Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
Leprechauns Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
Leprechauns Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
Leprechauns Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
Leprechauns Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
Leprechauns Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
Leprechauns Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
Leprechauns Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
Leprechauns Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
Leprechauns Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
Leprechauns Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
Leprechauns Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
Leprechauns Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
Leprechauns Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
Leprechauns Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
Leprechauns Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSLeprechauns Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Leprechauns

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Snapes_girl
1st Year
1st Year
Snapes_girl

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 6274
Real First Name : Nancy
Warning :
Leprechauns Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Leprechauns Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin - Where I have always belonged
Crest : Leprechauns Slythe10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Leprechauns Left_bar_bleue3 / 7003 / 700Leprechauns Right_bar_bleue

Leprechauns Empty
PostSubject: Leprechauns   Leprechauns EmptyFri Jun 15 2007, 21:36

LEPRECHAUNS

A leprechaun is a male creature (faerie) in Irish mythology, said to inhabit the island of Ireland. They are a class of "faerie folk" associated in Irish mythology and folklore.

They usually take the form of old men who enjoy partaking in mischief. Their trade is that of a cobbler or shoemaker. They are said to be very rich, having many treasure crocks buried during war-time. According to legend, if anyone keeps an eye fixed upon one, he cannot escape, but the moment the eye is withdrawn he vanishes. Paintings of this have been found in abandoned houses in the Irish countryside.

Leprechauns Leprechauns-sm

Part one
Appearance

Please give me a detailed description of the leprechauns appearance as it is described in Irish folklore.

Part one worth up to 20 points

Part two
You and the leprechaun

Please write me a detailed story about the day you were hiking through Ireland and had an up-close encounter with a leprechaun. What were you doing? What was he doing? Have fun and be creative. 250 word minimum.

Part two worth up to 30 points

Part three
Related creatures

There are many other creatures in Irish mythology besides leprechauns. I want a the names of two of them as well as a brief description of the two you choose.

Part three worth up to 20 points

BONUS worth 10 points

Post a picture of a leprechaun.

Class can give you a total of 80 points. Have fun and please site and sources used! Leprechauns 436937

Points changed and class altered to fit on July 17, 2009.
Back to top Go down
auricachan
1st Year
1st Year
auricachan

Female
Regist. date : 2007-04-23
Number of posts : 53
Real First Name : Bea
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff
Award Bar :
Leprechauns Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Leprechauns Right_bar_bleue

Leprechauns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leprechauns   Leprechauns EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 01:30

Part One - Appearance
Please give me a detailed description of the leprechaun's appearance as it is described in Irish folklore.
A leprechaun appears to be short. He is shown wearing a green hat, a green frock coat, and green pants. He is sometimes shown in illustrations to be carrying a pot of gold.

Part Two - You and the Leprechaun
Please write me a detailed story about the day you were hiking through Ireland and had an up-close encounter with a leprechaun. What were you doing? What was he doing?

Part Three - Related Creatures
There are many other creatures in Irish mythology besides leprechauns. I want the names of two of them as well as a brief description of the two you choose.

The first creature I chose is the far darrig or far dearg. It is said to wear a red coat and cap. It is a solitary fairy along with the leprechaun. According to mythology, it usually busies itself in practical joking.

The second is a banshee, a female spirit. She is believed to be an omen of death. According to legend, she wails around the house if someone in the said house is about to die.

BONUS
Leprechauns ?action=view&current=Leprechaunsmall

Source: Wikipedia

Last edited by on Sat Jun 16 2007, 21:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Phoenix
1st Year
1st Year
The_Phoenix

Female
Regist. date : 2007-03-08
Number of posts : 261
Real First Name : Gabby
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff......duh!
Award Bar :

Leprechauns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leprechauns   Leprechauns EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 13:53

Part One-Appearance
A leprechaun is appeared to be short, and wore red, not green. He would we a red coat laced with gold, and seven rows of buttons with seven buttons. He wears a cocked hat, and shoes with silver buckles. (wikipedia)
The image today of a leprechaun, is that he's wearing emerald green coat with a top hat, and black shoes with gold buckles. and knowing the whereabouts of a pot of gold. (Wikipedia)

Part Two- You and the Leprechaun
One day, I was hiking in Ireland in a forest with lots of tall green trees, and many plants of all kinds. I grew tired and decided to rest on a nearby rock. I sat down, put down my gear and took out my water can. Drinking the water I saw sparkles of gold coming through the bushes from where I sat. I slowly crept my way over there, making sure that I didn’t make a sound. I didn’t want to scare the creature that was moving around so fast. I looked over the bushes and saw this little man, dressed in green, scurrying around trying to hide this huge pot of gold. That has to be ten times his size I thought to myself. He was to busy trying to hide his gold to even notice that I was standing there. It was a cute creature, and that’s when I noticed that he was a Leprechaun! I gasped and he looked up. He seemed frightened that this huge being was standing above him, but he copped an attitude. “Get out of here!” He squeaked, he thought that I was going to try to take his gold. I titled my head to the side, and smiled. I picked him up by the back of his coat, and stared at him. He squirmed and squeaked again, “Put me down!” I sat him back down, and he grabbed his gold and drug it away. For the pot to be so big, it went away so fast. Now I wished that I had taken a picture, because no one will believe me that I had actually seen a real leprechaun. But then I seen this piece of gold fly my way, I caught it, and looked down and there was the leprechaun, smiling, he winked and then disappeared. Then I went back to my journey through the forest.

Part Three- Related Creatures

The Clurichaun is "cousin" to the leprechaun. They are said to be the night form of leprechauns, they go out drinking after they finish their chores.
The far darrig (fear dearg) is another irish fairy, mush like the Clurichaun and the Leprechaun. They are known as the most sluttish, and mischievous phantoms.

Bonus
Leprechauns Leprechaun
Back to top Go down
Mischief Managed
1st Year
1st Year
Mischief Managed

Male
Regist. date : 2006-10-20
Number of posts : 594
Location : Hiding Horcruxes at the far ends of the earth bwahahaha
Real First Name : Seamus
Warning :

House : Slytherin
Award Bar :

Leprechauns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leprechauns   Leprechauns EmptySun Jun 17 2007, 11:26

Part One-Appearance
A leprechaun a short chap, and said in old folklore to have worn red, not green. He dawned a red coat laced with gold with seven rows of buttons with seven buttons. He wears a cocked hat and shoes with silver buckles. (wikipedia)
Today the leprechaun is still a short chap that wears an emerald green coat with a top hat, and black shoes with gold buckles and trusted with the whereabouts of a pot of gold. (Wikipedia)

Part Two-The Leprechaun and You (In this case, You Silly Human and ME)
One day I was mindin’ me own business, stowin’ away me gold in its proper hidin’ spot (no, I’m not gonna tell ye where it is), when a human should happen upon me. Ugly things, those are, let me tell you. He was hikin’ in the woods and had gotten lost (just like humans). “Top o’ the mornin’ to ye.” I smirked and leaned over on a mushroom, looking up at the man, tipping me hat down over me eyes. He blinked a few times and looked around like a confused hairless ape. “Down here, boyo.” I tapped on his shin and waved up at him when he looked down at me. He screamed and took a leap back and I threw me head back and laughed. “Ye act like ye’ve never seen wee folk before.” I shook my head and quirked a brow at him.

“Well, I…I haven’t.” He stammered, looking at me as if I might pounce on him and attack or somethin’.

“Well, boyo, do ye know where ye be?” I walked back and sat down on the mushroom and plucked up a blade of grass, sticking it between me teeth.

“Er…no, I don’t.”

I couldn’t believe this supposedly “superior” creature had not a lick of sense as to where he was. “Do ye at least know ye be in the Emerald Isle?” I mocked, tipping my hat back now.

“Uh, yeah.” He looked around stupidly and then sat on the ground, leaning over to get a better look at me. “What the devil are you anyway?”

Stupid humans. I leaned over close and flicked him on the nose with a chuckle. “I be a leprechaun ye thick-headed dunderhead.” I leaned back and crossed me legs beneath me, looking thoughtful. “Where ye be goin’, boyo?” He scratched his head as if trying to itch his brain into thinking faster.

“Slane Castle I think it is, going to see a concert there.” I nodded and looked around the forest with a chuckle.

“You be way off track then. What ye want to do is turn yeself around and walk back the way ye came. Take the road to the fork and head left. Ye’ll get there eventually.” He nodded and put on a smile and turned to walk away but stopped and turned back, quirking a brow at me.

“Say, I found you, I saw you…don’t I get a bit of gold?” He inquired, rubbing his fingers together. (Greedy things, humans, the lot of them.) I smirked and walked over to the tree I had been hidin’ my gold in.

“Very well, I’ll give ye a bit, but NO PEEKIN’!” I motioned for him to cover his eyes. He did so and I crouched down and scurried under the tree. I looked around at me lot and picked up a handful of gold pieces and squeezed my way back out. “Alright there, boyo, here’s ye gold.” I walked over and dropped it in his hand as he held it out, kneeling down on the ground.

“Wow, thanks, little guy.” I puffed up and held my fists up at him, hopping up and down a few times.

“Don’t be callin’ me a “little guy” ye great lump or I’ll knock ye a good one. The name’s Shaparon Dyrick Hanagle and don’t ye forget it!” He stood up straight and yanked at my emerald coat with a huff. “Now I suggest ye make a visit to the Blarney Stone before ye leave this island or ye will have some rotten luck! Off with ye afore I change me mind!” He blinked a few times and hurried off down the road, looking somewhere between perplexed and satisfied. I nodded and sat back on me mushroom and hoped I’d be havin’ no other dunderheaded visitors today. Humans, thick, the lot of them.

Part Three-Related Creatures
Clurichaun-The clurichaun is an Irish fairy which resembles the leprechaun. Some describe the clurichaun as a night "form" of the leprechaun, who goes out to drink after finishing his daily chores. (Wikipedia)
Far darrig- The far darrig is classified as a solitary fairy, all of whom are "most sluttish, slouching, jeering, mischievous phantoms." The far darrig in particular is described as one who "busies himself with practical joking, especially with gruesome joking". (Wikipedia)

*Bonus*
Leprechauns Leprechaun
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat
2nd Year
2nd Year
drkangelcat

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-01
Number of posts : 4340
Real First Name : Cat
Warning :

House : Slytherin's Official Nut
Wand : Willow & Veela Hair
Award Bar :
Leprechauns Left_bar_bleue68 / 70068 / 700Leprechauns Right_bar_bleue

Leprechauns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leprechauns   Leprechauns EmptyFri Jun 22 2007, 13:27

Part one
Appearance

Originally, prior to the twentieth century, leprechauns wore red, not green as they are so famously associated with now. They typically were coats, cocked hats, shoes and buckles. Now they wear a emerald green frock coat. They are also depicted as short elderly men.

Part two
You and the leprechaun

It was mid-day and I was hiking in Ireland. I was there on vacation with my mom and being as she could care less about me I decided to go for a hike, leaving a note on the nightstand near her bed even though she wasn’t likely to notice my absence anyway. It was a sunny warm afternoon. Birds chirped off in the distance and the world seemed flawless within my view. I saw a small little grove of trees and decided to walk in it for the heck of it. As I neared I saw a few birds peck at the ground for grub. I walked around its edge a few times, and then headed towards its center.

It was lavished with shades of green and gorgeous creatures. Out of the corner of her eye a twinkle of a bit of light’s reflection gleamed a few feet from the center. She began to walk towards it. With every step she took she began to see what it was.

“Gold,” she spoke with a soft voice as she picked up the coin. As she began to stand back off she noticed a sudden rainbow of colors shine off of it, wait it actually was a rainbow. She watched amazed and followed the stretching lines of color. It stretched to a spot behind the some trees and then the piddle paddle of feet reached her ears. The footsteps were coming from the same direction.

After a few minutes of just standing still and waiting for the thing making the footsteps to appear, it finally did. It was an elderly man who was ever so short and looked like one of those leprechaun things except it wore red instead of the green that she had heard they wore.

“Hello sir,” She spoke politely.

The thing stomped over towards her, though its feet made very little noise compared to what the stomping of someone her size’s feet would. Once it reached her it looked up at her with angry eyes. “Give me back me gold.” It ordered.

“How do I know it’s yours?” she asked. “It was lying in the middle of nowhere so you may be lying.”

“I may be a trickster, but I ain’t no liar,” it replied.

“Why should I believe you?” she asked putting her hands on her hips, her left hand’s fingers folding over the coin.

He grabbed a pouch from his belt and opened it up, revealing tons of shiny golden coins. “Is that proof enough for ye?”

She reached in the pouch and examined the coins. It was identical alright. It had the same little shamrock emblem on the flat sides. She put both the coins in the pouch as she spoke. “Allrighty, that’s proof enough.”

He closed the pouch and hooked it on his belt again and she smiled and spoke again. “If you don’t mind me asking, are you a leprechaun?”

“What do ye think I be… a bird?” It asked its same irritated voice.

“I was just curious,” she spoke in her defense, “It’s just most stories I hear of leprechauns tell them as little old men who wear green and, well, you are wearing red.”

“I like to stand out of the crowd,” it answered. “Also it’s what all leprechauns used to wear back in the ol’ days. Haven’t ye read in of the old tales?”

“No sir,” She replied. “Most of the older tales would probably be told by natives here and I am not native.”

“Well go ask someone who is to tell ye some,” He ordered. “Ye might learn something about leprechauns ye obviously don’t know.”

“What?” She asked. “You mean the wishes or the ability to claim your pot o’ gold?”

“Well that be part of it?” He answered. “How come ye didn’t ask for any of that if ye knew?”

“Why should I?” She asked and he gave a slight chuckle.

“Ye be one of the least selfish humans I ever met,” he replied.

“Thank you,” she spoke and curtsied. “Well I best be off. I am getting a bit hungry.”

He nodded his head in response. “Good meeting ya.”

“Nice meeting you to,” She spoke walking off.

“Wait,” called the leprechaun and she turned around. “Take this.” He spoke throwing her something and she caught it. “Just don’t be tellin’ any leprechauns ye run into.”

It was a coin of gold. She looked back up at him. “I won’t, and thanks.”

He did a tip of his hat maneuver meaning goodbye and she walked home grinning happily with a golden coin in her pocket.

Part three
Related creatures

clurichaun - an Irish fairy which resembles the leprechaun. Some consider it to be a leprechaun on a spree.

fear dearg- a faerie of Irish mythology. It like practical jokes.

BONUS

Leprechauns 140px-Leprechaun_engraving_1900

Sources

wikipedia
Back to top Go down
http://drkangelkitty.deviantart.com
Snapes_girl
1st Year
1st Year
Snapes_girl

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 6274
Real First Name : Nancy
Warning :

House : Slytherin - Where I have always belonged
Award Bar :
Leprechauns Left_bar_bleue3 / 7003 / 700Leprechauns Right_bar_bleue

Leprechauns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leprechauns   Leprechauns EmptySat Aug 18 2007, 18:08

Auricachan (Hufflepuff) 35
Mischief Managed (Slytherin) 44
Drkangelcat (Slytherin) 44
The Phoenix (Hufflepuff) 38
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leprechauns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leprechauns   Leprechauns Empty

Back to top Go down

Leprechauns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience :: The Hogwarts Experience Castle :: Below Ground :: Underground Chambers :: Supernatural and Paranormal Studies Classroom-
Jump to: