Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODS~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

~An Introduction to the Supernatural~

Go down 
+5
Never-Forever-Always
Amy
Elana
Snapes_girl
Fated4HP
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Fated4HP
5th Year
5th Year
Fated4HP

Male
Regist. date : 2006-03-05
Number of posts : 5918
Location : Embraced by the dark side, found only in shadows of my evil mind!
Real First Name : Jesse
Warning :
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Right_bar_bleue

House : SLYTHERIN
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Right_bar_bleue

~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Empty
PostSubject: ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~   ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ EmptyThu Feb 22 2007, 13:32

Hello, my new class of victims- erm I mean students, heh. I'm your new Supernatural and Paranormal studies professor and welcome to my class.

I look forward to having a fun-filled term
of enjoyable assignments for you all. This is the first of many homework assignments and I felt that to kick off the new term, we'd start at the bottom-basics. As it's always best to start with basics of any topic. So, this first lesson will help introduce you to the unknown world of the supernatural.

Lesson one- An Introduction to the Supernatural-

Part 1-(worth 40 points)

1. What is a ghost?
2. What is a poltergeist? And where has there been recorded documentation on one?
3. What are two instruments that paranormalists use to determine the presence of something that is supernatural?
4. How many types of hauntings are there? Please give a brief description of each one.
5. Explain what a residual haunting is.
6. What are orbs?
7. Explain what ectoplasm is.
8. What are signs of a haunting?
9. What are ghost lights?
10. How do you know that you have a ghost or a supernatural presence in your house?

Part 2-(worth 40 points)

Name three places where you can find ghosts and please explain why you picked these places.There is no word count but please give a lot of details.

Part 3-(worth 20 points)

This is where I send you off into your own spooky imagination! Ever wonder just what it's like being a ghost?
Well I want you to pretend that YOU are a ghost.
What's it like? Do you haunt one place or many? Are you good, scary, mischevious? Do you haunt any particular place? If so explain where and why?
You can tell it from either a story view or a documentary point of view.
Again, I'm not giving a word count for this, but the effort you put in will be reflected upon the grade you receive.

Total possible points: 100
No copy/pasting and cite your sources. Points will be awarded periodically.

Points changed and class altered to fit on July 17, 2009.
Back to top Go down
Snapes_girl
1st Year
1st Year
Snapes_girl

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 6274
Real First Name : Nancy
Warning :
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin - Where I have always belonged
Crest : ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Slythe10
Award Bar :
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Left_bar_bleue3 / 7003 / 700~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~   ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ EmptyThu Feb 22 2007, 23:29

Part 1-(worth 20 points)

Part 2-(worth 20 points)

Name three places where you can find ghosts and please explain why you picked these places. There is no word count but please give a lot of details.
1. A battlefield-
A battlefield would be a great place to find ghosts and apparitions as so many people have died on them. The departed souls have been known to stick around and continue to roam in the area of death. Ghosts from both sides of the battle can sometimes be seen continuing to battle each other, reliving their deaths and then starting back over again where the battle began.

2. A house-
Whether a house be old or new, the house or a residence is the most common place for a haunting. A ghost or poltergeist may have died in the house that is haunted or the house may have been built on grounds where death occured such as built over a cemetery or some kind of place where a tradgedy once occured. Most ghosts tend to stay in the location of where they died and so many people have died in their homes, especially in the earlier days dating back hundreds of years where hospitals were either non-exsistant or too far away to travel to.

3. Courthouse-
A courthouse is an excellent example of a haunted place. Many people back in earlier days were hung in courthouses by judges when they were found guilty of breaking the law. I am sure some of these people found guilty were actually innocent. The innocent ones may have stuck around to make sure the judge and whomever helped in their execution paid dearly for their grave mistake by haunting them. But now we have to take a look at the ones who were put to death that were guilty. These folks were most likely mean, spiteful and full of hatred to be able to commit acts that would send them to their deaths, and may have stuck around to continue their cruel ways even in death.

Last edited by on Thu Feb 22 2007, 23:45; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Snapes_girl
1st Year
1st Year
Snapes_girl

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 6274
Real First Name : Nancy
Warning :

House : Slytherin - Where I have always belonged
Crest : ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Slythe10
Award Bar :
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Left_bar_bleue3 / 7003 / 700~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~   ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ EmptyThu Feb 22 2007, 23:30

Please forgive me. I got a bit carried away with this fun assignment and it was too big to fit into one post, this is why I am double posting.

Part 3-(worth 10 points)

This is where I send you off into your own spooky imagination! Ever wonder just what it's like being a ghost?
What's it like? Do you haunt one place or many? Are you good, scary, mischevious? Do you haunt any particular place? If so explain where and why?
Again, I'm not giving a word count for this, but the effort you put in will be reflected upon the grade you receive.

I was a loyal servant of the Dark Lord's. I did everything in my power to help him in his cause against the Ministry of Magic, the Order of the Phoenix, Muggles and any and all who stood against him. It was the final days of the battle that would decide whether our side or the other would come out on top. I had killed many people, Aurors, muggles and Ministry members. They were not quick enough with their wands and weapons of destruction. The battle seemed to be leaning towards our side coming out on top. Then, in only a moments notice, I was attacked from behind by an opponent. My fellow Death Eater, who was covering me from behind was hit by a curse from a fellow Death Eater meant for a Minisrty official and was killed by the unforgivable killing curse intantly. Before I could defend myself I saw a rush of green light and then I felt instant pain penetrating my whole body. I fell to the ground and then the pain instantly stopped. I thought I was alright and began to stand up. My body felt light and I had no pain what so ever. I then turned around and I was shocked to see the vision on the ground that layed in front of me. My body was there, lying in a twisted heap, my eyes wide open and a look of terror on my face. I stared at the vision of myself for several moments before the sounds of chants and spells being shouted out brought my attention back to the battle that was still going on. I then realized what had happened. I was dead. But still, I was aware what was going on and I could move. I saw others, mostly from my own side staring at my body. I waved my arms at them but they could not see me. It was a very odd feeling indeed.

I then decided that I would take advantage of this new unearthly form that I had now become. I would make the ones in the battle not on my side pay for my death.

I quickly spotted a member of the Order of the Phoenix pointing their wand at a fellow Death Eater. I walked, or almost floated over to where they were standing. I concentrated hard on moving my hands towards their wand. I succeeded and after severl attempts, I was able to remove their wand from their hand. The look on their face was pricelss and the yells coming from their mouth was something I will always remamber. "Great Merlin, my wand, it's left me and now it's floating in mid air! Someone must have put it under a wingardium leviosa charm!" Their voice rang out above the cries and shouts of the others in the battle.

I then proceded to take the wand over to the Dark Lord himself. Whether or not he saw me I will never know, but the look on his face when the wand was presented to him was that of great satisfaction. Even in death I was still able to do my part for my Lord.

I continued prowling around the members of the Order and the Minisrty, removing several more wands from their hands and surrendering them over to the Dark Lord, but after several hours of intense fighting the battle was over. The Dark Lord was now perished as were most of my fellow Death Eaters. The Death Eaters who managed to survive the battle had turned on their heels quickly and either fled off on foot or apparated out of the area. Cheers of victory could be heard all around and a celebration had started by the ones who had won the battle.

The feeling of loathing and hatred had filled my entire spiritual body. Here I was, dead in a ghostly form unseen by any around me. My fellow members were either dead or fled and my Lord had been put to his demise. Surely there was something I could do in this new unearthly form to be able to avenge the deaths of the ones who had been fighting, in my opinion for the right cause. After severl moments of intense thinking, I decided that I would go to the Minisrty of Magic and take up residence there, so without another moments thinking, I went there and made myself comfortable in the Minister's office. Rufus Scrimgeour would now have to deal with an unfriendly poltergeist whenever he was at his cushy little office.

Apon entering his office I immediately began going through his desk drawers and pulled all the paperwork out I could get my hands on. I proceded to throw them around the room scattering them in every direction. I then ripped down the curtains, smashed several figurines he had on his desk of the four dragons that were used in the tri-wizard tournament, and took each and every picture off the wall he had hanging. The look on the Ministers face was a great joy to see as he walked into his dishoveled office. As he began to straighten things out and put them back in their proper places, I immediately began taking them and throwing them on the floor and around the room. After several moments of this and seeing the look of panicked terror on his face he left the room and did not return for several days.

I made myself comfortable in that office and did my best to make his time there as miserable as I could each time he entered. Sometimes immediately making my presence known and sometimes waiting a bit so he would think possibly the nightmare was over. When he attempted to bring others into his office to show them what was happening, I would always remain calm and quiet, not making noise or letting anyone see me in action. This was part of my plan. I wanted to make others think he was losing his mind.

I am happy to say that after several days of my not so pleasant acts apon him he quit his position as Minister of Magic and checked himself into Saint Mungos. I remained in that office and still do to this day scaring the newest inhabitants away after a while. Some scare easily while others took some time to be rid of. I will keep this up until I find a Minister that is to my liking. Someone who has the same beliefs as me and someone who will try to reinstate the wonders and the wisdom the Dark Lord intended for the wizarding world.

Sources used::

http://ccspookcentral.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
Back to top Go down
Elana
5th Year
5th Year
Elana

Female
Regist. date : 2006-04-16
Number of posts : 7562
Real First Name : Elana
Warning :

House : RAVENCLAW!
Crest : ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Ravenc10
Wand : Willow and Unicorn Tail Hair
Award Bar :
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Left_bar_bleue93 / 70093 / 700~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~   ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ EmptyFri Feb 23 2007, 13:16

Part 1

Part 2

Name three places where you can find ghosts and please explain why you picked these places. There is no word count but please give a lot of details.

Huntress Hall, Keene, New Hampshire

Huntress Hall is a college resident building in Keene State College. It is said to be haunted by Harriet Huntress, the dorm’s namesake. Students often report unexplained noises coming from the attic…which still houses Harriet’s wheelchair.

I chose Huntress Hall because it is located in the USA (and I live there) and because it is at a college which makes it seem very interesting and unique to me.

Dublin Castle, Ireland

Visitors have seen two file clerks walking through the office of the Lord Lieutenant of Ireland, talking together, and exiting through a long sealed door. These two have also been seen many times by workers in the castle and have been heard talking about Theobald Wolfe Tone who was an Irish rebel executed after a failed rebellion in 1798.

I chose to research this castle because I love castles, it is located in Ireland and one of my best friends is from there, and it is an interesting story.

Okiku’s Well, Himeji Castle, Japan

Okiku was a maid at the Himeji Castle who (in 1655) a vassal of the Shogun Aoyama Harima fell in love with. He promised to marry her, but received a marriage proposal from another woman. He dismissed this proposal but Okiku doesn’t trust him. She tests his love for her by smashing one of the ten heirloom plates that are treasured at the Aoyama house. The vassal killed her, as was the punishment for breaking a plate, and threw her body into the well. She is still said to be residing in the well. Once the sun has gone down she rises from the well, counts to nine, shrieks to the night, and descends back into the well.

I chose this because I haven’t learned much about Japanese legends and this was an interesting one. I love myths of other countries and learning about them and this seemed like a particularly unique one.

Part 3

This is where I send you off into your own spooky imagination! Ever wonder just what it's like being a ghost? Well I want you to pretend that YOU are a ghost. What's it like? Do you haunt one place or many? Are you good, scary, mischievous? Do you haunt any particular place? If so explain where and why? You can tell it from either a story view or a documentary point of view. Again, I'm not giving a word count for this, but the effort you put in will be reflected upon the grade you receive.

(Wooo!!! Ok, since this seems like it’s going to be a very fun part of the assignment I hope you don’t mind if I turn into my Great Hall character for this. Lol, planning her death…uh oh.)

(Wonderful class, Jesse! *showers in confetti*)

My name, well, the name I lived under for my short adult life, was Claire Johnson. I had come from a Death Eater family and had been disowned by them when telling my parents I did not want that for my life. That was when I changed my name and joined the Order of the Phoenix. My life was quite boring, actually. It was surprising to me, though it really shouldn’t have been. I should have known that I wouldn’t be trusted for a long time, and when that day came I was more excited than I had imagined. The mission was successful (can’t tell you what it was, I’m never going to betray the Order, not even in death) and I was soon sent on many more.

Time passed and I was soon near to entering my thirties. I hadn’t ever fallen in love, but one day I did. Little did I know, he was a Death Eater sent by my father. Our relationship bloomed into a flower of love almost instantly, but I never could fully trust him. I couldn’t explain that at the time, but there was just something not quite right. My feelings were proved correct when one night he kidnapped me from my house and took me to the headquarters of the Death Eaters. I was forced to reveal all of the secrets I had been trusted with and was tortured into near insanity before killed.

But I did not want death. My life had ended too early and I was not to be silenced so quickly.

And so, I returned to this world as a ghost. At first, when I had just become a ghost, it was very strange. The few moments my spirit spent between the moment of death and coming back were the weirdest (well, I really shouldn’t use this expression, but) in my in my life. I rose from my body and looked down to see it, damaged beyond repair by the horrible people plotting against all good, and decided in that split second that I could not let that happen to anyone else. I felt myself become more solid, for before I hadn’t had a shape, I was just like vapor, but then when I held my hands in front of my face I could see them. They were shadowy and transparent, but there. And I seemed to be…floating? Yes, floating above my body. It was the oddest sensation to see myself dead and yet be able to see myself dead, if that makes any sense at all. There was no one in the room with me, they had exited after killing me, and so I was not seen. I wanted to repay the Order members for all they had done for me, so I decided to spend my time in one of two places: Grimmauld Place and the Death Eater hideout. I listen in on meetings the Death Eaters have (I have been able to remain unnoticed and hopefully will remain so) and then fly to Grimmauld Place to report what I have seen. I am determined to get back at what my family did to me, them and the rest of the death eaters, and will not lie quietly in my grave until I am satisfied.

Sources:
dictionary.com
en.wikipedia.org
axgxhxoxsxt.tripod.com/thehauntedpages/id2.html
about.com
bbc.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://theunlockedcloset.moonfruit.com/
Amy
Retired Deputy Head : 5th year
Retired Deputy Head : 5th year
Amy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 11746
Real First Name : Amy
Warning :

House : Gryffindor
Crest : ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Gryffi10
Award Bar :
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~   ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ EmptyFri Feb 23 2007, 13:38

Part 1-(worth 20 points)

2-(worth 20 points)

I am going to look at ghosts on the Isle of Wight, mainly because it is a place I love visiting, and because it is affectionately known as “Ghost Island”. There are lots and lots of locations on the Isle of Wight that are haunted.

The first area I am going to explain is The Needles Old Battery, on the western side of the Island, at Alum Bay. The Old Battery is a fort that was built in the 1860’s to destroy enemy shipping. It is said that ghostly soldiers in WW1 uniform still run along a 200ft tunnel to the searchlight post above the Needles rocks, while a war-time car in camouflage colours has been seen driving slowly, in total darkness, down the narrow winding road.

The second area I’ll look at is the Brading Wax Works, on the Eastern side of the island. The ghost of a Frenchman, Louis de Rochefort, has been seen by countless visitors to the Waxworks. He was a secret agent sent to make contact with King Charles I when he was imprisoned in Carrisbrooke Castle, Louis was murdered in his lodgings at the Crown Inn (location of the waxworks). He vowed to haunt the building with his dying breath, and his ghostly figure has been seen there ever since. I have been to these waxworks, and I have to admit there is a very creepy feeling in there as you walk around.

The third place is The Isle of Wight Zoo, in Sandown. A young soldier who was cut in half in a tragic accident at the old Sandown Fort, has been seen in recent years by zoo staff and keepers. He died in 1888, in an accident that was caused by an 18-ton gun which rolled backwards and cut him in half. He’s haunted the zoo (which is on the location of the old fort) ever since.

Source: own knowledge

Part 3-(worth 10 points)

My name was Elizabeth Robinson, and I was the maid at Osborne House, on the Isle of Wight during the time of Queen Victoria. The Queen came to the House for her summer holiday’s, and it was our job to make sure that she was comfortable and had a good stay.

I was right scared of her, even though I only ever saw her from a distance. A maid’s job is to do their job without being seen, and for the most part, I did that. I lived in the servant’s quarters, which were perfectly adequate, despite the uncarpeted stone hallways and hard beds.

I’d worked there on a recommendation from my old employer, the Lady of Appuldurcombe, and I was ever so fortunate to have the job. My poor sister Mary slaved away all day at a Minister’s house for a pittance. Mind, my job wasn’t particularly well paid. But it didn’t matter in the end.

I died after I’d been working at the House for a little under a year. There was a new stable boy, see, and I was sweet on him. Tom, his name was, and he was a handsome lad. Had a way with the horses, he did, and the ladies. All of us maid’s were sweet on him, but I was the only one he called his special girl. “Lizzie,” he’d say, “you’re my special gal. One day when old Queenie pops ‘er clogs, we’ll run away together.”

And I believed him. I believed that I could have a better life than scraping the embers from ‘er majesty’s fire, and cleaning out the latrines. I went to bed most nights, my back aching like hell, but my mind filled with dreams of the future for me and Tom, and perhaps a little babby too.

We’d travel to the east of the Island, near the coast. Not that I didn’t like Cowes, but I’ve never been a fan of the city. Anyway, one day I was in the Swiss Chalet (she called it a chalet, but it was bigger than most people’s houses!), cleaning up after the children, when I heard a shout from outside – Tom’s voice. I ran out onto the veranda, and saw him a little way down the path, struggling with a horse. It was a great big brute of a horse, nasty tempered and so strong. The horse was tossing its head this way and that, eyes bloodshot and rolling, spittle forming at its mouth where Tom kept trying to place the bridle.

Needless to say, I feared for him! I ran towards him without thinking, trying to pull the horse away – it was near trampling him! And then, somehow, I got myself caught in the reins, and pulled underneath the horse’s feet. Then everything had gone black.

When I woke up, it was odd – I felt lighter, and as though I was seeing everything from the outside. There was Tom, kneeling down to my sleeping body, his face streaked with tears. And the horse, cantering back up towards the stables. And that was when I realised I was dead. I was dead, and looking on as my sweetheart cried over my body.

From that moment on, I stayed by Tom’s side, never left him. I followed him back to the house on that day, as he carried my limp and broken form. I followed him as he informed the stable master what had happened, and followed him as he went to shoot the horse that had killed me.

I followed him for years, as he left the House and moved to the coast. He started work as a farrier for the local Lord and Lady, and soon moved up in the ranks to become the stable master. He married, of course, and had children. And then he died, aged eighty-three, and I didn’t know what to do with myself. I s’pose I could have stayed with his children, but they would only have reminded me of what I wasn’t able to have. And so I went back to the House, back to my old quarters, and now I roam the halls of this grand mansion. I don’t do anyone any harm, in fact I sometimes follow the guided tours around and provide a little light entertainment – the odd draught here, knocked over object there.

It’s a lonely existence, but I suppose that’s life as a ghost.
Back to top Go down
http://amyxaphania.livejournal.com
Never-Forever-Always
1st Year
1st Year
Never-Forever-Always

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-23
Number of posts : 122
Real First Name : Lana
Warning :

House : Gryffindor
Award Bar :
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~   ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ EmptyFri Feb 23 2007, 14:43

Part 1-(worth 20 points)

Part 2-(worth 20 points)

Name three places where you can find ghosts and please explain why you picked these places.There is no word count but please give a lot of details.

Cemeteries
Cemetries are thought to hold portals for the spirits to move on to the next place, therefore it is a place where many spirits might be drawn to. It is probably the most common place which people imagine to be haunted. It is also said that spirits like to be close to their physical bodies.

Battlefields
It is easy to understand why these locations that have endured so much death and suffering contain so many cases of paranormal energy.

Restaurants
Many restaurants which are located in older buildings are very active paranormal sites. Some of these buildings were used for many different purposes during their lifetime. Uses such as hotels, factories, hospitals, churches, and even funeral homes have led to paranormal activity in restaurants. Residual hauntings appear to be the most common type of haunting associated with these locations.

My own mind
Back to top Go down
The5Potters
1st Year
1st Year
The5Potters

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-11
Number of posts : 2978
Real First Name : becca or if your name is Jenn, then Becky....
Warning :

House : GRYFFINDOR becca is the gryffie with slytherin influnces xD
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~   ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ EmptyFri Mar 09 2007, 22:05

Part Two:

Three places where you can find ghosts:

Hotel Monte Vista

This hotel was known for Hollywood stars frequented it. Now, it is said that it holds many ghost guests.
How it was haunted:
A ghost of a former bank robber doesn’t want to leave. The story says that he and two other robbers came to have drink after robbing a bank. One of them was even shot at the gateway and didn’t even finish his drink.

Another ghost sighting there is of a bellboy who knocks on doors and then disappears. (doesn’t that remind you of ding dong ditch?)

One room hosts a man who endlessly paces, clearing his throat.

And outside of one suite, a lady has been spotted wandering the halls.

Gadsden Hotel:

Many employees and guests if the Gadsden have had encounters with the Gadsden Ghost. It has been reported that the ghost is a tall man dressed in black. It is most active in the basement of the hotel. It is said that this hotel was built on top of this man’s head which had been cut off, of course, being the cause of his death.

La Fonda Hotel-
The death here was a distraught salesman who lost his company’s money card in a game and leapt into his death. He ended falling down a well. That well was/is under the La Fanda’s dinig room. Guests and staff have both reported seeing a ghostly figure that walked into the center of the room and then jumps, disappearing and reenacting it’s death.

Part Three:

During my life time, people caused pain onto me. All my life I was abused and no one ever cared for me. When I finally died, I set out to cause that pain to everyone else.

For the children, I go lighter on them. I just like to spook them by opening their closet door or appearing in front of them when they are working on their homework after school.

Older children I go a bit farther with. I shake their beds, I move their possesions, and I make them spooked by appearing in the shadows.

Middle aged people, I go hard on. I scare them very badly when I touch them, or speak to them when I appear to them. I like to cause pain by hitting or biting them, and causing bruises they can not explain.

I like to make myself appear in different ways, so that they think there is more than one of me.

There are a few houses around the area that I lived in that I love to haunt. There are many people to go after that are very afraid of me.

It brings me pleasure to make someone quiver and I love to chuckle as they scream and run away.

I liked to haunt the people who caused me pain in my life. I killed one of them from fright and I was greatly pleased!

As I continue on, haunting people who come across me, I hope they understand that pain hurts and that it should not be inflicted on people who do not deserve it.

BOO!

http://paranormal.about.com/
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=1019639&BRD=1675&PAG=461&dept_id=18171&rfi=9
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bell_Witch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poltergeist
http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/
http://axgxhxoxsxt.tripod.com/thehauntedpages/id2.html
http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/orbs.htm
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/4502/signs.html
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7GWYE&defl=en&q=define:Ghost+Lights&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

http://hotels.about.com/od/hauntedhotelsatoz/p/hau_montevista.htm
http://gosw.about.com/od/arizona/p/gadsden.htm
http://gosw.about.com/od/southwesthistory/tp/hauntedhotels.htm
Back to top Go down
Brunette
1st Year
1st Year
Brunette

Female
Regist. date : 2006-09-24
Number of posts : 1795
Real First Name : Holly
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~   ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ EmptyMon Mar 12 2007, 13:39

(I'm going to continue this later. I have to go! ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ 436937 )

Part 1-(worth 20 points)

Part 2-(worth 20 points)

Part 3-(worth 10 points)

Back to top Go down
polly
3rd Year
3rd Year
polly

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-12
Number of posts : 10718
Real First Name : Polly
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw!
Wand : Hawthorn and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Left_bar_bleue11 / 70011 / 700~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~   ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 10:23

Part 1-(worth 20 points)
Back to top Go down
polly
3rd Year
3rd Year
polly

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-12
Number of posts : 10718
Real First Name : Polly
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw!
Wand : Hawthorn and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Left_bar_bleue11 / 70011 / 700~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~   ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 10:25

(sorry was post two big sorry for double posting)

Part 2-(worth 20 points)

CEMETERIES
BATTLEFIELDS AND CRIME SCENES
CHURCHES

I chose the first two because they are place of death and would be the most common place to find ghosts.
Cemeteries because there body will lie there and some ghost will be not want to leave there bodies behind.
Battlefields and crime scenes because they would be the place of horror for the ghost being killed there. So many ghost will return there two.
I chose a church for my third one because it is a holy place. And will be the perfect place for a ghost to be at peace and rest.
Part 3-(worth 10 points)

It has been said that a ghost no-one knows its name some say that its called Mary others simply call it the story listener but whatever you want to call it this ghost goes around to different houses each night and listens to a Childs bed time story.
As I floated past the windows to hear a story I heard my own being told now this was most exciting I didn’t think many people knew about me floating through the window and sat down at the end of the Childs bed.
“But mummy I didn’t think ghost existed.” Said the small child
“Oh yes they do my dear and this little ghost were on about is and extraordinary one it is to” the women said with a huge grin upon her face.
“Mary Stewart was born in 1992 yes my dear 1992 such a long time ago I know she lived in a small town called Crewe her house was not large but it was not small either lets say it was in-between. Now this little ghost loved to play on the computer lots and she went on a thing called msn now that is what the people in them days used to talk to each other instead of portinas, which we now just simple talk into the screen and have many conversations with others just by clicking onto a different face. Now this little girl was tricked she become friends with someone on this msn who told her all sorts of things all of which were lies. He said stuff like he was a boy of her age and he was into the same sort of stuff as her. After a year of talking to the “boy” day after day Mary finally decided to meet him which he had been suggesting from the stat. When Mary met up with him he killed her. Now when Mary was a little girl she loved to tell stories write stories and use her imagination which is the reason why Mary goes to different houses each night.
It was all indeed true when I looked back on what I did I feel stupid maybe if I had lived longer I would have met someone like the person the man pretended to be.
“Mummy that’s a lovely story but ghost don’t exist.”
“Don’t they now if they didn’t exist who is that at the end of your bed I wonder.”
Suddenly I become panicked I got up and zoomed out of the window to hear my story told was one thing but for the mother to be able to see me that was another.
As I was floating away I heard the small child say.
“Wow mummy was that really her Mary the story listener do you think she will come again tomorrow night.”

Part 1-20 points
part 2-20 points
part 3-10 points
Total possible points: 50
No copy/pasting and cite your sources.

Sources: http://ghosts.monstrous.com/poltergeists.htm
http://ccspookcentral.com/hauntingsandmeanings.html
http://www.wcgipa.com/typesofhauntings.htm
http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghosthuntinggeninfo/a/aa060704_3.htm
Back to top Go down
Elfie Dumbledore
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Elfie Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-21
Number of posts : 15397
Real First Name : Sharon
Warning :
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Left_bar_bleue1 / 31 / 3~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Right_bar_bleue

House : I didn't retire...I surrendered!
Crest : ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Hogwar10
Award Bar :
~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~   ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ EmptyMon Jun 25 2007, 03:16

This class is now closed. Your marks are as follows;

GRYFFINDOR

Duck the Duck: 50
Never-Forever-Always: 40
The5Potters: 50
RAVENCLAW

Elana: 50
Brunette: 20
polly: 40

SLYTHERIN

Snapes_girl: 50 + 10 bonus for great work

HUFFLEPUFF

Well done to everyone who participated in this class.

Back to top Go down
http://hogwarts-experience.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~   ~An Introduction to the Supernatural~ Empty

Back to top Go down

~An Introduction to the Supernatural~
Page 1 of 1