Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
Spirit Guides Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
Spirit Guides Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
Spirit Guides Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
Spirit Guides Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
Spirit Guides Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
Spirit Guides Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
Spirit Guides Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
Spirit Guides Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
Spirit Guides Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
Spirit Guides Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
Spirit Guides Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
Spirit Guides Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
Spirit Guides Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
Spirit Guides Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
Spirit Guides Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSSpirit Guides Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Spirit Guides

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hppamela
5th Year
5th Year
hppamela

Female
Regist. date : 2007-11-04
Number of posts : 5190
Real First Name : Pamela
Warning :
Spirit Guides Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Spirit Guides Right_bar_bleue

House : Gryffie Lion--Hear my roar!
Crest : Spirit Guides Gryffi10
Wand : Holly and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Spirit Guides Left_bar_bleue42 / 70042 / 700Spirit Guides Right_bar_bleue

Spirit Guides Empty
PostSubject: Spirit Guides   Spirit Guides EmptyTue Feb 26 2008, 17:53

As one of the prefects for this term, I'm supposed to help out here. I just thought I'd set a little assignment so here you go. Points will be awarded periodically.

Spirit Guides

Part One

There are many ideas of what a spirit guide is. I would like you to research some of these and write a short essay of at least 300 words. Please discuss in detail the various beliefs about spirit guides. This section will be worth 60 points.

Part Two

Come up with an idea of what your spirit guide(s) would be like. Then tell me about it/them using some method of creative writing. It can be a regular story, a drabble, or a poem--basically anything. Just be sure to convey what the guide(s) look like, the form they take, whether you can see them or just sense them, etc. I would try to keep it under 200 words. This section will be worth 40 points.

Have fun!

Back to top Go down
violetriddle
5th Year
5th Year
violetriddle

Female
Regist. date : 2008-02-14
Number of posts : 35370
Real First Name : Lesley
Warning :

House : The Wonderful House of Salazar Slytherin
Crest : Spirit Guides Slythe10
Wand : Walnut & Dragon Heartstring
Award Bar :
Spirit Guides Left_bar_bleue203 / 700203 / 700Spirit Guides Right_bar_bleue

Spirit Guides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Guides   Spirit Guides EmptyWed Feb 27 2008, 02:17

PART 1
Everyone has a spirit guide. Most don’t know and others ignore them. Some, like me, know they are there. Every spirit guide is a former soul that lived long ago and paid their karmic debt. Each one is assigned a person to watch over and not just on earth, but other planets to. There are some famous physics, like Sylvia Browne, who is usually on Montel Williams every Wednesday, who has a spirit guide, named Francine. Many psychics believe that spirit guides are chosen on "the other side" by us and God or other gods before we incarnate and that they guide us to follow our life's plan because we want them to. Some believe that they have meet their spirit guides in their dreams while other claims they meet theirs on the astral plane. In the book, “Dream Guide,” their guidance isn’t suppose to require meduimship. It is said that, you’re spirit guide as your life planned before you are even born. That’s only in the Gnostic religious views. Also in this view, it is said that the reason we are assigned a spirit guide is because they to have had at least one earthly life and know the struggles of a human life. They can be humans, relative or not, and sometime animals. Seeing as they know your whole life prior to your birth, they don’t have to be scared of your wrong during before they know you are doing it. Some spirit guides have different looks to them. One man has a leader of a Indian group, Fox, has his spirit guide. Sylvia Browne’s is Hindi, and she is usually dressed like her spirit guide. The long braid down her back and the robes. The spirit guides from the middle east wear turbans to represent their spirit guides. Browne is also a writer of many spiritual guidance books which you can find in you’re book store near you.

Sources: Montel Williams (show) and wikipedia

PART 2
I think I already have a clue as to who my spirit guide is. I’m not sure because I really don’t know much about my great-great grand mother, Viola Watson. All I know is she lived and died on the land which I live on with my mother, father, sister, and great-grand mother( it was her mother-in-law). So I will describe what I know about her. My great-great-grand mother grew up here in Franklin, Alabama. The house she lived in was the house her and my great-great-grand father helped build. I don’t know when she was born but I know she died some time after 1919, after her son was born. It had to be about 20 years after that because she had more children after her son. She had black hair, wore dress, and they lived poor. Most of her son’s were in wars and also had a nephew who was in the war. I have seen many pictures of her and she was beautiful before she was old. I think she may have spelled like fruits and vegetables because sometimes when I’m alone, I smell fruits and vegetables and they had a garden seeing as they lived 15 miles away from the nearest town and only had a house. She grew up loving her children and teaching them all she could. Before she married my great-great-grand father, she was a Griffin. I think that, if she were to be able to live today, would ask her many things about what happen in her time. And about my family tree.

thats the best i could come up with, the second part is all true.
Back to top Go down
Just_Ginny
1st Year
1st Year
Just_Ginny

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-26
Number of posts : 10804
Real First Name : Rachel
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff! HUFF PUFF BADGERS FOR THE WIN!
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Spirit Guides Left_bar_bleue25 / 70025 / 700Spirit Guides Right_bar_bleue

Spirit Guides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Guides   Spirit Guides EmptySun Mar 16 2008, 11:26

As one of the prefects for this term, I'm supposed to help out here. I just thought I'd set a little assignment so here you go.
Spirit Guides

Part One
A spirit guide is generally an entity that will “watch, teach, heal, and help you on your journey into spiritual awareness”. They are located on a different “plane” than we are. While we live in the physical world, they are in the spirit. However, they are still able to contact us, and we them, in times of need.

The contact can be in various ways. Telepathy, especially in clairaudience is common. “Clairaudience” is a form of telepathy when the message is coming from another plane, realm, or frequency. Sometimes clairaudience is accompanied by symbols or other visual imagery to help. The communication could also be a sort of clairvoyance, which is the art of “seeing” beyond the five senses. Your spirit guide could also contact you while you are meditating and your mind is already wandering through another realm. A time where you m ay not realize that you could be in contact with your spirit guide is while you are dreaming. Yes, the realm of dreams is a spirit guide dwelling place. But you could get any kind of message from your spirit guide at anytime if you learn to listen, look, and focus to whatever they may be trying to say. That “little voice in your head” could very well be your spirit guide. The more often you channel your guide, the easier it will get.

You don’t particularly have a minimum or maximum amount of spirit guides. It varies with each person, just as does personality, looks, and family history. What every person has though, is a “Twin Flame”. A Twin Flame is the other half of your soul that remains in the spirit world while you travel in the physical, and it will guide you. Your Twin Flame is the opposite gender of you (I know that sounds weird, but when you join it in the spirit world, you become complete and whole). People are drawn to other people who have the same “life frequency” as their Twin Flame.

Your spirit guides can go by many different names, and they can also connect with more than one person at a time. They will come to each different person in a different identity based on which identity will be the best received by the person. They may be viewed as any type of “non-physical”, or even alien-like.

Like the variety of guides, they also come for a variety of reasons. Some of these may include “creative abilities, healing issues, spiritual development”. Some people claimed that their spirit guide saved their lives during an accident by entering their body and protecting it, or even stopping time.

A person in complete balance will have an amusing spirit guide that manifest positively and healthily. People with mental illnesses, will attract negativity and blame it on their guides. This isn’t true. Guides are meant to guide you towards positivity, and the person needs to pull out of those past experiences and let the guiding begin.

Spirit guides are basically there to do that, guide you. They want to help, you just have to let them.

Part Two

Come up with an idea of what your spirit guide(s) would be like. Then tell me about it/them using some method of creative writing. It can be a regular story, a drabble, or a poem--basically anything. Just be sure to convey what the guide(s) look like, the form they take, whether you can see them or just sense them, etc. I would try to keep it under 200 words. This section will be worth 40 points.

I think that my main spirit guides are the Jaguar and the Fox. I chose animals because I have always felt a special connection with them, more than with some people.

The jaguar is a pale yellowish with red mixed in, and black spots. He is relatively large, with big padded paws. What the Jaguar helps me to do is see the best choice to make when I feel lost in chaos. He also helps me understand why the chaos is there and what I can do to stop it. I have always had a fear of the dark, which is really more a fear of the unknown, but the Jaguar helps me walk through that and feel unafraid. He helps me understand myself and understand my soul, and fills me with empowerment. The Jaguar is a shape shifter, and I am an inflexible person to whom he teaches versatility. He also possesses the second sight, and he would show me flashes of what the future could hold. The Jaguar is my Twin Flame.

The Fox is my second main spirit guide. She is also a shape shifter, like my Jaguar. But she is more of the teacher sort. She is very clever and a great observer. Through her I learn to notice the little things. She is very cunning and good at stealth, things that help keep me on my toes whenever she is around. The Fox is good at camouflaging, but she also knows when to make herself known. I’m shy, and she pushes me into the sunlight. She gives me courage in my femininity. She can also turn invisible, so sometimes I cannot see her, only sense her. She is an observer like the Jaguar, and is often there watching me, making sure I am okay. She is very persistent, and teaches me to never give up. Although the Fox is swift and cunning, she is also a gentle teacher to help me through my life.

Sources:
http://www.crystalinks.com/spirit_guides.html
Back to top Go down
http://charmedchildren.proboards51.com
magicguy93
1st Year
1st Year
magicguy93

Male
Regist. date : 2007-02-11
Number of posts : 6766
Location : Trying to escape from the insane asylum that I call school.
Real First Name : Chris
Warning :

House : GRYFFINDOR BUT RAVENCLAW AT HEART
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Spirit Guides Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Spirit Guides Right_bar_bleue

Spirit Guides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Guides   Spirit Guides EmptyMon Apr 07 2008, 18:40

Part One:

According to theosophical doctrine, spirit guides are persons who have lived many former lifetimes, paid their karmic debts, and advanced beyond a need to reincarnate. Each is assigned to watch over an incarnate person, not only on this Earth, but on many other planets throughout the universe. Many psychics believe that spirit guides are chosen on "the other side" by us and God before we incarnate and that they guide us to follow our life's plan because we want them to.

Some people claim it is possible to meet one's spirit guide in dreams or on the astral plane. Their guidance is said not to require mediumship. This is the "Dream Guide."

The Gnostic religious view of a spirit guide is that, on the other side, you and your guide planned your life on earth before you incarnated. You live the life and your spirit guide helps you along the way. Thus, if this is the case, everyone has a spirit guide because everyone planned their life prior to being born. Therefore, the spirit guide couldn't be a living relative or an animal, but could present itself as such. Furthermore, a guide is said to have lived at least one earthly life before becoming a spirit guide so that they can understand the struggles of human life.

Derek Acorah, a British medium often refers to his spirit guide, Sam, and while communicating with spirits often calls the spirit by his name. (i.e. "Can you tell me his name, Sam?") Sam is an Ethiopian male who Acorah was a friend of in a past life some 2000 years ago.

Several people offer techniques that they claim allowed them to meet their spirit guides, though none have been scientifically proven to work.

These techniques range from astral projection techniques to simple mind visualization exercises. It is said that the spirit guide is not on the Earthly plane, but rather is communicating from "The Other Side." "The Other Side" has a much less dense atmosphere than Earth, and therefore it is believed that we must be tuned in to our guides by freeing the mind or doing one of many meditations. Lucid dreams can also help with contacting a spirit guide.

Part Two:

I think I already know who my spirit guide is. I beleive he his my great-grandfather. His name was George Harper Jay, who died 8-25-86. He was a hard worker and built his own house. Sometimes I have dreams where I am at that house. I think he had something to do with iguanas or had a pet iguana because i had a dream that I was at his house and there was this iguana walking around the place. He was a hard worker constantly building stuff and sometimes when it is quiet and I am alone I can hear hammering noises and nobody else hears them. From what I have seen in my dreams and pictures he had blue eyes, like myself, and brown hair, which I also have. I can feel his presence sometimes. He was a very nice person and a very quiet person, from what i've heard. He is the one that inspires some of my writings. It would be nice to actualy meet him, even if its in my dreams, and to talk to him about my family and about what he used to do. I think that I am very much like him and thats why i beleive he is my spirit guide. He was a very nice person and he defently paid his karmic debts.
Back to top Go down
http://magic-world.nice-forum.net
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :

House : ravenclaw
Crest : Spirit Guides Ravenc10
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Spirit Guides Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700Spirit Guides Right_bar_bleue

Spirit Guides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Guides   Spirit Guides EmptyThu Jun 19 2008, 23:40

Part One
A spirit guide is someone who had lived before and they had many former lives. Once they had paid their karmic debt they would no longer have the need to reincarnate and so instead they become a spirit guide. Each on of these spirit guides given to someone who is in need, this person does not necessarily mean that they have to be on this planet but they can also be on other planets throughout this universe. If there is a person who is in need of a spirit guide then they just might have one with them. Some claim that people can see their spirit guides. They say that when they see them it is usually in their dreams or in an Astral plane through Astral Projection which is when one leaves their body and is able to travel to other places quickly. A spirit guide has planned out your life for you before you were born and they are to guide you during your life to make sure that you stay on track. All spirit had lived on the earth as a person before they became a spirit guide. This is done because they would then be able to experience the hardships that people have to go through. They might not of have been reincarnated though. Many have tried to communicate with their spirit guides and to do this you must go over to “The Other Side.” Here the atmosphere is less dense than the Earth’s. and so one must free their mind or by doing some kind of mediation in order to get there to see their spirit guide. Those who claimed to have seen their spirit guide says that they looked like people. They probably are referring to what they must have looked like in their past life before they became a spirit guide.
Part Two
If I had a spirit guide I would love for her to be a smiling young girl. I would like her to be young because it would make her seem like she was pure and innocent like many people refer a young child to be. She would be smiling to show that she had a happy past and is willing to heko me through any troubles that I might run into and that she will make sure too keep me on track with my life and make sure that no harm will come to me. If I were to ever see her I would be sure that one smile form her would make me happy and a smile would be all that I needed to go back to the real world and continue on with my life no matter how difficult it might be.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_guide
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
hppamela
5th Year
5th Year
hppamela

Female
Regist. date : 2007-11-04
Number of posts : 5190
Real First Name : Pamela
Warning :

House : Gryffie Lion--Hear my roar!
Wand : Holly and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Spirit Guides Left_bar_bleue42 / 70042 / 700Spirit Guides Right_bar_bleue

Spirit Guides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Guides   Spirit Guides EmptySat Aug 16 2008, 09:47

Every one did an excellent job. I was quite impressed. I was also glad that I even got to learn some things I hadn't known of before. On to the scores.

Gryffindor
magicguy93 - 95 housepoints

Ravenclaw
Stephy - 85 housepoints

Slytherin
violetriddle - 80 housepoints

Hufflepuff
Just_Ginny - 100 houspoints
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spirit Guides Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Guides   Spirit Guides Empty