Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSDiscussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?

Go down 
+7
Ellemanae
Rigby Dumbledore
dragonweaver
stephy
Elana
Bella Muerte
LilyFlower
11 posters
AuthorMessage
LilyFlower
5th Year
5th Year
LilyFlower

Female
Country : Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Flag_u10
Regist. date : 2006-02-23
Number of posts : 4195
Real First Name : Veronica
Warning :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

House : Ravenclaw
Crest : Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Ravenc10
Wand : Vine Wood & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue80 / 70080 / 700Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Empty
PostSubject: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? EmptyMon Aug 20 2007, 17:24

Ancient Runes Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?

Welcome to the first discussion of the new term! This will be the first of many discussions within this class, you know how it works. Discuss various points and opinions of the topic. The more involved you are in the discussion, the more points you’ll rack up within the class. No double posting allowed but you can post more than once within this thread and I expect you all to be involved! While a debate may spark within this discussion, please remember to keep it friendly. A few key points to cover within your posts
    • Make sure to state your opinion – does it exist or not?
    • What is the “Blank Rune?”
    • What is its significance within the runic alphabet?
    • What are different theories?
    • Etc
Make sure to cover majority of the points I have listed. If you find something that I can’t or bring a new idea to light you will receive an extra 5 points on the discussion. The best within the class will also receive the extra 5 points.

Possible points total: 50

Make sure to add sources! Anyone that forgets to add their sources will automatically have 5 points deducted!
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/astronomy_tower/
Bella Muerte
1st Year
1st Year
Bella Muerte

Female
Regist. date : 2007-08-09
Number of posts : 996
Real First Name : Jordanna
Warning :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

House : Hufflepuff
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? EmptyMon Aug 20 2007, 19:08

The Runic Alphabet is an alphabet of letters known as runes. The Runic Alphabet was thought to be created by the Germanic people in the first or second century.
It was used mainly in the British Isles and Scandinavia.
Today, runes are mostly used in divination.

The Blank Rune was supposedly introduced by inaccurate information in the Book of Runes by Ralph Bum.
The Blank Rune, also known as an "Odin Rune" or "Wyrd Rune", does not really have a purpose in the Runic Alphabet.
When you purchase a rune set that has the blank rune, they generally tell you to take it aside and keep it in case you lose another rune piece.
Most people will tell you not to use the blank rune in rune casting.

There is no historical evidence that says anyone hundreds of years ago ever used a blank rune. A rune is a symbol, not what the symbol is on, so how can there be a blank rune?
"Have you ever seen a blank symbol? Of course not, that's an oxymoron."

I, personally, do not think that the blank rune exists.

Blank Rune
Back to top Go down
Elana
5th Year
5th Year
Elana

Female
Regist. date : 2006-04-16
Number of posts : 7562
Real First Name : Elana
Warning :

House : RAVENCLAW!
Wand : Willow and Unicorn Tail Hair
Award Bar :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue93 / 70093 / 700Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? EmptyMon Aug 20 2007, 19:52

I do not think that the "blank rune" exists.

But, unfortunately, thanks to Mr. Ralph Blum and his book, many think otherwise.

The mystery surrounding this topic is one that I wish we could stop- anyone have an advanced timeturner we can use to go back in time and check up on those rune masters? *looks for a raised hand but sighs when none is seen* Okay then...well, I guess we're just going to have to discuss it and see where that takes us.

I'd like to point out some of my reasons for not believing in the existance of this rune:

- spaces between runes were commonly used in Runic writing, and those could be misinterpreted as "blank runes"
- a symbol can't be a symbol if it is blank *rolls eyes*
- nowhere has anyone been able to find concrete evidence of someone using a "blank rune" (if you have feel free to prove me wrong Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? 436937 )

I'll think of some more, no worries.

I would love to hear more thoughts Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? 436937

Source: http://www.runeschool.org/topics/rs_t_blank.htm (courtesy of Lily, hehe)
Back to top Go down
http://theunlockedcloset.moonfruit.com/
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :

House : ravenclaw
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? EmptyMon Aug 20 2007, 21:49

I do not know much about Runes but I do agree that it does not exits. Why is it that when you get a new set of runes they tell you to set it aside so that you can use it incase you lose another one. If it had any other purpose it would have been stated so.

Also it is a blank. Nothing cant be a symbol. A symbol is something that stands for or represents something else. That means that since it is a blank it can not represent or stand for something
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
Elana
5th Year
5th Year
Elana

Female
Regist. date : 2006-04-16
Number of posts : 7562
Real First Name : Elana
Warning :

House : RAVENCLAW!
Wand : Willow and Unicorn Tail Hair
Award Bar :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue93 / 70093 / 700Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? EmptyTue Aug 21 2007, 13:56

I agree Stephy, it just doesn't make sense for a rune to be blank and then people say to use it if you loose one if it had an actual purpose more important than that! I don't know too much about them either, but if you use your common sense you can see that much, lol. I wonder if we'll have an opposing viewer in this discussion :D
Back to top Go down
http://theunlockedcloset.moonfruit.com/
dragonweaver
2nd Year
2nd Year
dragonweaver

Female
Regist. date : 2007-06-22
Number of posts : 2895
Real First Name : Ingrid
Warning :

Wand : Ash and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue7 / 7007 / 700Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? EmptyTue Aug 21 2007, 14:58

I don't think that the blank rune exist because that mean there is no rune at all -because it's empty aka blank. So I don't think a blank rune exist because it actually doesn't mean anything.
It like saying a invisible letter exisits. If you can't see it (like it's blank) then it's not there

like one of j.d. salinger's story (teddy) says:
Quote :
"It's interesting that I know about them being there. If I hadn't seen them, then I wouldn't know they were there, and if I didn't know they were there, I wouldn't be able to say that they even exist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~veliakaida
stephy
stephy

Female
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :

Award Bar :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? EmptyTue Aug 21 2007, 21:08

Well now that i was thinking about how everyone says about how that if you dont see it it doesnt exist.. WHat about microrganisms.. you dont see the but they are there. So in a way you cant really use that as a explaination as to why it doesnt exist. Do you know what Im saying?
Back to top Go down
dragonweaver
2nd Year
2nd Year
dragonweaver

Female
Regist. date : 2007-06-22
Number of posts : 2895
Real First Name : Ingrid
Warning :

Wand : Ash and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue7 / 7007 / 700Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? EmptyTue Aug 21 2007, 22:35

Even though microrganisms are so small that you can't see it, scientist know and kind of 'saw' them on microscope and they have proof they are there. But a blank rune is well..blank there is no proof that anything's there because it's 'blank' or invisible.

And the website below explains why the Blank Rune does not exisit

Here's a quote from it:
Quote :
There is no historical evidence that runemasters of old ever used a blank rune. It's self-evident because a rune is a symbol, not the token that carries it. Have you ever seen a blank symbol? Of course not

http://sunnyway.com/runes/blank_rune.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~veliakaida
stephy
stephy

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? EmptyTue Aug 21 2007, 23:22

Oh I kind of understand what you mean. If microrganism werent seen then how do we know they exits..lol. I didnt think of that. I was just thinking of sometthing really small that no one could see with thier normal eyes
Back to top Go down
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2007-01-30
Number of posts : 4801
Real First Name : Kate or Katie
Warning :

Award Bar :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue102 / 700102 / 700Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? EmptyWed Aug 22 2007, 01:45

While I can find no historical records of the blank rune, it is used today in rune readings. In modern times the blank rune is known as the Wyrd, and can signify fatefulness and mystery. Despite the popularity of including the blank rune, it also is the cause of many a debate. Drawing a blank rune in a reading nowdays can mean many things, depending on the overall picture. Some believe that it can signify that there are some things that we are not allowed to see, some claim it portends death.

It does appear that the blank rune is completely a fabrication of our modern world. I personally do not see the draw in using it. If one is involved in trying to create authentic rune readings then I can not see the point of adding a rune that has no basis in reality. Do you think that the addition of the blank rune to rune readings of today can truly give an accurate reading?

http://www.crystalgreen.co.uk/blank_rune.htm
http://www.bewitchingways.com/runes/blank.htm
Back to top Go down
http://midnightbookgirl.com
Ellemanae
1st Year
1st Year
Ellemanae

Female
Country : Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Flag_u12
Regist. date : 2007-06-04
Number of posts : 996
Real First Name : Chelle
Warning :

Crest : Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Huffle10
Award Bar :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue46 / 70046 / 700Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? EmptyWed Aug 22 2007, 06:05

It is true that there is no solid evidence of the elders using what is known as the Blank Rune (or the void), yet how can we say something does not exist just because there is perhaps no written evidence?

One theory which suggests why this rune is blank is that we, as humans, will never and can never know everything there is to know, it is something the Gods will know only. It gives us something to strive for.

If this rune exists, it is perhaps not in this natural world as there are no real voids here, yet it would be from the spiritual world where voids are more common. This could explain why the blank rune does not have a glyph as such. We can not see into the spiritual world, and have a lot to learn about it, therefore what is to say that we still need to learn how to really look and see, and only then will we see that in fact, this blank rune does hold a significant glyph held within the sights of the spiritual world.

Another name given to this blank rune, or void, is the Great Unknowable for this reason above.

I guess what I am saying, is just because there is no written proof, and just because we can not see it, does not actually mean it does not exist. We cant see love, but we know it is there...
Back to top Go down
Kendra_McKie
1st Year
1st Year
Kendra_McKie

Female
Regist. date : 2007-07-12
Number of posts : 377
Real First Name : Kat
Warning :

Award Bar :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? EmptyWed Aug 22 2007, 22:01

Make sure to state your opinion – does it exist or not?

Certainly the rune EXISTS - people use it. I think the question is more geared toward its accuracy, and I fully believe in the Blank Rune. Maybe it wasn't an original member of the 24 runes, but as times progress, so do ideals and beliefs. The idea of Karma has come much more into popular belief, so a rune representing the idea of Karma should as well. Just because the rune has no particularly assigned symbol, all of the runes represent an idea. An idea is not a tangible thing. The fact that the "Blank Rune" is blank represents that is it different from other runes that do have a symbol. The Blank Rune is represented by, well, its blankness.

What is the “Blank Rune?”
The black rune represents the 25th rune, more recently added to the original twenty-four. Known sometimes as "wyrd" it represents trust in yourself and in life itself, acceptance your past, present and future, and being open all possibilities as influences are out of your control. It indicates an acceptance and respect for fate.

What is its significance within the runic alphabet?
It represents a sense of accepting life as it comes and living your life knowing that your actions will come back to you in one way or another.

What are different theories?
Some theories push the idea that the stone represents the collection of three Norn goddesses or fates of Teutonic mythology, Urd, Verdandi, and Skuld, who represent the three aspects of time-past, present, and future. It may at one point have belonged to Pertho and came about with runic modifications made by the saxons.

Works Cited
"BewitchingWays.Com." The Meaning of the Blank Rune. 2007. 23 Aug. 2007 <http://www.bewitchingways.com/runes/blank.htm>.

"The Rune School." The Rune School: Topics - Blank Rune. 2005. 22 Aug. 2007 <http://www.runeschool.org/topics/rs_t_blank.htm>.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nekochan52
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2007-01-30
Number of posts : 4801
Real First Name : Kate or Katie
Warning :

Award Bar :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue102 / 700102 / 700Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? EmptyWed Aug 22 2007, 22:14

I don't think there is much argument that the blank rune exists today, it's clearly used in many rune readings. I think the focus is on whether or not it has a legitamate place in the history of runes. If people want to make up runes to fill whatever passing craze is popular, more power to them.

There is lots we don't know about ancient runes, but at what point do we lose the integrity of the old ways? If I personally were into rune readings I would not choose to use the blank rune, although I don't have a problem if someone does.

So, in my opinion, there was no blank rune in ancient practice, it is something that we have adapted to fit our times.
Back to top Go down
http://midnightbookgirl.com
Heather Karrington
1st Year
1st Year
Heather Karrington

Female
Regist. date : 2007-08-19
Number of posts : 6
Real First Name : Heather
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? EmptySun Aug 26 2007, 12:35

My opinion:
The Blank Rune wasn't used in history, but is real and used in today's time.

Runes are thought of as mysterious, as secrets, and the Blank Rune is the biggest secret of all-the secret of Fate. It stands apart from the rest of the runes, even as it has become a part of the divination system.

The "Blank Rune" or "Odin Rune" has no symbol. I don't think that anyone would recognize a blank stone or wooden disc as a rune, because runes by definition are symbols or glyphs of some kind. The Blank Rune is also called Wyrd (pronounced "weird"), which is the collective name given to the Norns, the three goddesses or fates of Teutonic mythology. Their individual names are Urd, Verdandi, and Skuld; they represent the three aspects of time-past, present, and future. The Norns rule over the karma that each person has accrued during his or her incarnation.

Wyrd indicates fate andfatefulness. Events that are fated or inevitable. They cannot be evaded, no matter what you do. Those events indicated in the reading may be good or bad, and the other runes in the cast will determine the nature of the event. When the rune falls in a prominent position, it indicates that if a particular step or choice is taken, life will never be the same again. Again, this could be good or bad. The rune or runes in the result position will often guide the person as to what move he or she should make.

Finally, the Blank Rune in a reading can indicate anything that must be kept secret for the good of the person. It can signify things relating to others that the person has no business knowing. Wyrd is often prominent in rune casts where the person is asking for information that is none of his business.

Source:
http://www.bewitchingways.com/runes/blank.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ifistarttomatterletmeknow
Herbaceoustraitorous
2nd Year
2nd Year
Herbaceoustraitorous

Female
Country : Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Flag_c10
Regist. date : 2006-02-23
Number of posts : 2228
Real First Name : Christina
Warning :

Wand : Chestnut and Dragon Heartstring
Award Bar :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue40 / 70040 / 700Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? EmptyThu Nov 29 2007, 05:56

I believe that the black rune does exist. As time has went on we have seen more and more evidence that it does. People obviously try to destroy evidence linking the black rune to anyone. For everyone knows once you start to conceal something, it means it really does exist.

I believe people will always think different things no matter what you tell them. Its all psychological. Its strange how one person or a group of people can damper an item such as the black rune.
Back to top Go down
Elfie Dumbledore
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Elfie Dumbledore

Female
Country : Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Flag_u12
Regist. date : 2006-02-21
Number of posts : 15397
Real First Name : Sharon
Warning :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue1 / 31 / 3Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

House : I didn't retire...I surrendered!
Crest : Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Hogwar10
Award Bar :
Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? EmptyMon Feb 18 2008, 12:30

As your professor is absent, I am closing this class for the end of term.

Your marks are as follows;

HUFFLEPUFF
Bella Muerte: 30
dragonweaver: 35
Ellemanae: 35
Kendra_McKie: 35

RAVENCLAW
Elana: 40
stephy: 40
Rigby Dumbledore: 45
Heather Karrington: 35
Herbaceoustraitorous: 20
Back to top Go down
http://hogwarts-experience.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?   Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist? Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion: The Blank Rune – does it really exist?
Page 1 of 1