Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Housepoints

Hufflepuff: 20,650 HP
Ravenclaw: 2,966 HP
Slytherin: 1,788 HP
Gryffindor: 1,511 HP

ShoutBox
HE Staff
Admin

Deputy Head

Heads of House

Second Heads of House
Gryffindor: TBA
Ravenclaw: TBA
Hufflepuff: TBA
Slytherin: TBA

Other Positions
Head Students
(February 2017 - February 2018)
NatalieSS

TBA
Prefects
(February 2015 - February2016)
TBA
Classes
Ancient Runes
Professor: TBA

Arithmancy
Professor: amberg93

Charms
Professor: Sashi

Flying Lessons

Healer Studies

Herbology

Mythology

Professor: amortentia773

Potions

Transfiguration
HE Daily Trivia

Don't forget do play the Daily Trivia. There will be a bunch of points available for the Top 10 Players at the end of each month!

Hurry up, then, click HERE!
Latest topics
» Norse God of the Week (7)
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:57

» Norse God of the Week (6)
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Tue Oct 01 2019, 12:22

» Creature Chronicles: NatalieSS
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby NatalieSS Tue Sep 24 2019, 09:52

» Norse God of the Week (5)
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 12:09

» Sorting Request Post
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:50

» Sorting List (look here to see where you have been sorted)
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:49

» Norse God of the Week (4)
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:47

» Norse God of the Week (3)
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:43

» Norse God of the Week (2)
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:41

» Heroes and the Twelve Olympians
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:37

» Being of the Moment 3: Greek Mythology
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 05:27

» Lair of the Sphinx (5)
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:43

» Lair of the Sphinx (3)
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:33

» Lair of the Sphinx (4)
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Sep 21 2019, 03:27

» [TOURNAMENTS]: Year 12 - Instructions & Sign-ups & Round Requests
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:03

» [DEBATES TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Tea or Coffee?
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby NatalieSS Wed Sep 18 2019, 14:00

» Egyptian God of the Week (1)
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:56

» Norse God of the Week (1)
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:46

» Greek Mythology Crossword
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:30

» Mythology Quotes II: Fallen Puzzle
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 12:26

» Mythology Quotes I: Fallen Puzzle
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:16

» What Mythological Creature Are You?
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 15 2019, 10:04

» General House Common Room Part 24
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sat Aug 10 2019, 10:18

» CoMC Double Puzzle I
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby avablacky Sat Dec 16 2017, 14:05

» Students Workload - Report Here
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:09

» Toy Maker Badge
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby avablacky Tue Dec 12 2017, 23:02

» What Are You Wearing Right Now?
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby LoveLucifer Tue Dec 12 2017, 18:06

» Graphics-a-holic Record - Year 12
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:44

» [ICONS TOURNAMENT]: Year 12 - Round 1 - Life Through a Window
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Sashi Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:34

» Readings from beyond #1
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby AlabastorCrowley Tue Sep 19 2017, 17:32

» WAND EXAMINATIONS (1st Years and above sign up here)
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 16:57

» Constellations
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:35

» Colors of Stars
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:10

» Norse God of the Week (8)
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby RedundantBadger Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:04

» Vault 25 - PetraHvězda
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:22

» Vault 24 - Adora Shadow
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:20

» Vault 23 - ctemple
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

» Vault 22 - Nixie_B_Dover
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:16

» Vault 21 - STRAWBERRY MANGO
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:11

» Vault 20 - NatalieSS
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Emptyby Raistlin The Wizard Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:07

Term Cup Winners
Year 1 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 1 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Slytherin
Quidditch Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 2 (1st Semester)
Year 2 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Gryffindor
Year 3 (1st Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Quidditch Cup: Slytherin
Year 3 (2nd Semester)
House Cup: Ravenclaw
Year 4 (Full Year)
House
Cup: Gryffindor
Quidditch Cup: Hiatus
Year 5 (Full Year)
Year 6 (Full Year)
Year 7 (Full Year)
Year 8 (Full Year)
Year 9 (Full Year)
Year 10 (Full Year)
Year 11 (Full Year)
House Cup: Hufflepuff
Quidditch Cup: Hufflepuff
Recent Exam Passes
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class E: History of the Planets
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class B: Astronomy Today
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class A: Observation Astronomy
amortentia773
Astronomy OWL - Class C: Galaxy quest
amortentia773
Level 5 : Animagus Transformation
amortentia773
Level 6 : Final Exam : Knowledge of Animagus
amortentia773
Level 7 : Register Your Animagus
Featured Member

Affiliates/Topsites
lease vote daily in the following sites to keep our site on top and hopefully attract more members:

These are our static affiliates:

Gordon Parks' Academy
wands at the ready
HOS
Potter's Army
FIGHT LIKE GODSThe Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Mhbutton
GRAPHICS GAMES

Affiliate With Us
If you would like to affiliate with the Hogwarts Experience simply take the link image code below to put onto your site. To have your affiliate here, please PM Raistlin The Wizard or post your button HERE. Please remember, Hogwarts Experience will only affiliate with sites that have our own affiliate link on them.
Add us as an affiliate:

The Twilight Series: General Discussion

Go down 
+31
stephy
Etta
jennifer williams
Rose
Bella Muerte
Just_Ginny
drkangelcat
RhiannonMei
Fwooper
The5Potters
polly
Caroru
Twilightvampire17
skuldandy
Agatha Black
amberg93
Rigby Dumbledore
Elfie Dumbledore
SilverLady
Natalie
littleprincess_01
SmittenKitten
Dancingsunset
CloakedSchemer
mcfly_42
Elana
romance lover
MarieC
Amy
cookiemonster
streams of silver
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
streams of silver
5th Year
5th Year
streams of silver

Female
Country : The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Flag_u10
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 6449
Real First Name : What is real?
Warning :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

House : Hufflepuff, of course. I thought it was obvious...
Crest : The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Huffle10
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15 / 70015 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 25 2006, 14:09

First topic message reminder :

Hey, has anyone read these books? The second book, 'New Moon' just came out...anyway, they're REALLY good. Extremely well-written, excellent plot...and just--wow. Just really good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegiftbp.com

AuthorMessage
polly
3rd Year
3rd Year
polly

Female
Country : The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Flag_u12
Regist. date : 2006-03-12
Number of posts : 10718
Real First Name : Polly
Warning :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 30 / 3The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

House : Ravenclaw!
Crest : The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Ravenc10
Wand : Hawthorn and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue11 / 70011 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed May 16 2007, 09:45

ive never evan heard of these books but ive heard alot of you talk about it so next time im in a book shop im gonna see weather there in there and maybe buy them =]
Back to top Go down
Caroru
HE Owl
HE Owl
Caroru

Female
Country : The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Flag_f12
Regist. date : 2006-02-24
Number of posts : 15490
Real First Name : Caro
Warning :

House : Gryffindor
Crest : The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Gryffi10
Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue70 / 70070 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18 2007, 11:10

Okay, i read Twilight :D

Edward rocks.

THE END!

Oh, and I'm not obsessed, trust me :D

...he's just such a cool guy xD
Back to top Go down
Amy
Retired Deputy Head : 5th year
Amy

Female
Number of posts : 11746
Real First Name : Amy
Warning :

Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue May 22 2007, 06:00

I just realised Eclipse comes out on the 7th August, which is four days before I go to the Isle of Wight, so my question is....

...do I order it off amazon, hope it gets here on the day of release, and then read it? Or do I order if off amazon, hope if gets here on the day of release, and save it for my holiday? Orrr do I not order it because I know it won't arrive on time?

So many options...
Back to top Go down
http://amyxaphania.livejournal.com
Agatha Black
1st Year
1st Year
Agatha Black

Female
Country : The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Flag_i15
Regist. date : 2007-01-26
Number of posts : 2520
Real First Name : Ame
Warning :

House : Slytherin
Crest : The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Slythe10
Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15 / 70015 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23 2007, 09:30

I haven't got to read the first chapter of Eclipse yet...but Kate has and she says it's good....I'm jealous.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Amy

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100 / 700100 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23 2007, 09:57

I've read it! And it is good! Don't click the link below if you don't want to know what happens.

Spoiler:

I can't wait until August 7th!
Back to top Go down
Agatha Black
1st Year
1st Year
Agatha Black

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23 2007, 10:05

Awwww....:Squeee: I have missed Edward so much! It seems like forever since I have..errr...read him?....not sure what to put there..lol...August can not come soon enough!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Amy

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24 2007, 10:41

Just now, I came across - of all things - a website with several very intelligently written essays on Twilight that were set up to show that it's not a good book.

I admit, I was quite shocked, because everyone I know who's read the books loved them. The point that the owner of the website was trying to get across was that Bella and Edward are, from a literary standpoint, very Mary-Sue and Gary-Stu.

She made a convincing argument as well, so it got me thinking...are they? If we take wiki's definition of a Mary-Sue:

Quote :
Mary Sue is a pejorative term, sometimes shortened to Sue, used to describe or criticize a fictional character that exhibits some or most fan fiction clichés, making the character itself something of a cliché. The term "Mary Sue" is often considered unisexual, although masculinized variations such as "Gary Stu" or "Marty Sue" are frequently used in reference to male characters.

The definition today has widened considerably to encompass most clichés found in fiction — such as having a tragic past or being perceived as immediately or eventually likable — and especially that the character in question acts as a wish-fulfillment fantasy for the author who created it. These authors are sometimes referred to as Suethors, a portmanteau of "Sue" and "author".

Exactly what makes a character a Mary Sue is subjective, although commonly accepted criteria include the character being exceptionally lucky. The good luck may be in romance, adventure, and popularity -- with the right people seeming to gravitate toward the character. The Mary Sue also has a role in the story that upstages the other characters. Some believe that if a character is unusual or remarkable in some way, then the character will immediately be perceived as a Mary Sue. Others agree that "Sue traits" are cumulative; most characters have "Sue traits" to some degree, but it's how much and how they are handled that is the real determining factor. Some would say that there is a single, abstract defining characteristic of a Mary Sue; roughly, that the author is on the character's side, and that the world around them reacts to the character based more on this than any realism.

Hmm.

Bella could definitely be considered a Mary-Sue going against that description: instantly liked by the boys at the school, having one flaw (clumsiness) amongst many good traits, and acting as a wish-fulfilment for the author, in that she gets the perfect guy.

Edward is a little harder to define, however.

I thought it would be interesting to run both Edward and Bella through the Mary-Sue Litmus test, and the results are interesting:

Quote :
Bella:

Your Mary Sue Score: 51
36-55 points: Mary-Sue. Your character needs some work in order to be believable. But despair not; you should still be able to salvage her with a little effort. Don't give up.

Quote :
Edward:

Your Mary Sue Score: 71
71 points or more: Irredeemable-Sue. You're going to have to start over, my friend. I know you want to keep writing, but no. Just no.

So it would appear that Bella is borderline Sue, and Edward is a full-blown Gary-Stu. The results from the test may not be that accurate, because there was a section that could only be answered by the author.

Now, I'm not trying in any way to bash or belittle Twilight, because I love the books. I just thought it was an interesting observation. Quite a few of the questions in that test though, were to do with immortality, species, and special talents - which Edward has, and are necessary for the plot.

Anyway, just thought I'd bring a bit of discussion (and no doubt controversy) into this thread The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 436937
Back to top Go down
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2007-01-30
Number of posts : 4801
Real First Name : Kate or Katie
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw
Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue102 / 700102 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24 2007, 11:02

Hmmm... I wonder how Harry Potter would fare under the Gary Stu test...the point is, no, Bella is not a unique character, neither is Edward, the story itself has been told before. But that does not diminish the enjoyment one can get from the books. The fact that Bella is so likeable and Edward is such a total fantasy guy is the reason we all are reading the books. There is fiction we read to better our minds and then there are stories we read to entertain ourselves. Stephenie Meyers may not be the next Jane Austin , Joyce Carol Oates, or Slyvia Plath, but there should be no shame in enjoying her books.

On a lighter note, I got to read the first chapter of Eclipse (it's in the New Moon Special Edition). So I'm got a little Edward fix. The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 436937
Back to top Go down
http://midnightbookgirl.com
Amy
Amy

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24 2007, 11:05

Quote :
Hmmm... I wonder how Harry Potter would fare under the Gary Stu test...the point is, no, Bella is not a unique character, neither is Edward, the story itself has been told before. But that does not diminish the enjoyment one can get from the books. The fact that Bella is so likeable and Edward is such a total fantasy guy is the reason we all are reading the books. There is fiction we read to better our minds and then there are stories we read to entertain ourselves. Stephenie Meyers may not be the next Jane Austin , Joyce Carol Oates, or Slyvia Plath, but there should be no shame in enjoying her books.

Oh yeah, I agree completely. These books are pure escapism...but putting the characters through the Litmus test was interesting.

Thinking back over the questions, I don't think that Harry would get too high of a score, but when you're dealing with fantasy books, any character will get a high score because a large part of the test depends on if they have special powers.
Back to top Go down
SilverLady
1st Year
1st Year
SilverLady

Female
Country : The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Flag_r10
Regist. date : 2007-01-08
Number of posts : 5672
Real First Name : Cristina
Warning :

Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue28 / 70028 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24 2007, 11:15

I agree with you guys - Twilight is a "light" book and probably not what would qualify as "demanding literature" (uhmm can't find an appropriate term for that) ... but it's so addictive and hey - not every book we read has to be Philosophy or Shakespeare. It's just a fun read :D

And I think it's difficult to put fantasy characters in the same bowl with books that are made to imit reality. I mean, the quality of a fantasy book is exactly the fact that it lets you break free from rules and the day-to-day life. And anyhow, if we were to apply this test to all the old tales told from mother to child in the old days, which were in fact somehow the root of all literature, we'd discover many of them have just these typical heroes and heroines. So what? :D ... we have to get started at some point.

Hmm you know, I somehow think (without wanting to generalise too much) that (almost) all children and teenager books are somehow Mary Sue-ish, because it's just simpler...
Back to top Go down
Agatha Black
1st Year
1st Year
Agatha Black

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24 2007, 12:49

There will always be critics for everything in life. This is definately true to books as well. That's the wonderful thing about individuality....we all like different things. So like horror, some romance, some sci-fi, some fantasy and then others don't like fiction at all. But it's ok...cause there are other's out there that have the same interests and write books about them. If these critics want to say that the Meyer books aren't "good", I say..."to each his own"...and other cliche` things like..."it's all in the eye of the beholder". The books are well written and have mass followings all over the world. I can't remember the last time a series has been so widely popular. Yeah, so she uses character devices and cliche`s...what writer doesn't? Take Frodo...he's your typical zero turned hero. Anyways, I could talk about this all day...but that is exactly what the critics who say the books aren't good want us to do...I'm not gonna get in a huff cause people don't have better things to do with their time. I love Edward...I love Bella....that's all that matters!
Back to top Go down
SilverLady
1st Year
1st Year
SilverLady

Female
Country : The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Flag_r10
Regist. date : 2007-01-08
Number of posts : 5672
Real First Name : Cristina
Warning :

Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue28 / 70028 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24 2007, 14:07

hehe :D

admit it, Aggie - you love Edward more than Bella cuz he's so hot! XD Mwahahaha, caught ya! The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 410894
Back to top Go down
Agatha Black
1st Year
1st Year
Agatha Black

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25 2007, 11:03

Of course!
Back to top Go down
The5Potters
1st Year
1st Year
The5Potters

Female
Regist. date : 2006-10-11
Number of posts : 2978
Real First Name : becca or if your name is Jenn, then Becky....
Warning :

House : GRYFFINDOR becca is the gryffie with slytherin influnces xD
Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 08:12

WOOT! i finished new moon! *is still against Jacob*
Back to top Go down
Fwooper
1st Year
1st Year
Fwooper

Female
Regist. date : 2007-05-31
Number of posts : 293
Real First Name : Masha
Warning :

House : Gryffindor :)
Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 7000 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 03:01

I WANT ECLIPSE!!!!! NOW NOW NOW...

anyone have any thoughts or idea on what they think whats goin gto happen in eclipse?
Back to top Go down
Elfie Dumbledore
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Elfie Dumbledore

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-21
Number of posts : 15397
Real First Name : Sharon
Warning :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1 / 31 / 3The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

House : I didn't retire...I surrendered!
Crest : The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Hogwar10
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 03:23

Becca - I stand with you on being against Jacob! Edward is the only man for Bella!

I can't wait for Eclypse either - Im so glad that I'll have something to look forward to after DH. As for what I think is going to happen in it, I am not sure, although they have to cover that little aspect of....

spoiler in case some people havent read New Moon

Spoiler:

I think thats the main part of the story line that we are all anticipating
Back to top Go down
http://hogwarts-experience.heavenforum.com
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue102 / 700102 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 10:00

I think that there will be lots more books in the series, so I, sadly, don't think Bella will become immortal any time soon
Back to top Go down
The5Potters
1st Year
1st Year
The5Potters

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 11:15

welll i know that there's going to be a fourth book (it says so on meyer's site) so i don't know. Maybe....
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Amy
Amy

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 11:18

I think that in Eclipse we'll see:

Spoiler:

Then, in the fourth book:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The5Potters
1st Year
1st Year
The5Potters

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 11:25

i can see that too.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 12:20

Hmmm, I have to say that I agree that the 4th book :

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Fwooper
1st Year
1st Year
Fwooper

Female
Regist. date : 2007-05-31
Number of posts : 293
Real First Name : Masha
Warning :

House : Gryffindor :)
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 20:20

yay now i can think on whats going to happen and get a lot of ideas in my head...but no time now,...i have to continue with my school essay...
but thanks everyone!!
Back to top Go down
cookiemonster
1st Year
1st Year
cookiemonster

Female
Number of posts : 3086
Warning :

House : Huffieeee
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10 2007, 14:10

Whooot I just finished New Moon! I loved it!

I'm still teetering on the edge between Team Jacob and Team Edward... I know that she'll end up with Edward, but Jacob and her seem to have a better... emotional connection. Sure, Bella can't live without Edward and everything, but she and Jacob can talk about so much more and have a lot more fun together, whereas she and Edward just.... make out.... haha

The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 436937
Back to top Go down
amberg93
Deputy Head : Gryffindor HoH : Arithmancy & Arts & Muggle Studies Professor : 5th Year
Deputy Head : Gryffindor HoH : Arithmancy & Arts & Muggle Studies Professor : 5th Year
amberg93

Female
Country : The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Flag_c10
Regist. date : 2006-03-11
Number of posts : 16910
Real First Name : Amber/Amby :D
Warning :

House : Gryffindor!
Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue391 / 700391 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10 2007, 14:51

See see! I agree with Cookie! She's right :)

*huggles cookie* finally another person who is in between teams! XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.heartofamerica.proboards49.com
cookiemonster
1st Year
1st Year
cookiemonster

Female
Number of posts : 3086
Warning :

House : Huffieeee
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10 2007, 14:58

*hugs* Amby, we can be Team.... Jaward!

The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 436937
Back to top Go down
amberg93
amberg93

Female
Country : The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Flag_c10
Regist. date : 2006-03-11
Number of posts : 16910
Real First Name : Amber/Amby :D
Warning :

House : Gryffindor!
Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue391 / 700391 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10 2007, 15:00

Oh yes Team Jaward all the way!!! XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.heartofamerica.proboards49.com
RhiannonMei
1st Year
1st Year
RhiannonMei

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-02
Number of posts : 4728
Real First Name : June
Warning :

Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue50 / 70050 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10 2007, 15:26

lol I have been resisting reading all the spoiler bars in this thread... it's SO HARD!!! lol Because you see, I still have to read New Moon... I've already read Twilight (finished it last night) and I was in bliss... I love the series!!!

Amy, where can you find the litmus test thingie?
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/love_the_moon
The5Potters
1st Year
1st Year
The5Potters

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15 2007, 23:23

i read all the spoilers before i read new moon *headdesk* lol
Back to top Go down
streams of silver
5th Year
5th Year
streams of silver

Female
Number of posts : 6449
Real First Name : What is real?
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff, of course. I thought it was obvious...
Crest : The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Huffle10
Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 02 2007, 17:29

I'm rereading Twilight, remembering all over again how good it is. And though I'm pretty sure that in the end of the series Edward will be with Bella, because that is just the way it is being written, it still doesn't make any sense to me. Over and over, Bella keeps reiterating how much she loves the sun and hates the cold. And Edward is always cold, will always be, whereas Jacob is hot...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegiftbp.com
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 02 2007, 19:02

Cris, I wouldn't worry. I think that point is thrown in there to show how different Bella and Edward are, the vast difference between human and vampire... add the Jacon twist and it just sets up the rest of the series. If the road to romance was smooth there wouldn't have been a second or third book. I'm betting on a Jacob/Angela pairing maybe someday... it could work!
Back to top Go down
RhiannonMei
1st Year
1st Year
RhiannonMei

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-02
Number of posts : 4728
Real First Name : June
Warning :

Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue50 / 70050 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 05 2007, 11:35

I read New Moon while I was on vacation... And then I reread it a bajillion times!!!! I can't wait for eclipse!!!!!!!Jacob/Angela? i dunno... she seems very happy with Ben at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/love_the_moon
polly
3rd Year
3rd Year
polly

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-12
Number of posts : 10718
Real First Name : Polly
Warning :

House : Ravenclaw!
Wand : Hawthorn and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue11 / 70011 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 05 2007, 11:49

I have just ordered the first one in the series of amazon XD oooo I am excited they seem amazing.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Amy

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23 2007, 09:37

I got an email from amazon this morning:

Quote :
Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order.

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was
changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Stephenie Meyer (Author) "Eclipse" [Hardcover]
Estimated arrival date: 24/09/07 - 25/09/07

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Has the release date officially changed?? There's nothing on Stephenie's website or on the Twilight lexicon to say it has, so I'm really confused. Did anyone else who's pre-ordered get anything like this?
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat
2nd Year
2nd Year
drkangelcat

Female
Regist. date : 2007-02-01
Number of posts : 4340
Real First Name : Cat
Warning :

House : Slytherin's Official Nut
Wand : Willow & Veela Hair
Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68 / 70068 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03 2007, 11:42

I can't wait for the next book...I have become addicted lol

When does the new one come out?
Back to top Go down
http://drkangelkitty.deviantart.com
Agatha Black
1st Year
1st Year
Agatha Black

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 09:23

Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait! I have to work....but Kate is getting up early and going to B&B!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat
2nd Year
2nd Year
drkangelcat

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68 / 70068 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 09:27

I am gonna have to force m mom to take me to a book store. I have been saving up my money to get the book hehe.
Back to top Go down
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 10:01

Waking up super early tomorrow to pick up copies for me and Ame, then I'll drop hers off to her since she is stuck at work, but I will go home and curl up with the book. I cannot wait!!
Back to top Go down
The5Potters
1st Year
1st Year
The5Potters

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 10:13

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i'm so excited!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 23:43

It's the 7th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why on God's green earth can't Barnes and Noble be open 24 hours a day????????? Why are there no midnight release parties for my Edward??? The suspense is killing me!!!! Did I mention that I'm a bit excited? I am really too old to be so *squeeeeey*! The last quote of the day on Stephenie's site:

Spoiler:

EDIT.... a few hours later

Okay, can't sleep, so I was trying to learn how to use my Paint Shop Pro by using Amy's Tutorial (which went well). So this is me messing about with Eclipse in mind:

The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Alice
Back to top Go down
Agatha Black
1st Year
1st Year
Agatha Black

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 07 2007, 08:41

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!reading now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 07 2007, 09:22

Stepenie's site is uber busy- but you can get to it if you keep hitting refresh.
But here is the Eclispse playlist (yeah more Coldplay and Muse!!)

Quote :
Mexican Standoff – Elbow
Hamburg Song – Keane
Clocks – Coldplay
The Small Print – Muse
Stab My Back – The All-American Rejects
Overweight [edited] – Blue October
Mr. Brightside – The Killers
Newborn – Muse
Love Me Like You – The Magic Numbers
Vindicated – Dashboard Confessional
Hysteria – Muse
Uninvited – Alanis Morissette
Yes Please – Muse
Infra-Read – Placebo
The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot – Brand New
Luv – Travis
Blackout – Muse
It’s A Disaster – Ok Go
*Disappear – My Chemical Romance
*Sleep – My Chemical Romance
*Falling Away With You – Muse
*Accident & Emergency – Patrick Wolf
*The Well and the Lighthouse – Arcade Fire
*I couldn’t make up my mind about the last song on the playlist, so pick your favorite of these five!
Back to top Go down
Agatha Black
1st Year
1st Year
Agatha Black

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 07 2007, 09:25

Patrick Wolf...hmmm...interesting last name...
Back to top Go down
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 07 2007, 09:32

It had better just be a cute coincidence!
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat
2nd Year
2nd Year
drkangelcat

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 07 2007, 09:55

*has to wait till mom gets home to go get book*

I hate waiting! lol
Back to top Go down
Agatha Black
1st Year
1st Year
Agatha Black

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 07 2007, 12:22

It's sooooo good!!!!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The5Potters
1st Year
1st Year
The5Potters

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 07 2007, 21:13

me too, agy.

OK i just finished. It was just...so good....*is still processing*
Back to top Go down
Rigby Dumbledore
3rd Year
3rd Year
Rigby Dumbledore

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 07 2007, 22:41

I loved it!! Of course not everything was perfect, to be perfect Jacob would have had to die in the very first book, but it was everything I hoped it would be!!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The5Potters
1st Year
1st Year
The5Potters

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 08 2007, 07:22

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
drkangelcat
2nd Year
2nd Year
drkangelcat

Female
Warning :

Award Bar :

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 08 2007, 08:58

Woot I read 10 chapters last nite lol....and got 3 hours of sleep

*must read more*
Back to top Go down
Just_Ginny
1st Year
1st Year
Just_Ginny

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-26
Number of posts : 10804
Real First Name : Rachel
Warning :

House : Hufflepuff! HUFF PUFF BADGERS FOR THE WIN!
Award Bar :
The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 70025 / 700The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 08 2007, 18:42

Spoiler:

Weee, all in all, I lurrrved Eclipse very muchly.
Back to top Go down
http://charmedchildren.proboards51.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Series: General Discussion   The Twilight Series: General Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Twilight Series: General Discussion
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next