Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSsnape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell

Go down 
+9
Snapes_girl
Ilyria
Dark Angel
Just_Ginny
WytchKitty
Fated4HP
Moony
polly
tonks and remus always
13 posters
AuthorMessage
tonks and remus always
1st Year
1st Year
tonks and remus always

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-24
Number of posts : 164
Real First Name : jessica
Warning :
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Right_bar_bleue

House : hufflepuff
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Right_bar_bleue

snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Empty
PostSubject: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptyFri May 12 2006, 04:08

when Draco and Harry are duelling, Harry knocked Draco off with his spell and Snape pushes him back to his feet and whispers something in his ears. Next thing Draco does is the Serpent-spell and the snake comes out of his wand. before Harry can do anything at all, Snape steps forward and says he's going to remove it from him. Did he tell Draco to set the serpent on Harry? But if he did, why did he want to get rid of it again before Harry even tried to do anything. if he really wanted Draco to do that, why didn't he let Harry struggle with the snake and then remove it once it's clear that the 'famous Harry Potter' isn't capable to deal with it (that would have been Snape-like)? Now it seems he didn't want Draco to do that and it seemed like he wanted to get rid of the snake because they weren't supposed to do any other spells but the Expelliarmos-spell... (but that's not really Snape-like either)
is he battling with his conscious or trying to discredit harry but not doing a very good job at it?
Back to top Go down
polly
3rd Year
3rd Year
polly

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-12
Number of posts : 10718
Real First Name : Polly
Warning :
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Right_bar_bleue

House : Ravenclaw!
Crest : snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Ravenc10
Wand : Hawthorn and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Left_bar_bleue11 / 70011 / 700snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptySun May 14 2006, 02:53

err interesting i always thaught that snape told draco the spell but mabey snape thaought with that spell draco was bound to win.
Back to top Go down
Moony
1st Year
1st Year
Moony

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 461
Real First Name : Paige
Warning :

House : gryffindor
Award Bar :
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptySun May 14 2006, 10:29

Draco must have known the spell, and possibly snape reminded it of him, as you cant just fire a spell without knowing the wand movements can you?
Back to top Go down
Fated4HP
5th Year
5th Year
Fated4HP

Male
Regist. date : 2006-03-05
Number of posts : 5918
Location : Embraced by the dark side, found only in shadows of my evil mind!
Real First Name : Jesse
Warning :

House : SLYTHERIN
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptyFri Jun 09 2006, 05:57

I'm kind of thinking a few possibilities 1. Snape told Draco to do a different spell but Draco went ahead and did the Serpensortia one.

2. Snape did tell Draco to do the Serpensortia spell to just give Harry a bit of a scare. Kind of like taunt but a discreet kind of taunt where it is brief but to the point. Remember being head of Slytherin house, Snape has a lot of pride in his slytherins and so he may have just wanted Draco to give Potter a taste of humiliation??
3. Snape could be having some inner conflicts though it isn't really visable in this book as much
4. A very rare probably impossible thing but maybe Snape can see Harry's potential and maybe at first he was wanting to test him but right afterwards he thought better of it??

These are just a few of my observations and thoughts.
Jesse affraid
Back to top Go down
WytchKitty
1st Year
1st Year
WytchKitty

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-24
Number of posts : 1993
Real First Name : Tiff
Warning :

House : Slytherin
Crest : snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Slythe10
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptyFri Jun 23 2006, 05:25

I thought Snape wanted to test Harry's abilities. Maybe he knew that since Voldemort was a Parselmouth, perhaps that carried over to Harry?
Back to top Go down
Fated4HP
5th Year
5th Year
Fated4HP

Male
Regist. date : 2006-03-05
Number of posts : 5918
Location : Embraced by the dark side, found only in shadows of my evil mind!
Real First Name : Jesse
Warning :

House : SLYTHERIN
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptyMon Jun 26 2006, 11:20

Nahh, Snape's too slick and cunning hence why he's a Slytherin. Snape wanted Draco to show Harry up cuz he hates Harry.
Back to top Go down
Just_Ginny
1st Year
1st Year
Just_Ginny

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-26
Number of posts : 10804
Real First Name : Rachel
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff! HUFF PUFF BADGERS FOR THE WIN!
Award Bar :
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Left_bar_bleue25 / 70025 / 700snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptyMon Jul 31 2006, 08:03

I agree with Jesse. I think that he just wanted to freak Harry out. And then when Harry acted like he couldn't handle the snake Snape "came to the rescue".
Back to top Go down
http://charmedchildren.proboards51.com
Dark Angel
1st Year
1st Year
Dark Angel

Female
Regist. date : 2006-08-07
Number of posts : 271
Warning :

House : SLYTHERIN!!! In the Slippery Serpents Dorm!!!
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptyThu Aug 24 2006, 17:37

WytchKitty wrote:
I thought Snape wanted to test Harry's abilities. Maybe he knew that since Voldemort was a Parselmouth, perhaps that carried over to Harry?

I think this is probably true - i mean slimy as he is, snape is pretty clever, and this theory would work on whatever side snape is really on too
Back to top Go down
Ilyria
5th Year
5th Year
Ilyria

Female
Regist. date : 2006-09-20
Number of posts : 2448
Location : IN MY GINGERBREAD HOUSE NEXT TO AMBY IN THE GAMES FORUM IM ADOPTED BY GINNY AND FATED!!
Real First Name : Lizzie
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw: THE OFFICIAL H.E. GHOST!
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptyTue Sep 26 2006, 06:04

I dont think draco knew it, though i think perhaps he knew of it, and it was a ploy of both snape and draco to make harry look foolish. i also think that perhaps snape wondered whether harry had the ability of parseltoungue though im not entirely sure of this
Back to top Go down
Snapes_girl
1st Year
1st Year
Snapes_girl

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 6274
Real First Name : Nancy
Warning :

House : Slytherin - Where I have always belonged
Award Bar :
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Left_bar_bleue3 / 7003 / 700snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptyThu Nov 02 2006, 15:57

I think he whispered something like "Don't let him get you, Malfoy." Or get up and fight like a man."

I really don't think he wanted the snake thing to happen. Unless he wanted to see if Harry was a parcelmouth like Voldemort was. To see if powers of Voldemort's powers really did get transferred to Harry.

This is an excellent question.
Back to top Go down
KatieBellaTrix
5th Year
5th Year
KatieBellaTrix

Female
Number of posts : 5236
Real First Name : Let's Leave it at Katie... XD
Warning :

House : Gryffindor Girlie
Crest : snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Gryffi10
Award Bar :
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Left_bar_bleue53 / 70053 / 700snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptyWed Nov 29 2006, 14:23

I agree with Snapes_Girl. He was probably just yelling at Malfoy for falling in the first place. Like "Get up Now!" or "You can beat him"

I never though of your question though, it was a good one.
Back to top Go down
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :

House : ravenclaw
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptyFri May 11 2007, 21:27

i dont think snape knew about the parseltounge thing b/c when he and everyone else found out they were all scared and snapes face i belive it said had turned white.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
polly
3rd Year
3rd Year
polly

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-12
Number of posts : 10718
Real First Name : Polly
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw!
Wand : Hawthorn and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Left_bar_bleue11 / 70011 / 700snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptySat May 12 2007, 04:23

maybe snape being able to read minds could have known all the while that Harry could talk to snakes and he proberly said hed get rid of it becuase he knew lockhart would try and give harry time to talk to the snake meaning that harry would then show himself up
Back to top Go down
stephy
stephy

Female
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :

Award Bar :
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptySat May 12 2007, 21:39

but lockhart didnt know that harry was a parseltounge
Back to top Go down
KatieBellaTrix
5th Year
5th Year
KatieBellaTrix

Female
Number of posts : 5236
Real First Name : Let's Leave it at Katie... XD
Warning :

House : Gryffindor Girlie
Award Bar :
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Left_bar_bleue53 / 70053 / 700snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptySun Dec 30 2007, 13:52

How could he have read anybdy's mind if nobody including Harry knew he was a pareseltongue?
Back to top Go down
ginnyunited
1st Year
1st Year

Female
Regist. date : 2007-10-14
Number of posts : 5673
Real First Name : Cassandra (aka. Cassie, Casey, Cass, Case)
Warning :

House : Gryffindor
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptySun Jan 20 2008, 12:20

I think (like someone said before but I don't know who) that Snape told him another spell, but Draco just went ahead and did the serpent one
Back to top Go down
violetriddle
5th Year
5th Year
violetriddle

Female
Regist. date : 2008-02-14
Number of posts : 35370
Real First Name : Lesley
Warning :

House : The Wonderful House of Salazar Slytherin
Wand : Walnut & Dragon Heartstring
Award Bar :
snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Left_bar_bleue203 / 700203 / 700snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptyWed Feb 20 2008, 21:42

I always thought,since Voldemort could talk to snakes and Snape knew it,he wanted to see if Harry was the same way,i mean after reading the 4th book ithought about it.
Back to top Go down
stephy
stephy

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell EmptyMon Aug 16 2010, 22:54

Ummm.. I dunno. maybe Snape told him to conjure a snake so he could come to Harry's recuse. It'll be like the Sly Slytherin over taking the brave Gryffindors lol After Harry talked to the snake didn't Snape's face turn white? I'm pretty certain it did. I'd have to reread the book. Anywhoo it would show that this frighten him just like it did with every other magical folk but I believe it scared Snape for a different reason than everyone else. Everyone else was afraid because they knew that Slazar Slytherin and the Dark Lord could speak to snakes and thought that Harry might be related to Salazar. As for why Snape reacted the why he did maybe he thought that Harry was related to Voldie or I dunno...

Also conjuring alive things is pretty advanced magic. Something that's taught to sixth years. Draco would have been taught ahead of time. There was no way Snape could tell him the words and he would be able to preform that by waving his wand for teh first time. I believe that for the dueling club once everyone signed up Snape taught some of his favorite Slytherins (Malfoy) some helpful spells. He would have had to practice awhile to get the hang of that spell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell   snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell Empty

Back to top Go down

snape, draco, duelling and serpent spell
Page 1 of 1