Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
GM: Interview With A Ghost Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSGM: Interview With A Ghost Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

GM: Interview With A Ghost

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elana
5th Year
5th Year
Elana

Female
Regist. date : 2006-04-16
Number of posts : 7562
Real First Name : Elana
Warning :
GM: Interview With A Ghost Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3GM: Interview With A Ghost Right_bar_bleue

House : RAVENCLAW!
Crest : GM: Interview With A Ghost Ravenc10
Wand : Willow and Unicorn Tail Hair
Award Bar :
GM: Interview With A Ghost Left_bar_bleue93 / 70093 / 700GM: Interview With A Ghost Right_bar_bleue

GM: Interview With A Ghost Empty
PostSubject: GM: Interview With A Ghost   GM: Interview With A Ghost EmptySat Sep 20 2008, 11:59

EVENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 5!

Interview With A Ghost

Thank you all for coming today for a visit from our guest, Rita Skeeter. Ever since she made that arrangement with Hermione, she's been searching for a new area to get in to; she's hoping that writing for an obscure magazine will get her rediscovered, and so has agreed to do a series on ghosts for The Quibbler. As Hogwarts has such an ample amount, she decided that this was a great place to start - and came while the visiting ghosts are here! She's hanging out in the SPS classroom for the day, hoping to bump into a couple ghosts to question. For credit in this class, you just have to answer her questions! You can post at any time, whether after the first or fifth question - and you can answer only the previous question, or all of them! Naturally, the more questions you answer the more points you'll receive for your efforts. This is another role playing class, so remember who your ghost is!

There will be a possibility for 100 points for this class, and an award point for the best answers.

Grading Criteria: accuracy/believability of information, staying in character of ghost chosen in sign-up, and writing more than one sentence per post.

If you use a source, make sure to cite it in the post used in!

~*~*~*~

Flipping her unnaturally blonde curls out of her eyes, Rita sat down in the professor's swivel chair. She crossed her legs, pushing off from the ground to take a spin. If she wasn't so desperate to get a out of her apartment, she doubted that she'd have taken the offer for this job. Interviewing ghosts? What a great way to spend a day. (Prove her wrong! You're as exciting as anyone she's interviewed!) Popping her gum and tapping her bright green quill against her violently violet skirt, she waited for the first ghost. The Supernatural and Paranormal Studies Professor had promised to spread the word about her being here today; hopefully someone would show. As if on cue, a semi-transparent gray figure glided into the room from the hallway outside, not even bothering to use the door. Although she had gone to school here, she had never quite gotten used to the way ghosts could do that. But she plastered a smile on her face and motioned the ghost towards her.

"My name is Rita Skeeter," she announced. "I'm sure you've heard of me - and I've probably heard of you! Mind answering a few questions?" Not waiting for an answer, she flipped open a pad of paper, poised her pen to write, and asked in quick succession, "So tell me, what's it like being a ghost? How do you spend your days? Which was better, your life or this?"

Last edited by Elana on Wed Nov 05 2008, 15:16; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://theunlockedcloset.moonfruit.com/
Gemma_Cullen-Malfoy
Arts Professor : 4th Year : Muffin - dominating worlds near you!
Gemma_Cullen-Malfoy

Female
Regist. date : 2007-06-14
Number of posts : 2020
Real First Name : Penguin Princess
Warning :
GM: Interview With A Ghost Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3GM: Interview With A Ghost Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin *squeee*
Crest : GM: Interview With A Ghost Slythe10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
GM: Interview With A Ghost Left_bar_bleue65 / 70065 / 700GM: Interview With A Ghost Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: GM: Interview With A Ghost   GM: Interview With A Ghost EmptyWed Oct 29 2008, 16:46

[The Brown Lady]

She was thoroughly enjoying her stay at Hogwarts castle, meeting all those other soul imprints and just mingling with all the students. However, The Brown Lady felt she had let her attention to the actual classes slide horribly, yet she couldn't exactly bring herself to doing something that demanded hard work. Therefore she had decided to take part in the interview with the reporter woman she had heard was residing at the same place for the time being.

As she floated down the corridor, she wondered just what kind of questions to expect. Would she have to reveal a lot about her human past? Would it be possible to avoid the subject altogether? She'd be too happy if it was indeed the case, but then again she was here to reveal her nature, wasn't she? Confusion crept through her, and she was glad to have reached the east wall of the SPS classroom. In contrast to her usual behaviour, she swiveled to the left and stepped right past the cold stone.

An annoyingly sweet and extremely fake smile greeted her, barely helping the horrible sight the woman was. Violent colours were battling each other for domination in the appearance, and her voice sounded like vile bubblegum. Okay, so that was a weird definition and definitely made no sense, but it was a fact and the Lady liked to stick with those. A cascade of exclamations and questions washed over her before she could as much as opne her mouth, and she sat back for on an abandoned table, waiting for the women to finish her rant.

"Hello. While I must say I have not heard of you before, you may indeed have heard of me. I am The Brown Lady, as people say, and for some reason I quite like that name. Obviously I do not mind answering your questions, for else I would not have bothered to come here and attend your little interview session, would I?"

She flashed a true Slytherin smirk at the woman, and hey, there definitely was some silver and green blood flowing through her veins - ahem, there had been such blood flowing through them before she had had to leave life behind. Shaking her head mutely she let the thoughts swirl around her mind for a while before pushing them aside. Only then did she turn her gaze back to the Skeeter woman and continued talking in her quiet, but attention-demanding voice.

"What is it like, being a ghost. Now that is a nice question, my dear. I, for one, would say it is one of the worst things that might happen to a soul after dying. You see, there is a reason as to why you become a ghost when others just pass away and abandon Earth altogether, and that reason is barely ever pleasant. Because of this, I doubt anybody would find being a ghost a pleasure in itself. Now that I live like this, I am however quite fond of my second existence. I spend many a days reading a good book, listening to the best music from any of the years I lived in - in whatever state -, learning new things."

Her voice drifted off once more, wanting to leave an impression on the other. Yes, she was a ghost, but that didn't mean she couldn't be intellectual and inspiring. The expression of the reporter, though, had her change her mind. This one was probably into the juicy stuff.

"Of course the most interesting part about this is getting to hear all the gossip. When you're grey, pearly, and not exactly of the same substance as the humans you are around, they easily tend to forget your presence. Every other time they simply chatter away, allowing me access to their deepest secrets and all that. Can you imagine the fun of it? Oh, the news I could surely tell you from what I heard just in the last twentyfour hours, you wouldn't believe it! But I'm getting distracted, this is about us ghosts after all..."

The Lady smiled in a way amazingly similar to Skeeter when she'd entered the room, and observed the woman's features like a stalker observes his prey, waiting for the right moment to strike. She was the kind of person who'd go after every bit of gossip, she'd swear she was, and the bait had been successfully laid out. If things went as planned, she'd avoided the most critical question without even drawing attention to the fact, instead hooking the newspaper woman on Hogwarts happenings that were not necessarily true. The Lady barely kept herself from sneering - she loved taunting those darn living souls, making them pay for all they'd had her suffer...
Back to top Go down
Elana
5th Year
5th Year
Elana

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :
GM: Interview With A Ghost Left_bar_bleue93 / 70093 / 700GM: Interview With A Ghost Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: GM: Interview With A Ghost   GM: Interview With A Ghost EmptyWed Oct 29 2008, 17:15

Shocked at the fact the ghost hadn't heard of her (she was sure she was famous, in the world of the living and the dead! She was the Rita Skeeter, however disgraced!), Rita tried to not let it show. She couldn't help but let an actual smile through at the ghost's first speech - she suddenly liked her a lot better as she was reminded of herself. Rita wrote down the ghost's name with a flourish and looked in the general direction of the Lady. As it was hard to focus on her, she looked above what she thought could be the right shoulder at some models hanging on the back wall. She was in the middle of considering becoming a ghost herself when the Brown Lady answered her question.

Surprised at the news that being a ghost wasn't all fun and games - haunting enemies and all that - and was instead a lot more like life, Rita hurried to jot down what she had processed before she forgot. Although this was an interesting fact, she was hoping that there would be something more to the Brown Lady's existence than she was letting on. As if reading her mind, the ghost mentioned gossip. Immediately focused, Rita exclaimed, "Oh, do tell, do tell!"

She had leaned forward, the smile on her face telling her need for something exciting, before she caught herself. "Well," she said, chiding herself, "maybe just one little story, and then we'll get back to you. Don't think I caught if you liked this life better than your past one? And if you've met anyone from your past? That would be interesting!"

(Remember, anyone can still post and answer these questions or the past ones! Just follow Gemma's excellent example!)
Back to top Go down
Gemma_Cullen-Malfoy
Gemma_Cullen-Malfoy

Female
Regist. date : 2007-06-14
Number of posts : 2020
Real First Name : Penguin Princess
Warning :

House : Slytherin *squeee*
Crest : GM: Interview With A Ghost Slythe10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
GM: Interview With A Ghost Left_bar_bleue65 / 70065 / 700GM: Interview With A Ghost Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: GM: Interview With A Ghost   GM: Interview With A Ghost EmptyWed Oct 29 2008, 17:36

[The Brown Lady]

The Lady noticed the other's gaze sliding past her shoulder, focusing on something, but definitely not on her. Another laugh was held back, for she loved those times when her blurry self made onlookers uneasy and trying to divert their attention. One of the many tricks a ghost could make use of to haunt the ones still granted life, and whose life didn't become incredibly better with a little insanity to spice it up?

Then again, this lady - if you could call her that - in front of her probably lived for gossip alone, if her reaction to mentioning it was any hint. She definitely wanted something new and exciting, she seemed to actually glow from the inside at the g-word and the Lady could have sworn that if she started spilling something now, the reporter would drink in her every word. As a matter of fact, she pondered, why not try it out?

"Ah, I guess I could offer one tiny little story. I'm not sure you've heard the rumor before, but it's told that Headmistress Elfie sent the purple hippo on a weird and slightly pointless mission. People keep whispering about it being supposed to find NOOBS and recruit them onto the HE...rumor has it she plans for them to be her future minions, some kind of mental confusion apparently because she never had a NOOB time herself, as opposed to every other living - and dead - soul attending."

Satisfaction tingled inside her somewhere as she continued observing the reaction she was able to draw. It was as if she'd offered a piece of bloody meat to a raging Manticore, an innocent girl to a Dementor, a talent-free student to the legendary Snape - absolutely fascinating. Emotions seemed to wash over Skeeter's face without control, but perhaps she was a bit too excited about this herself. It had after all been a while since she'd last had this kind of fun...which brought her to the next set of questions.

"But now we shall get back to the subject of this interview: me. Or, yeah, ghosts in general but obviously no other being had the decency to delight you with its presence, so you shall be limited to my opinion for now. Well, well - my life. I must say, the first existence wasn't quite what I would have asked for, had I been offered the chance. Surely you understand the disadvantages that come with being locked up in your house by your husband?"

Now she really became the stalker keeping an incredibly close eye on the prey. She doubted she'd ever told anybody about this, and yes she was aware it would be in newspapers all over the world if the woman decided to modify the whole thing a bit or anything, but honestly, the emotions this revelation was sure to draw were just too delicious. For a long second, the Lady wondered whether the reporter would manage to guess the answer to the next question. In the end, she decided to wait for that instead of plainly answering herself.

"As I said, there's most often a reason for someone to stay around after death..."
Back to top Go down
Elana
5th Year
5th Year
Elana

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: GM: Interview With A Ghost   GM: Interview With A Ghost EmptyMon Nov 03 2008, 15:39

"Wonderful!" Elfie? Recruiting NOOBS? Now that was the makings of a fantastic undercover story! Rita wrote that down and was itching to start on that project - what the headmistresses/masters of these schools really did in their spare time - but reminded herself that she had to get this out of the way first. And, judging from the Lady's next words, she hadn't let on how intriguing her time here had been.

"Oh my!" she gasped, hearing the last bit. "Locked up by your husband?! Well, now I have a good reason to give for never marrying!" She wiggled her bare ring finger, smirking slightly, and flipped her lank curls over a shoulder. "A reason to stay behind?" she asked, raising her perfectly plucked eyebrows (their color didn't match her hair, which she hadn't quite figured out how to hide). "Could this be the haunting I've heard that many ghosts do? Have you met others that haunt, or is that a misconception, and you a rarity? I know I'll have people to get even with after I'm gone," she said grimly, more than a handful of faces pictured in her mind.
Back to top Go down
Elana
5th Year
5th Year
Elana

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: GM: Interview With A Ghost   GM: Interview With A Ghost EmptyWed Nov 05 2008, 15:18

Great interviewing you, Gemma! Or should I say, the Brown Lady? You made her into quite a character - wonderful work!

Slytherin

Gemma-Cullen_Malfoy: 100 + 1 award point
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GM: Interview With A Ghost   GM: Interview With A Ghost Empty

Back to top Go down

GM: Interview With A Ghost
Page 1 of 1