Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSClass Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You

Go down 
+9
Pahaliah
Lemus Rupin
Brunette
The5Potters
Vicky_Weasley
Legendary
drkangelcat
Snapes_girl
Fated4HP
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Fated4HP
5th Year
5th Year
Fated4HP

Male
Regist. date : 2006-03-05
Number of posts : 5918
Location : Embraced by the dark side, found only in shadows of my evil mind!
Real First Name : Jesse
Warning :
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Right_bar_bleue

House : SLYTHERIN
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Right_bar_bleue

Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Empty
PostSubject: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptyTue Feb 27 2007, 18:33

Thanks to Agatha Black for suggesting this idea you can still take this class

To get you all comfortable with my class, I decided to create a class discussion and let us share experiences and maybe even learn about the paranormal world.

This class discussion will be about hauntings and you. Many people encounter supernatural phenomenom and sometimes they don't even know it.
In this class, I want you guys to feel free to discuss hauntings that happened to you and if they haven't, then tell about some of the haunting you know about.
Try to include reasons why you think the hauntings happened. Ghosts and supernatural entities are fascinating and we can learn a lot from studying and researching them.

This class will be worth 50 points total so the more you participate, the more points you earn. So share experiences, share pics and have fun in this class! Points will be awarded periodically.
Back to top Go down
Snapes_girl
1st Year
1st Year
Snapes_girl

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 6274
Real First Name : Nancy
Warning :
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin - Where I have always belonged
Crest : Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Slythe10
Award Bar :
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Left_bar_bleue3 / 7003 / 700Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptyThu Mar 01 2007, 05:40

I definitely believe in ghosts, there is no question in my mind. Too many people have tales and stories about them for them to not be real. Experts in the paranormal sciences have proof of many haunted places as well as proof of ghosts, poltergeists, apperitions...ect.

I will share with you one of my experiences, I just hope no one here thinks I have lost my mind. This one still really freaks me out. I believe 100% I saw either a ghost or an angel this night, but I often wonder if it was also mixed in with a bit of E.S.P. or some kind of psychic preminition I experienced.

I was 10 years old and my family was living in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. We moved there when I was 4 from Massachucettes and we lived there until after I graduated high school, when we moved to Maine. One night in February I was very sick and had a very high fever. I can remember this well because I have not been this sick since and I remember being a bit scared because I felt so bad. I shared a room with my sister, but that night my Mother had her sleep on the couch in the family room and my Mom slept in my sisters bed so she could keep a close eye on me.

I remember not being able to sleep and seeing my Mother finally drift off. I did fall asleep eventually some time after seeing her nod off but I remember it took hours to do so. I had a dream about my Grandmother while I was sleeping. She had talked to me on the phone that afternoon. My Mom called her to tell her how sick I was and she talked to me on the phone that day. In my dream my Grandmother was tucking me into bed and sitting on the end of my bed singing me a lulabye. She sang to me and my brothers and sister all of the time.

In this dream that I was seeing her in, I remeber her leaning down to kiss my forehead. She looked at me and said she loved me, I would be fine, but she had to leave me. "When you wake up I wont be here anymore but remember I will always be watching over you, tell your Mother not to be sad." (This may not be the exact words, but they are close) I remember feeling strange about what she said in this dream. I know that I woke up right after. I could see someone out of the corner of my eye in my room so i focused my eyes on the movement. The rocking chair in my room, the one I always remember being there was moving. Someone was rocking in it. I turned my head to see my sister's bed and my Mother was still sleeping in it. I looked back to the chair, but this time I saw my Grandmother sitting in it rocking in it. This frightened me a bit as I knew there was no way my Grandmother was there. It was the middle of the night and she lived in Arizona at the time with my Grandfather.

I called out to my Mother a few times and then she started waking up. I never took my eyes off of my Grandmother in the chair. When my Mother asked me what was wrong I told her Grammy was there. She started to say, "No, you were just dreaming." And as she was saying this my Grandmother dissapeared. She was gone but the rocking chair was still slightly swaying. I remember pointing to the chair moving and my Mother jumped up and put the light on. I kept staring at the chair and hoped Grammy would come back but she didn't. After a few seconds the chair stopped moving and then I looked at my Mother. "She was here and she told you not to be sad." I told my Mother and I remeber the look she gave me but she didn't say anything. She kept looking at me, and then at the chair and then back to me again. She saw it moving as well and then saw it stop.

I knew in my heart that my Grandmother came to say goodbye to me. My Mother and I remeined silent and just looked at eachother for a while, until the phone rang. It was my Grandfather and he called my Mother to tell her that my Grandmother had passed away in her sleep. She had died around the time I had the dream about her. The weird part was, is right after that call my fever broke and I felt fine.

My Mother came back in my room and just stared at me for several moments. She just had this odd expression on her face. It was a look that can't even be described into words. She then told me that Grammy had died. "How did you know?" She asked me. I still remeber the way her voice sounded when she asked. I then told her about my dream and what Grammy had said to me. She never cried after my Grandmother died but I never mentioned that or asked her why until I was older. She told me that she knew Grammy was alright, had gone on to a better place and where she came to me and appeared to me and spoke with me she just felt a kind of peace about the whole situation.

So, the question is, did I have some kind of premintion she was about to die and that's why I dreamed that? Did her ghost actually come to me? And why me? Why not my Mother and why was I suddenly not sick anymore after I saw her?

I will say this. I am not saying I am psychic or anything but this is not the only preminition I have had. I have only had a few though.

I have a couple more stories to share but I will wait until later to discuss them.
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat
2nd Year
2nd Year
drkangelcat

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-01
Number of posts : 4340
Real First Name : Cat
Warning :

House : Slytherin's Official Nut
Wand : Willow & Veela Hair
Award Bar :
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Left_bar_bleue68 / 70068 / 700Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptyThu Mar 01 2007, 07:44

I believe in ghosts and other supernatuaral beings. Infact I have incontered many spirits before. Of course no one believed me but it is true.

I had a friend named Gwendolyn. I dont think I have met any other person with so many spirits hanging around her. She spent the night at my hose and we were telling stories and making energy balls [you rub your hands together real fast and hard and when you pull them apart the friction, i think it's called, leaves the feeling of a ball of energy between your hands] Well we started talking about ghosts and spirits and I noticed a bunch of things shaped like little kids gather around the futon[we were laying on] and they were listening to us talk. Of course I didnt mention anything about them to Gwendolyn cause I didnt want to sond crazy.

That I believe was one of the first sightings I can remember. After that I started seeing millions swarm around my room at night. It scared the living hell out of me. One of the kids from that night ended up staying. She looked about 8, long brown hair, turquise eyes, and a teddy bear. She would stand by my bed at night just watching me in silence. I was terrified of her and all the other things. I was so terrified infact I began keeping a light on to ignore them. Eventualy I started to rid of my fear of them and left all the lights off. I even brought up enough courage to try to talk to the girl, but she then ran off scared and never returned.

I was sad that girl never returned. I wanted to know ever so much why she watched me every night. Well after a while the things showed up less and less. But when I moved to my dad's house more things appeared. Like there was this thing in our fireplace that tried to get out [there was a covering over the fireplace] it would claw and claw and the glass covering the fireplace. Since it scared me I of course never let it through.

Another thing that lurked around my fathers house was this thing that would lurk around the corners and it seemed to shapeshift. At first I thought I was seeing things because it would only let itself be seen out of the corner of your eye. But it happened so often I relized it must be something. I talked to my dad and said lately he had been having the same problem to.

Well I never figured out if any of these things were a part of my imagination or not, but I believe they werent.
Back to top Go down
http://drkangelkitty.deviantart.com
Legendary
1st Year
1st Year
Legendary

Male
Regist. date : 2007-01-24
Number of posts : 1218
Real First Name : Anthony
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Wand : Cherry and Dragon Heartstring
Award Bar :
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptyFri Mar 02 2007, 22:53

I myself have never encountered a ghost or any other supernatural phenom. I never have believed they existed but there are many who do and whos to say thier wrong. Certainly not me because if I've learned anything in this life it's that anything is possible. But i have had a few friends who say they have had a supernatural experience. Once while at a friends house he told me the farm house next to his was haunted and that things could be seen moving and voices could be heard. I didn't believe him but he swore on it. So we went over there it was an old beat down shanty of a house. the wood was rotted there were holes everywhere. It was fit for no kind of shelter. But anyway as we were making our way through this house he was explaining to me that the family who previously owned the house were killed during a fire. I asked how the fire was started and if any survived. He responded with that no one survived and they never determined how the fire was started. He went on telling things he noticed and has heard like screaming and the like. I was interested and of course frightened even though I don't believe in these things. But we never did see anything which only strengthen my belief that ghosts didn't exist. My grandmother is the one who got me to look at the subject a bit differently. She told me of an experience she had when she was younger and living in Indiana. She told that the apartment she was living in at the time had this unusual feeling at night.Especially when she went to sleep, she said that she felt a number of spirits standing around her bed and watched her. They never offered to harm her nor did they move she said, they would just stand around her bed as she slept. She then told me that she was to afraid to look and see if anything was there for the longest time but finally she built her courage up and took a peek. What she saw were Indian spirits she said all standing around her bed watching her. Now before my grandmother told me about this I was a firm believer that ghosts and anything of the like were not real but hearing that from my grandmother the one person who has never lied to me slightly changed my views. I still am skeptic because it just seems so impossible that there are spirits or ghosts but there is always that possibility. I'm not gonna deny that they exist but I'm not gonna agree on it either. Until there is and undeniable proof they are here I will remain neutral.
Back to top Go down
Vicky_Weasley
1st Year
1st Year
Vicky_Weasley

Female
Regist. date : 2007-01-18
Number of posts : 315
Real First Name : VICTORIA
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptySun Mar 04 2007, 15:11

I believe in ghosts completley. My old house was haunted i think!
Evrytime in the mrning i would go into the basement and there i would
feel a sensation as if I wasn't the only one there! I was really
creeeped out, I was 9 at the time. My dad always told me an old lady
died in our house like 50 years ago. I would always be scared to go
into the basment alone. My dad also tells me that he has been with a
ghost in his biulding where he wroks. He said that he was in the
bathroom (i know weird place) NAd suddelny the lights turned off.
Strage thing is that somone had to pull the switch down. Th hall was
deserted and his buddies left home. Creepy right. I have another story.
In school my class was sitting in the Spanish room. I was bored and
getting A.D.D. from her. After all I speak Spanish. I was looking
out the window. The lights went out. Everybody was confused. The
strange thing was that the light switch was off the whole time.
Something or someone had to of did something for them to run without
the switch being on. This was a really scary experince. Also another
story. In my elemntry school, we had a thing that our school was
haumted. The school is right in front of the cemtary. The girls
bathroom is "haunted" Appenrently Bloody Mary comes and attcaks girls
who are non believers of her. Of course this was a rumor started
by an older person, we always believed the rumor.
Back to top Go down
The5Potters
1st Year
1st Year
The5Potters

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-11
Number of posts : 2978
Real First Name : becca or if your name is Jenn, then Becky....
Warning :

House : GRYFFINDOR becca is the gryffie with slytherin influnces xD
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptySun Mar 04 2007, 19:28

Haunting...I believe in ghosts completly.

When i was 6 we were visiting my grammy's house and when i looked into the window, i saw an old lady's reflection, yet i was the only one in the room.

After my uncle died, My grammy's friend sharon swears that he appeared to her and said "tell my mom that i'm all right now."

i swear i hear people talking to me, trying to get me to do things for them, but i can't really help.

One time, I logged out of this site and turned off the internet, but when i came back, i was logged back in AND THE INTERNET WAS BACK UP

i've had conversations with ghosts before. I swear.

My sister and my cousin both say they have seen my dead grandpa before, in this house.
Back to top Go down
Fated4HP
5th Year
5th Year
Fated4HP

Male
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptyWed Mar 07 2007, 10:59

I've read each of your responses and it brings a thrilling chill to me. I have had a decent number of occurances though last year was the first time to ever see a ghost or apparition.
I was sitting here on the computer with all the lights out and on HE of all places when I looked out of the corner of my eye and saw the upper part- the torso and up - of a man who looked to be maybe from the civil war floating just by the corner near the back door. I know that kitty's house here is haunted but never had I seen a ghost before. Usually it's just sounds and creepy feelings. So I believe in the unknown and hauntings.

To turn the subject just a tad and perhaps help broaden this discussion,
I often wonder about the whole ghosts and their 'unfinished business'. Do you guys think that we have hauntings and such because of these supernatural phenomenom having business that holds them to this plane? Or is it possible that they could be trapped here whether they want to be or not? So many questions. I'd like to know what your feelings are on this part of the discussion.
Back to top Go down
Brunette
1st Year
1st Year
Brunette

Female
Regist. date : 2006-09-24
Number of posts : 1795
Real First Name : Holly
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptyWed Mar 07 2007, 13:15

Well, the house I live in is really old. It was said that a girl died by jumping out of the window of the bedroom I'm in now. At first, I never really believed it. It was just some myth, a little tale made up to scare new comers that came into town. But, one night I was up late working on a book report and I heard a noise outside. I figured it must have been my dad. He gets home real late, but then I heard it again. It was sort of like a scratching moaning noise. I got up and looked out the window. It was dark out, but on the driveway of my house I could see a smal form of a small girl. She was waving down the street and then she looked at me before she disappeared. I wasn't scared like screaiming or yelling - just a little spooked.

Unfinished business? I think alot of the spirits that wander around the living do have business they need to settle. Either that or they just don't realize that they're dead yet. I think the hauntings people have are like a sign. Maybe the spirits want our help, beacuse we are the only ones who can. Trapped? I never thought they could be trapped here. I always wondered if there was a middle ground? You know, where spirits go when they aren't ready to cross over? But, if they were trapped ere on earth among the living maybe it was for a reason.

Do spirits who haunt us automatically mean that they haven't crossed over? Maybe they came for a visit? - a good spook?
Back to top Go down
The5Potters
1st Year
1st Year
The5Potters

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptyWed Mar 07 2007, 13:55

Fated4HP wrote:

To turn the subject just a tad and perhaps help broaden this discussion,
I often wonder about the whole ghosts and their 'unfinished business'. Do you guys think that we have hauntings and such because of these supernatural phenomenom having business that holds them to this plane? Or is it possible that they could be trapped here whether they want to be or not? So many questions. I'd like to know what your feelings are on this part of the discussion.

I think that some hauntings may have something to do with a dead person's "unfinished business". Sometimes messages need to be carried out, and perhaps we, being alive, are the only ones capable of passing it along. When my uncle visited my grammy's friend, I think that he visited her friend instead of my grammy because she herself wasn't strong enough to see him. In that case a message was given to someone who was strong enough to pass it along, and help the spirit in need.

My sister and my cosin Eric have both claimed to see my dead grandpa in this house and I believe that he is trying to get a message through to my my grammy. My grammy has told my sister, cousins, and I that she has woken up before due to the smell of what his smoking caused. Also, she has had reoccurances of what she thinks are dreams, of him shuffling around in her (their old room) room. To me, i really don't think of this as a dream. I think my grammy is truely seeing the ghost of my dead grandpa. Somehow i think that he is either searching for a way to communicate with her, so he can get help, or he is trying find something in this house, and making himself appear ever so often so as maybe to have that person help him in his search.

As for being trapped here, i think that it is a good posibility. Say, if the person had done something terribly wrong, or did not correct something before their death, they may be trapped here until they have found a way o fix the thing in question. However, if it is by will, maybe the person wasn't quite ready to leave this earth yet, because they couldn't stand leaving behind everything wonderful, and horrible here. Others, may have had a horrible life and wanted to cause misery to someone else, to show how horrid their lives were
Back to top Go down
Lemus Rupin
1st Year
1st Year
Lemus Rupin

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-20
Number of posts : 54
Real First Name : Bianca
Warning :

House : hUFFLEPUFF
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptyThu Mar 15 2007, 07:41

I think that a ghost can choose whether to move on or stay and haunt a place, whether it be a conscious thought or a subconscious. Some might not know their unfinished business yet without sorting out their affairs then they might not be able to move on.

I havent personally 'seen' ghosts, yet I often get a shiver or a memory through a smell or sound and believe that perhaps my grandad is there in spirit

So whats the difference between a spirit and ghost?

I think that a ghost is with unfinished business and perhaps makes itself known with noises etc. A spirit is perhaps a person who has passed over and perhaps acts like a guardian angel
Back to top Go down
Fated4HP
5th Year
5th Year
Fated4HP

Male
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptyThu Mar 15 2007, 12:34

I'm glad to see so many of you taking part in this discussion. I believe in having unfinished business, not wanting to go, not knowing they are dead, and many of the things that you guys have mentioned. I think all of you are right as it's possible that it goes by on an individual basis. One ghost/spirit may have died and not know it while another might know they are dead and just choose to stay. Others might cause mischief or have ill feelings. Some may feel that something didn't get completed and they are so strongly attached to that, that they refuse to move on.

There are a number of possibilities but I think it has to do with each being indiviudally.

As we move along with our discussion on hauntings, have you ever thought about places that seem to get a large number of hauntings? I know of a couple places that ghosts and supernatural phenomenom occur quite frequently. It seems that places that had large numbers of people that died become like a sort of erm...beacon or something and attracts other beings.

Take Gettysburg, PA for instance. One of the bloodiest battles in the United States took place there and people go there and some claim to be swept into a ''time travel'' experience.
There have been accounts recorded that people have stood in the battle field and were swept into a type of trance with the battle recurring over and over again all around them. There's similar events like this that happen.

Here's another thought to think on. Why do you think that some people can feel or experience supernatural events and hauntings while others can't even sense, feel or see them and are oblivious to such things?
Back to top Go down
The5Potters
1st Year
1st Year
The5Potters

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptyThu Mar 15 2007, 17:58

hmmm i think that maybe it depends on whether or not the spirit or ghost thinks a person can help them. or maybe it depends on whether the said person believes in ghosts or spirits.

If someone who didn't believe had an occasion when a spirit or ghost tried to communicate with them or show them something, I don't think the said person would even come to the conclusion that maybe they were visited by a ghost or spirit.

But like if you do believe, then you are most likely more likely to come to the conclusion that you were visited.......
Back to top Go down
Pahaliah
1st Year
1st Year

Female
Regist. date : 2007-03-09
Number of posts : 55
Real First Name : Vanessa
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptyFri Mar 16 2007, 16:51

In fact, I don't really know if I believe in spirits. But I believe there's something we don't see among us.
Someone told me that the word spirit comes from Latin language and means "breath" and "whisper". This makes perfect sense because we often see movies in which they say that when we are in presence of something from "the other world" we feel cold and it seems that there's wind around us. This I can't comprovate because I think I never experienced a paranormal event.
I do believe that when something bad or too emotional happened in a place there's some kind of magnetic force that stays in that place. I have felt the creeps, goosebumps or whatever you want to call it, in places in which strong events happened, before knowing that those things happened. People can call it a paranormal episode or just an effect from the chilly wind. I felt something in a house in which lived a man who was a maniac, that ended up in sanatorium because he couldn't live alone; I felt something near a school that in the 50's was a casino, in which happened bad stuff...
I believe ghosts, spirits, souls, if they exist, are not in that fog-like human form or something under a white sheet, but in an invisible form...
I trully believe that only 1% of the stories related to ghost are real. For instance, people get scared over doors who close alone, door windows that slam, but that can be explained with things like air pressure. People can see strange things "out of the corners of the eyes" and confuse them with a spirit, but it can be explained with a reflex...
I think we have to eliminate all the reasonable explanations, investigate and search and, when running out of explanations start to think about approach the subject as an paranormal event...
When I was younger I was convinced (and I think I'm though I became a little more skeptic) that ghosts existed. I think there are souls who didn't finish what they wanted when they were alive and, through alive people (mediums) try to do what they miss so that they can pass to the "other side". So, for me ghosts relate to tormented spirits...
The only thing that confuse me is that idea of a ghost not knowing he's dead... for instance, in the "Sixth sense"? I don't think that's possible a spirit don't realize that he's not alive anymore... but that's another discussion lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.draftoflife.blogspot.com
Snapes_girl
1st Year
1st Year
Snapes_girl

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 6274
Real First Name : Nancy
Warning :

House : Slytherin - Where I have always belonged
Award Bar :
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Left_bar_bleue3 / 7003 / 700Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptySun Mar 18 2007, 10:58

I think that the ones who do not see or feel the experiences of the supernatural either choose not to or just are oblivious to the signs. Some people are just more aware of their surroundings and have an extra sense of perception.

I think also, at times, the spirit, ghost or whatever supernatural being is present they may choose who can sense them and who cannot. Take a haunted house that someone died in. Some inhabitants of that house can sense the being and the being may interact with them on an individual basis, where others in the house cannot see, feel or sense the being and the being never interacts with them. These are just my guesses.

Places that are frequently haunted can be any place where a lot of death had taken place, like our Professor said. Also, older buildings have more of a tendancy to be haunted than newer ones but that just be because they have more of a history, where they have been there longer. Is it the house, or is it the grounds that it is built on. This is another factor.

I think that battlegrounds and possibly courthouses and very old buildings are your best bet to find a ghost or apparition. A lot of death occured there and with the courthouses and the battlefields I am sure many died before they were ready to go, bringing an air of unsettledness to the one who died.
Back to top Go down
Pahaliah
1st Year
1st Year

Female
Regist. date : 2007-03-09
Number of posts : 55
Real First Name : Vanessa
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptySun Mar 18 2007, 18:46

Snapes_girl wrote:

I think that battlegrounds and possibly courthouses and very old buildings are your best bet to find a ghost or apparition. A lot of death occured there and with the courthouses and the battlefields I am sure many died before they were ready to go, bringing an air of unsettledness to the one who died.

I completely agree with you.
The feeling of unsettledness is one of those strong feelings that stays in a place and acts like sort of a magnetic force. And it's true that there are people more sensitive to spirits, souls or whatever people name it, and both spirits and mediums sense this: mediums sense the hauntings and ghosts sense that these people can sense them.
Or maybe I've seen too much movies lol...
Back to top Go down
http://www.draftoflife.blogspot.com
Miss Filius
1st Year
1st Year
Miss Filius

Female
Regist. date : 2007-03-15
Number of posts : 9
Real First Name : Kera
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptyWed Mar 21 2007, 19:08

I believe in ghosts and spirits completely, not only because of the amount of stories I have heard, but from one first-hand account.

Two years ago, me, me close family, and also an aunt, uncle, cousing and my grandmother went to Cape Cod on vacation. We were staying in this cottage that was being rented out for the summer by the family who lived there. My family stayed for just one week, and there was at least three incidents that occurred with many different members of our party.

Shortly after arriving on a Friday afternoon, my mom went upstairs to unpack our suitcases and to get the upstairs rooms settled. There were cupboards along the hallways walls used for storage, and she was unloading towels and blankets into them, and left one of the doors open. She proceeded to the room at the end of the hall- hers and my dad's room, and was doing stuff in there, when the dorr in the hallways slammed shut- for no apparent reason. The rest of us had been outside and there was no wind or anything that could have done it.

My immediate family (just my parents and sisters) were scheduled to return home Sunday night to go back to school and work the next day, while my aunt, uncle, cousin, and Grandma were to remain there for the rest of the week. Over the weekend, my mother never got a good nights' sleep because she felt like someone was constantly watching her, and she was glad to leave on Friday. On sunday afternoon, my two sisters, my gandma and I were watching tv in the living room. Picture this: on one wall was the fireplace and bookcase, opposite that wall was me on a long couch. On the wall between them were my sisters and grandma on another couch, and opposite them was the wall with the tv. The tv was on a small table directly between two windows that were both shut.
We had all been watching some prgram, and the commercials came on. My grandma and I were just zoning out, both facing the tv wall. My sisters were talking amongst themselves. Then out of nowhere, the window closest to me
opens almost a foot. I mean, it just flew open. I was shocked and terrified. I looked at my grandma, and she saw it too. I could not ever think of any reason that an old heavy wooden window would fly open almost a foot. this was my only personal experience.

The last two experiences were with my Grandma and aunt. My grandma had heard strange noises from under the bed and didn't find any plausible reason when she checked underneath. And my aunt had woken up at about two in the morning because my baby cousin started crying and after she got him back to sleep, she went to lay down and started to hear this very dull conversation going on and she said it sounded like two old ladies voices speaking very wuietly to one another. There were no phones or radios in the room at the time, and no tv had been on in the house.

These were the experiences that I have had that make me totally believe in the supernatural.
Back to top Go down
Jenna Black
1st Year
1st Year
Jenna Black

Female
Regist. date : 2007-05-25
Number of posts : 4
Real First Name : Jenna
Warning :

House : Gryffindor
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptyThu May 31 2007, 14:58

I think ghosts like 'Whoooooooooooooooooooo' don't exist.
Spirits, on the other hand, are most definitely real. Where would Luke Skywalker be without the help of Obi-Wan Kenobi? Where would I be without the people who come into my room but no one else can see them? Who else would watch me and be unable to see? Spirits are real.
Back to top Go down
Raxacoricofallapatorius
1st Year
1st Year
Raxacoricofallapatorius

Female
Regist. date : 2007-05-09
Number of posts : 207
Real First Name : Laura
Warning :

House : Gryffindor!
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptyMon Jun 04 2007, 09:43

I have mixed feelings about this topic. On the one hand, I am highly sceptical. On the other, I do believe people when they say they\'ve had paranormal experiences. It\'s probably hard to reconcile these two statements, but I do believe that they don\'t have to be mutually exclusive.

Whilst I have never had any sort of paranormal experience, and do not really believe in ghosts, I do think that if someone believes it has happened, then that is fine. If believing in ghosts and spirits helps someone overcome grief and loss, then who am I to say they\'re not real?
Back to top Go down
Elfie Dumbledore
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Elfie Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-21
Number of posts : 15397
Real First Name : Sharon
Warning :
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Left_bar_bleue1 / 31 / 3Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Right_bar_bleue

House : I didn't retire...I surrendered!
Crest : Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Hogwar10
Award Bar :
Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You EmptyMon Jun 25 2007, 03:30

Well done to everyone who participated within this class discussion. Your scores are as follows;

GRYFFINDOR
The5Potters: 40
Jenna Black: 10
Raxacoricofallapatorius: 15

RAVENCLAW
Legendary:30
Vicky_Weasley:20
Brunette: 30
Pahaliah: 35
Miss Filius: 30
SLYTHERIN
Snapes_girl:45
drkangelcat: 30

HUFFLEPUFF
Lemus Rupin: 20
Back to top Go down
http://hogwarts-experience.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You   Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You Empty

Back to top Go down

Class Discussion 1- Hauntings and You
Page 1 of 1