Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSBook to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better

Go down 
+12
cookiemonster
Shausto-la
KatieBellaTrix
Puppet_Master
pickles
amberg93
Caroru
Rigby Dumbledore
Elfie Dumbledore
polly
violetriddle
Amy
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Amy
Retired Deputy Head : 5th year
Retired Deputy Head : 5th year
Amy

Female
Country : Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Flag_u12
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 11746
Real First Name : Amy
Warning :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

House : Gryffindor
Crest : Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Gryffi10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Empty
PostSubject: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptySun Apr 13 2008, 19:56

There are loads and loads of films out there that originated as books. Most of the time, the books are far far better than the films (case in point: Harry Potter).

However, there are films adaptations that I think are better than the book.

A few off the top of my head...

Atonement - I saw this last year and LOVED it. I liked it so much I had to go and buy the book it was based on. What a slog! The book was boring and I was amazed that such a great film had come from such a soulless novel.

The Notebook - A favourite film of mine but I could not get through the book.

Lord of the Rings - I love the LotR films, and after I saw the first one in the cinema for the first time I read the book series. I concede that they're good books, but I didn't like Tolkien's style of writing. He's too descriptive - ten pages to describe one short conversation is a little excessive, no? Heh, this almost feels like blasphemy to criticise Tolkien.

Anyway.

Have you ever seen a film that you think is better than the original book?
Back to top Go down
http://amyxaphania.livejournal.com
violetriddle
5th Year
5th Year
violetriddle

Female
Country : Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Flag_u10
Regist. date : 2008-02-14
Number of posts : 35370
Real First Name : Lesley
Warning :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

House : The Wonderful House of Salazar Slytherin
Crest : Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Slythe10
Wand : Walnut & Dragon Heartstring
Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue203 / 700203 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptySun Apr 13 2008, 20:00

I tried to read the Notebook in 6th grade adn I got told I was to young to read it, so I stopped reading it, but from what I read, the movie was better.
Back to top Go down
polly
3rd Year
3rd Year
polly

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-12
Number of posts : 10718
Real First Name : Polly
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw!
Crest : Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Ravenc10
Wand : Hawthorn and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue11 / 70011 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptyMon Apr 14 2008, 11:48

I agree with the Lord of the rings one and also the star wars movies were better.
Back to top Go down
Elfie Dumbledore
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Elfie Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-21
Number of posts : 15397
Real First Name : Sharon
Warning :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue1 / 31 / 3Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

House : I didn't retire...I surrendered!
Crest : Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Hogwar10
Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptyMon Apr 14 2008, 13:50

I agree as well with the LotR - I am an avid reader but the book was way too drawn out (mick would disagree though).
Back to top Go down
http://hogwarts-experience.heavenforum.com
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2007-01-30
Number of posts : 4801
Real First Name : Kate or Katie
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue102 / 700102 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptyMon Apr 14 2008, 14:46

I always feel so guilty for acknowledging liking the movies more than the books, especially when it comes to LoTR. Usually I am such a book snob... but I had to force myself to read them.

Hmmm, some movies that are better than the books- Less Than Zero (Robert Downey Jr, Andrew McCarthy and Jami Gertz. The book is by Bret Ellis Easton, and talk about a souless writer! I loved the movie growing up, but the book is horrible. He's also the author of American Psycho, but I've always found his literary talented to be highly overated. Sometimes a book that's written in a seemingly new, bold way is just a mask for poor talent.. I'm just saying... XD

Sound of Music, movie much better...

Beaches, I read the book because the movie was so incrediable, and I was hoping for an even larger connection to the characters. The book was okay, but it was a disappointment. But its been years since I read it, so maybe I would enjoy it more now.

And that's all I can think of at the moment!
Back to top Go down
http://midnightbookgirl.com
Caroru
HE Owl
HE Owl
Caroru

Female
Country : Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Flag_f12
Regist. date : 2006-02-24
Number of posts : 15490
Real First Name : Caro
Warning :

Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue70 / 70070 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 21:25

Eimi - dude, I totally agree with all those three! I mean, I read The Notebook and Atonement, but I couldn't help but see the movies in ym head at some parts. I must admit that I liked the movies better.

...and this is where I have to confess something; I never survived through the first chapter in LotR xD It was just impossible for me.
Back to top Go down
amberg93
Deputy Head : Gryffindor HoH : Arithmancy & Arts & Muggle Studies Professor : 5th Year
Deputy Head : Gryffindor HoH : Arithmancy & Arts & Muggle Studies Professor : 5th Year
amberg93

Female
Country : Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Flag_c10
Regist. date : 2006-03-11
Number of posts : 16910
Real First Name : Amber/Amby :D
Warning :

House : Gryffindor!
Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue391 / 700391 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptyWed Apr 30 2008, 04:19

I've got to disagree with you on the Notebook Amy, I read the book first and completely fell in love with it. Then I watched the movie and it was alright XD, but the book was great.

As for the other two... I haven't read/watched the books/movies XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.heartofamerica.proboards49.com
pickles
2nd Year
2nd Year
pickles

Male
Regist. date : 2008-02-21
Number of posts : 6322
Real First Name : Matthew
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff! I'm like the only guy!
Crest : Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Huffle10
Wand : Oak & Heart Dragonstring
Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue77 / 70077 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptySat May 10 2008, 05:14

Lord of the rings the movie was soo much better than the book, i think iread the first two pages of the lord of the rings and got bord. So when the movie came out i didn't bother watching it thinking that it too would be rubbish but i watched it one night when it was on tv and i loved it.

Also i think the book holes was a bit long and dragged on a bit but i love the movie its one of my all time favorites... I can' think about anymore i have seen to many movies that have once been books lol
Back to top Go down
Puppet_Master
1st Year
1st Year
Puppet_Master

Female
Country : Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Flag_i13
Regist. date : 2007-01-25
Number of posts : 639
Real First Name : Chelle
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptySat May 10 2008, 18:18

Eek ! It's hurting ! The LotR books are far more superior than the movies ! I adore the movies, they're right up there as my favourite movies of all time. But the books surpass the movies Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better 410894

I have to say I thought Stardust movie was far better than the book. In the book I simply couldn't make a connection with Yvaine at all. The ending of the movie was also much, much better.
Back to top Go down
KatieBellaTrix
5th Year
5th Year
KatieBellaTrix

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 5236
Real First Name : Let's Leave it at Katie... XD
Warning :

House : Gryffindor Girlie
Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue53 / 70053 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptySat May 10 2008, 18:22

I think that the Bridge to Terebithia movie was better than the book.

Other than that, I haven't read many books that aren't as good as the movies.
Back to top Go down
Shausto-la
1st Year
1st Year
Shausto-la

Female
Regist. date : 2007-11-16
Number of posts : 1603
Real First Name : casey
Warning :

House : RAVENCLAW :9
Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue45 / 70045 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptyMon May 26 2008, 14:55

I have to disagree with a lot of these..I absolutely adored the book The Notebook, and the movie just couldn't portray everything as it was suppoed to be and how the people felt.
Also, Katie, i though Bridge to Terabithia was wayy better as a book. The book was so much more sad and more real and relatable than the movie. The movie tried to make it out to be like a fantasy movie, which it completely isnt. It's a story about friendship and love and how to get through life. and the movie got rid of all of that.

I thought that The 5 People you meet in Heaven was better as a movie. I dont think i was even able to get though the book, but the movie was pretty good. Also, some by Stephan King, though I'm not sure I've actually read the books, like The Shining.
Back to top Go down
cookiemonster
1st Year
1st Year
cookiemonster

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 3086
Warning :

House : Huffieeee
Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptyMon Jun 09 2008, 15:44

I didn't know that The 5 People You Meet in Heaven was a movie... huh. But I read that book and loved it so I might as well see the movie? haha

A movie that was better than its book? Huh... I'll go with LotR too. The movies are just so big and amazing, but the books were ridiculous. I couldn't get past the first page haha Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better 436937
Back to top Go down
violetriddle
5th Year
5th Year
violetriddle

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue203 / 700203 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptyTue Jun 24 2008, 22:33

(NOTE FROM ELFIE: THIS IS FOR BACKPACKING BADGE IN BADGE BURROW. THE TWO BACKPACKERS ARE WORKING ON A BADGE PLEASE DO NOT DELETE)

Violet returned and went to the tent. "I'm going to bed." She said, brushing her hair out. Changin into her night clothes, she climbed into her sleeping back. "Goodnight Stephy." She said and closed her eyes to fall asleep. After a few minites, Violet was out like a light.

Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Logo
Back to top Go down
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :

House : ravenclaw
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptyTue Jun 24 2008, 22:37

(NOTE FROM ELFIE: THIS IS FOR BACKPACKING BADGE IN BADGE BURROW. THE TWO BACKPACKERS ARE WORKING ON A BADGE PLEASE DO NOT DELETE)

"Okay then. Dont let the bed bugs bite" Stephy said as she tended the fire. She then quickly found her sleeping bag in a pile on the ground and she decided that she should lay it out properly so that when she did decide to go to bed she wouldnt have to worry about trying to strighten it out

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
violetriddle
5th Year
5th Year
violetriddle

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptyTue Jun 24 2008, 22:39

Violet woke up the next morning and streched. Getting out of the tent, she walked around a bit before getting a bottle of water. "Stephy, rise and shine!" Violet yelled, walking over to her bread adn meat. "Sorry, but I have no breakfast food." She said, fixing her a sandwich.

Back to top Go down
stephy
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :

House : ravenclaw
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptyTue Jun 24 2008, 22:41

Stephy went to bed once she was sure the fire would be okay and in the morning she was awoken by Violet. "Thats okay" Stephy said to her sitting up. "I liked that sandwhich anyways" She then climbed out of her bag and headed over to Violet

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
Samantha Granger
1st Year
1st Year
Samantha Granger

Female
Regist. date : 2007-08-20
Number of posts : 10257
Real First Name : Jayme
Warning :

House : Gryffindor!!!!
Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue55 / 70055 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptySat Mar 19 2011, 19:13

The movie that stands out the most in my head as being better than the book is Stardust. I love the book, but the movie is far superior.
Back to top Go down
amortentia773
Hufflepuff Head of House : CoMC & Mythology Professor : 5th Year
Hufflepuff Head of House : CoMC & Mythology Professor : 5th Year
amortentia773

Female
Country : Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Flag_a10
Regist. date : 2010-07-29
Number of posts : 17484
Real First Name : Katie
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff
Crest : Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Huffle10
Wand : Cherry & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue260 / 700260 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptySat Mar 19 2011, 20:00

Ooo, yes! I agree Stardust was way better than the book! And also, as much as I love the Lord of the Rings series and thought it was fantastic, I really really enjoyed the movies, more so than the books even!
Back to top Go down
http://lostamongfantasy.tumblr.com/
FaerieOfDoom
2nd Year
2nd Year
FaerieOfDoom

Female
Country : Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Flag_a10
Regist. date : 2008-06-07
Number of posts : 9270
Real First Name : Melanie
Warning :

Wand : Elm & Veela Hair
Award Bar :
Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Left_bar_bleue19 / 70019 / 700Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better EmptySun Mar 20 2011, 14:51

They were pretty good movie adaptions, so far as movie adaptions go =)

Anyone stoked about the new Hunger Games movie?? They've cast Katniss... I'm actually okay with this casting, though quite a few people are incensed. Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better 410894
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better   Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better Empty

Back to top Go down

Book to Film Adaptations - When the Film is Better
Page 1 of 1