Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSVeritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord

Go down 
+3
Snapes_girl
KatieBellaTrix
Severus Snape
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Severus Snape
5th Year
5th Year
Severus Snape

Male
Country : Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Flag_u12
Regist. date : 2006-02-21
Number of posts : 2829
Real First Name : Mick
Warning :
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Right_bar_bleue

House : Slytherin Ex-Head and back to second head!
Crest : Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Slythe10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Left_bar_bleue20 / 70020 / 700Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Right_bar_bleue

Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Empty
PostSubject: Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord   Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord EmptyWed Nov 08 2006, 14:15

This second part of Veritaserum will cover the dangers of the potion with regards to Voldemort and his followers.

As Mad Eye would say, you need constant vigilance with the war approaching.

Part 1:

1. Why do you believe that the potion is restricted? (5)

2. How would this potion be valuable to Aurors in the upcoming war? (10)

3. How could the potion be used by the Dark Lord and his follwers? (10)

4. Discuss your theories on who could have invented this potion and why they would have invented such a powerful potion. How long ago was it invented? (15)

Part 2:

Write a senario in any style (creative writing, RP, field report, etc.) about an instance in the First War between the Order and the Death Eaters where the potion was used. Be inventive and detailed. This part is worth 50 housepoints, so a couple of lines will not give you full marks.

Total housepoints avaliable:
Part 1: 40
Part 2: 50

Total: 90

Remember to cite any and all sites used and no copying or pasting!

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
KatieBellaTrix
5th Year
5th Year
KatieBellaTrix

Female
Country : Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Flag_u10
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 5236
Real First Name : Let's Leave it at Katie... XD
Warning :
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Right_bar_bleue

House : Gryffindor Girlie
Crest : Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Gryffi10
Award Bar :
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Left_bar_bleue53 / 70053 / 700Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord   Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord EmptyThu Nov 09 2006, 18:54

Veritaserum: Part 2

by KatieBellatrix

I think that either Dumbledore or Nicolas Flamel invented Veritaserum. My theory is that they made it together 70 - 80 years ago, maybe a hundred depending on Dumbledore's age. They would of probably invented it for the defeat of the evil wizard Grindenwald. The potion would be used to help find supporters and find out about his past like Dumbledore with Crouch and Voldy.

Veritaserum could be used in the coming war for the identification of death eater so there is no more Sirius Black incedences. It could also be used by the trio for collecting clues from people until or unless Hermione learns Legilimency.

Lord Voldy would use it to track down Harry by the use of it on Petunia, Vernon or possibly Neville. It could also be used to find out or result in the knowledge that Harry knows of his horcruxes and the knowledge of how to destroy him. Think of the prophecy.

I believe the potion is restricted because it could be harmful. Maybe an overdose could be fatal or have another horrible reaction. I believe there are some things certain people just shouldn't know and if these people use Veritaserum they could find out and be emotionally scarred or depressed.

Part 2: Black vs. Moony

.:Kreacher was just hidding in the shadows of corners in the dark living room. Watching in horror as his young master was being questioned by his brothers blood traitor of a friend. The half-blood had no buisness here! He should leave!

"Tell me, how long has this been going on Regulus?"
"Two years," he replied in a toneless voice.
"Why, are you crazy, you know what he can do!"
"He asked me, was scared, I wanted to bring some honor to
the family since my brother wouldn't"
"How did you get so wounded?"
"Master punshied me, I didn't do him justice. I disappointed him."
"What did he want you to do Regulus?"
"Kill him, kill him" he shuddered, "but i couldn't, not him,"
"Who did he want you to kill? tell me?"
"Sirius, my brother,"

Then the old elf watched as his master fainted and the werewolf left. It would of done Mistress's other son justice to be killed. He was such a blood traitor. Kreacher ran up the stairs to find Mistress, she would surely want to know.

yea^ its depressing but i thought it was believable.

Last edited by on Wed Jan 31 2007, 15:11; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Snapes_girl
1st Year
1st Year
Snapes_girl

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-24
Number of posts : 6274
Real First Name : Nancy
Warning :

House : Slytherin - Where I have always belonged
Award Bar :
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Left_bar_bleue3 / 7003 / 700Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord   Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord EmptyTue Nov 28 2006, 11:30

Part 1:

1. Discuss your theories on who could have invented this potion and why they would have invented such a powerful potion. How long ago was it invented? (10)

I think that the potion was originally invented by a ministry member a very long time ago, maybe 100 years. They probably invented it to use on wizards and witches on trial to make sure that they told the truth in their trials.

2. How would this potion be valuable to Aurors in the upcoming war? (5)

They could use the potion on ones they suspected to be Deatheaters or use it to try and find out if someone was put under the imperious curse.

3. How could the potion be used by the Dark Lord and his follwers? (5)

They could use it on people who were close to Harry to try and find out where Harry is and what he is up to, Voldemort could use it to try to get the words of the prophecy from someone he knows that knows it. It could be used to try to find out where the location of the Order of the Phoenix headquarters is and It could also be used on the Deatheaters to see if their loyalties really do lie with him.

4. Why do you believe that the potion is restricted? (5)

Possibly because it was deemed unfair to use after many people abused it, either that or they were worried about the potion being used in the wrong hands, such as Voldemort's or the Deatheaters.

Part 2:

The first war was a horrible, long and bloody battle. I will remember it always. My name is Remus Lupin and I will tell you a little about what I experienced. They were dark times. The evil Lord Voldemort was at full power. He had many followers known as Deatheaters. They were responsible for hundreds of deaths of witches, wizards and even mugles. No one was safe in this time. Anyone caught going against Voldemort was sought after and either murdered or tortured into madness.

On the last day of the battle the Order of the Phoenix came face to face with Voldemort and his Deatheaters. They almost found out where our headquarters were thanks to one of the Deatheaters kidnapping one of our members named Beatrice. They forced her to take viritaserum and asked her where the order was located. She was not our secret keeper but she could still give an almost exact location under the potions effects. Just as she was about to spill the secret Mad-eye Moody found her and the Deatheaters that were holding her hostage. He jinxed them both with a conjunctivitis curse and saved her just in time.

When Voldemort found out what had happened he was furious. Moody alerted us to where the Deatheaters and their leader were and we all met to battle. There were curses flying everywhere. A lot of lives were taken by the worst of the unforgivable curses that day. After several hours of battleing there were more members of our group left than theirs and they stepped back and apperated away. A few days after the battle Voldemort went to kill the child the prophecy told about and was stripped of his human form as well as his powers.

We know now what to expect when the next battle emerges. We are stronger and smarter now and when that time comes, we will be ready.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyLord81
1st Year
1st Year
MonkeyLord81

Male
Regist. date : 2006-12-22
Number of posts : 37
Real First Name : Harry
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff
Award Bar :
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord   Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord EmptySat Jan 06 2007, 06:35

Part 1:

I believe it was made thousands of years ago, to make... err... "fiesty" men and women not lie about... things. :P It was probably made in the early 1700's by a wizard-judge in divorce cases ;)

2. They would be able to truely KNOW if someone was a Death Eater, and secrets from them (ie. where other Death Eaters where, what was their next mission). Also, they would be properly able to sentance people, and get the fullest information from them, therefore *perhaps* ending the war on dark magic sooner.

3. It could be used to interrorgate hostages, important people (ie. if they capture the Minister of Magic), learn things about the Order (ie. their missions, members, who's the secret keeper), and many other things. They could also use secrets from them for blackmail.

4. It is restricted because of personal privacy, I think. It would be cruel to make someone say in a crowded dinner hall that they cross-dressed in middle school. Also, it may have some unpleaseant side-effects (ie. bleeding, dieing, ect ;D )

Part 2:

Auror: Where is he?
Man: NEVER!
Auror: Tell us!!! Or you will be forced to!
Man: You can't make me!
Auror: Fine then... Bring the Veritaserum!
Man: No! I won't drink it!
** Auror forces man to drink Veritaserum **
Auror: Where... Is Sirius Black?
Man: I don't know! Ask Dumbledoor!
Auror: Hmm...
** The plot thickens **
Back to top Go down
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2007-01-30
Number of posts : 4801
Real First Name : Kate or Katie
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Crest : Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Ravenc10
Award Bar :
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Left_bar_bleue102 / 700102 / 700Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord   Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord EmptySun Feb 11 2007, 00:35

Part 1:

1. Discuss your theories on who could have invented this potion and why they would have invented such a powerful potion. How long ago was it invented? I believe that the potion was invented a few centuries ago, but until the time Voldemort came into power the first time is was rarely used, perhaps even banned. I think that the witch or wizard that invented the potion was highly intelligent, possibly ambitious and a glory seeker. There are many walks of life in which Veritaserum would have been needed. I personally think that it may have been invented by a past warden of Azkaban. Picture an ambitious wizard warden, he wants to move up, he wants money and fame. He invents the potion in order to get prisoners to confess, which leads to more arrests, all which make him look good. The wizard could have also taken the information that the confessions brought and used them to blackmail other witches and wizards out of money, or forcing inmates to tell him where stolen riches were stashed. I imagine that the urge to misuse the potion was too much, that the Ministry figured out what was going on and stepped in to put an end to it, bringing in Dementors to guard the prison because they of all creatures are unsusceptible to greed. Severe restrictions would have been placed on the Veritaserum, so that it could not be misused again. Whoever invented the potion did so with conviction that they were completely right to do so, they would not question if it was ethical or not. But it seems likely since truth serum is the holy grail of police investigation and interrogation, that it was invented by somebody from that background.
2. How would this potion be valuable to Aurors in the upcoming war? It could be valuable to Aurors in numerous ways. Members themselves could be occasionally tested to make sure that they were not spies. It could be used to uncover if someone were faking enchantment by the dark lord. Members of Voldemorts team could be forced to reveal future attacks, even Voldemortes location. It could be a part of everything they do, and since most Aurors are members of the Order of the Phoenix it stands to reason that they would trustworthy enough to administer the potion as well.

3. How could the potion be used by the Dark Lord and his follwers? In all the ways that the Aurors could use, so could Lord Voldemort. He would delight in capturing a hated enemy and forcing them to spill what they know about the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts, or Order of the Phoenix. He to could flush out any spies in his network. The only reason that I do not believe that the Dark Lord would use is because it would not be painful enough for his enemies. He could use it to amass a fortune by getting people to tel lhim where their money is, all the better to wage a war with
4. Why do you believe that the potion is restricted? The potion is restricted because in the wrong hands this portion is too invasive, and the temptation to abuse its power would be too strong for some witches and wizards to ignore. If Veritaserum were available to anyone, then no secrets would be safe, and no one would ever learn to trust anyone else. Imagine a society where your secret thoughts and fears could be exposed by anyone with the right potion at any given time. It would be a society of mistrust, unhappiness, and perhaps even terror. Not all lies are terrible ones and some are even necessary. What if Snape, Filch or Umbridge were allowed to give it to the students of Hogwarts? It would be very difficult to decide when it was being used out of necessity as opposed to cruelty or greed.

Part 2:

Write a senario either from first person or as the story teller about an instance in the first war between the order and the deatheaters where the potion was used. Be inventive and detailed. This part is worth 25 housepoints, so a couple of lines will not give you full marks.
Voldemort looked across the table to the young wizard seated there. If what Snape said were true then Voldemort was to be in his debt. He narrowed his reddened eyes, trying to see into Snapes mind. He could not pick up any signs that he was being lied to, but he often felt that Severus was more talented than he let on. He needed to be sure that Snape was on his side and that this was not some ploy or set-up to take his title of Dark Lord from him.
Perhaps there was a way to gauge how truthful Snape was being, in such a ways as not to alarm him to the fact that he was being tested. Ahh, Verituserum, he thought, that would be the ideal solution . No need to hide it from him, he wanted to see the look on Snape’s face when he suggested the potion.
“Severus, I thank you for coming to me with this information. No doubt it will prove to be valuable information. I will give the matter my full attention” he said.
“No, thank you, Lord Voldemort. I am glad to be given the opportunity to have been somewhat of help.” The words poured oily from Snapes mouth. There were many qualities about Severous Snape that Lord Voldemort liked, somethings that reminded him of himself.
Snape stood up and bowed slightly to Lord Voldemort, ready to make his goodbyes.
“Sit down, Snape, we’re not quite done.” Snape sat back down, and if he were surprised he did not show it.
“You may take this as an insult, but I hope that you won’t. I need to make sure that the prophecy you overheard that Trelawney woman tell Dumbledore was exact word for word.” Other than a slow, bored looking blink, Snape’s face showed nothing.
“ I want to give you Veritaserum,” Voldemort continued,” to confirm what you have told me.”
This time Voldemort was sure he caught the beginnings of a sneer forming around Snapes mouth.
“If you feel it is necessary, my Lord” said Snape.
Voldemort nodded and called a death eater over to him and gave him the orders to bring the potion and two glasses of wine with him. The two wizards sat in silence while the items were located. Voldemort took the time to study Snape. Despite his dislike for Snapes unkept appearance, there was much that he liked in the young wizard. Severus was intelligent, and cunning, perhaps more talented than any of his other followers. But was Snape loyal? Could he be trusted implicitly? Voldemort had plenty of minions like Bellatrix Lestrange, who had almost a blind allegiance to him. What he wanted was an ambitious, revenge driven wizard like Snape to be his second in command, but he did not want a wizard who might be plotting behind his back to steal his power from him.
The death eater returned with the wine and correct potion, Voldemort motioned him to put the potion in Snape’s glass. Snape took the glass in his hand, and swirled the dark red liquid in tight circles. With eyebrows raised, he silently toasted Lord Voldemort and downed the glass of wine. The effects of the serum were immediate, relaxing all of Snapes features. Without the tight drawn look he usually sported, Snape was transformed into a handsome man, save for his unwashed hair. Voldemort began his questioning.
“Where were you earlier before you came to see me?”
“ I was at Hog’s Head, I followed Dumbeldore there. He was with Sybil Trelawney. For once, she was having a genuine vision, not her usual rubbish.”
“What exactly did she say in her prophecy?”
“Trelawney said, ‘The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches. Born to those that have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies’ .”
“What happened then, Severus?”
“Aberfoth saw me by the door, listening, he came and asked me what I thought I was doing. He caused a scene. Trelawney and Dumbledore saw me, I think. Aberforth made me leave Hog’s Head. I came straight to you to report what I had heard.”
“Is that every thing you know about the prophecy?”
“Yes.”
“Can I trust you?”
“Yes, my lord”
\ “Do you want my power for yourself?”
“No, my lord.”
“What do you want, Snape?”
Without pause Snape answered; “ I want revenge against all those that tormented me. I want, I want, I want…Lily. I want her to see what a powerful wizard I am, that I’m more of a man than that sniveling James Potter will ever be.”
Voldemort stared at Snape, puzzled. He had not thought that Severus were capable of romantic feeling, and since he himself had never entertained the idea of love he found it odd that a wizard with as much potential as Snape would allow himself to get caught up with it.
Once more they fell into silence. Voldemort contemplated the meaning of the prophecy. He was almost sure that a part of the prophecy had been missed by Snape. But he could not take to risk of losing everything that he had worked so hard to achieve.
“Thank you, Severus, this has been most helpful. Your efforts will be rewarded. You may go now, so that you can be alone until the effects of the potion have left you.” said Voldemort.
Snape nodded, his lips tightening into a thin line. He was angry that he had revealed his feelings about Lily to Lord Voldemort, but maybe it would end up to be a good thing. Maybe once James was destroyed, Voldemort would allow Snape to have Lily. She would be an asset to their side, her talents and her intelligence wouldn’t be wasting away if she were standing with Snape. If the prophecy proved to helpful perhaps Voldemort would help him do away with James.
As Snape hurried away, Voldemort searched his mind for likely couples to bring about his downfall. He would wait to see how the prophecy worked out, and then he would make his move. No infant was going to grow up to defeat him, he would stop the prophecy before it even began.
Back to top Go down
http://midnightbookgirl.com
drkangelcat
2nd Year
2nd Year
drkangelcat

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-01
Number of posts : 4340
Real First Name : Cat
Warning :

House : Slytherin's Official Nut
Wand : Willow & Veela Hair
Award Bar :
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Left_bar_bleue68 / 70068 / 700Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord   Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord EmptyThu Feb 15 2007, 17:54

Part 1:

1. I believe someone working in the Department of Mysteries created it. Someone in the department probley needed to get the truth out oof someone and created it to get what he or she wants. It was probley created between mid-1600’s and late 1700’s.

2. This potion could be used to question Death Eaters, to find out all aspects of Voldemort and his followers. Also it could help prevent events like the one involving Sirius Black.

3. Voldemort could figure out all tactics that the DA and Order of the Phoenix are using. It could also be used to know what the DA and the order know.

4. The potion is probley restricted because of possible side effects of drinking it or having an overdose. Also it might mentally or emotional harm someone or it could be because it had been once used to get major secrets revealed, the ministry didn’t want known.

Part 2:

Severus Snape had decided to vow allegiance to the Order and was now being questioned by Albus Dumbledore and Fabian Prewett in Dumbledore’s office.

“I believe he is trust worthy,” spoke Dumbledore.

“How can we be sure?” asked Prewett, “He could still be working for You-Know-Who.”

Dumbledore walked over to a cabinet filled with a variety of potions. He pulled out a vial with a liquid that looked like water. He adjusted his glasses to read it and then began to walk back towards Prewett.

“I believe this may help,” Dumbledore spoke wisely, while handing the vial to Prewett.

Prewett glanced to the vial to see what it was, then uncorked, while walking to Snape.

“Drink this,” Prewett ordered and passed the vial to Snape.

Snape grabbed the vial and took a look at it.

“Veritaserum.” Snape smirked, “What don’t trust me Prewett?”

“Just drink,” Prewett ordered again.

Snape took the potion and drank.

“Have you ever worked for You-Know-Who?” asked Prewett.

“Yes,” spoke Snape simply.

“Are you still working for him?” Prewett asked.

“No,” answered Snape.

Dumbledore gave an all-knowing smile and took back the vial.

“As I said I trust him,” spoke Dumbledore with a twinkle in his eye.
Back to top Go down
http://drkangelkitty.deviantart.com
Fated4HP
5th Year
5th Year
Fated4HP

Male
Regist. date : 2006-03-05
Number of posts : 5918
Location : Embraced by the dark side, found only in shadows of my evil mind!
Real First Name : Jesse
Warning :

House : SLYTHERIN
Award Bar :
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord   Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord EmptyFri Feb 16 2007, 14:14

This second part of Veritaserum will cover the dangers of the potion with regards to Voldemort and his followers.

As Mad Eye would say, you need constant vigilance with the war approaching.

Part 1:

1. Discuss your theories on who could have invented this potion and why they would have invented such a powerful potion. How long ago was it invented? (10) This potion, given the dates and the reasoning behind it, I'd say it was invented a good time ago- rounded to about 500 years. That's not to say it wasn't created before then however it's hard to find the true documented dates or time period. But given that what we know, I'd say that perhaps 490-500 years ago is a safe approximation.

2. How would this potion be valuable to Aurors in the upcoming war? (5) It would be beneficial to the upcoming war simply because of what it is. A truth serum. One that you could capture an enemy, have them be a POW and grill them, interrigate them extensively and every thing that you want to know they'd have to tell. There would be no hiding of the truth anymore. They couldn't lie and thus you'd find out the upcoming plans, the crimes they committed and even more so, the plans they have and how they go about them. You'd be able to inform your allies of their deeds and thus bring them crashing down and essentially crush them! Lies wouldn't save them.

3. How could the potion be used by the Dark Lord and his follwers? (5)They could capture and force an auror or someone from the good side to admit certain plans, ideas, thoughts, and tactics. They'd be able to find out who was on who's side, who was planning to attack where and when. Secrets that had been hidden for decades would spill forth and provide the Dark Lord and Death Eaters with all the information needed to take the advantage, change their own strategies and destroy the good side. They'd be able to find out anything from anyone and then when they were done draining them of info, they'd kill them.

4. Why do you believe that the potion is restricted? (5) It's a potion of extreme power. The power to force the truth out of someone and so therefore in either hands whether they be good or evil, this potion would either help or be dangerous dependng upon who got it and what it was used for.

Part 2:

Write a senario either from first person or as the story teller about an instance in the first war between the order and the deatheaters where the potion was used. Be inventive and detailed. This part is worth 25 housepoints, so a couple of lines will not give you full marks.

"There's no way of knowing for sure, is there?" asked one of the other aurors. As the question was directed to Moody who in turn thought a moment and then he nodded. "There is a way." He replied handing over a vial.
They'd captured a death eater and now were forcing him to speak of the truth and what part he was playing under the servantship of the Dark Lord.
When the captive refused to speak freely, Moody dumped the veritaserum into the captives mouth and suddenly the truth began to pour from the death eater's trembling lips as he was bombarded with questions.
He'd told them the Dark Lord was poewrful and named off Death Eaters that he knew along with the number of them. Moody was pleased as were the Order and the other aurors for now they could find and confront the dark lord and put an end to his terrifying reign.

Total housepoints avaliable:
Part 1: 25
Part 2: 25

I used the Harry Potter Lexicon and my own thoughts on this one
Back to top Go down
Severus Snape
5th Year
5th Year
Severus Snape

Male
Country : Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Flag_u12
Regist. date : 2006-02-21
Number of posts : 2829
Real First Name : Mick
Warning :

House : Slytherin Ex-Head and back to second head!
Award Bar :
Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Left_bar_bleue20 / 70020 / 700Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord   Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord EmptySat Feb 17 2007, 12:35

Well done to all those who have completed this class so far!

GRYFFINDOR
KatieBellaTrix

SLYTHERIN
Snapes_girl
drkangelcat
Fated4HP

HUFFLEPUFF
MonkeyLord81

RAVENCLAW
Rigby Dumbledore

You may continue to post your class entries below!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord   Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord Empty

Back to top Go down

Veritaserum Part 2: Veritaserum and The Dark Lord
Page 1 of 1