Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSJ.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

J.K. Rowling Essay I had to do :)

Go down 
4 posters

Was it good, bad, stupid, or what?
Good
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Red125%J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Red3
 25% [ 2 ]
Bad
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Red10%J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Red3
 0% [ 0 ]
just ok
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Red125%J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Red3
 25% [ 2 ]
Jess come on you dont expect me to read that whole essay?
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Red138%J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Red3
 38% [ 3 ]
totaly stupid
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Red112%J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Red3
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
romance lover
1st Year
1st Year
romance lover

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-28
Number of posts : 3925
Real First Name : Jess
Warning :
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin
Crest : J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Slythe10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Left_bar_bleue10 / 70010 / 700J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Right_bar_bleue

J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Empty
PostSubject: J.K. Rowling Essay I had to do :)   J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) EmptySun Oct 01 2006, 21:09

Ok so I want your guyses opinions on it to see if you guys think I did any good or not.. hehe here it is..

Triumph of Imagination
Story of writer: J.K. Rowling
Author: Lisa A Chippendale
Pitch written by: Jessica Anderson

The life of a writer is not usually interesting. Not many people would pick up a movie of a writer because in actuality most writers lives are the most boring things. But some writers go through rough times. Jo Rowling is one of those writers whose life isn’t a fairy tail. Her life is something that many people in the world could relate to. That is why I think it would be a good idea to turn her life into a movie. Watch her grow up being shunned, battle with the dealings of being a single mother with no income and a serious case of depression, and watch as she sweeps the world off its feet with her amazing story of the “Boy Who Lived”, also known as Harry Potter.
Peter Rowling was on his way to a navy posting in 1963 when he met Anne. She was a member of the Women’s Royal Naval Services. It was love at first site. The couple soon got married and July 31, 1965 Joanne Kathrin Rowling was brought into the world. Two years later the couple had there second daughter Dianne. Anne and Peter read to there daughter often. Making her enticed with stories. When she was six years old she wrote her first story, a comedy about a rabbit. Her family moved around a lot though and in 1974 when she was nine years old she moved again into a new school that was more advanced in education. Her teacher classified her as stupid when she first came because she had gotten every answer on a test wrong, she hadn’t asked Jo if she had ever learned this though. She was also not very social and often teased about her last name. She hated most subjects other than English. In 1976 she was entered into Wyedean Comprehensive School. She was considered a nerd and worse she had no athletic ability at all. She slowly found friends though. Especially her friend Sean Harris. She still was a big reader, but she also liked drawing. She wrote in her free time but didn’t share her stories much afraid that they weren’t to anyone’s liking. Her mother was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis., but Jo did not let that get her down. She continued to excel in school and in her final year at Weyden she was Head Girl. She graduated with honors and went to the University of Exter where she studied French. She continued to write all through college and graduated from Exter with an average degree. The problem was, she didn’t want to work in an office. She wanted to write.
She had no choice though but to take an office job, otherwise she would have been income-less. She took another course, this one in the art of being a secretary. This taught her how to type. She slowly found a job and moved to south London. She didn’t keep the job for very long though because she was not a good secretary. She went through job after job. She often spent the time she was supposed to be doing her job writing. When all secretary jobs failed, she eventually got a job at Amnesity International. After a while her college boyfriend asked her to move to Manchester with him and she agreed. After spending a weekend looking for an apartment, she got on a train back to south London and on the way Harry Potter popped into her mind. She planned out the plot of the entire series from start to finish before she began writing. Meanwhile she moved in with her boyfriend. Harry Potter kept in her mind, this idea was so intriguing to her, but her joy of thinking up this plot was dampened when the disease her mother had overtook her and her mother passed away. She had not told her mother about any of her writings in fact she had not even told her about wanting to be an author. This saddened her a lot and then she and her boyfriend began having problems. To make matters worse, she was also the victim to a burglary. She decided she needed a change so she moved to Portugal where she was a teacher. Six months after she moved to Portugal she met Jorge Arantes and fell in love getting married soon after. She continued writing on the Harry Potter story and basing Hermione Granger off of herself. In 1992 Joanne found out she was pregnant but shortly after her daughter, Jessica, was born in 1993, she and Jorge divorced. She was now a single mother with an unstable job and no close family or friends. So she moved to Edinburg to live with her sister. Jo told Di the story of Harry Potter and when Di liked it that gave Jo the confidence she needed to agree to submit her work to publishing. She planned to spend a year finishing the novel during that year she planned to work at getting her teaching degree for Brittan. She became heavily depressed though having to live off of only government funding she and Jessica lived in a small flat accommodated with no heat and mice. Her depression brought her down and she went through counseling.
Finally though after 5 years she finished the novel in 1995. Now she had to get it published. She sent it out to two publishing agencies only to have it rejected both times then she sent it to Christopher little who finally agreed to represent the novel. It took months to find a publisher though; the book received at least four rejections. They finally found a publisher called Bloomsbury publishing. The company was very cautious though as they didn’t think boys would want to read a book by a female author so they put J.K. Rowling instead of her real name. They originally only printed about 500 copies of the book but as the story got more and more reviews the demand for the book went up. And so the Harry Potter books took off. The books soon stretched out of the UK and across seas to America. She kept at work though still writing her novels as there was to be seven in the series. The Novel continued to spread. Warner Brothers bought the movie writes from Jo Rowling and so the Media got involved. As everything seemed to be falling into place for Jo she moved into a house and out of that little flat. She continued to write. Harry Potter soon also reached the web. Many fan sites started popping up. Although everything seemed smooth, law suites started to spring up. One woman claimed that Joanne’s stories had so many similarities to hers and sued Jo. Warner Brothers also put up law suits against many fan sites because of the use of anything Harry Potter in there Domain names. Soon though the suits were dropped.
To conclude, Jo’s story is not even over. Since the law suites many other things have happened including the coming out of more Harry Potter books. There is only one book left in the series. Four of the movies have come out already and the fifth movie comes out July 13, 2007. Jo created a world. Her world is spread out through the hearts of children and adults across the world, and the fact that her life was not boring would make it great for it to be turned into a movie. The world knows of the world of Harry Potter, but what they don’t know is the life of its creator.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/sweet_tart_barbie_7
Fated4HP
5th Year
5th Year
Fated4HP

Male
Regist. date : 2006-03-05
Number of posts : 5918
Location : Embraced by the dark side, found only in shadows of my evil mind!
Real First Name : Jesse
Warning :
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Right_bar_bleue

House : SLYTHERIN
Award Bar :
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: J.K. Rowling Essay I had to do :)   J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) EmptySun Oct 01 2006, 21:24

I thought it was well written and very detailed. I think you will get a good grade cuz it shows you put a lot of effort into writing it.Great job J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) 436937
Back to top Go down
romance lover
1st Year
1st Year
romance lover

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Left_bar_bleue10 / 70010 / 700J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: J.K. Rowling Essay I had to do :)   J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) EmptyMon Oct 02 2006, 11:05

yeah.. its not good..
Back to top Go down
skuldandy
3rd Year
3rd Year
skuldandy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-26
Number of posts : 3442
Real First Name : skully!
Warning :

House : Gryffies! <3
Crest : J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Gryffi10
Award Bar :
J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: J.K. Rowling Essay I had to do :)   J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) EmptyTue Oct 03 2006, 07:13

i think..... this is clutter :D

myahahaha

anyways, i think it's a good essay, you could try to post it here in the library or something ^^

(: skully
Back to top Go down
Cheetahpie
1st Year
1st Year
Cheetahpie

Female
Regist. date : 2006-07-05
Number of posts : 1045
Warning :

House : Hufflepuffians!!!!!
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: J.K. Rowling Essay I had to do :)   J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) EmptyTue Oct 03 2006, 14:32

It twas a good essay. I liked it. I think i wrote something about Rowling in computer class... I think we had to make this movie about her though Heheh. But yes I liked it a lot. Good good.
Back to top Go down
romance lover
1st Year
1st Year
romance lover

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: J.K. Rowling Essay I had to do :)   J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) EmptyMon Oct 23 2006, 12:37

bah I only got an A- on this essay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J.K. Rowling Essay I had to do :)   J.K.  Rowling  Essay I had to do :) Empty

Back to top Go down

J.K. Rowling Essay I had to do :)
Page 1 of 1