Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
Dungeons and Dragons Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSDungeons and Dragons Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Dungeons and Dragons

Go down 
+4
Kit
Etta
KatieBellaTrix
Amy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Amy
Retired Deputy Head : 5th year
Amy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 11746
Real First Name : Amy
Warning :
Dungeons and Dragons Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Dungeons and Dragons Right_bar_bleue

House : Gryffindor
Crest : Dungeons and Dragons Gryffi10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Dungeons and Dragons Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700Dungeons and Dragons Right_bar_bleue

Dungeons and Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons EmptyThu Dec 28 2006, 15:08

Part One

There are many Muggle films/books which have storylines pertaining to dragons. Choose one of these, and write a synopsis of the book/film. How is the dragon important in the plotline? Is the dragon considered a main character or a sideline extra? Try to be as detailed as possible in your answer for the maximum amount of points.

Points available for part one: 45

Part Two

For part two, I would like you to imagine you are a Dragon Rider. Write a diary entry from the day after a battle. Are you on the side of good or evil? What was your part in the battle? Did you win or lose? How did your dragon fare? Be as descriptive as possible, and write no less than 250 words.

Points available for part two: 45

Bonus

Find a picture of a dragon from the book/film you chose in part one.

Bonus points: 10

Total points available: 100

Remember to cite all sources and no copy/pasting!

Completed thus far by:
GRYFFINDOR
KatieBellaTrix
Caroru

RAVENCLAW
Kit
Rigby Dumbledore

HUFFLEPUFF
Etta

SLYTHERIN
Raistlin the Wizard
Agatha Black

Last edited by on Fri Feb 16 2007, 07:59; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://amyxaphania.livejournal.com
KatieBellaTrix
5th Year
5th Year
KatieBellaTrix

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 5236
Real First Name : Let's Leave it at Katie... XD
Warning :
Dungeons and Dragons Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Dungeons and Dragons Right_bar_bleue

House : Gryffindor Girlie
Award Bar :
Dungeons and Dragons Left_bar_bleue53 / 70053 / 700Dungeons and Dragons Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons EmptyFri Dec 29 2006, 20:27

Dragons and Dungeons

By: KatieBellaTrix

Part One

I choose to use Sleeping Beauty as my book to use, although I considered using GoF. In this book, the main charector Auora was raised by three good fairies: Flora, Fauna, and Merriwether, who raise her away from her parents after the bad faerie Maleifcent curses her becasue she was not invited to her birth party. On her sixteenth birthday, Aurora is supposed to be pricked with a spinning wheel and die, but the good faeries change the curse into having her fall into a deep sleep instead of dieing. On her sixtenneth birthday, indeed she is pricked by the spinning wheel and falls into a deep sleep awaiting her true love to wake her. Her true love is Prince Phillip who has been captured by the bad faerie. Luckily, the good faeries go and free him arming him with a sword and sheild. Unable to stop him, the bad faerie turns herself into a dragon and battles Phillip. He sleighes her and wawakes the princess Aurora. The dragon or the bad faerie is a pretty main charector. She tries to kill Aurora because she is jelous. The dragon part itself is pretty exciting becasue it is the last opsticle the prince has to face before he can get to Aurora.

Part Two
Okay Here i go:

Dear Diary,
I am sorry I have been delayed in writing to you, but I have been busy in cleaning and praying after the feirce battle which was fought yesterday. My heart aches for all those whose noble souls were lost during it but at least they are now free from the horrible conditions we are now exisiting day by day in. I must confess, the battle has greatly weakened me and I am now being nursed back to health by a barber, who is doing a great job. My injury came about when my dragon Dudly, threwe me off his back when he was stabbed through the heart with a shining sword and perished. I too was injured only when his limp body fell on top of my tired one. My leg was crushed and they are doing all they can, so they wont have to amputate it. My time in battle was short but whilst I lay on the battlefeild I watched the horror unfold in front of me. Those who were not trained had to take over my vital role of dueling with the capital when I fell, and I am sorry to report they handeled the situation horribly. It was painful to watch such young and good men struggle with an almost immortal enemy. I am hoping the battle was the last of it's kind becasue if any more are to blossom, I will not yet be well enough to help my good army prevail as winners. I express deep regret I am injured and could have been the reason we lost the battle. My rather enthusiastic dragon was replaced by one less then half its size and though well bred not as expeirenced. I hope all returns to victoiry.

Yours,
Cody of Dumont

Part Three

Dungeons and Dragons Dragon

Dungeons and Dragons Pavedragpinz
[i]

Last edited by on Sun Jan 07 2007, 09:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Etta
Deputy Head : Hufflepuff HoH : Divination Professor : 6th Year
Deputy Head : Hufflepuff HoH : Divination Professor : 6th Year
Etta

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-03
Number of posts : 6607
Real First Name : Bee
Warning :

House : HUFFLEPUFF
Crest : Dungeons and Dragons Huffle10
Award Bar :
Dungeons and Dragons Left_bar_bleue78 / 70078 / 700Dungeons and Dragons Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons EmptyFri Jan 05 2007, 09:20

Part One:

For this I chose the film DragonHeart (three guesses why hehe) In this film, the Dragon, Draco (aptly named me thinks) is part of the Main story, he and King Einon are the two main characters.

The story begins when King Einon is a young boy, he has a bad heart and his mother goes to Draco (who had no name at the time) and begs for help. Anyway to to the chase Draco gives part of his heart to save the soon to be king.

Things turn sour as years later, Draco; the very last Dragon on Earth discovers that the King is well a monster really. He befriends a Dragon slayer and together they con villagers out of money to “rid their village of the Dragon”. This Dragon Slayer was once the man who trained Kind Einon when he was a boy.

Anyway Einon hates Dragons and tries his best to kill Draco and the Dragon slayer. In the end, Draco ends up being caught by the King and tide up and everything. Its then that he and the Dragon Slayer realize the only way to save the Kingdom from the king is for Draco to die. And so Draco kills himself, or the Slayer kills him, I cant remember clearly.

But King Einon ends up dead when Draco dies and Draco gets to join his fellow Dragons in the stars.

i know not very good, but i tried. :p

Dungeons and Dragons Evocata_Draco_Dragonheart1

Part Two

I didnt understand this sowwwiiii

Sources: my brain and www.imdb.com[/img]
Back to top Go down
Kit
1st Year
1st Year
Kit

Female
Regist. date : 2006-12-12
Number of posts : 257
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Award Bar :
Dungeons and Dragons Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Dungeons and Dragons Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons EmptyWed Jan 10 2007, 20:06

Part One
The Dragonlance Chronicles feature dragons as sideline characters, but also as tools of war. The first book, Dragons of Autumn Twilight features two main dragons near the end of the novel. The elder dragon, mourning her dead children, care for the human prisoner children as her own, while the commander's dragon sees them as merely meat. The story itself is about a pack of mismatched travellers who hope to defeat the darkness and stop the wars to return their home to its previous glory and return the old Gods to the Earth. At the end, they are captured and must find a way to escape the prison. When instigating a mass breakout, the children catch the enemy commander's dragon's attention, which leads him to swoop down on the children. The old dragon, almost blind, but wise in the ways of fighting due to many years of experience, protects the children as if they were her own and kills the commander's dragon, sacrificing her life in the progress.

incidentally, this series, and others in this world, is where the names Raistlin and Kitiara (the original form of my nickname) come from.

Part Two
Dear Diary.
This is the day after our battle, and I'm afraid that my poor dragon, dearest Aidan, is horribly wounded. The sword just had to pierce his wing when I was busy paying attention to the right side. How dare they team up on us. I wasn't wounded, but now I am grounded to take care of Aidan. I don't mean grounded the same way that children are forced to stay home or in their room. I mean that I can't fly, unless with a broomstick. Aidan was wounded near the end of the battle, so I was lucky enough to not suffer through it long without adrenaline making life easier. I’d rather not have to hear people’s screams without that adrenaline, that beautiful adrenaline coursing through my veins. That doesn’t mean I’m not on the side of the Dark. I just rather feel other’s pain in the right mood. Oh dear, moral dilemma. The battle was won, thankfully, but I fear that it is only the first of many.

Anyways, onto what I did yesterday. We had a tad bit of prior warning before we were all launched up with our dragons against those of the “good” side. For a side that is reputedly good, they sure use many tricks. Since I’m merely a scout, I wasn’t supposed to be -in- the battle, but I must say that my skill with a crossbow and spear really did help in this situation. My spear was already in its holster on Aidan when we took off, and I always keep my crossbow on me. The enemy took over us as we got off the ground, and we engaged in battle immediately. Oh dear, Commander’s calling. I’ll write more later. Love you, dearest diary.

Bonus
Dungeons and Dragons PSISVP4204_360
Back to top Go down
Raistlin The Wizard
Headmaster : Slytherin Head of House: Astronomy Professor : 1st Year : Master of All
Headmaster : Slytherin Head of House: Astronomy Professor : 1st Year : Master of All
Raistlin The Wizard

Male
Regist. date : 2006-07-26
Number of posts : 11497
Real First Name : Lost in the mists of time...
Warning :
Dungeons and Dragons Left_bar_bleue3 / 33 / 3Dungeons and Dragons Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin!
Crest : Dungeons and Dragons Slythe10
Award Bar :
Dungeons and Dragons Left_bar_bleue700 / 700700 / 700Dungeons and Dragons Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons EmptyThu Jan 18 2007, 15:23

Part 1

I’ll talk about Eragon, the book. Eragon tells the story of a young boy named Eragon and his dragon Sapphire. The plot happens in Alagaësia. Eragon finds a blue egg which he thinks to be a magical stone till one day the egg hatches and reveals a small beautiful blue female dragon. Eragon takes care of her but one day two creatures named Ra’zac arrive in his village (Carvahall) after him and Saphire. So they’re forced to leave to join the Varden so he’d help them fight the Empire but also complete his Dragon Rider training. Until they reach the Varden Eragon and Sapphire pass through several obstacles adventures but also find themselves and learn from each other and of each other.

Now I’ll focus on the importance of Dragons to the plot. Sapphire is a main character alongside with Eragon. In fact dragons are portrait as intelligent and powerful creatures, very respected, feared and considered important to determine the future of Alagaësia. In this story a treat was made ages ago between elves and dragons to maintain peace. Therefore dragons’d give some eggs to the elves and the person that the egg hatch for’d become its rider. When the dragon hatched and touched its raider it’d leave a mark in the raider and they’d be forever bound and though a raider could leave if them dragon died the dragon could not live if its raider died. Dragons are such a powerful and magical creatures that they’d affect the raider by making him stronger, faster, better and able to perform magic. In the case of a human raider they’d become physically similar to an elf.

Part 2

Day after battle

Yesterday this land has witnessed the greatest, bloodiest and toughest battle of all battles. Me and Alexander my dragon are tired, minor injured but extremely happy. We won the battle. Not a single elf was left alive and now we the wizards shall rule this land forever. I only regret that so many dragons were killed along the way. We even had to kill the dragons form the other side as they refuse to join us. This is how it all happened:

“There we were on an open field. Elves and Wizards were only 100 meters away. The wind was blowing and the tension was rising as all looked at their enemies. When tension could not longer be put on hold both screamed and the battle begun. I mounted Alexander and there we went to fight other Dragon Raiders. A young dragon and his raider come to us, though they were too unexperienced and Alexander killed them both with a single fire breath. After a few more fights with other Dragon Raiders we were still in pretty good shape due to our experience and out perfect harmony that transformed us into a perfect killing machine. Then I spotted the Elves King he has just killed Aries on of my biggest friends. An anger rose inside me and so we flew to him. The fight lasted 4 hours. Both of us 4 were tired it was matter of time to see who’d give up first to tiredness. Luckily for me it was the Elves King as he left his guard for a second I knocked him of his dragon which got distracted and so Alexander cut its throat. When the other Elves saw their King dead as proud as they were they killed themselves and we were left to the job of slaying their dragons.”

And that’s how it all happen now it’s time to rebuild this world at our will.

Part 3

Dungeons and Dragons Eragon
Back to top Go down
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2007-01-30
Number of posts : 4801
Real First Name : Kate or Katie
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Crest : Dungeons and Dragons Ravenc10
Award Bar :
Dungeons and Dragons Left_bar_bleue102 / 700102 / 700Dungeons and Dragons Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons EmptySun Feb 04 2007, 21:12

Part One:

Dragon on a Pedestal by Piers Anthony in his famous Xanth series. For those of you who have not read a Xanth novel, you should immediately go to Barnes and Noble, grab the first Xanth Novel, A Spell for Chameleon, and read it. Trust me.

In Dragon on a Pedestal, the young three year old daughter of the King Dor and Queen Irene, is left by a zombie (accidently) in the jungles of Xanth. Little Ivy is hit by a forget-whorl and loses her memory. She wanders around lost, eventually stumbling upon the fierce Gap Dragon. Fortunately for her the Gap Dragon has recently been reduced to a very young dragon. After a brief bout of should I eat her or not, the Gap Dragon gives in to Ivy's charm and magic. Every person born in Xanth has a magical gift, Ivy's is the power of enhancement. Ivy believes the dragon to be a good dragon, and thru her magic this belief is enhanced. She quickly dubs him Stanley Steamer, since he is a steam dragon. Joining Ivy and Stanley is Hugo, the son of Good Magician Humphrey and the Gorgon. Ivy helps turn Hugo into her knight in shining armor, and enhances his normally inept power of producing fruit. Usually his fruit is over-ripe or rotten, but in her presence it he conjures perfect fruit.

Meanwhile King Dor and Queen Irene are in a frantic search for their daughter, also dealing with a Wiggle infestation. Wiggles travel is swarms of thousands and bore holes in every thing that they pass through, trees, walls, animals, humans. The one person that can help with all their problems, the Good Magician Humphrey has overdosed on the Fountain of Youth. Princess Ivy, along with Stanley and Hugo, find that their journey is leading them straight into the Wiggles. In the end all parties meet to fight the Wiggles together. Like all Xanth novels it is a story of adventure, puns and magic.

Part Two:

Dear Diary,
I feared that I would not get a chance to write in you again, as I was sure that I was to die today. I could only hope, as I thought of you, diary, that my words would reach other dragon riders, that they may know the fear and the glory of our destiny. Every entry I make may be my last. Perhaps this is the one. Today the battle escalated to a level so fierce that many of my order have perished. I shall not name them here now, it is too painful. I cannot believe I shall never see them again. I myself have been injured, though not gravely. Never before have I been struck while riding Terpsichore, fortunately she has fared better than me.
Sewall, my most hated enemy, struck the first blow while most of my friends were sleeping, I was lucky, if you can call what I've been today that, Terp had woken me early to ride. My dragon likes to stretch her wings and watch the sunrise from high up in the sky. If I'd still been asleep I believe I'd be dead. During the confused warfare that ensued, I saw Sewall. That coward, he rode his dragon, Macabre, safely in the distance. I swear I heard his cruel laughter carried thru the cold wind, reaching my ears as I arrived too late to save my beloved friend Oliver. Tonight his dragon, sweet Thalia, cries and breathes fire into the darkest night I have ever known. Somehow, we were able to fight off our enemies, but we never gained the advantage. We were deadlocked in a winless battle, and Sewall was forced to call off his bloodthirsty minions and their dragon., I shudder to think what they must put their dragons thru to make them so aggressive and brutal.
I know that we will win the war, we must win the war. Tonight the future that I and my people have dreamed off, free from persecution, war, senseless dying, and hunger seems so far away. I look toward Terpsichore, see Thalia's fire reflected in her luminous eyes and know that I must carry on, Tomorrow is another day, and new riders must be found. Tonight my pillow will be wet with tears, but the rising sun will dry them, and the promise of a new day, of victories to come must sustain me.

Part Three:
Dungeons and Dragons 5551077098
Back to top Go down
http://midnightbookgirl.com
Caroru
HE Owl
HE Owl
Caroru

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-24
Number of posts : 15490
Real First Name : Caro
Warning :

Award Bar :
Dungeons and Dragons Left_bar_bleue70 / 70070 / 700Dungeons and Dragons Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons EmptyFri Feb 09 2007, 15:42

Part One

There are many Muggle films/books which have storylines pertaining to dragons. Choose one of these, and write a synopsis of the book/film. How is the dragon important in the plotline? Is the dragon considered a main character or a sideline extra? Try to be as detailed as possible in your answer for the maximum amount of points.

Okay, so I'll take the Dragon from Shrek. And no, I don't think she has another name than... Dragon. Anyway, she's a ordinary dragon, put to guard this Princess named Fiona who has been locked up there until her Prince Charming comes and saves her... and live happily ever after. But things didn't go as planned. Instead of Prince Charming, an Ogre named Shrek, the Lord of the... erm, Swamp, appears there in order to save Princess Fiona, get her alive to Lord Farquaad so that he can marry her, and then get his swamp back, where the evil Lord Farquaad has dumped every single fairy tale creature, like Pinocchio, the Wolf from Little Red Riding Hood (what a peculiar name!) and the Gingerbread Man. As his stunning ride, or just the pain in his butt, Shrek has a rather funny Donkey called... Donkey.
First, you kind of think that "Okay, the Dragon is just a sideline extra!" but later on, Donkey finds love in none other than, DUN DUN DUUUUUUN, the fire spitting Dragon! Who would have thought that these two would find love? YOUR MOM!!!! Well, no, but almost.

Part Two

For part two, I would like you to imagine you are a Dragon Rider. Write a diary entry from the day after a battle. Are you on the side of good or evil? What was your part in the battle? Did you win or lose? How did your dragon fare? Be as descriptive as possible, and write no less than 250 words.

Dear Diary...

I shall name you Bob. Because... I want to. Anyway, Bob, guess what!? I have no legs anymore!!!! Yeeeeep, that's right, noooo legs. Someone *insert cold glare here* ate chili and coughed. Mm-hmm, Pepper, my dragon, did that! But that was the right leg, my left leg sort of got eaten by a three headed shark with a dog tail. Peculiar creature, that! I don't even know why we were flying to Siberia, I mean, it's in Russia!!!! ...right? Our goal was Australia, but I have a feeling in my butt that we kinda sorta missed the target. I knoooooow, terrible, ain't it? Weeeeeell, we got into a battle with this humongous troll with pink hair. Extraordinary, indeed! Being the peaceful and wonderful me, I thought we would make it without a fight. Oh how horribly wrong I was! The troll - which I later on found out was called Muhammed ali Baba el-Toro - liked to eat owls. Hmm. Fancy that. Quite horrible, since I tend to look like an owl... at times. 'At times' being 23½/7... Hmm. I think it comes from my mother's side, really, because my father was--
Oh... right, out of topic! Back to Muhammed ali Baba el-Toro, eh? Well, it (I'm quite confused by the gender of the not-so-lovely-creature) thought it would be nice to have roasted owl and some sliced dragon meat. Me, being a vegetarian in my mind, frown upon thoughts like these. It wasn't after my dear Pepper got bit by a Hippo, purple by the way, in the butt. I didn't do anything - just tickled it! Imagine the pain! Aaaaaanyway, that was when I realized that there's only one way; WAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!! ...or something like it. No one bites my Pepper, darnit! >.< ...not even a purple Hippo!
Turning the direction towards the enemy - in this case being Muhammed ali Baba el-Toro and his purple Hippo - there was no returning back. The battle was rough. No mercy was given from either of us. Luckily, it all cleared up when Rastafar the Diu came flying on his cloud, all high on... Finnish grass.
"Have no fear, my friend, the day has become when me, myself and my grass from Finnish, come to save you, and your weird-looking-excuse-for-a-dragon from the evuuuuhl troll, Muhammed ali Baba el-Toro!" he said and showed off his awesome bling-bling.
"Great," I heard myself say. "That's what we needed, something to put on fire!" And with that said, he handed some grass to me, which I gladly threw at the troll. Pepper sneezed at the smell of it (some yellow/green-ish stuff came out too, I'm not going to tell you why!) and put it on flames. Muhammed ali Baba el-Toro ran around, waving those great arms all around, while the purple Hippo ran away with the three headed shark. With that odd looking tail system... weird.
At last, the last pink hair of Muhammed ali Baba el-Toro's toe hair was gone, and all I could do was say "And so the victory is ours!" And now I know the true meaning of sacrifice. It's when you have given both of your legs, a nice piece of your dragon's butt, wasted some expensive brain cells you won't get from the nearest shop, and thanked Buddha for your contacts with some random Rastafar dude. Now that's what I call talent!

Farewell, my dear friends, and remember - Never tickle a purple Hippo.

Yours truly,
Lady C.

Words: 577

Bonus

Dungeons and Dragons 44jzqip

Sources: Owl brains + http://imdb.com/title/tt0126029/
Back to top Go down
Agatha Black
1st Year
1st Year
Agatha Black

Female
Regist. date : 2007-01-26
Number of posts : 2520
Real First Name : Ame
Warning :

House : Slytherin
Crest : Dungeons and Dragons Slythe10
Award Bar :
Dungeons and Dragons Left_bar_bleue15 / 70015 / 700Dungeons and Dragons Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons EmptyTue Feb 13 2007, 12:51

Dungeons and Dragons Pete110

Pete's Dragon

Pete's dragon is the story of young Pete who is sold into slavery to the Gogan family. After he runs away he stumbles upon a dragon named Elliot. Elliot helps pete escape from the Gogan'sand they make their way to a small New Enlgand fishing town called Passamaquoddy in Maine.Soon after they get there, they meet the lightkeeper named Lampie.(He has a small drinking problem. Persdonally I find this odd in a children's movie.) He takes Pete home with him to the lighthouse. Without knowing it, he also takes Elliot, but he's invisible so Lampie can't see him. He goes down to the beach and hides in a cave. Meanwhile, Lampie introduces Pete to his daughter Nora. Nora is a sweet woman who's long lost love is a fisherman who is lost at sea. The usual mishaps occur as pete and Elliot make their way around town. Espescially since Nora still doesn't believe in Elliot. When the light in the lighthouse is blown out by a storm, no one can get it lit, so Pete goes and gets Elliot who is able to breathe fire on the wet wick and start the flame back up. Good Dragon. Doing this helps bring a boat safely into the harbor that was about to crash on the rocks. This ship just so happens to be carrying Nora's long lost love in it. When the local magician/con-artist arrives in town he and his asisstant follow Lampie back to where Elliot is hiding. Seeing a real dragon, they both concoct a plan to steal Elliot and sell his many parts or use him in their show. Their plan is unraveled as teh whole bunch come together to help protect Elliot.

Elliott is very important to the storyline as he is one of the main character's in this story. He hleps Pete escape, he relights the lighthouse, and he fights the evil con-man.

Part 2-

Saturday October 14th....
What a day we had yesterday. During the battle, I thought for sure the mornings sunrise was the last I would ever get to see. Had it not been for my dear Salem, I do not think we would have been so victorious. She really deserves the glory for winning the fight. When the evil trolls decided to storm upon the elves, I knew I would need her help more than anyone elses. She knew exactly which part of their army to disable in order to cut them off and trap them, to keep the bloodshed to a minimum. Before she had accomplished this, there were many attacks which led to the slaughter of many innocent victims. And to think I almost listened to my friends and family when they told me dragons were dangerous wild animals that only care for themselves. If only they could see us now, out here on our own just me and my best friend, a dragon. I owe her my life. The way she seized control of the battle yesterday was indescribable. The trolls were forefitting within minutes. I have pledged to care and love for her as long as I live. So we shall live together through the good and the bad until one of us is no longer in this world. Hopefully a long time from now. For now though, we must go and help the elves rebuild all that was destroyed. Slowly things will get back to the way they were. All in good time. For now I will leave you and will write again in the new day.

Forever yours...Sir Blanco
Back to top Go down
Amy
Amy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 11746
Real First Name : Amy
Warning :

Award Bar :
Dungeons and Dragons Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700Dungeons and Dragons Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons EmptyFri Feb 16 2007, 07:59

Well done to everyone who took part!

GRYFFINDOR
KatieBellaTrix: 48
Caroru: 48

RAVENCLAW
Kit: 47
Rigby Dumbledore: 48

HUFFLEPUFF
Etta: 26

SLYTHERIN
Raistlin the Wizard: 48
Agatha Black: 37

You may continue to post your class responses below!
Back to top Go down
http://amyxaphania.livejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons Empty

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons
Page 1 of 1