Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSBubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12

Go down 
+3
drkangelcat
stephy
Rigby Dumbledore
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Country : Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Flag_u10
Regist. date : 2007-01-30
Number of posts : 4801
Real First Name : Kate or Katie
Warning :
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Right_bar_bleue

House : Ravenclaw
Crest : Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Ravenc10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Left_bar_bleue102 / 700102 / 700Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Right_bar_bleue

Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Empty
PostSubject: Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12   Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 EmptyMon May 21 2007, 14:24

Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Toruble...Potion Creation

For this class I want you to create your very own potion. This class will be worth a total of 50 points.

Part One:

Tell me the name of your potion, the ingrediants, the potion making process, and what the potion does or can be used for. Are there any side effects? What does it look like? Be as detailed as possible. (25 points)

Part Two:

Pretend you are in Snape's potions class brewing your potion. Write about what you think Sanpe's reaction would be to your potion creation. Will he be impressed, alarmed, or underwhelmed? There is no word limit on this, but the more imaginative you are the higher your points will be. (25 points)

Last edited by on Fri Aug 10 2007, 20:46; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://midnightbookgirl.com
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
stephy

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Right_bar_bleue

House : ravenclaw
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Left_bar_bleue85 / 70085 / 700Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12   Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 EmptySun May 27 2007, 20:43

Part One

Potion Name: Eximius Humanus Accelero (Super Human Speed)
Ingrediants:
Making Process: Beetle head, Unicorn Blood,Dragon's Claw, Spiders, Newts and a toenail.
Step One:
Add one beetle head to a teaspoon of unicorn blood in your cauldern. Set your flame on low while stirring it counterclock wise.
Step two:
Add a Dragon's Claw as you turn your flame onto high. Stir clockwise as the potion starts to turn purple.
Step Three:
Add three spiders and newts at the same time while stirring it counterclock wise three times. Let shimmer till it turns sliver.
Step Four:
After shimmering for three days, turn off the flame and add a toenail and stir clockwise six times.
Step Five:
You now may drink the potion or put it in a container for later use.

Part Two

(I decided to do it rping style. I belive it would be the easier way for me)

During Potion class with Snape Stephy spent the whole class trying to come up with her own potion while Snape had told everyone to make streangthening potion instead. Finally finishing added some items Snape strolled over to Stephy to see what she was up to.
"What is this may I ask" Said Snape glaring down into the potion.
"I dont know. Just made it" Stephy replied.
"Have you've been fouling around all this time, ten points from Ravenclaw. I told you to make a Streangthening potion not some lame excuse of a potion with things thrown in together." Snape remarked
"Sorry Professor, I just wanted to see if I could make a new potion" Stephy said glaring up at him.
"Well then, shall we test it on you then. Why its your potion after all." Snape said after seeing Stephy shift around in her chair. "You are finished, right. Just take a gulp and well all see if you have invented a new potion or not" Snape said as his lip strated to curl.
Stephy steped out in front of the class and dranked her potion and felt a wierd sensation down at her feet.
"I see thatnothing had happened. Now go sit down" Snape snarled.
As Stephy went to take her set she had ran there as if she ahd supernatural spped...... maybe thats what her potion did.
"Well i see that you did make somehting after all." Snape said but then added "ANother ten points from Ravenclaw. If you werent too busy making hat potion would have finished the one that I had assinged to the class" and with that he strolled over to his desk as Stephy took her set.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala
drkangelcat
2nd Year
2nd Year
drkangelcat

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-01
Number of posts : 4340
Real First Name : Cat
Warning :

House : Slytherin's Official Nut
Crest : Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Slythe10
Wand : Willow & Veela Hair
Award Bar :
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Left_bar_bleue68 / 70068 / 700Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12   Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 EmptyWed May 30 2007, 08:25

Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Toruble...Potion Creation

Part One:

Often confused with a love potion, L'elisir d'amore (The Elixir of Love) does not make one infatuated or obsessed with the target, nor manufacture or imitate love. The Elixir of Love attracts the drinker to the one they love, if they do not love anyone at the time then the elixir has no effects. People who do not know who they truly love, like when they are torn between two people or are unsure of their feelings often use it.

The elixir has a pinkish color when done right. The potion rarely has side effects, but occasionally since the potion let’s you know who you love you may end up getting yourself in trouble with your partner (boyfriend, girlfriend, fiancé, ect.) if they are not the one you truly love. Also, if the potion is made wrong you might end up trying to snog everything that walks.

Ingredients
9 oz. sweet red wine
9 basil leaves
9 red rose petals
9 cloves
9 apple seeds
9 drops vanilla extract
9 drops strawberry juice
1 ginseng root, cut into 9 equal pieces

Put these nine ingredients into a cauldron on the ninth hour of the ninth day of the ninth month of the year. Stir the potion nine times with a wooden spoon. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for nine minutes. Remove the cauldron from the heat and allow the potion to cool off. Blow nine times upon the potion, and then you are done. A word of warning: This potion is extremely potent and should be used with caution. Its results can be very intense, long-lasting, and often difficult to control or reverse.

Part Two:

[also going rp style cause it is also easier for me]

Cat sat at her potions table bored out of her mind. She had finished Professor’s Snape’s potion early and now had nothing to do. After about five minutes of boredom she decided she might as well do something. She got her cauldron again and grabbed a bunch of random ingredients. She didn’t know what she was going to make and could care less if it ended up causing an explosion, it wasn’t like Snape was going to take much points off her house if she did, after all she was a Slytherin.

She looked at what she had and debated on what to do with it all. After a while of looking what she had she realized what she could make out of it. She checked her muggle watch that she obtained from some lost first year Gryffies as a payment for telling them where the Great Hall was. It was 9 a.m. ‘Perfect’, she thought and grinned. It was the ninth hour of the ninth day of the ninth month of the year. Nine was a good number in her mind and perfect for the potion she wanted to make.

She put nine ounces of sweet red wine, nine basil leaves, nine red rose petals, nine cloves, nine apple seeds, nine drops of vanilla extract, nine drops of strawberry juice, and nine pieces of a cut up ginseng root into her cauldron. She stirred the potion nine times with a wooden spoon. Then, she brought the mixture to a boil and then reduced the heat and let it simmer for nine minutes. After that she removed the cauldron from the heat and allowed the potion to cool off. After it cooled off she blew nine times upon the potion, and then she was done. The potion was a perfect pink color, just like it was supposed to be.

She placed her elixir into various bottles and then labeled them. When she was all done with that she placed them in a box and set them on Professor Snape’s desk.

“Sir,” Cat began. “I was hoping I could get some extra credit.”

Snape opened the box and examined the vials containing the pink potion and then looked back to Cat. “Making extra potions in class without permission? You could have done something terribly wrong and caused who knows what.”

“I am sorry sir,” She apologized. “I was bored.”

“Well given that the potion in these vials seem to be perfectly made I guess I can excuse your idiocy,” He spoke. “Oh and 10 points to Slytherin!”

Cat walked back to her seat with a smirk on her face, ignoring the glares she got from the non-slytherin students.
Back to top Go down
http://drkangelkitty.deviantart.com
polly
3rd Year
3rd Year
polly

Female
Country : Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Flag_u12
Regist. date : 2006-03-12
Number of posts : 10718
Real First Name : Polly
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw!
Wand : Hawthorn and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Left_bar_bleue11 / 70011 / 700Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12   Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 09:28

Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation.

Part one

Name of Potion: Sightless alur tu.
The Potion of invisibility
Colour: Thin, milky colour little bits of steam coming of it.
Ingredients:
Water (half a cauldron full)
12 beetle legs.
Finger of a bowtruckle.
3 daisy flowers
A tail from a blast ended skrewt
1 Hair from a unicorn tail
Method:
1. Place the water into the bowl
2. Create a fire , put it at 100’C
3. After a minute put a beetle leg in
4. Repeat this leaving a minute gap between each time Leave one leg on the side. you put a leg in.
5. Place the finger of a bowtruckle in the cauldron.
6. Stir 5 times clockwise, 5 times anti clockwise
7. Repeat this 10 times
8. Place the tail of a blast ended skrewt into the cauldron
9. Leave the Potion to simmer for 10 minutes
10. Turn down the heat to 50’C
11. Put you 3 daisy flowers into the cauldron
12. Stir 10 times clockwise
13. Place the last beetle leg into the potion
14. Turn the fire to 5’C
15. Wait for 5 minutes
16. Place the unicorn Hair into the cauldron
17. Leave Potion for 10 minutes and it will be ready to take.

Use: This Potion can be used on humans animals or objects to make anything invisible. If you are going to use it on an object only a drop is needed whereas animals or humans will need to take 30ML to become invisible.

Side effects:
The only side effect is if the potion is not done carefully enough.
Or the drinker takes more than 50ml. 30ML is recommend for a days invisibility but if someone puts a little more in it will not do any damage. But if more than 50ML is placed in then it will make the drinker invisible for the rest of there life.

Part two

As I walked into potions class I knew this would be one of the most nervous lessons this year. It was my end of year exam in potions and instead of a theory paper Professor Snape had decided to do a practical. The exam was to create our own potion. Now Professor Snape had given us a week to prepare and we may use the potions class room with permission. The potion I had decided to create was one I had named sightless alur tu it basically meant the potion of invisibility. To get my ingredient had been very had and I had to get the help of Professor Hagrid. Nervously I got my ingredients out and placed them on the table.
“You have 1:30 minutes to complete this task you may begin.” Professor snape began to write the time when we would be ending our exam. I began to work through the method carefully knowing that one little mistake could ruin my whole potions final. Professor Snape walked around the classroom peering into different cauldrons. With only half an hour left I began to worry I had only gotten up to number 13. While I was leaving my potion to wait for five minutes (number 14) Professor Snape came swooping down near me with a clipboard.
“Swindail of Ravenclaw okay now tell me what is it you are making here.”
“I...i...it’s a potion of invisibility sir I’ve named it Sightless alur tu sir” I said nervously.
“Right and how exactly does this potion work Swindail? And what are the side effects.”
“Well sir if you are using the potion upon objects you only need a small drop but if you are using it on a human or animal you will need 30ML sir. And…and the side effects are only if you take more than 50ML sir I think it would turn you invisible for a very long time.” My hands began to sweat I had not tested this potion out on many objects.
“Right Swindail after this lesson you will leave on my desk a method for creating this potion a list of ingredients and 30ML of your solution is it?”
“Yes sir”
“Very well carry on you have 15 more minutes” and with that sir went onto the next desk.
I had left my potion to simmer for 6 minutes instead of 5 but there seemed to be no change so with that I did the last two steps gathered up my things and placed the potion, method and ingredients list upon Professor Snapes desk hopeing that it would work.
“Class queue up outside I will call you in alphabetically and you will demonstrate the workings of your potion Millie Adams come”
I stood outside now extremely nervous what if something went dreadfully wrong?
Clam down Polly I told myself taking steady breaths. Finally it came to my turn.
“Polly Swindail enter”
“Hello Professor” I managed to muster a weak smile
“Take you potion please” Professor Snape had a very serious look upon his face and I knew if something went wrong I was dead. So with a shaky hand I took my potion and drank it in one. Instantly I felt the cool ice feeling flood through my body looking down I saw that I could not see myself. It had worked.
“Swindail has your potion been successful obviously I can see you have met your target of becoming invisible but have you made some stupid mistake that has made you seriously ill?” His voice was deadly
“No Professor its worked fine”
“Very well you will find out your results of your examination the night before the leaving feast you may go.”
I hurried out of the room and went straight for the common room it was a good thing that potions was last lesson of Friday as my potion work for 24hours.
Back to top Go down
MissDelacourGranger78
1st Year
1st Year
MissDelacourGranger78

Regist. date : 2007-06-28
Number of posts : 5
Warning :

Award Bar :
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12   Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 EmptyThu Jun 28 2007, 17:34

Part One:

Name of Potion: Cure A La Fuse Bebe- Curing a Fussy Baby
Color: Pale Blue with steam brewing from it.
Ingredients:
Water- half cauldron full
Warm Baby Formula- 1/4 cauldron full
3 Drops of Unicorn Blood
Lavendar Scents
M
Method:
1. Fill the cauldron with the water half way up
2. Put the warm baby forula 1/4 of the way up
3. Use a droper to put the THREE DROPS of unicorn blood in. No more than 3 drops (read side effects).
4. Pour the lavendar scents into your cauldron. You should have 1 cup of this.
5. Stir slowly for five minutes.
6. Let sit for one day.
Use:
This potion is for use on babies before they go to bed at night or for a long nap during the day. It is quite useful for fusy babies or restless babies. The potion is to be put into the babies bottle before they go to sleep and lasts for nine hours. You will get twelve bottles out of a small caulron and twenty-four bottles out of a large cauldron.
Side Effects:
Only use on children two and under or else the children will become addicted to the potion and it may prove deadly. Use only three drops of unicorn blood or else your child will slip into a comma that lasts up to three weeks with attention from medical people. Can last up to one year if goes un-treated.

Part 2:
When I went into Professor Snapes class and he gave us the assignment to create our own potion, I thought of my mother when she had to take care of my younger sister. Lillie Anne never got any sleep, so I decided to make this potion. I thought of soothing elements and the three drops of unicorn blood to help balance it out so it wouldn't be so strong.

When Professor Snape came up to me, he asked me what it was and I explained it. He was very impressed with the idea and wondered if it worked. So I let it sit for a day and Snape brought in a baby to test it on. The baby went right to sleep and slept for nine hours Snape told me. My potion had become very useful to all parents out there who need some extra time for work or relaxing or sleeping themselves.
Back to top Go down
streams of silver
5th Year
5th Year
streams of silver

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 6449
Real First Name : What is real?
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff, of course. I thought it was obvious...
Crest : Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Huffle10
Award Bar :
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Left_bar_bleue15 / 70015 / 700Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12   Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 EmptyMon Jul 09 2007, 22:22

Part One:

Anti-Alcohol Brew

This potion can either be used on a drunken person, to immediately sober them up, or it can be used on the effects the morning after. It will effectively get rid of the blinding headache, sensitivity to light and all other symptoms of the morning after. However, the user must drink a glassful (8 ounces) in exactly three swallows, otherwise their symptoms will worsen and the potion will no longer work for that specific time. This potion is a dark navy-blue, shake before drinking as it tends to settle slightly.

6 fat black leeches
2 cockroaches, medium-sized
1 Mandrake leaf
3 teaspoons beetle juice
half a lemon
11 pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon salt
3 small freshwater pearls
5 cups fresh rainwater

Fill your cauldron with the rainwater. Then chop each leech into four equal pieces. I advise you wear your dragon-hide gloves because it can be quite a messy procedure, and the leeches may attempt some last-minute sucking. Cut off the cockroach heads and place them on the side. The cockroach bodies and leech bits can be added to your cauldron, as well as the beetle juice. Leave the flame low and let it simmer for approximately 15 minutes, by the end of which your potion should be a murky black-brown.

Squeeze your lemon half over the cauldron once, and then stir clockwise. Add six pumpkin seeds and keep stirring. After five minutes of stirring add the rest of the pumpking seeds, plus two more squeezes of lemon. Cut the mandrake leaf vertically in half, and then toss it into the potion, immediately followed by the salt. Stir once counterclockwise and six times clockwise, and then adjust the flame to high. The potion should now be a dull greenish-yellow. When it is bubbling, and smelly green clouds are belching out of your cauldron, add the pearls, one at a time. Ten minutes later, the potion will change color to navy blue. Adjust the flame to medium, add the cockroach heads, let it boil for seventeen minutes, and then your potion is done.

Part 2:

Gathering my hair up into a ponytail, I double-checked my ingredients before lighting the fire under my cauldron. Today Snape had ordered us to choose one potion from a selection of five he had placed on the chalkboard, and now he was gliding up and down the rows of students, peering into their cauldrons. When he reached me I stiffened slightly. Snape had never been as lenient with me as he always was with the Slytherins, but I was a Hufflepuff and so he didn't hate me on principle. He usually just ignored me.

He stopped when he reached my cauldron. Now this was unusual. "What have we here?" he asked in a bored voice, glancing over my ingredients.

"The Anti-Alcohol Brew, sir," I replied in my politest voice.

With a sneer, he picked up one of the leeches, watching it squirm in his grip. "Didn't think you had the stomach for it," he told me, dropping the leech back onto my desk.

"There are always surprises, sir."

My reply seemed to amuse him and he stared at me, his black eyes boring into mine. "Very well then. Attempt to surprise me, though I assure you that--"

A sudden explosion rocked the dungeon and he hurried away, shooting me a derisive glance over his shoulder. How anyone had already managed an explosion was beyond me, but it had distracted Snape, so I thanked them silently, whoever they were, and then got to work on my potion. About twenty-five minutes later, my potion was bubbling happily but the clouds rising from it were brown, not green. What had I done wrong? What?

Snape strode over, looking down his hooked nose at me. His eyes were cold and mocking. "You've either squeezed the lemon one too many times, or you've not stirred counterclockwise," he told me with a smug, tight smirk. "Which one is it?"

I felt my face grow hot as I remembered stirring clockwise, but not counterclockwise. "I'm afraid, sir..." I stumbled over my words and stared at the ground. "I forgot to stir."

"Quite right." He shrugged. "Well then, your potion is useless. Although..." A challenge rose in his dark eyes. "There is a way to resolve this. If you can figure it out, I will award Hufflepuff ten points."

I stared open-mouthed at his back as he strode away. Snape awarding points? It was probably impossible to fix the potion, and he was just harassing me to see to what lengths I would go. Nevertheless, ten points is ten points, and so I studied my potions book over and over, searching for a clue. I was running out of time and so I decided to just stir it now, and then proceed normally.

When the potion was done, it was a washed-out navy blue. I knew it wasn't right but bottled some anyway and took it up to Snape's desk. "Well," he told me, his mouth lifted in a sneer, "did you make it right?"

"I don't think so, sir," was my reply, as I placed the vial on his desk.

"Perhaps you would like to sample it, so that we can find out?"

I froze momentarily and then a smile crept onto my face. "Are you suggesting, sir, that I get drunk?"

"Five points from Hufflepuff," he said smoothly, but I could nearly swear I saw the ghost of a smile flit across his face.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegiftbp.com
Ginnevra_24
1st Year
1st Year
Ginnevra_24

Female
Regist. date : 2007-07-30
Number of posts : 102
Real First Name : Ginny
Warning :

House : Gryffindor
Award Bar :
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: le breuvage magique interminable(the never ending potion)   Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 EmptyFri Aug 03 2007, 22:55

NAME OF THE POTION: le breuvage magique interminable(the never ending potion)

INGREDIENTS:
20 mills of Unicorn Blood (willingly given)
1 Powdered Dragon's Claw
4 Spiders (dried)
9 powdered shrake spines
Pure Water (collected fresh from a pure source i.e. a waterfall or under ground hot spring) (half a cauldron full)
1 large jasper crystal

MAKING THE POTION

STEP 1: (in this order) add the pure water and the dragon’s blood to your cauldron and set your fire to burn at 100 degrees Celsius

STEP 2: mix 4 times anti clockwise then let the liquid settle then mix 6 times clockwise
As you mix clockwise the liquid should turn into a shimmering silver color (if it doesn’t you
Need to start again it is imperative that the liquid turn silver)

STEP 3: add the powdered dragon’s claw, the powdered shrake spines and the spiders to your mortar and grind to a very fine powder using the jasper crystal as a pestle

STEP 4: sprinkle your freshly ground powder of dragons claw, shrake spines and dried spiders into your cauldron stirring anti-clockwise as your stir in your powder the silver liquid will turn white

STEP 5: let the potion simmer for 1 hour no more and no less or the potion is useless as the potion simmers it will turn a luminescent white as if pure light is brewing in your cauldron.

STEP 6: the potion is ready for use, it can be used straight away or stored in glass vials with cork lid (potion storage is important). The potion can be stored for 1 year before it must be thrown away.

WHAT THIS POTION DOES

This is a never ending potion one vial of this potion mixed with anything will cause the object it is mixed with or sprinkled upon to be never ending such as food and drink, materials, ink, just about anything. However this potion can not be used for greed or to hurt or humiliate someone else. This potion can NOT be used on money

SIDE EFFECTS

* If this potion is used for greed the person who used it will find themselves extremely unlucky with money
* if the potion is used to humiliate someone else the person who used it will be doing embarrassing things for a time frame of 2 to 4 months (im still testing to get an exact time frame)

* THE POTION LOOKS LIKE PURE LIGHT

PART TWO

Ginny stared out the window in Snape’s potion class he wanted her to make a new potion.
Ginny could hardly remember the potions she had studied most of the year and he wanted her
To come up with a new one! She wanted to make something that would help people but she
Couldn’t think of much. Then all of a sudden Ginny was struck by an idea what if I could make a Potion that made things like food and ink and parchment (items not everyone could afford a lot of) Never end so everyone could have enough of the things they needed so she set to work right awayShe came up with one potion but that didn’t work because the unicorn blood used in this potion Was from the supply cupboard so Ginny thought maybe if I had fresh unicorn blood from a unicorn Willing to give it to her it would make a difference, So Ginny got permission to go to the bathroom, but instead of going to the bathroom she snuck off To the forbidden forest within five minutes she came across a unicorn (there was a herd living in the forest) She slowly walked up to the unicorn. “Excuse me im sorry to bother you but I need some unicorn blood but it needs to be willingly given I don’t want to take what is not mine to take.” The unicorn looked at Ginny and tilted its head to the side a little. Seemingly not understanding what Ginny was saying. Then the unicorn bent its head low and pricked the inside of its leg with its own golden horn, and then the unicorn presented its leg to Ginny so she could collect the fresh blood, willingly given.
Ginny took off back to the potions room she knew by now professor snape would be furious she had been gone longer than a bathroom break would take.
Ginny tried to sneak back into the room as quietly as possible then she jumped with freight “WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!” bellowed professor snape,
“I umm I … moaning myrtle sir ….. The bathroom flooded again I had to get filch to help clean up the water”.
“Excuses excuses” sneered snape “take your seat immediately! you have little time to finish your potion and I assure if it is not done I will be deducting ten points from your house”. Said snape his lip curling into an odd smile at the thought of taking ten points from Gryffindor.
Ginny sat immediately and set to work on her potion she finished it just in time.
When it came to her turn to tell the class what her potion did and show how it worked she was nervous but she got up went to the front of the class taking her potion and her ink with her she explained what her potion did then she sprinkled a little of the potion in her ink and mixed it then she tipped her ink in the bin the ink well should have been empty now but the ink did not stop pouring the ink was now never ending.
“Well done another second rate potion from Gryffindor!” growled snape
“BUT THE POTION WORKED” Ginny stated angrily.
“Ten points will be deducted from your house for your poor attempt at a potion!” snape said with a cruel looking smile on his face.
Although snape had said her potion was second rate and she had lost points Ginny couldn’t stop smiling because she knew that her potion was great and it had worked!

Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 723888
Back to top Go down
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2007-01-30
Number of posts : 4801
Real First Name : Kate or Katie
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Award Bar :
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Left_bar_bleue102 / 700102 / 700Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12   Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 EmptyTue Aug 14 2007, 08:34

Good job, everyone! Thanks for taking the time and putting in the effort. Grades are as follows:

Gryffindor

Ginnvra_24
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Smilie12......48 housepoints

Hufflepuff

streams of silver
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Smilie11.....50 housepoints

Ravenclaw

stephy
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Smilie12.....45 housepoints

polly
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Smilie11.....49 housepoints

MissDelacourGranger78
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Smilie13.....35 housepoints

Slytherin

drkangelcat
Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Smilie11.....50 housepoints
Back to top Go down
http://midnightbookgirl.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12   Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble...Potion Creation 8/12
Page 1 of 1