Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSCHALLENGE: HE Memories Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

CHALLENGE: HE Memories

Go down 
+4
Clafin
amberg93
stephy
Raistlin The Wizard
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Raistlin The Wizard
Headmaster : Slytherin Head of House: Astronomy Professor : 1st Year : Master of All
Headmaster : Slytherin Head of House: Astronomy Professor : 1st Year : Master of All
Raistlin The Wizard

Male
Regist. date : 2006-07-26
Number of posts : 11497
Real First Name : Lost in the mists of time...
Warning :
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Left_bar_bleue3 / 33 / 3CHALLENGE: HE Memories Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin!
Crest : CHALLENGE: HE Memories Slythe10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Left_bar_bleue700 / 700700 / 700CHALLENGE: HE Memories Right_bar_bleue

CHALLENGE: HE Memories Empty
PostSubject: CHALLENGE: HE Memories   CHALLENGE: HE Memories EmptySun Feb 21 2016, 09:43

CHALLENGE: HE Memories Memori10

In HE we always had amazing moments, now we want you to remember them.

First, please state what does HE mean to you, what it has done for you and then let us know your favourite memories for the following categories:

- Happiest moment on HE
- Funniest moment on HE
- Saddest moment on He
- Most treasured moment on HE
 - Other (any memory that does not fall in the above categories but that you feel is worth mentioning)

100 points will be given per memory and introductory statement for a total of 600 HousePoints.

Last edited by Raistlin The Wizard on Mon Mar 28 2016, 09:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3CHALLENGE: HE Memories Right_bar_bleue

House : ravenclaw
Crest : CHALLENGE: HE Memories Ravenc10
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700CHALLENGE: HE Memories Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: CHALLENGE: HE Memories   CHALLENGE: HE Memories EmptyMon Feb 22 2016, 19:49

Some of these might seem very vague but some sections are too hard to pinpoint to one event.

The main thing about HE back when I was a super active member was it was a great place for me to come online and RP with some of the most creative people I know. Over time I ventured outside of the RP section after LilyFlower got me more involved in the rest of the site and I had a lot of fun doing all of the challenges and the classes were great cause it made you feel like you were a hogwarts student. The main thing I liked about this site was no matter what house you were in everyone made you feel like you were apart of this huge weird family and I loved that part of the site the most. Everyone was so encouraging and some of the most thoughtful people you would meet.

Happiest moment on HE:
There were a lot of great moments on HE. I would say the best moments I had was in the RPG forums. That was what caught my attention when I joined, what I loved doing the most here, and what I do miss the most. I had a lot of great RP threads with Kaitlyn, she was the best RP'er in the Great Hall that I have met. We easily could develop interesting plots and we built off of each other so well. When we RP'ed together we would each write what seemed like a book and it wasn't a long post like you were ready for it to end, it was filled with so much information and so much was happening. I was sad to see her leave what with her getting busy with college and I had always hoped she would return.

Funniest Moment on HE:
I think anything involving Caro was hilarious. Especially the whole Fluffybear thing. CHALLENGE: HE Memories 410894 Caro has to be the most hilarious person I have ever met on this site and I don't think anyone could take her title.

Saddiest Moment on HE:
I will probably guess many will think the same thing but I believe the saddest thing to happen on HE was hearing about the passing of Brunette/Holly. I don't believe I knew Holly as well as many others but I had grown to like her after chatting with her many nights in the chatty box. Every time I talked to her she always seemed so cheerful and she could always put a smile on my face. It was sad to hear of her passing.

Most treasured Moment:
I think my most treasured moment on here was meeting Yvonne. She was a great women who had cancer while she was pregnant. She had to wait out the 9 months until she could receive any treatment for her cancer. They only found out she had cancer because of her pregnancy and she would say her son was her mericle (I don't know how to spell this word sad). She was the same age as me and she was a fighter. She received her treatment after she gave birth to her son and the last time I spoke to her she said they were able to get rid of all the cancer. She was another member I did enjoy rp'ing with.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
amberg93
Deputy Head : Gryffindor HoH : Arithmancy & Arts & Muggle Studies Professor : 5th Year
Deputy Head : Gryffindor HoH : Arithmancy & Arts & Muggle Studies Professor : 5th Year
amberg93

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-11
Number of posts : 16910
Real First Name : Amber/Amby :D
Warning :
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3CHALLENGE: HE Memories Right_bar_bleue

House : Gryffindor!
Crest : CHALLENGE: HE Memories Gryffi10
Award Bar :
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Left_bar_bleue391 / 700391 / 700CHALLENGE: HE Memories Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: CHALLENGE: HE Memories   CHALLENGE: HE Memories EmptySun Feb 28 2016, 21:39

Over the years, HE has been a stable part of my life. It brought me into contact with MarieC, who I'd go on to later marry. In fact, I'm sitting down next to her in our apartment and that's all thanks to this amazing site. HE saw me through my teenage years and into my early twenties and has been a part of my life for almost half of it. Although I've had my ups and downs in activity, it's always been a place I can return to and love.

Happiest moment on HE
I think the happiest moment for me was when I made deputy head, which was just an incredible feeling to have such an important part in the site that has been such a huge part of my life.

Funniest moment on HE
I'm digging back in the JavaChat days when Jesse (Fated4Hp) tried to unstick himself from a chair using bleach. It still makes me chuckle just to think back on it.

Saddest moment on HE
Learning about Holly (Brunette) passing away was really heartbreaking. She was such an amazing person and the world truly lost someone special when she was taken from it so early. I hope that wherever she is, she's doing well.

Most treasured moment on HE
My most treasured moment... I don't know if I can pinpoint it to anything specific but I'll say that the first time I ever got an award from the other members. That idea that people knew me enough to vote for me and liked me, made me feel part of the site like nothing else ever had.

Other
I think we just need to mention the epic events that took place. Family Fortunes was one of my favorite events that ever taken place and it was great to be able to compete with people and earn points, but do it in a team was simply incredible. The Quadwizard Tornament, School's Out, How Well Do You Know, Music Bootcamp... just all the work that was put into those events that made them so fantastic can't be ignored.
Back to top Go down
http://www.heartofamerica.proboards49.com
Clafin
1st Year
1st Year
Clafin

Female
Regist. date : 2009-07-17
Number of posts : 10947
Real First Name : Caitee
Warning :

House : Gryffindor
Crest : CHALLENGE: HE Memories Gryffi10
Award Bar :
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Left_bar_bleue112 / 700112 / 700CHALLENGE: HE Memories Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: CHALLENGE: HE Memories   CHALLENGE: HE Memories EmptyMon Feb 29 2016, 14:26

- Happiest moment on HE
I used to LOVE RP'ing with everyone back when the site was more active. It was a huge creative outlet, and it was fun being able to create stories with other people and working with the different writing styles!

- Funniest moment on HE
I feel like there was a time when we were all obsessed with that Tiny Ball of Light remix and nobody would stop quoting it for a few months.

- Saddest moment on HE
I personally wasn't here for when Holly passed away, so I feel I can't rightfully say that for this part... So, I'd have to say one of the saddest moments on HE for me was when Amber was diagnosed. (Thank goodness you're doing better now)

I'd have to say that one of the best things about HE as a whole, are the people. It's weird to think about it, but we're like a little family who's never actually met (for the most part).
Back to top Go down
http://dreaming-in-the-daylight.tumblr.com/
LilyFlower
5th Year
5th Year
LilyFlower

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-23
Number of posts : 4195
Real First Name : Veronica
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Crest : CHALLENGE: HE Memories Ravenc10
Wand : Vine Wood & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Left_bar_bleue80 / 70080 / 700CHALLENGE: HE Memories Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: CHALLENGE: HE Memories   CHALLENGE: HE Memories EmptyTue Mar 01 2016, 01:25

It wouldn't be a ten year anniversary if the original Head of Ravenclaw didn't pop their head in and say hi to all you lovely people!!  I'm ten years older, ten years wiser, and ten years--where the hell have you gone?!?!?  So let's jump right in, shall we? Hehe

- Happiest moment on HE

Quidditch.  Always Quidditch.  And of course all the times Ravenclaw triumph over those big bad Slytherins in anything.  Yes Raisty boy I'm lookin' at you when I say that one -winks-

Best moment though was when we won the quidditch cup two years in a row.  But then again another happy moment was when I was picked to be Head and brought in by Sharon.  Then again....if we add hindsight to the floor, it would be meeting my future husband James aka Castledown--yes yes I know another Ravenclaw beater, so sue me!  I have a type haha.  Only 87 more days until we're married and still sooooo much to plan!

- Funniest moment on HE

Funniest moment?  My memories unfortunately aren't what they used to be, but if I'm recalling correctly any joke played on Jessie Fated4Hp did have it's highlighting moments--ESPECIALLY when he talked tough about how he'd win everything and then lose miserably to us Ravens.  All talk....little game haha.

- Saddest moment on He

Holly was like the daughter and little sister I always wanted.  She was a ray of sunshine and the day I found out that she had passed on, I knew I would have to tell everyone else on the site about what happened.  I was close with her both her and her twin brother--she was part of quadruplets with two other sisters that didn't spend time on the site.  Holly had a beautiful soul and towards the end things hadn't gone well for her with the passing of their dad not too long before she passed on.  Despite all the hard times she had she always found a way to cheer me up and she always had a smile on her face.  That was something I always felt was really special and it's the reason why people gravitated to her.  She was a ray of positivity despite everything that had happened to her in her life.  I'm a better person now because I got to know her.  She was more than just another Ravenclaw, or a Keeper, or a member on the site.  She was someone you always wanted to be around and I'm lucky to have known her for the time that she was around.  If it wasn't for HE I wouldn't have met a lot of wonderful people.

Joining this site, because if I hadn't my life would be very different right now.  I wouldn't be marrying my best friend, I wouldn't have met such wonderful people, I wouldn't have had the experiences I experienced in my life.  My life is richer because one day I randomly decided to enter the chat of a site that must not be named and met Elfie, Swifty, Amy, Etta, Herby, Marie, and Wytchy, and I wouldn't have been convinced (though didn't really need much of an invitation for it hehe) to sign up in the beginning days of HE.  Elfie you created something very special here and if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be who I am right now.  Thank you for everything lovely! <3  

- Other (any memory that does not fall in the above categories but that you feel is worth mentioning)

All the HE weddings, the HE OWL, our original attempts at a podcast in the early days with us Heads, Harmony Forever AND RAVENCLAW BEING THE BEST HOUSE ON THIS SITE!!!!  THERE I SAID IT! HAHAHA

Last edited by LilyFlower on Tue Mar 01 2016, 15:51; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/astronomy_tower/
drkangelcat
2nd Year
2nd Year
drkangelcat

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-01
Number of posts : 4340
Real First Name : Cat
Warning :

House : Slytherin's Official Nut
Wand : Willow & Veela Hair
Award Bar :
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Left_bar_bleue68 / 70068 / 700CHALLENGE: HE Memories Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: CHALLENGE: HE Memories   CHALLENGE: HE Memories EmptyTue Mar 01 2016, 13:56

- Happiest moment on HE
Getting my own dorm with SlytherinPride7 and Gemma-Cullen-Muffin. I still have the drawing of the mascot I made. I am not sure how accurate it was, but at the time I felt like we were the cool kids of Slytherin and the best trio. Haha.

- Funniest moment on HE
I can't remember what led up to it, but the time in chat where it was decided Rai had a butterfly for a soul and it was captured in a jar.

- Saddest moment on HE
When Holly died. Even though I wasn't close to her, it was heartbreaking.

The first time I went on the chat here and met here and I got such a warm welcome. Especially from Nancy. She basically adopted me right on the spot.

So I can't remember the name of it, but I first joined another forum site that was newer and less fleshed out than this one at the time and on there I saw an add Elfie posted for this site. I then ended up joining and fell in love instantly. <3
Back to top Go down
http://drkangelkitty.deviantart.com
romance lover
1st Year
1st Year
romance lover

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-28
Number of posts : 3925
Real First Name : Jess
Warning :

House : Slytherin
Award Bar :
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Left_bar_bleue10 / 70010 / 700CHALLENGE: HE Memories Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: CHALLENGE: HE Memories   CHALLENGE: HE Memories EmptyTue Mar 01 2016, 15:49

HE means so much to me. When I joined it all those years ago I didn't get what I had expected. I thought I would get to RPG all the Dramione I wanted for the rest of my life... which I did... but I also recieved a family. People I could count on to be there always.

- Happiest moment on HE
It's hard to pinpoint one happiest moment but my happiest memories of HE are from the chat rooms. I loved the family we built in the chats. I had some of the funnest times just joking around with Caroru, Just_Ginny, Amberg93, LilyFlower, Roman, Fated4HP, Emma, Raistlin and so many other people.. it was never ending the people you could meat on HE and each one of them were special and we all had the best thing in common: We LOVED Harry Potter!

- Funniest moment on HE
The Bleach. Jesse glued himself to a chair and tried using bleach to get "unstuck". This was referenced 100's of times to follow which made it even funnier.

- Saddest moment on HE
The saddest moments to me were the ones when people started leaving and not ever coming back. We had built such a tight nit family here and when people we started to really care about stopped coming around it was heartbreaking. (Jesse, Roman, Mike)

One night it was stormy and gross out and I couldn't sleep and I got on HE and no one was on but Caroru and we stayed up all night talking and playing HE games on the Games Galore Forum and I had so much fun. We didn't always get along all that great but that night when we were the only ones online we bonded and talked about a lot of things and I think that at the time I was a girl with brown hair wishing I was blonde hating the way I looked and uncomfortable in who I was. But we were the same age and we talked about our insecurities and I think that was the first time I really loved myself for who I was and not what I wanted to be. This may seem like a little moment to some but I think it really defined the woman I grew up to be. So this would definitely have to be my most treasured moment.

Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/sweet_tart_barbie_7
MarieC
2nd Year
2nd Year
MarieC

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 4309
Real First Name : Marie-Christiane
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff
Crest : CHALLENGE: HE Memories Huffle10
Award Bar :
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Left_bar_bleue115 / 700115 / 700CHALLENGE: HE Memories Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: CHALLENGE: HE Memories   CHALLENGE: HE Memories EmptyTue Mar 01 2016, 20:19

Oh boy, I'm starting to become an old lady because I'm having such a hard time thinking through memories of what has marked me on this site... Obviously, it has given me so many opportunities that I couldn't have expected out of an online community. Like Amber already mentioned, this site is where we first started talking. We grew from online acquaintances to real life best friends, to wives. We've been married almost four years now, and that wouldn't have happened if it hadn't been for HE.

HE also gave me a reason to travel, which I don't think I would have ever expected to board a plane all by myself at eighteen, from Montreal to London, so that I could go meet and spend time with great friends I'd made on this site. They still owe me a visit now, but I digress CHALLENGE: HE Memories 410894

Now let's see if I can put some memories together...

Happiest moment on HE
When we made the wedding website, with all the projects that we put together and the quilt, for Sharon and Mick. That was so early in the HE days, but I remember being really excited to present them with what we had done for them. Lisa's story was the best. Is that site still around? I need a link.

Funniest moment on HE
It's been mentioned before, but Jesse's bleach incident in the chatroom, 100%. I still have screencaps of it, and sometimes I'll just go and read through it all again. It was hilarious.

Saddest moment on HE
Holly's passing has been mentioned already, by people who knew her much better than I did. I actually really hardly knew her at all, but I can't really pass it over. I do also remember the passing of another member, in the very beginning of the HE days. Her name was Faith, and she was a really sweet girl, always cheerful, always greeting people like she was just so glad to be able to get a chance to talk to them that day.

Most treasured moment on HE
Honestly, just the feeling of being an online community, coming together from so many different places. We all have different opinions, we have different favorite and least favorite characters, different ships, different values we hold dear, but it never stopped us from having such a great time together. I miss the old HE days, the people I met through this site, some who have disappeared and some who I'm still lucky enough to be in contact with. It may seem like a silly thing to an outsider, but this was something really special.

Other
So, this never really officially became an HE thing, but one of my best memories was attempting to make a podcast with the old Head of Houses and Headmistress. We had such a hard time pulling ourselves together to actually make something, and the recording software was a mess, but we had great laughs and just an overall great time attempting it.
Back to top Go down
http://heartofamerica.proboards49.com/
Raistlin The Wizard
Raistlin The Wizard

Male
Regist. date : 2006-07-26
Number of posts : 11497
Real First Name : Lost in the mists of time...
Warning :
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Left_bar_bleue3 / 33 / 3CHALLENGE: HE Memories Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin!
Award Bar :
CHALLENGE: HE Memories Left_bar_bleue700 / 700700 / 700CHALLENGE: HE Memories Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: CHALLENGE: HE Memories   CHALLENGE: HE Memories EmptyMon Mar 28 2016, 09:44

These were lovely to read. So much that I'm sticking this thread in The Hogwarts Experience community forum and will be an ongoing challenge for anyone to take part if they wish to.

RAVENCLAW
stephy - 500 HP
LilyFlower - 500 HP

HUFFLEPUFF
MarieC - 600 HP

SLYTHERIN
drkangelcat - 500 HP
romance lover - 500 HP

GRYFFINDOR
Clafin - 400 HP
amberg93 - 600 HP
Back to top Go down