chosen Names Right_bar_bleue

House : ravenclaw
Crest : Chosen Names Ravenc10
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Chosen Names Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700Chosen Names Right_bar_bleue

Chosen Names Empty
PostSubject: Chosen Names   Chosen Names EmptySun Mar 22 2009, 20:44

Head Girl here bringing you another exciting assignments and this one will be sort of like Arithmancy and You! but instead of using your own name we'll be using names that you like.

Part One:

Well all have names that we like and ones that we don't like. Me for instance like the name Fredrick but I don't like the name Fred. Close to the same thing don't you think? We'll for this assgnment I want you to pick two names that you like and two names that you don't like. Than go to this site and determine the name's Character, Heart and Social numbers.

Possible Points: 40

Part Two:

Now that you figured out thier name's Character, Heart and Social numbers now let's see what they mean. After reading what each one says about the name try top determine whether or not this means that you like the name or dislike the name.

For instance Fredrick's character number is 2

Quote :
Two represents interaction, two-way communication, cooperation, and balance. Twos are imaginative, creative, and sweet natured. Peace, harmony, commitment, loyalty, and fairness are characteristic. But two also introduces the idea of conflict, opposing forces, and the contrasting sides of things: night and day, good and evil. Twos can be withdrawn, moody, self-conscious and indecisive.

And the character number for Fred is 6

Quote :
Six represents harmony, friendship, and family life. Sixes are loyal, reliable, and loving. They adapt easily. They do well in teaching and the arts, but are often unsuccessful in business. They are prone to gossip and complacency.

This shows that I mgiht perfer Fredrick because it says that two's are imaginative, creative, and sweet natured, something I all like whereas I might not like fred because it says Number 6's are prone to gossip, something that I don't like.

What about you?? In no less than 200 words say what the results mean for you.

Possible points: 60

Possible points all together: 100

Bonus 50 points for best student plus name added to the Hall of Fame at the end of the term.
100 Point to the House with most Students taking Part at the end of the term.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
hppamela
5th Year
5th Year
hppamela

Female
Regist. date : 2007-11-04
Number of posts : 5190
Real First Name : Pamela
Warning :

House : Gryffie Lion--Hear my roar!
Crest : Chosen Names Gryffi10
Wand : Holly and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Chosen Names Left_bar_bleue42 / 70042 / 700Chosen Names Right_bar_bleue

Chosen Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chosen Names   Chosen Names EmptyFri Mar 27 2009, 02:42

This was a pretty cool class for me as I’m going to have a child. For my two liked names I went with the two I am looking at for my baby: Serena and Thomas.

Serena
Character: 8
Heart: 2
Social: 6

Thomas
Character: 4
Heart: 7
Social: 6

I at some point had changed my mind about Serena, but I couldn’t pick another name. I was also looking for middle names for boys. My dad suggested Charmaine for a girl. I like that name technically, but it was his high school sweetheart who he wouldn’t wreck things with if he had it to do over again (meaning I would never have been born). My aunt suggested Thatcher, which sounds too much like someone who splits people’s skulls with an axe. I just found out thought that thatch doesn’t mean split. Still don’t like the name, though. Moving on…

Charmaine
Character: 9
Heart: 7
Social: 2

Thatcher
Character: 2
Heart: 6
Social: 5

So…I’ll start by comparing and contrasting the girl names. Serena’s character number would be 8.
Quote :
Eight indicates the possibility of great success in business, finance, and politics. Eights are practical, ambitious, committed, and hard working. They can also be jealous, greedy, domineering, and power-hungry. Eight is said to be the most unpredictable of numbers and can indicate the pinnacle of success or the depths of failure; the potential to go either way is present from the beginning.
Sounds like a little Slytherin. This may sound strange, but I admire most of these qualities. The way I look at greed, dominance, and the tendency to strive for power is that usually these traits are attributed to people in positions below them, whether at work or in some other situation. Greed is the desire to make the most money one can. If it doesn’t get in the way, that’s a good thing. Most relationships, whether work-related, romantic, friendly, what have you, involve a dominant person and a less dominant person. It’s balance. Sometimes the balance comes from a constant switching back and forth, but that seems less common. One thing in particular stuck out about Serena’s heart number.
Quote :
Twos can be withdrawn, moody, self-conscious and indecisive.
If we were to pick this name, this could well be true. I tend to show a face of confidence and self-assurance. Inside, I’m the opposite. I’m hoping the poor dear doesn’t inherit that tendency. Her social number would be six, which would also exhibit traits that would run in the family:
Quote :
Six represents harmony, friendship, and family life. Sixes are loyal, reliable, and loving.
That’s how her father and I are and appear to the outside world. Those are some qualities I would definitely like her to inherit.

Charmaine’s character number, nine, has a meaning that also appeals to me. It appeals more than Serena’s, even.
Quote :
Represents completion and achievement to the fullest degree (as it is the complete number, three, expressed three times). Nines dedicate themselves to service, often as teachers, scientists, and humanitarians. Strongly determined, they work tirelessly and are an inspiration to others. However, they can also be arrogant and conceited when things don't go their way.
That last line is something that I tend toward, and I know from experience that it can be worked around. I like that they are hard workers who care for others. I would love for any child of mine to be like that…as long as she cared for herself too. For the most part I like the thought of what her inner self would be like, but the traits she would possess are not extremely important in my mind, at least compared to others. Sevens are
Quote :
perceptive, understanding, and bright, sevens enjoy hard work and challenges. They are often serious, scholarly, and interested in all things mysterious.
The outward face she would show, due to her heart number of nine would reflect a desire for peace, harmony, commitment, loyalty, and fairness. That’s all well and good, but not if that’s only the outside face.

Let’s see how I feel about Thomas and Thatcher.

Thomas would have a character score of four. Right away this appeals, as it is my lucky number. That partially changed when I read the meaning.
Quote :
Like a table that rests solidly on four legs, four indicates stability and firmness. Fours enjoy hard work. They are practical, reliable and down to earth; they prefer logic and reason to flights of fancy. They are good at organization and getting things done. Like the cycle of the four seasons, they are also predictable. They can be stubborn, suspicious, overly practical and prone to angry outbursts. The conflicts possible in "two" are doubled in four. I like the thought of my child being logical, practical, and reliable.
These are wonderful traits, ones that I have striven to adapt into my lifestyle. Those flights of fancy, though, are positive things. Imagination, creativity, and emotions are important. I can’t imagine being able to keep myself entertained without my imagination. I just slip into a daydream, and next thing I know, whatever is forcing me to be bored is over. My imagination has gotten me through rough things. I imagined the scenarios possible if I ever was robbed at gunpoint. When it happened a few years ago, I handled it amazingly well. When I had to have an M.R.I. done once in high school, I visualized the entire show we were preparing for show choir. I practiced it all in my head, so I wouldn’t be panicky about being enclosed. I suppose he could always practice his mathematics tables in his head when he’s bored or frightened. Thomas would have the same heart number as Charmaine. As I said above that one does appeal to me for the most part. My only concern is that his drive to learn would get him into trouble like it has done to me in the past. His social number is six, which is the same as Serena’s. As stated before, I really like the traits he would show to the world as a six.

Thatcher’s character number would be two.
Quote :
Two represents interaction, two-way communication, cooperation, and balance. Twos are imaginative, creative, and sweet natured. Peace, harmony, commitment, loyalty, and fairness are characteristic. But two also introduces the idea of conflict, opposing forces, and the contrasting sides of things: night and day, good and evil. Twos can be withdrawn, moody, self-conscious and indecisive.
So, if this is correct, he probably wouldn’t be likely to split skulls with axes. I like nearly everything about this number. I even look at the conflict as a positive thing: balance is good and healthy. Again, it does concern me that he might inherit the traits listed in the very last sentence. Six makes an appearance yet again, but this time it’s in Thatcher’s inner self. Inner harmony is a great thing. Maybe it comes from the balance he exhibits thanks to his character number. I don’t like five in the least.
Quote :
Five is the number of instability and imbalance, indicating change and uncertainty. Fives are drawn to many things at once but commit to none. They are adventurous, energetic and willing to take risks. They enjoy travel and meeting new people but may not stay in one place very long. Fives can be conceited, irresponsible, quick-tempered and impatient.
The only thing that doesn’t concern me about that is that it’s the face he shows to the outside world, meaning it may well be a defense mechanism. Even that’s not so good.

In the end, if I had to choose one of these names and could only base my decision on arithmancy, I would choose Charmaine for a girl. I like the traits shown by Serena’s numbers, but Charmaine’s appeal to me more. I would still choose Thomas, though. It almost looked like I would go with Thatcher, but once I read his social number, it was set in stone. Thankfully, I don’t have to choose any of these names and certainly don’t have to base it in arithmancy.

//I hope that it's not too obnoxiously long. As I said it was extra-fun for me. Also, I wrote it at 3 am, which my explain the unusual directions I went.\\
Back to top Go down
Elana
5th Year
5th Year
Elana

Female
Regist. date : 2006-04-16
Number of posts : 7562
Real First Name : Elana
Warning :

House : RAVENCLAW!
Crest : Chosen Names Ravenc10
Wand : Willow and Unicorn Tail Hair
Award Bar :
Chosen Names Left_bar_bleue93 / 70093 / 700Chosen Names Right_bar_bleue

Chosen Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chosen Names   Chosen Names EmptyThu May 14 2009, 17:18

Thanks for the fun class, Stephy!

Evelyn

5 + 4 + 5 + 3 + 7 + 5 = 29 = 2 + 9 = 11 = 1 + 1 = 2 CHARACTER NUMBER

5 + 5 = 10 = 1 + 0 = 1 HEART NUMBER

4 + 3 + 7 + 5 = 19 = 1 + 9 = 10 = 1 + 0 = 1 SOCIAL NUMBER

Emmett

5 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 22 = 2 + 2 = 4 CHARACTER NUMBER

4 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 12 = 1 + 2 = 3 SOCIAL NUMBER

Dislikes

Elsbeth

5 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 5 + 2 + 8 = 26 = 2 + 6 = 8 CHARACTER NUMBER

3 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 8 = 16 = 1 + 6 = 7 SOCIAL NUMBER

Edwin

5 + 4 + 5 + 9 + 5 = 28 = 2 + 8 = 10 = 1 + 0 = 1 CHARACTER NUMBER

5 + 9 = 14 = 1 + 4 = 5 HEART NUMBER

4 + 5 + 5 = 14 = 1 + 4 = 5 SOCIAL NUMBER

I'll just work my way down from the top for the analysis.

Evelyn: 2, 1, 1

Quote :
2. Twos represents interaction, two-way communication, cooperation, and balance. Twos are imaginative, creative, and sweet natured. Peace, harmony, commitment, loyalty, and fairness are characteristic. But two also introduces the idea of conflict, opposing forces, and the contrasting sides of things: night and day, good and evil. Twos can be withdrawn, moody, self-conscious and indecisive.

When I read this, I admit I got really excited. This fits a character I wrote named Evelyn to a T! Also, the qualities that this name's character number contains are ones I admire. I also like the opposing forces bit it includes. So, the sweet little Two has inner conflict? Makes for an interesting character :D

Quote :
1. This is the number of the individual, the solitary unit. Ones are independent, focused, and determined. They set a goal and stick to it. They are leaders and inventors. Ones find it difficult to work with others and don't like to take orders. They can be self-centered, egotistical, and domineering. They are often loners.

Again, I'm happy to find this fits with my character...not as well as 2, but parts do. I enjoy the bit about not taking orders, but am not too happy about the loner and conceitedness bits.

Emmett: 4, 1, 3

Quote :
4. Like a table that rests solidly on four legs, four indicates stability and firmness. Fours enjoy hard work. They are practical, reliable and down to earth; they prefer logic and reason to flights of fancy. They are good at organization and getting things done. Like the cycle of the four seasons, they are also predictable. They can be stubborn, suspicious, overly practical and prone to angry outbursts. The conflicts possible in "two" are doubled in four.

This is working out so well :D

Fitting another character I wrote awesomely XD

I'm pleased to see the stability and practicality characteristic in fours, although the angry outbursts part isn't too pleasing. Ah well - we all have our faults, eh?

1. (See Evelyn's for 1 information ^^)

I admire the independence and determination seen in ones, but, again, not happy with the conceitedness bit.

Quote :
3. Three represents the idea of completeness or wholeness, as in the threesomes past-present-future and mind-body-spirit. Three indicates talent, energy, an artistic nature, humor, and social ease. Threes are often lucky, easygoing, and highly successful, but they can also be unfocused, easily offended, and superficial.

Superficiality? Not a good trait, no, no, no. However, the talent, humor, and wholeness appeal to me.

Elsbeth: 8, 1, 7

Quote :
8. Eight indicates the possibility of great success in business, finance, and politics. Eights are practical, ambitious, committed, and hard working. They can also be jealous, greedy, domineering, and power-hungry. Eight is said to be the most unpredictable of numbers and can indicate the pinnacle of success or the depths of failure; the potential to go either way is present from the beginning.

I'm liking the success of eights, but jealousy, greed, and being power hungry? Not a fan. Also, the instability does not appeal to me in the least.

I was surprised to see a number that popped up in my "Likes" come into my "Dislikes," but there are parts about this number that I'm not happy about, as I've already spoken about.

Quote :
7. Perceptive, understanding, and bright, sevens enjoy hard work and challenges. They are often serious, scholarly, and interested in all things mysterious. Originality and imagination are more important than money and material possessions. Sevens can also be pessimistic, sarcastic, and insecure.

I'm actually a fan of seven's characteristics - dangit! (One of my numbers - well, Elana's - is seven :D) I love the parts about mystery and challenges, but pessimism annoys me. Very, very much. Can't stand it, so I guess this name does fit well into "Dislike."

Edwin: 1, 5, 5

Just going to pound these points home, I guess XD I admire individuality, but don't much like egotistical people.

Quote :
5. Five is the number of instability and imbalance, indicating change and uncertainty. Fives are drawn to many things at once but commit to none. They are adventurous, energetic and willing to take risks. They enjoy travel and meeting new people but may not stay in one place very long. Fives can be conceited, irresponsible, quick-tempered and impatient.

I admire the five's willingness to take risks and love of travel, but don't much like the instability or conceit.

---

So...do my chosen names really belong where I put them? I was mostly pleased, but a few bits of each number's description didn't quite fit. But they shouldn't, should they? The number shouldn't define the person but add to understanding them and open up possibilities.

(End note: Since Evelyn and Emmett were names I picked for characters in the book Jenn and I wrote, I was very pleased to see they had the same heart number...they end up together and I thought that was really cute ^^)
Back to top Go down
http://theunlockedcloset.moonfruit.com/
Raistlin The Wizard
Headmaster : Slytherin Head of House: Astronomy Professor : 1st Year : Master of All
Headmaster : Slytherin Head of House: Astronomy Professor : 1st Year : Master of All
Raistlin The Wizard

Male
Regist. date : 2006-07-26
Number of posts : 11497
Real First Name : Lost in the mists of time...
Warning :
Chosen Names Left_bar_bleue3 / 33 / 3Chosen Names Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin!
Crest : Chosen Names Slythe10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Chosen Names Left_bar_bleue700 / 700700 / 700Chosen Names Right_bar_bleue

Chosen Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chosen Names   Chosen Names EmptyTue Jul 14 2009, 10:37

Well done you two here are your marks:

hppamela - (20 + 51 = 71) Chosen Names Smilie13

Elana - (40 + 32 = 72) Chosen Names Smilie13

Please remember that with the new classes rules
you may keep doing classes after they're marked as they are now always
open, so I'll keep waiting for your works.
Back to top Go down
amberg93
Deputy Head : Gryffindor HoH : Arithmancy & Arts & Muggle Studies Professor : 5th Year
Deputy Head : Gryffindor HoH : Arithmancy & Arts & Muggle Studies Professor : 5th Year
amberg93

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-11
Number of posts : 16910
Real First Name : Amber/Amby :D
Warning :

House : Gryffindor!
Award Bar :
Chosen Names Left_bar_bleue391 / 700391 / 700Chosen Names Right_bar_bleue

Chosen Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chosen Names   Chosen Names EmptyTue Jul 21 2009, 11:35

Like:
Milo

4 + 9 + 3 + 6 = 2 + 2 = 4 Character Number
9 + 6 = 1 + 5 = 6 Heart Number
4 + 3 = 7 Social Number

Dislike:
Miles

4 + 9 + 3 + 1 = 1 + 7 = 4 Character Number
9 + 5 = 1 + 4 = 5 Heart Number
4 + 3 + 1 = 8 Social Number

Like:
Taylor

2 + 1 + 7 + 3 + 6 + 9 = 2 + 8 = 1 +0 = 1 Character Number
1 + 6 = 7 Heart Number
2 + 7 + 3 + 9 = 2 + 1 = 3 Social Number

Dislike:
Taya

2 + 1 + 7 + 1 = 1 + 1 = 2 Character Number
1 + 1 = 2 Heart Number
2 + 7 = 9 Social Number

Alright I'm probably going to do this a bit odd but whatever XD

Character Number

Quote :
This number indicates the general personality type of the individual.

Milo: 4

Quote :
Like a table that rests solidly on four legs, four indicates stability and firmness. Fours enjoy hard work. They are practical, reliable and down to earth; they prefer logic and reason to flights of fancy. They are good at organization and getting things done.

Immedately I love the start of the Character number. Stability is something that is always good in a person and that usually means that they are someone who you can trust to be around and go to when you need them. I also love the fact that they are logical and reasonable while still down to earth because a lot of times when having problems that's exactly the type of person that you need to have around you. They can point out things that most people will overlook in their emotional states. Also, their organization is a trusty tool to have around especially with people like me who can't keep anything straight. I've always admired someone who can get their work done and enjoy when I have a chance to actually work with them so I'd like to have them around for that reason. Overall, the four has quite a few things about them that would attract me to them.

Miles: 4

Admittedly I wasn't too pleased to find the same number twice for the like and dislike as a character number but there are quite a few things that could turn me off to fours as well.

Quote :
Like the cycle of the four seasons, they are also predictable. They can be stubborn, suspicious, overly practical and prone to angry outbursts. The conflicts possible in "two" are doubled in four.

Quote :
Twos can be withdrawn, moody, self-conscious and indecisive.

First, I was tworn on my opinion on the predictable part. Predictability can be nice and safe but at the same time after a while it get's a bit boring so having someone always be so predictable isn't exactly a plus side either. Obviously being overly stubborn isn't helpful to anyone and I can tend to get a bit annoyed with people who are closed minded and suspicious. While practicallity is good, it can also be a horrible quality to have when there is too much because often times an overly practical person will ignore emotion all together and I do need someone to help me with my emotions as well. Angry outbursts, more often than not tend to either make me sad or upset myself so I can't say that I enjoy them either. I also tend to get annoyed with people who are withdrawn and moody since I tend to think it as something personal. I can't say much about self-consciousness since I am quite a bit too but I'm not too pleased with indecisiviness either. I like someone who can make their mind up and changing it all the time exhausts even me. So, while as pointed out in Milo's thing fours can be good for me I also think that they can be pretty bad for me.

Taylor: 1

Quote :
This is the number of the individual, the solitary unit. Ones are independent, focused, and determined. They set a goal and stick to it. They are leaders and inventors. Ones find it difficult to work with others and don't like to take orders. They can be self-centered, egotistical, and domineering. They are often loners.

I really like the first part about a one being an individual because it means that they don't need a lot of help and personally I'm not really the best person for people to be around when they need help with a lot of stuff. Nor, have I ever really been a fan of friends who look to me for ideas all the time so to have someone around that doesn't need that is always a good thing. I also quite like the fact that they are such determined and focused people who have a goal and stick to it. These are the types of people that I like to surround myself with because you know someone isn't going to just come around and easily push them into doing something that they didn't want to really do. Having a leader around is always always a good thing and someone who can inventate is even better, each trait comes in handy loads of times in a day and helps to get things done that need to be done.

There are a couple of things that I don't like about the one like the egotistical side and being loners but those traits can pale in comparison with everything else that there is to like about the one.

Taya: 2 ((also for heart number))

Quote :

While there are a couple of things that I do really enjoy about the two, including many of the first things listed it's kind of hard to enjoy it when a person is so contradicting to themselves. It is often said that of the good and the bad that a person does the bad will be better remembered. So if a person is only exhibiting the good qualities half the time and then bringing out the opposite of it it wouldn't do too much good to have them around. And if anything I think it would annoy me possibly more than most other negitive qualities since you could never be quite sure which side the person you would get when you needed them. And as stated in Miles' character assesment I'm not pleased with a withdrawn, moody or indecisive nature.

So, for the most part the two does fit pretty well into my dislike side for those reasons.

Heart Number

Quote :
This number represents the individual's inner life and can indicate desires and fears hidden from others.

Milo: 6

Quote :
Six represents harmony, friendship, and family life. Sixes are loyal, reliable, and loving. They adapt easily. They do well in teaching and the arts, but are often unsuccessful in business. They are sometimes prone to gossip and complacency.

I think that as far as having such traits as an inner life and desires this is an amazing number to have. Harmony, friendship and family life are all really amazing things and admireable as well. Keeping things in harmony isn't an easy thing to do so I always admire those who are able to do so. Friendship and family life are also extremely important things and to me especially. I think it's pretty important to try and balance friendship and family. Loyality, reliability and a loving nature are all pretty much the jackpot for anyone if you think about it, especially when talking about a heart number. Those qualities are some of the biggest ones a person can have as well as the ability to adapt. I'm perfectly fine with a person who is unsuccessful in business because I perfer both teaching and the arts over a buisness professional.

Although gossiping and complacency aren't really good things if you consider everything else it's enough to cancel them out and make Milo a great name for a heart number ^.^

Miles: 5

Quote :
Five is the number of instability and imbalance, indicating change and uncertainty. Fives are drawn to many things at once but commit to none. They are adventurous, energetic and willing to take risks. They enjoy travel and meeting new people but may not stay in one place very long. Fives can be conceited, irresponsible, quick-tempered and impatient.

For a heart number I believe five is one of the worst that you can get. No one likes someone who is instable and can't assure anything for sure. While it is good to be ambitious, trying to take on everything and ending up not putting any effort into anything isn't anything worth admiring. Also, taking risks can be a good thing but taking too many of them never really pays off either so I'm not too high on that. Again with the inability to stay in one place doesn't make them very reliable and as I've stated before I like relability. Concietedness and irresponsibility are qualities that I dislike extremely and usually end up wanting to smack such people. Quick-temperedness and impaitence don't sit well with me either and often produce the same response of wanting to hit people like that.

Most everything about the number five spells out dislike.

Taylor: 7

Quote :
Perceptive, understanding, and bright, sevens enjoy hard work and challenges. They are often serious, scholarly, and interested in all things mysterious. Originality and imagination are more important than money and material possessions. Sevens can also be pessimistic, sarcastic, and insecure.

I'm extremely pleased with this number ^.^ Most all the qualities listed are quite great to have in a friend. Everyone wants someone who is perceptive, understanding and yet still bright and enjoy hard work and challenges. Yet, it still says that they are serious and scholarly and interested in things mysterious proving that it's possible for a person to be a good balance of serious and fun at the same time. I also like the fact that it says that they find originality and imagination more important than money or material possessions because I pretty much feel the same and again it proves that they're really a down to earth type of person.

The only thing that I can really find to dislike is a pessimistic nature because I'm fine with sarcasm and I'd be a hypocrite to dislike someone because they're insecure.

Social Number

Quote :
This number represents the outer personality, the face an individual shows to the outside world.

Milo: 7

If you look up at Taylor's heart number you'll see exactly why I love this number but I'd like to add that having it as a social number is also pretty great because if someone can show their personality like that to the other world it makes them a better person in my eyes. Someone who isn't afraid to admit that they are serious and scholarly but don't have to act stuck up or interested in what their seriousness and scholarliness can bring them. Even more reason to love a seven ^.^

Miles: 8

Quote :
Eight indicates the possibility of great success in business, finance, and politics. Eights are practical, ambitious, committed, and hard working. They can also be jealous, greedy, domineering, and power-hungry. Eight is said to be the most unpredictable of numbers and can indicate the pinnacle of success or the depths of failure; the potential to go either way is present from the beginning.

To me, the eight is practically the opposite of a seven. So, everything that I like about seven are teh things that I dislike in eight. I'm not exactly jealous of anyone who wants to spend their life in business, finance of politics because usually those are careers that involve stepping over a lot of people to get to the top and I dislike that idea entirely. I usually have little paitence for those who are jealous and greedy because it shows a lack of apperication for everything that they already have and that applies to the power-hungry part of it as well. Eights also don't provide a lot of stability either since they seem to always be from one extreme to another and never able to find a safe middle ground.

Taylor: 3

Quote :
Three represents the idea of completeness or wholeness, as in the threesomes past-present-future and mind-body-spirit. Three indicates talent, energy, an artistic nature, humor, and social ease. Threes are often lucky, easygoing, and highly successful, but they can also be unfocused, easily offended, and superficial.

I like the number three quite a bit. Being complete to me means that a person won't be so preoccupied with searching for more and that gives them more time to be able to sit back and enjoy everything that they already have. Also, I like their easygoing mind, artistic nature, energy and social ease. Each of those things are pretty amazing and would make me get along with a person like that pretty easily I'd like to think. Of course, it's also good to be talented, successful and lucky but these aren't as important as the other traits I'd think.

With the three I don't like the unfocused, easily offended and superficial bit. I like driven people and easily offended people tend to annoy me as do those that are superficial.

Taya: 9

Quote :
Represents completion and achievement to the fullest degree (as it is the complete number, three, expressed three times). Nines dedicate themselves to service, often as teachers, scientists, and humanitarians. Strongly determined, they work tirelessly and are an inspiration to others. However, they can also be arrogant and conceited when things don't go their way.

It is actually quite hard to find much to dislike about a nine. I think that the way that they're so dedicated is one of my favorite things about them and the way that they chose to decide to service is highly admirable. Strength and determination as well as a combination of hard work and insipration makes it a pretty good number to have. The arrogance and conceited bit are something that could be a bit bad to think on them. What good is doing hard work and inspiring others if you'er going to be arrogant? For the most part though I'll have to say that the 9 for Taya can't be placed in the dislike catergory.

Overall

I've found that with the exception of the social number of Taya, I pretty much think that based on Arithmancy I'm pretty right to like the names that I do and dislike those that I don't. Milo and Taylor are both names that have many good qualities attatched to them and for the most part Miles and Taya are names that don't have such great qualities to them. I wouldn't change anything about which names I like and dislike based on Arithmancy ^.^
Back to top Go down
http://www.heartofamerica.proboards49.com
Clafin
1st Year
1st Year
Clafin

Female
Regist. date : 2009-07-17
Number of posts : 10947
Real First Name : Caitee
Warning :

House : Gryffindor
Award Bar :
Chosen Names Left_bar_bleue112 / 700112 / 700Chosen Names Right_bar_bleue

Chosen Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chosen Names   Chosen Names EmptyTue Jul 28 2009, 06:58

<center>Part 1-
Character Number: 7
Heart Number : 6
Social Number: 1

Nicholas
Character Number: 9
Heart Number : 7
Social Number: 2

Dislikes:
Henry
Character Number: 7
Heart Number : 5

Samantha
Character Number: 5
Heart Number : 3

Part 2-

Demitria:

Demitria's character number is 7.
Quote :
7. Perceptive, understanding, and bright, sevens enjoy hard work and challenges. They are often serious, scholarly, and interested in all things mysterious. Originality and imagination are more important than money and material possessions. Sevens can also be pessimistic, sarcastic, and insecure.

Her heart number is 6.
Quote :
6. Harmony, friendship, and family life. Sixes are loyal, reliable, and loving. They adapt easily. They do well in teaching and the arts, but are often unsuccessful in business. They are sometimes prone to gossip and complacency.

And finally, her social number is 1.
Quote :
This is the number of the individual, the solitary unit. Ones are independent, focused, and determined. They set a goal and stick to it. They are leaders and inventors. Ones find it difficult to work with others and don't like to take orders. They can be self-centered, egotistical, and domineering. They are often loners.
I think that I like this name because it has the more than just one personality trait, which tends to contradict them. Someone with the name Demetria is often put into small social crowds and does fine with it, even though she is ready for more on the inside. They are usually strong, independent and hard working, which is something I respect deeply. However, they can also have their moments of self unsureness and insecurities from being a usual gossip topic. One thing that I don’t like about the social number is that it implies one with it to tend to be conceited and rude, which often leads one to being outcast by others. The heart number tells me that one with this name is more likely to take a profession in some sort of artistic branch not worrying about money, because it is something they are passionate about. That itself is a probably a big reason as to why I like this name, and it explains a lot. After looking further into the meanings of this name, I find that I draw myself towards it, because the traits are quite like myself, in every aspect apart from the social number.

Nicholas:
Nicholas’ character number is 9.
Quote :

Next is his heart number, which is 7.
Quote :
Perceptive, understanding, and bright, sevens enjoy hard work and challenges. They are often serious, scholarly, and interested in all things mysterious. Originality and imagination are more important than money and material possessions. Sevens can also be pessimistic, sarcastic, and insecure.

Last but not least is his social number, 2.
Quote :

I think the biggest reason as to why I like this name so much, is the social number that comes with it. I’m a big believer in having peace in life and trying to create, or keep it with others around myself. Loyalty and communication are big for me as well. I think without good communication skills, people today wouldn’t be advancing in any way, shape, or form. The same goes for imagination. I’m a very creative person so I think why this name stands out to me is rather obvious. People with this name are well balanced internally and have a good view on the life around them. I think it’s quite important to be able to have fun and be silly, but crack down on things when needed. Another thing that I found interesting is that people with this name tend to get an idea into their head and stick with it until they’ve completely carried it through, as well with promises. The introduction of conflict with others is something I agree with. There can’t truly be a good with out a bad and vice versa. The one thing that doesn’t necessarily find appealing is also in the social number. I don’t like that people with this name tend to be a bit more self conscious and moodier than others. Personally, I think that if you have problems like that, then you should try to deal with them by yourself instead of bringing other people into it and taking it out on them.

Henry
The character number is 7.
Quote :

His heart number is 5
Quote :

And his social number is 2
Quote :

Hmmm. Well, to start off with, I just now noticed that both of the names I don’t like are represented by the number 5. Coincidence? I don’t think so. The number five in Arithmancy stands for instability. This is never a good thing in my perspective. I don’t really like it when people don’t have a solid base and don’t commit to things easily. However, I do like that people represented by the number five are willing to take risks. I personally think that taking risks or deciding not to is a big part of how you chose to live and who you will become. I already mentioned that I don’t exactly like moody people, so that’s not helping “Henry’s” case at all. Also, I don’t like it when people tend to be sarcastic and try to drag other people down. I just don’t see the point in being pessimistic and glum all the time. It’s not particularly fair to others. There are other things that I’ve said I like about the other two numbers previously. All in all, I think the bad things overweigh the good for this name. So it makes sense that I don’t like it at all.

Samantha

Her character number is 5
Quote :

The heart number is 3
Quote :
Three represents the idea of completeness or wholeness, as in the threesome’s past-present-future and mind-body-spirit. Three indicates talent, energy, an artistic nature, humor, and social ease. Threes are often lucky, easygoing, and highly successful, but they can also be unfocused, easily offended, and superficial.

And finally the social number is 2
Quote :

I do not like this name, because I’ve had issues with multiple people with it, when the drama was not needed. As I said already, I have problems with people represented by the number five. They have a long list of traits that I find really bad. I don’t like it when people are full of them selves and get mad or upset at the smallest thing in the whole world. I think it is ridiculous for someone to act that way and somehow still expect to be like by others. Another new number comes with this name, 3. There are traits with this number that are alright with me, but there are also some that aren’t. I don’t like it when people are fake and act differently according to which group of people they are with at the time. I am prone to becoming unfocused myself, so I cant really make a comment there without sounding like a hypocrite. Some of the traits that I do like are that people with this name tend to be artistic and socialable. Also, that they like to meet new people and go new places. This is something that I absolutely love doing. All in all, I think that I was right in not liking this name, because more of the traits arent agreeable to me.

</center>
Back to top Go down
http://dreaming-in-the-daylight.tumblr.com/
Raistlin The Wizard
Raistlin The Wizard

Male
Regist. date : 2006-07-26
Number of posts : 11497
Real First Name : Lost in the mists of time...
Warning :
Chosen Names Left_bar_bleue3 / 33 / 3Chosen Names Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin!
Crest : Chosen Names Slythe10
Award Bar :
Chosen Names Left_bar_bleue700 / 700700 / 700Chosen Names Right_bar_bleue

Chosen Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chosen Names   Chosen Names EmptyThu Aug 20 2009, 10:16

amberg93 - 90 HP Chosen Names Smilie11
Clafin - 80 HP Chosen Names Smilie12
Back to top Go down
maybie93
1st Year
1st Year
maybie93

Regist. date : 2013-10-18
Number of posts : 63
Warning :

Award Bar :
Chosen Names Left_bar_bleue30 / 70030 / 700Chosen Names Right_bar_bleue

Chosen Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chosen Names   Chosen Names EmptyMon Feb 17 2014, 15:19

my character number is 8. this means Eight indicates the possibility of great success in business, finance, and politics.

my heart number is 9. Represents completion and achievement to the fullest degree (as it is the complete number, three, expressed three times).

social number is the same as my character number.
Back to top Go down
amberg93
amberg93

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-11
Number of posts : 16910
Real First Name : Amber/Amby :D
Warning :

House : Gryffindor!
Award Bar :
Chosen Names Left_bar_bleue391 / 700391 / 700Chosen Names Right_bar_bleue

Chosen Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chosen Names   Chosen Names EmptyWed Feb 19 2014, 13:06

Due to the fact that you did not complete the assignment at hand, I'm afraid that I must give a 0 to you, maybie93. If you would like to try again, please do the proper assignment and post it in a new post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.heartofamerica.proboards49.com
Sponsored content

Chosen Names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chosen Names   Chosen Names Empty

Back to top Go down

Chosen Names
Page 1 of 1