Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSLockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe

Go down 
+5
dragonweaver
Elana
polly
hppamela
Amy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Amy
Retired Deputy Head : 5th year
Amy

Female
Country : Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Flag_u12
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 11746
Real First Name : Amy
Warning :
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Right_bar_bleue

House : Gryffindor
Crest : Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Gryffi10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Right_bar_bleue

Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Empty
PostSubject: Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe   Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe EmptyWed Dec 12 2007, 10:00

Gilderoy Lockhart's Guide to Hexing Nargles off the Mistletoe

An infestation of Nargles in your mistletoe is a Christmas disaster waiting to happen! You take down Lockhart's guide to magical pests, only to find the page on Nargles torn out.

It is your task for this class to re-write the page, in true Lockhart style, on how to successfully remove Nargles from mistletoe.

Try to include:
-Description of Nargles and the problems they may cause
-How an infestation of Nargles will surely ruin Christmas
-How to rid yourself of an infestation
-What you should do to prevent future infestations

Make it at least 300 words long!

For bonus points, include a picture of a Nargle, created by you in a graphics program.

Points available: 90 + 10 if you complete the bonus section

Completed thus far by:
Gryffindor
hppamela: 85

Ravenclaw
polly: 85
Elana: 85
Scrilla: 85
stephy: 85
Shausto-la: 85
PrincessPotter: 85

Hufflepuff
dragonweaver: 100
Back to top Go down
http://amyxaphania.livejournal.com
hppamela
5th Year
5th Year
hppamela

Female
Country : Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Flag_u10
Regist. date : 2007-11-04
Number of posts : 5190
Real First Name : Pamela
Warning :
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Right_bar_bleue

House : Gryffie Lion--Hear my roar!
Wand : Holly and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Left_bar_bleue42 / 70042 / 700Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe   Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe EmptyWed Dec 12 2007, 19:35

Gilderoy Lockhart’s Guide to Hexing Nargles off the Mistletoe

Nargles are a problem one may encounter around Christmas. For those of you who don’t find yourself under the mistletoe as often as I have, you may not be very familiar with Nargles. They can be nasty little buggers, though. You see, Nargles are known primarily for one thing. They have the ability to cloud the mind, making the appearance of people around you reflect what the heart is like. So, you can see the problem. Gentlemen, imagine having your lady under the mistletoe and suddenly seeing a hideous beast. Sure, it’s noble to love someone for who they are, but who really does? On the other side of the coin, what if people see you snogging a troll who you have seen as a handsome young man, ladies? That would make Christmas a memorable occasion, yes, but only because you may well find yourself the joke of the Christmas party.

There are two ways that exist to remove Nargles from your home. The obvious method would be to get rid of the mistletoe altogether. However, we all need a little kissing in our lives, so I’m sure no one would want to do that. I have invented my own little removal system that I am willing to share with you. The incantation is quite simple. All you have to say is Nargulus Disparro. The wand movement you must do in order to succeed is three figure-eight motions in rapid succession. I’m sure not all of you are as capable as me, but this spell is quite simple. I can reassure you of that.

Nargles are attracted to homes in which self-doubt reside. I know that many are not as blessed as I am with looks, but you must maintain faith in yourself. There are some other things that are important: fame, talent, money. I think nearly everyone has at least one of those qualities. Just remember to love yourself as much as I do, and no nargles should return.
Back to top Go down
polly
3rd Year
3rd Year
polly

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-12
Number of posts : 10718
Real First Name : Polly
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw!
Crest : Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Ravenc10
Wand : Hawthorn and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Left_bar_bleue11 / 70011 / 700Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe   Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe EmptyThu Dec 13 2007, 02:49

Nargles are tricky little creatures that will try and steal all your jewellery, so the first thing I would do would be to hide all your lovely pieces away before even attempting to sort out this cretin. Nargles are partially hard but if you are like me and you are great with a wand then this could be quite easy for you. Another problem that these critters might cause would be too eat you spare food, yes any food that is remotely shiny then they will try and gobble it up or hoard it away so try and hide them as well. But be careful they might see you trying to move them and come chasing after you and you would have to start all over again. That has even happened to some of the greatest wizards of our time, *g*.
Now if it Christmas time and these nasty little buggers try and ruin your Christmas, there are many problems that they can cause. For starters they will be able to see the golden tint through the Christmas wrapping paper so no luck in hiding them there, they will rip them open and ruin all your lovely Christmas present. I have seen this happen in first hand but being there I sorted it out in an instant *g* And although mistletoe is not shiny Nargles love the smell of them and if there is any hanging up in your house beware they will come into your house and get them. I would advice you not to put mistletoe up, but if you looking for a big snog under it with someone as devisly handsom as me then make sure it is put in a place out of a Nargles sight.
Now if one Nargles comes into your house it is a bit of a bother but not to hard to get rid of the real problem will come when you get an infestation. One comes others will surely be following. And then it is a real problem. They usually come out around Christmas time as lots of people are getting nice shiny presents. An infestation will mean that they will all come and take your shiny present and perhaps reproduce. If that happens then they will make there home there and it is quite impossible to get rid of them. I advice my wonderful readers to get someone expertise into the building *g* but if that is not possible. Banishing spells may work. Simply cast a banishing spell on each of the nargle. Or a stunning spell and remove them from your home. As far away as possible, perhaps near someone house you do not like. *g*
To prevent a nargle infestation in future, make sure that you cannot see shiny objects from your windows. Make sure that near christmas time you watch out for these little criters and keep on practising your banishing and stunning spells.
I hope you enjoyed my wonderful guide to getting rid of these naughty nargles.
Gilderoy Lockeart
Back to top Go down
Elana
5th Year
5th Year
Elana

Female
Regist. date : 2006-04-16
Number of posts : 7562
Real First Name : Elana
Warning :

House : RAVENCLAW!
Wand : Willow and Unicorn Tail Hair
Award Bar :
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Left_bar_bleue93 / 70093 / 700Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe   Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe EmptyThu Dec 13 2007, 20:01

Negotiating With Nargles

Every year before my annual Christmas party, I used to find myself ridding my home of an infestation. Of what, you ask? Nargles, of course! As my home is always full to the brim of mistletoe at that time of year, they tend to find it the perfect place to stay. But not to worry - I've got the solution! If you too find yourself in this nasty, nasty predicament and don’t know what to do, read on!

Nargles are teensy little buggers that have the appearance of holly berries, which helps disguise them in their natural habitat (mistletoe). I can see that you don’t realize the problem with them at this moment, but don’t fret, I’ll explain. Nargles are generally peaceful when left undisturbed, but if anyone is underneath their home, they believe they are being attacked, and will do anything in their power to defeat the “enemy.” Picture this: A young girl at your party is waiting for a kiss under the mistletoe (unbeknownst by her parents, of course). Another young attendant at the party catches sight of her, and begins making his way over. All seems to be going to plan – but then, the nargles strike! They drop down from the mistletoe and cling to her carefully pinned up hair, her dangling jewelry, special party dress, anything they can latch on to. The young man sees, and hurriedly turns tail. As you can see, this would surely ruin this poor girl’s Christmas. Now, imagine this happening over and over and over again! I don’t think anyone would come to your party next year!

To prevent this from happening, before your party, go around to each of the mistletoe decorations, but be sure to stay a few steps away. In a loud, clear voice, calmly state your disapproval of their being there. Explain your reasons for wanting them to leave, while holding your hands under the mistletoe. If they are feeling agreeable, they will drop down, and you can feel free to toss them outside. And if not, warm up your voice because that means it’s time for caroling! Nothing bothers a nargles more than a cheery Christmas carol, so if need be, break out in song. This will send them into your hands faster than ever!

So that this doesn’t happen again, it is a wise idea to have Christmas music playing in the home at all times. The continuous holiday cheer will keep those pesky nargles away! Have a very happy Christmas - I’m expecting a card from you!
Back to top Go down
http://theunlockedcloset.moonfruit.com/
dragonweaver
2nd Year
2nd Year
dragonweaver

Female
Regist. date : 2007-06-22
Number of posts : 2895
Real First Name : Ingrid
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff
Wand : Ash and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Left_bar_bleue7 / 7007 / 700Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe   Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe EmptyThu Dec 13 2007, 20:32

Here's mine

I couldn't fit all 300 words on the first 'book' so I made a diagram/expert for the rest 100 words..xD (the Bonus is included in it)

Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Nargle

Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Nargleguide
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~veliakaida
Scrilla
1st Year
1st Year
Scrilla

Female
Regist. date : 2007-12-18
Number of posts : 785
Real First Name : Priscilla
Warning :

House : Brilliant Ravenclaw
Award Bar :
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe   Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe EmptyThu Dec 20 2007, 11:02

One major problem around Christmas time are Nargles. What are Nargels you ask? That's why Gilderory Lockheart is here. What would any of you readers do without me?

Nargles are tiny little pests that live within the thistles and berries of the misteltoe. It is unknown how they came to be, but they are highly agressive and taunting creatures that the wizarding world know barely anything about. As much as Magical Creature Scientists want to do more studying about this little bugger, they are rather hard to catch hold of due to their lightning fast agility.

I remember my first encounter with these strange craetures. It was such a long time ago, but I daresay it'll be wise to share my expierence with you.

Now, imagine me as a lad. A handsome lad, of course. There was this stunning girl that I had a rather large crush on. Her name shall be concealed. She was incredibly smart and was the only girl who held up to my equally handsome features. I found a mistletoe lying on the floor and hung it up just as she was coming my way. I shall never forget the way the little buggers who lived within the mistletoe viciously attacked me. Messing up my expensive robes and neatly combed hair before returning to their sanctuary. She never looked at me the same way again.

The only way, I found to rid of these little beasts is bubbling up a drought of sleeping powder. One puff sprayed over the mistletoe will put the little Nargles to sleep for the rest of the Christmas Holiday!
Back to top Go down
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :

House : ravenclaw
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe   Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe EmptyFri Dec 21 2007, 19:34

Removing Nargles:

Description:
Nargles are little pests about 2 inches tall. They have eight hairy legs that they use to climb up walls looking for a place to stay, twenty eyes, each views a different color (e.g. one views nothing but the color red, another views nothing but yellow, etc.), and their body is a shape of a worm but the color green. They mostly hang out in mistletoes because they love to jump down on unsuspecting lovers whom are in the middle of a kiss and attack them. Once they are on their target, they are able then to grow to be able ten feet tall, and they start to devour their preys. It only takes them seconds to attack which usually isn’t long enough for someone to notice that one of their friends are in trouble.

Required Equipment:
1 wand
3 bottles of wart remover
1 bag

Directions:
Step one: Take your wand and make a mistletoe appear and hang this. Wait about four days until because that is how long it will take for a Nargle to notice that there is one up. If your not sure if one is there just place a piece of meat under the mistletoe and watch as it appears and devours the meat.

Step two: Now take your back and place it under the mistletoe making sure that none of your body parts go under it themselves. Once it is in place quickly get out of the area and wait another day before entering that room. You may of have disturbed their nest and they might decide to exit their nest for awhile and you do not want to be in the room while they are moving about.

Step three: Once one day has gone by it is now safe to enter the room. This time take your three bottles of wart remover and pour the potion all over the bag and step back. You should see the Nargles leave their nest and start feasting on the potion.

Step four: While they are feeding, take out your wand and make the bag tie itself around the Nargles and now they are all captured so long as you keep the bag shut. Use a freezing charm and take them to your nearest Magical Creature expert.

Step five: To make sure that you do not get future infestations, get a bottle of love potion and this will keep them away but you will have to apply this potion every year or risk getting Nargles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
Shausto-la
1st Year
1st Year
Shausto-la

Female
Regist. date : 2007-11-16
Number of posts : 1603
Real First Name : casey
Warning :

House : RAVENCLAW :9
Award Bar :
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Left_bar_bleue45 / 70045 / 700Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe   Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe EmptySat Dec 22 2007, 21:59

Nailing Nargles

Ah Nargles, the vermin of Christmas time. There is nothing more frustrating that settling in for a good snog under the mistletoe just to find that you have a horrible invasion of nargles! I for one, have had excellent experience in dealing with these bothersome creatures, so follow my advice and your home will be the source of nargle-free parties and gatherings in no time!
It is important to know a tad about the creature you are to be dealing with before attempting to get rid of them. Nargles, small animals the size of your thumb, are translucent, looking as if they were miniature ghosts. Ghosts too I have had sufficient experience in disposing of. To learn more about dealing with ghosts, feel free to pick up my book Getaway with Ghosts. Nargles, however, are a bit easier to get rid of than ghosts as they don’t think for themselves, but instead respond to movement below them. This makes them easy to clear out, but difficult to prevent. They don’t live long, only a mere week or so, but make up for this with their quick reproduction. If you do find yourself with an invasion of these creatures, be sure that you get all of them out before declaring your house clean, or you can be sure they will return to cause mayhem beneath your mistletoe. Nargles are infamous for their irritating habit of dropping down on a snogging couple and attaching themselves to the face. Sharp claws fasten themselves to into the skin, proving to be a rather painful experience, not to mention the effects it has on appearance! Ghostly sheen gives the appearance that your face has a ghostly aura around it, and once these suckers are attached, there’s no getting them off. How would you like to be stuck with a scabby white face for a week! Or longer! Don’t let your house become the notorious location of nargle invasions year after year. Follow these tips and nail those nargles!
If you fear a nargle invasion, be sure to test it before you attempt to dispose of something that is not there. Use a long object, an old broom will do nicely, and hold it under the mistletoe at the height of a witch or wizard’s head. Now nargles have a specific squeak they will let out as they fall, listen closely for this to be sure of invasion. Also, keep the lights off to be sure their ghostly appearance will not be invisible in a bright light. Once sure of an invasion, mix an equal solution of mandrake juice, white vinegar, doxie venom, distilled water, and honey and dampen the end of your broom with it. Place the remaining solution in a spray bottle. Hold the broom beneath the mistletoe, spray at the ready. As soon as the nargles land on the broom, spray them with the spray so that they will be immobilized before they sense that they cannot attach to the broom and ascend back to the mistletoe. Wave the broom slightly to attract more nargles to drop and continue with the process. Once sure all nargles are removed from the mistletoe, place the broom inside one of my Nailing Nargles: Magical Elimination Sack overnight. This uses a, shall we say, mysterious magic sucking away their powers making them powerless and defenseless. You can then pick them off and throw them into the yard where they will scuttle off into a lonely existence until their week is up. If you find yourself facing this dilemma of having nargles in your mistletoe year after year, try spraying the aforementioned solution on your mistletoe everyday for the first 2 weeks you put it up. This shall ensure that no nargles will be tempted to take shelter in your mistletoe! And don’t forget, all other books by yours truly can be found at your nearest Flourish and Blotts. –GIlderoy Lockhart
Back to top Go down
PrincessPotter
1st Year
1st Year
PrincessPotter

Female
Regist. date : 2007-06-22
Number of posts : 290
Real First Name : Elle :)
Warning :

House : Proud Ravenclaw :)
Award Bar :
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe   Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe EmptySun Dec 23 2007, 16:38

Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe
Ladies and gentlemen, what an extraordinary moment this is! The perfect moment for me to tell you how to solve the problem of Nargles. I'm an expert on it myself. Let me tell you something Nargles are annoying creatures. They like bothering you and just annoying you. They're so small it's hard for you to find them. And even harder to get rid of them. I have managed this so many times I lost count already. After all, I can fight off any creature because I am, Gilderoy Lockhart. Their ability to camouflage themselves with the objects around them makes them hard to catch. An infestation of Nargles would ruin even the most perfect Christmas. They would probably ruin my perfect new robes and my hair of course. And we wouldn't want that, would we? Anyway, I believe it is quite simple to get rid of Nargles. It may come very hard to all of you but believe me it's very simple. You must lookk your best for the job. Now I know you won's manage looking as handsome as I would but you must try. I'm sure you can use your best robes for it. But before wearing them you must make sure you can do the spell. I, of course didn't need much practice, I managed it at the first try. You must get vanilla scent and spray it all over the place where the infestation is located. You wouldn't want to work in a smelly place, would you? I'm sure I will never do that. Prepare your wand and your mind for this. You need all the concentration you can get. The words for the spell are "Dissmiss Nargle" you must pronounce it very clearly. I know you won't say it as clearly as I do but you must try. The correct way to wave your wand is making the shape of a heart 5 times in a fast way. It may sound hard, and will be even harder for you when you try it but believe me it is not hard. Once you manage to do that I assure you the infestation will disappear and you will end up smelling great and looking so elegant. To prevent future infestations try to look your best all the time. They say ugly and bad appearances attract these infestations. So it is obvious I've never gotten one of these, but my neighbors and friends have that's why I'm an expert eliminating these. Now I hope you have a very nice Christmas, and I know it would have been nicer if I was there but don't hesitate to buy one of my many autographed pictures and hang it in your tree. Don't forget my gift & card!

Handsome as always,
Gilderoy Lockhart.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Amy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 11746
Real First Name : Amy
Warning :

House : Gryffindor
Award Bar :
Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe   Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe EmptyFri Jan 18 2008, 04:56

Well done to everyone who participated; your points are below:

Gryffindor
hppamela: 85

Ravenclaw
polly: 85
Elana: 85
Scrilla: 85
stephy: 85
Shausto-la: 85
PrincessPotter: 85

Hufflepuff
dragonweaver: 100

You may continue to post your class entries below!
Back to top Go down
http://amyxaphania.livejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe   Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe Empty

Back to top Go down

Lockhart's Guide to Hexing the Nargles off the Mistletoe
Page 1 of 1