Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSThe Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
running_swift
1st Year
1st Year
running_swift

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 3744
Real First Name : Lisa
Warning :
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Right_bar_bleue

House : Gryffindor, NOT out to kill people!
Crest : The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Gryffi10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Left_bar_bleue34 / 70034 / 700The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Right_bar_bleue

The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2   The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 EmptySun Aug 20 2006, 19:08

Oh yes! A new year, and a… not-so-new task! We’ve had part 1 – time for part 2!

This task will challenge your ability to take the time to research, but it’s fun all the same!

Research in detail how, where, when and why these movie genres originated:

Dark/Horror
Romantic/Romantic comedies
Action/Adventure
Science Fiction
Tragedies

Give at least one example for each and explain why you chose this film.

The maximum points available for this task is 100. Remember to cite your sources and no copying and pasting!

Minimum word count: 200 words

Last edited by on Tue Sep 12 2006, 10:51; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
So_Yun
1st Year
1st Year
So_Yun

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-24
Number of posts : 739
Real First Name : Elise So Yun
Warning :
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Right_bar_bleue

House : Ravenclaw
Award Bar :
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2   The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 EmptyTue Aug 22 2006, 01:57

Movies

Horror
Horror/or scary movies originated in the 1890’s when a lot of horror cult movies started appearing in black and white. Most originated and were created by the French and had French culture in them.
Although the Germans made earlier horror type films in 1920’s, most based on children’s horror stories or cult theories or unsolved mysteries of the time.

Blair Witch Project
I chose this movie because it is the scariest movie I have ever seen and it grossed more then any other horror movie of the time.
The other thing about this movie is that some of it is real footage and it is an unsolved mystery of the world.
It has a continuing dark/forest theme and lots of scary things that really happened!

Romance
(I couldn’t find much on this genre but here is what I found)
Romance originated in the 1890’s when a short movie by Thomas Edison was released. The reason it is the first romance movie noted in history is because it was the first movie that ever focused just on the kissing and love between the two charactors.
Elizabeth Town
I chose this movie because I think it is the best new romance film at the moment and Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloom have a lot of chemistry. In the movie the two are completely unknown to each other but through the whole movie you can see their relationship grow.

Action/Adventure
In the 1950’s the first action film surfaced but only became known in Hollywood in the 1980’s (thank swartznegger for that!) Die hard came out with Bruce Willis and in that timezone and it is one of the best action movies to this day.
This movie genre compiles of fantasy action, violence,guns, car racing etc
Die Hard
I chose this movie because it is one of my favourites! It has plenty of the above, bombs, guns and some racing cars! Definetly a thriller and for all you oldies, yes willis too!

Science fiction
Science fiction arose in 1950’s when magazines focusing on the genre started becoming published. The first science fiction film was Stanly Kubrick’s film 2001: A space odyssey in 1968 that made the genre at large. The genre science fiction comprises of scientific influences of any aspect. Such as space and creative genuiss, monsters etc
Star Wars
George Lucas’s revolutionary films is everything of the above, they are about a system in space like our own but consists of planets. They include spaceship racing, aliens and all of the science fiction sorts
I chose this film because it is also one of the best films, new and old around and definitely suck you into this genre

I couldn’t find anything AT ALL on tragedy films, I really hope you don’t mind..
www.wikepedia.com
Yun

Last edited by on Tue Aug 22 2006, 23:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/937080/
MarieC
2nd Year
2nd Year
MarieC

Female
Number of posts : 4309
Real First Name : Marie-Christiane
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff
Crest : The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Huffle10
Award Bar :
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Left_bar_bleue115 / 700115 / 700The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2   The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 EmptyTue Aug 22 2006, 06:46

This task will challenge your ability to take the time to research, but it’s fun all the same!

Research in detail how, where, when and why these movie genres originated:

Dark/Horror
Romantic/Romantic comedies
Action/Adventure
Science Fiction
Tragedies

Give at least one example for each and explain why you chose this film.

Horror movie
When we go back in time and look at the history of films, we see that horror movie are almost as old as the cinema. The very first dark movie was a short silent one in the late 1890's, made by George Méliès. Movies like Esmeralda (The Hunchback of Notre Dame story), The Golem, Nosferatu and Dracula were some of the very first horror movies.

In the 30's, American movies producer (mostly Universal Picture Co. Inc.) popularized horror movies by making more and more of them. Movies like Frankenstein, The Mummy, Dr. Jenkyll and Mr. Hyde, The wolf man and another version of Dracula, which were more like gothic based movie, came to the screens of Hollywood.

With the 50's arrived another kind of horror movies - science-fiction based one. The movie maker switched from the gothic type to the scientic one for movies which included alian invasions, mutations, plants, etc. Things that were coming from the outside.

In the 60's, the movie types evaluated toward psychological horror, such as Psycho from Alfred Hitchcock, but also low-budget gore-shock movies like Blood Feast.

In the 70's, as the public's fascination was turned to the occult, movie makers started making a serie of intense gory movies, often with sexual overtone, which they named A-Movies, as an opposition to the B-Movies. The very popular movie (which even today remains one of the hit of the horror cinema) The Exorcist came to the screen during those years, in 1973, shortly followed by The Omen.

And finally came the movies which are most known today; blood and violence filled horror movies, always with a little suspense, including random characters (according to the movie, of course) like werewolves, vampires, psychokillers, demons, zombies, etc.

Dracula (directed by Francis Ford Coppola) - 1992

I chose this movie mainly because it's one of the only horror movies I ever saw, and I think this adaptation of Bram Stoker's novel is really a good one, with great actors such as Anthony Hopkins and Gary Oldman. Though it has a very high rating, it's a great movie worth watching - if you're allowed to, of course ^^

Romantic Comedy
Those movies, which are also called rom-com, chick flicks or girl movies, are movies which often have the same basic plot line: two characters meet, fall in love, couples of funny scenes happen, the two characters go their own way before deciding they love each other and are perfect for each other and then they meet again.

Some of those movies are also based on the story line of fairy tales, like Ever After, The Princess Diaries, Cinderella story, all of which have been based on the famous Cinderella tale.

The plot line of the movie, though, can change. The two characters which meet, the main characters that is, don't always end up together, and sometimes, the love is only coming from one side, or one of the character is already in couple and doesn't want to break it (movies like My Best Friend's wedding or Love Actually).

Also, the movie can sometimes be centered around a love triangle. Lots of movies have also been based on Shakespeare novel's, as Much Ado about Nothing, A Midsummer Night's dream or, of course, Romeo & Juliet.

10 things I hate about you
I looove this movie, and it also proves my point that lots of movies are based on Shakespeare's novel, as this one is based on "The Taming of the Shrew".

Adventure
Adventure movies are a bit based on action movies, as there is lots of it in the film, but unlike modern Action movies, which takes place in the city and where the good guy is often from the police or any other thing like that, an adventure movie happens in the jungle, in the forest, in the future or in the past, and the hero hardly ever have a gun to protect himself.

Since the 50's, movie maker have taken upon themself to re-do old adventure movies, popular ones, like Robin Hood and The Mark of Zorro, making them more acceptable for a new generation. And this tradition has followed as several movies, including the two which were just mentioned, are constantly being re-made.

Adventure movies can often be mixed with other genre. Star Wars, for example, is first of all a science-fiction movie, but lots of adventure is included in the film, while a movie like The Mummy combines Adventure and Horror.

Indiana Jones
The reason why I chose this movie is simple: Harrison Ford! Okay, just kidding. Actually, I think that Indiana Jones is a very good example of an adventure movie. A modern man who spend his time in the jungle, looking for hidden treasures and fighting bad guys with knifes. I also love the soundtrack very much ^^

Science Fiction
We could easily think that Science Fiction movies are the most recent type of films - because of the special effects - except maybe for teen movies. But actually, the first science fiction movies came out as early as when silent movies were still being filmed!

Fritz Lang's silent movie, Metropolis, which was made in 1927, was one of the most influencing science fiction film of that era. But it was not until the 50's that this type of movie became popular. Before that, most movies had been inspired by books, but when the 50's arrived, movie maker started trying to make up their own stories. But the real person who made it all happen for this genre was Stanley Kubrik with his movie 2001; A Space Odyssey.

From that day on, science fiction movies have been part of the most watched and made movies there are, like Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Independance Day and The day after Tomorrow. And the more we go in time, the more this movie industry grow, because the special effects are getting better and better.

Jurassic Park
I chose this movie not because I like it (meh I never managed watching it all), but because I think it shows how good special effects can be, and the story line is also very good and imaginative.

Tragedies
Tragedy, also known as Drama, have probably existed since the very first making of Hollywood movies, cause even in Comic films, we can find a bit of sadness in every type of movies.

A Drama movie is a movie that goes deep into the life of the main character, showing how he lives his life, which is mostly sad and lonely. Actually, a drama movie is mostly known by the fact that something bad, something dramatic (hense the name) happens during the film. It's suposed to go through a big emotional range, and if a Drama movie is good, the audience should be able to feel and live what the character feel and live.

This genre of movie is mostly used to expose earth-to-earth problems which everybody lives in their life, but don't always dare talking about. It often gives a message of hope or a lesson of life by demonstrating, through the characters, how to cope with challenges and issues.

The Truman Show
I really adore this movie. The story plot is amazing and even if you can't really relate to the character, as it's really rare that something will go through what Truman did, it has a good range of emotions, it can make you cry and laugh as much as make you angry. I also thing that this movie shows how great Jim Carrey is.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horror_movie#History
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103874/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romantic_comedy
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0147800/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082971/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fiction_movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107290/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drama_movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120382/
Back to top Go down
http://heartofamerica.proboards49.com/
running_swift
1st Year
1st Year
running_swift

Female
Number of posts : 3744
Real First Name : Lisa
Warning :

House : Gryffindor, NOT out to kill people!
Crest : The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Gryffi10
Award Bar :
The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Left_bar_bleue34 / 70034 / 700The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2   The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 EmptyTue Sep 12 2006, 14:35

Well done to the erm... two... *cough*... people... who did the homework!!!

Here are the - rather dismal for the Slytherins and Gryffindors - points:

Gryffindors
None

Slytherins
None

Hufflepuff
MarieC 50

Ravenclaw
So_Yun 40

Again, well done!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2   The Muggle Movie Industry – Part 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1