Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSEnd of the Year Exam- CLOSED Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

End of the Year Exam- CLOSED

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
amberg93
Deputy Head : Gryffindor HoH : Arithmancy & Arts & Muggle Studies Professor : 5th Year
Deputy Head : Gryffindor HoH : Arithmancy & Arts & Muggle Studies Professor : 5th Year
amberg93

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-11
Number of posts : 16910
Real First Name : Amber/Amby :D
Warning :
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Right_bar_bleue

House : Gryffindor!
Crest : End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Gryffi10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Left_bar_bleue391 / 700391 / 700End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Right_bar_bleue

End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Empty
PostSubject: End of the Year Exam- CLOSED   End of the Year Exam- CLOSED EmptySat Jan 20 2007, 07:04

Alright guys, here’s your end of the year exam. It’s simple and anyone can do it, whether you did all the old classes or none of them. It’s simple and if for any reason you don’t get it just look under the completed classes and you’ll find the whole lesson. Also if there are too many spelling and grammer mistakes a few points will come off

Part 1- Arithmancy and You

Tell me in as many words as you’d like how Arithmancy plays into your life. What do you use it for, if anything, and you don’t think you use it in your life then how could it be used in your life? There isn’t a word count but the more you write and more detailed you are the more points your likely to get.

15 points available.

Part 2- The Soul Urge Number

Pick 2 Harry Potter Characters and work out their Soul Urge Numbers. Is this number true to the character’s personality? Once more the more detailed the more points you’re likely to get.

20 points available.

Part 3- The Destiny Number

Pick 2 different Harry Potter characters, then you used before, and work out their Destiny Numbers. Does this number reflect the character’s personality, why or why not? Again the more detailed the more points you’re likely to get.

20 points available.

The Number 13

Pick 3 Harry Potter books and explain why the 13th chapter is important to each of them. What would happen if those chapters never existed? How would it effect the series? And I think it goes without saying but the more detailed the more points your likely to get.

20 points available.

Total available points: 75

No copying/pasting, remember to site your sources. And you can’t use the same things you used in old classes. It has to be new and different. Good luck End of the Year Exam- CLOSED 436937

Last edited by on Fri Feb 16 2007, 13:29; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.heartofamerica.proboards49.com
SilverLady
1st Year
1st Year
SilverLady

Female
Regist. date : 2007-01-08
Number of posts : 5672
Real First Name : Cristina
Warning :
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Right_bar_bleue

House : Gryffindor
Crest : End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Gryffi10
Award Bar :
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Left_bar_bleue28 / 70028 / 700End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Exam- CLOSED   End of the Year Exam- CLOSED EmptyWed Jan 31 2007, 12:21

The only time I'v ever used arithmancy was when calculating my own Destiny Number - it is five - which suggests I go the path of experience, freedom, change and physical reality. It basically means that I can change a lot and that I am searching the perfect hamony between mind and body. It also means I can adapt easily to every situation - so watch out! But don't worry, it also says this makes people feel relazed around me. And my life will hold many surprises for me, from which I will learn. These can be both good and bad experiences, so I guess I shouldn't worry nor be overexcited. Well, this pretty much confirms what I think about myself, what my zodiac sign - gemini - and my element - air- say, so I guess there IS truth about Arithmancy.

Harry James Potter
Well, at the first calculation I did I forgot the "James" part of the name and the number that got out was 1 - that he likes winning. This would have sort of fitted. Nevertheless, I then calculated with "James" in it, too, and I got 7. This is rather strange, because 7 stands for appreciation for the nature, need for inner fulfillment, gaining wisdom and spending time in solitude. I really see Harry as an active and intuitive person and not the kind of guy who would spend an entire day meditating and hoping to gain wisdom. In his case, I am sorry to say, but Arithmancy has failed.

Percy Ignatius Weasley
Soul Urge Number: 9. This number stands for people who are happiest if they can do something for the greater good of humanity and help others. However, Percy's selfish and materialistic way of thinking does not in the least point us towards this Soul Urge Number. I also think the way he hurt his family is rather the opposite of acting towards the greater good.

Pick 2 different Harry Potter characters, then you used before, and work out their Destiny Numbers. Does this number reflect the character’s personality, why or why not? Again the more detailed the more points you’re likely to get.

Ginny Weasley - August, 11, 1981
Her Destiny Number is 2 - the sensitive path. It shows Ginny will lead a life marked by feminine aspects such as attention to detail, peace, cooperation, intuition and diplomacy. It also says about her that she will be the one encouraging the others to show what they've got to offer. In my opinion, this portait is partially true - for example, look at Ginny's kind behaviour towards Neville and Luna. Nevertheless, her life with six boys has probably made her not exactly feminine - I mean, a Bat Bogey Hex is not exactly what the regular wizard callls "diplamacy". Her number also says she has a great intuition, she can basically feel her way thourgh life. Well, I would agree on that, as it was both her good knowledge of Harry and her intuition which allowed her to anticipate the fact that Harry would eventually chose to take the fight against Voldemort on himself, without her.

The Number 13

PS/SS: Nicholas Flamel
In this chapter, the most important happening is that Harry finds out about Flamel. He also sees Snape argueing with Quirell and he thinks they Snape is trying to convince Quirell to steal the stone for him, which later proves to be untrue. The good news for Gryffindors in this chapter is that Harry manages to catch the snitch in 5 minutes, securing his house a win over Hufflepuff.

GoF: Mad-Eye Moody
One of the most famous and funny scenes of the GoF movie, Malfoy as a bouncing ferret, happens here. After having insulted Mr. Weasley and trying to attack Harry, Malfoy is punished by Mad-Eye Moody by being transfirgured into a ferret. This scene offers us some insight into Moody's errr... unconventional methods.

OotP: Detention with Dolores
In this chapter, we see Professor Grubbly-Plank still teaching Care of Magical Creatures. This makes the reader worry about Hagrid's whereabouts. An even more important event are Harry's detentions with Umridge, who makes him write "I will not tell lies" with an enchanted quill that repeatedly rips off the skin of the back of his hand. I believe this is yet another proof of Umbridge's highly unpleasant character and contributes to Harry's hate towards her.

Sources:
http://creativenumerology.com/destiny%20numbers.htm
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/num-soulurge.html#7
http://www.hp-lexicon.org
Back to top Go down
Raistlin The Wizard
Headmaster : Slytherin Head of House: Astronomy Professor : 1st Year : Master of All
Headmaster : Slytherin Head of House: Astronomy Professor : 1st Year : Master of All
Raistlin The Wizard

Male
Regist. date : 2006-07-26
Number of posts : 11497
Real First Name : Lost in the mists of time...
Warning :
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Left_bar_bleue3 / 33 / 3End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin!
Crest : End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Slythe10
Award Bar :
End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Left_bar_bleue700 / 700700 / 700End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Exam- CLOSED   End of the Year Exam- CLOSED EmptyThu Feb 15 2007, 10:47

Arithmancy Exam

I’m a mathematical person although I love words and to learn languages. Numbers appeal to me very much they’re plain and true. Mathematical thinking follows me everywhere, everything can be translated into numbers.

Arithmancy and numbers play an important part of my life becausel a good math thinking gives you a more practical and logical thought which can help you solving problems in your daily life more easily and that happens with me. Uniting my math thoughts abilities with my words skills gives me a faster, brighter and better think than average people. I’m also very good with money and love to play with it and I’m not easily fooled when shopping unless if it’s in my benefit.

For all this I take and think everyone should take arithmancy very seriously. Until now everything that I learned with arithmancy has proved to be right, it’s amazing how numbers and its characteristics can portrait a people’s personality and behavior so accurately.

Anyone even those who don’t like math and numbers use them in a daily basis without even knowing. I believe in numbers and their power and ability to be everywhere and influence everything and everyone. And who doesn’t have a lucky number?

SEVERUS SNAPE
..5 5 3 1 5 = 19 = 1

Quote :
No: 1
With a Soul Urge number of 1, you want to lead and direct, to work independent of supervision, by yourself or with subordinates. You take pride in you abilities and want to be recognized for them. You may seek opportunities to display your strength and usefulness, wanting to create and originate. In your desire to manage the big picture and the main issues, you may often leave the details to others.
Positive Traits : The positive 1 Soul Urge is Ambitious and determined, a leader seeking opportunities. There is a great deal of honesty and loyalty in this character. If you possess positive 1 Soul Urge qualities, you are very attainment oriented and driven to success. You are a loyal friend and strictly fair in your business dealings.
Negative Traits: A negative 1 is apt to dominate situations and people; the home, the spouse, the family and the business. Emotions aren't strong in this nature. If you possess an excess of 1 energy, you may, at times, be boastful and egotistic. You must avoid being too critical and impatient of trifles. The need of the 1 Soul Urge is the development of friendliness, and a sincere interest in people.

Now here we hav a perfect portrat of the character of Severus Snape, need for lead (we all know how snape’d like to conquer the world himself), work independently (is job as double spy proves it), pride in his abilities (Snape never refused a compliment). We can also see Snape possesses no 1 negative traits instead of the positive ones once loyalty and honesty are not his best friends on the contratry dominating craves, not very emotional and egoistic.

DRACO MALFOY
....1 6 1 67 = 21 = 3

Quote :
No: 3
With the Soul Urge number 3 your desire in life is personal expression, and generally enjoying life to its fullest. You want to participate in an active social life and enjoy a large circle of friends. You want to be in the limelight, expressing your artistic or intellectual talents. Word skills may be your thing; speaking, writing, acting, singing.
Positive Traits : In a positive sense, the 3 energy is friendly, outgoing and always very social.
You have a decidedly upbeat attitude that is rarely discouraged; a good mental and emotional balance.
The 3 Soul Urge gives intuitive insight, thus, very high creative and inspirational tendencies. The truly outstanding trait shown by the 3 Soul Urge is that of self-expression, regardless of the field of endeavor.
Negative Traits : On the negative side, you may at times become too easygoing and too optimistic, tending to scatter forces and accomplish very little. Often, the excessive 3 energy produces non-stop talkers. Everyone has faults, but the 3 soul urge doesn't appreciate having these pointed out.

Here’s another perfect match. Desire for personal expres​sion(Draco’ always wants to stnad out from the crowd), has an active life and enjoy a large circle of friends (we never seem Draco alone he’s always surronded by some friends) and like Severus Draco mostly possesses his soul urge no negative traits, accomplish very little and talking too much (Draco talks talks but never actually do anything.).

Hermione Granger

1+9+0+9+1+9+7+9 = 45 = 9

Quote :
Destiny Number Nine people are humanitarians who wish to save the world. They want to save the planet and its occupants from self-destruction. The fighting spirit of the planet Mars has great influence on Nine people inspiring them to pursue these goals with grit and guts.

We all saw Hermione’s obssession with spew and the rights of the minorities.

Quote :
Destiny Number Nine people are fair and always try to adopt right means to arrive at truth. They have the right intuition and delve deeper into truth.

Hermione was right about Voldemort might been trying to lure Harry in to the Ministry of Magic in the Order of the Phoenix. Ans she tried to figure if it was tru or not before doing something rush.

Quote :
They are destined to be busy forever and dislike taking rest.

Hermione’s always reading something always working.

Quote :
Nine is the number of law, balance and completion. It is symbolized by three interlaced triangles, which is the sign of perfection and completion.

Do you want a better way of describing Hermione?

Ron Weasley

0+1+0+3+1+9+8+0 = 22 = 4

Quote :
Practical, Stable, Dependable and a Good Organizer mark the key words of persons with Four as the Destiny Number. You are hard working, and faithful and have a steadying influence on all around you.

Well this couldn’t be more far from the truth could it? Ron’s a disorganized, not hard working and influenced by people around he’s not the one who influences. I think we can say Ron’t a reverse four as Destiny Number.

The Number 13

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

13 – Nicolas Flamel

This is a fulcral chapter because it’s in it the trio discovers who was Flamel and what he did which was the Sorcerer’s Stone which besides giving the title to the book it’s the pillar of the plot. Also after this chapter the trio starts to unfold.The book could not exist without this chapter.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

13 - The Very Secret Diary

This is a chapter of revelations, Harry found why Hagrid was expelled from Hogwarts. Once again after this chapter the story begans to unfold and everything falls into tis right place.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

13 - The Secret Riddle

This is one fo the most interesting and important chapters of all HP books! Harry discovers a little more about Voldemort, certainly things that will be precious and he’ll need to defeat Voldemort.

------------------
Sources
http://numerology.findyourfate.com/soulurge-number.htm
http://www.astral-lab.com/cgi-bin/destiny.cgi
http://www.harrypotterfacts.com/_chapters.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Exam- CLOSED   End of the Year Exam- CLOSED Empty

Back to top Go down

End of the Year Exam- CLOSED
Page 1 of 1